PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Deadline Day - So what was different this time?

The Omen
01-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Just wondered if you can let us know what you did differently this transfer window?

The summer you admitted that you found it difficult and it was a bit of a wake up call for the club.

Move on 6 months and we operated like an organised club who knew who they wanted and went and got them. I think it has put the club in a very good light compared to how some of our rivals operated.

So what do you put the success down to? The board? Pulis? Moody?

CPFC2010
01-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Just wondered if you can let us know what you did differently this transfer window?

The summer you admitted that you found it difficult and it was a bit of a wake up call for the club.

Move on 6 months and we operated like an organised club who knew who they wanted and went and got them. I think it has put the club in a very good light compared to how some of our rivals operated.

So what do you put the success down to? The board? Pulis? Moody?

That's really a question for SP rather than me. Certainly it helps to have an experienced PL manager and an experienced head of recruitment (Sporting Director) but Steve pulls the strings and he's an exceptionally smart bloke. He's played this window really well. Plus Phil Alexander did a great job getting all the compicated paperwork sorted out with very tight deadlines.

mrgins
01-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Is SP smarter than you? Just kidding. I'm just pleased we got some more quality to boost the admirable efforts of our current squad. With Hennessy knocking on Jule's door, will Jules be guaranteed a testimonial?

aquickgame2
02-02-2014, 10:29 AM
I would imagine last August transfer window opened your eyes on how not to do things.

Question....What exactly did you learn from that ?

CPFC2010
02-02-2014, 08:22 PM
I would imagine last August transfer window opened your eyes on how not to do things.

Question....What exactly did you learn from that ?

SP is in charge of transfers so that's really a question for him