PDA

View Full Version : 2014-15 general admission prices

racehorse-80s
30-01-2014, 09:22 AM
Have the 2014-15 general admission prices been decided yet and what are they if they have for Adults and Kids ?
Cheers in advance .

CPFC2010
30-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Have the 2014-15 general admission prices been decided yet and what are they if they have for Adults and Kids ?
Cheers in advance .

No, they've not been decided yet but probably about the same as this year for Premier League.

For example AW is 32 for B games and 40 for A. If there are 12 x B and 7 x A that totals 664. A season ticket currently costs 500 which is a pretty decent saving.

racehorse-80s
30-01-2014, 10:19 AM
No, they've not been decided yet but probably about the same as this year for Premier League.

For example AW is 32 for B games and 40 for A. If there are 12 x B and 7 x A that totals 664. A season ticket currently costs 500 which is a pretty decent saving.

What are the Kids and 18-21 general sale prices as their season tickets costs have increased significantly ?

CPFC2010
30-01-2014, 04:06 PM
What are the Kids and 18-21 general sale prices as their season tickets costs have increased significantly ?

Kids are half price and 18-21 2/3 price.

Billy Rhino
30-01-2014, 04:13 PM
I know we've discussed this before but can I try and put my suggestion across that I think will hopefully fill Selhurst next season :

All Cat A rules the same as now i.e. members only + the A & B proviso.
All Cat B games, as per Norwich and Stoke games, open to all fans.

2 discount per member per game for all games. Currently Palace members pay the same price as away non-members for the Arthur Wait = 32. This is unfair imo as it effectively means away fans are charged less per game than home fans for the same stand. The previous season members used to get a 2 discount and I still cant work out why it was dropped.

Both of these rules together will not only encourage more Palace fans to become members but will also help fill the ground with non-members for Cat B games. Win-win.

CPFC2010
30-01-2014, 04:23 PM
I know we've discussed this before but can I try and put my suggestion across that I think will hopefully fill Selhurst next season :

All Cat A rules the same as now i.e. members only + the A & B proviso.
All Cat B games, as per Norwich and Stoke games, open to all fans.

2 discount per member per game for all games. Currently Palace members pay the same price as away non-members for the Arthur Wait = 32. This is unfair imo as it effectively means away fans are charged less per game than home fans for the same stand. The previous season members used to get a 2 discount and I still cant work out why it was dropped.

Both of these rules together will not only encourage more Palace fans to become members but will also help fill the ground with non-members for Cat B games. Win-win.

You can't have all Cat B games open to all fans if the away end is sold out (eg West Ham, Newcastle, Cardiff etc etc) or away fans will buy tickets in home areas.

As I have said to you all along, the atmosphere and the passion at Selhurst this season is crucial (more important than ticket income) and we want all the home areas to be 100% Palace.

Billy Rhino
30-01-2014, 05:10 PM
You can't have all Cat B games open to all fans if the away end is sold out (eg West Ham, Newcastle, Cardiff etc etc) or away fans will buy tickets in home areas.

As I have said to you all along, the atmosphere and the passion at Selhurst this season is crucial (more important than ticket income) and we want all the home areas to be 100% Palace.

I see your point. How about three categories to nullify that issue then?

Thought it was a real shame we only had 22,500 against Hull (saying that imagine saying those words a couple of years ago!). Still think members should get a 2 discount otherwise there's no financial benefit to being one. If you want the home end to be full of passionate Palace fans then give them some incentive to come.

redandblue
30-01-2014, 05:47 PM
I see your point. How about three categories to nullify that issue then?

Thought it was a real shame we only had 22,500 against Hull (saying that imagine saying those words a couple of years ago!). Still think members should get a 2 discount otherwise there's no financial benefit to being one. If you want the home end to be full of passionate Palace fans then give them some incentive to come.

2 per game 19 games per season = 38 that would be a move that had benefits for the club ! Who will the discount be against as only Members and ST holders can but tickets ?

Oisin
30-01-2014, 05:53 PM
The A B thing having to be bought together is quite difficult for overseas fans. I’ve bought B tickets in the past but have been told I will have to buy another B ticket to get a Liverpool ticket (I know they aren’t on sale yet but I’ve been asked the box office). That’s the only weekend I’ll be in the UK between now and July. As you have a record of all tickets sold to members why can’t you qualify for an A ticket if you already have enough B games? Or when you buy an A ticket can you buy a B ticket voucher for a future game rather than a named game?
And I do get that its important to have only home fans in home areas. But at the start of the season it must be possible to highlight a few games where away fans won’t sell out there end – like Hull midweek. Make these Cat C. Same as B in every way except you don’t need a membership. I’m just a little concerned by making all games only open to members we end up pricing out casual fans who have taken an interest or people who just want to go to a game. When I lived in the UK I converted a few people to Palace and you see on social media people who just want to see us play because of the atmosphere. These could be future season ticket holders (btw I think they are fantastic value for 19 cup finals).

Pistol Knight
30-01-2014, 06:10 PM
For those living abroad there should be a special way of buying their tickets because of the difficulties with travel & tv company's changing kick off times

Am Phibian
30-01-2014, 06:43 PM
People with a half decent booking history should have access to unsold tickets 72hrs before a game in my 'umble.

At least then a fair few of the Exiles - and there are many of us - could see a game should we happen to be in London when we are at home aswell as the locals who for one reason or another don't have membership but have followed the Palace and find themselves able to go to a particular not sold out game.

When we are safe Steve do you think that will be a reasonable request in the tweaking of the ticketing policy should one or two tweaks take place?

I have mentioned it before I know.

CPFC2010
30-01-2014, 08:16 PM
People with a half decent booking history should have access to unsold tickets 72hrs before a game in my 'umble.

At least then a fair few of the Exiles - and there are many of us - could see a game should we happen to be in London when we are at home aswell as the locals who for one reason or another don't have membership but have followed the Palace and find themselves able to go to a particular not sold out game.

When we are safe Steve do you think that will be a reasonable request in the tweaking of the ticketing policy should one or two tweaks take place?

I have mentioned it before I know.

"When we are safe" - and I have sobered up from that event - please remind me.

Having said that, I still dont see why any Palace feels like they shouldn't be a member of our club.

Billy Rhino
30-01-2014, 08:24 PM
"When we are safe" - and I have sobered up from that event - please remind me.

Having said that, I still dont see why any Palace feels like they shouldn't be a member of our club.

I think it would be better if you came on here and just agreed to it whilst still drunk.:p

Billy Rhino
11-02-2014, 06:47 PM
2 per game 19 games per season = 38 that would be a move that had benefits for the club ! Who will the discount be against as only Members and ST holders can but tickets ?

The member would get a discount for 1 ticket per game, if they pay for guests then they would have to pay full fee for their tickets. ST holders already have a ticket so they wouldn't get a discount. Why is this so hard to understand? This is exactly how it worked in the Championship last season!

redandblue
12-02-2014, 07:44 PM
The member would get a discount for 1 ticket per game, if they pay for guests then they would have to pay full fee for their tickets. ST holders already have a ticket so they wouldn't get a discount. Why is this so hard to understand? This is exactly how it worked in the Championship last season!

Why would the club want to give member ps a potential 38 back for a 25 fee ?

The benefit of being a member is that you can buy tickets not that you can save money if you want to save money buy a season ticket if you don't want to or can't commit then don't but also don't expect to get any financial benefit for not being able to commit for a season or half season or even a selhurst 6.

You can not compare schemes that in place for this season where games are selling out to last season when it was half empty. If the club is getting the ticket sales that it needs now what possible benefit would it have of discounting tickets ?

Why is this so hard to understand?

Billy Rhino
12-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Why would the club want to give member ps a potential 38 back for a 25 fee ?

The benefit of being a member is that you can buy tickets not that you can save money if you want to save money buy a season ticket if you don't want to or can't commit then don't but also don't expect to get any financial benefit for not being able to commit for a season or half season or even a selhurst 6.

You can not compare schemes that in place for this season where games are selling out to last season when it was half empty. If the club is getting the ticket sales that it needs now what possible benefit would it have of discounting tickets ?

Why is this so hard to understand?

Ok so the financial arrangement isn't beneficial to the club (assuming the member will attend every game, which they WONT otherwise they'd buy a bleedin season ticket!).

The point is about encouraging the Palace end to be 100% Palace. As SB says this is more important than selling tickets to away fans, therefore the logic states that you should encourage Palace fans to buy memberships as much as possible.

We should be encouraging as many Palace fans as possible to be members of the club, just as we have in previous seasons, therefore a 2 discount on matchday tickets makes complete sense. Sorry you find this hard to understand.

CPFC2010
12-02-2014, 11:53 PM
Ok so the financial arrangement isn't beneficial to the club (assuming the member will attend every game, which they WONT otherwise they'd buy a bleedin season ticket!).

The point is about encouraging the Palace end to be 100% Palace. As SB says this is more important than selling tickets to away fans, therefore the logic states that you should encourage Palace fans to buy memberships as much as possible.

We should be encouraging as many Palace fans as possible to be members of the club, just as we have in previous seasons, therefore a 2 discount on matchday tickets makes complete sense. Sorry you find this hard to understand.

Groundhog Day.....

Why give members 2 discount when only members can buy tickets? If you like we could put the prices up by 2 then give a 2 discount

Billy Rhino
13-02-2014, 12:07 AM
Because non-member away fans pay the same price as member home fans. Effectively, home fans are paying more than away fans and yet you want the home end to be 100% Palace. It's not fair.

CPFC2010
13-02-2014, 12:37 AM
Because non-member away fans pay the same price as member home fans. Effectively, home fans are paying more than away fans and yet you want the home end to be 100% Palace. It's not fair.

When Man Utd charged their members 5 less than our members for tickets to Old Trafford we complained strongly to the PL. When the PL failed to support us on this we charged Man Utd fans 5 extra per seat for the game at Selhurst. So CPFC members have a 5 discount for that game if you really want to look at it that way.

MasterYoda
13-02-2014, 08:00 AM
Nice one. Seems a blatant flouting of the rules but good to see we've reciprocated

tasty_snacks
13-02-2014, 10:02 AM
When Man Utd charged their members 5 less than our members for tickets to Old Trafford we complained strongly to the PL. When the PL failed to support us on this we charged Man Utd fans 5 extra per seat for the game at Selhurst. So CPFC members have a 5 discount for that game if you really want to look at it that way.

Did we? Quite right too. Perhaps we can also arrange for one of their players to be sent off and a penalty awarded for tackling legitimately 3 yards outside the box?

Above all I sincerely hope that this is a debate we can have in May - we all know thousands will dissappear into the ether if we go down.

I believe another year in the PL will only send ticket demand up yet again. We could realistically therefore expect to 'sell out' most home matches. But I do get what BR is trying to say. Think of a young family moving into South London; mum or dad wants to take little 'un along for a match, which they're willing to do for the face value. But will they pay an extra 25 for the ability to get a ticket - probably not, as they're not 'fans' yet (they would be of course as soon as they attend their first match). Instead they might go along to Charlton. This is where we have a danger of failing to grow our fanbase - it's the casuals that become fans only after they've been to a match or two. By restricting it to members only we're effectively saying that you have to have a fairly strong affiliation to Palace already (or be relatively well off such that 25 for a casual match is throwaway money). I go along often now to watch Dulwich Hamlet, but had they at first charged me nearly double to go along to my first match, I would probably never have bothered. Different context, same principle.

Perhaps there's a solution in cat C matches. No price differential, just the ability of non-members to buy tickets for a certain period before the match, say one week. There only has to be two or three of these per season, and you can predict the matches that could qualify as cat C when the fixtures come out as you know the away side won't sell their allocation - Hull midweek is a standout example this season, but you could also have confidently plumped for Swansea, WBA or Cardiff. That might even sate Billy R.... ;)

Random*
13-02-2014, 11:00 AM
I completely support the current ticketing policy. We have to build club support by growing the base of regulars. With limited capacity you don't want any members to miss out on any games they want to go to.

CPFC2010
13-02-2014, 11:12 AM
I completely support the current ticketing policy. We have to build club support by growing the base of regulars. With limited capacity you don't want any members to miss out on any games they want to go to.

Thanks. I don't think that any Palace fan has missed out on tickets to any home Premier league game this season - which would certainly have not been the case if we had made it easy for neutrals, plastics, away fans etc to buy tickets. If you are a Palace member you can still get in to the Man Utd game in 10 days' time.

Billy Rhino
13-02-2014, 06:25 PM

:D I'm all for charging Man U fans more, they owe us!:p

However I don't see anything wrong in what they've done, they are simply looking after their members and trying to encourage them to visit more, so I'm not surprised the PL didn't support you. Last season you did exactly the same thing with a 2 discount for members (of which I was one and tended to go more games because of it).

Tasty snacks has got it bang on, we need to find the best ways of building our fanbase instead of this closed shop attitude, which is mad when you consider we haven't sold out any games at all so far. Cat C could be the answer for all the games that are unlikely to sell out.