PDA

View Full Version : Fans' forum

Riley
05-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Steve, do you know if there are plans to hold another one of these anytime soon? It's been a while since the last one but they always seemed to go down well even before the marketing side was improved.

Maybe it's not the right time with survival a priority, but my memory was jogged by something Tony Pulis recently said about the bond between the players and fans and how crucial it is.

Not sure how others feel but I'd consider paying a tenner to attend if a drink was thrown in (not literally, of course).

CPFC2010
06-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Steve, do you know if there are plans to hold another one of these anytime soon? It's been a while since the last one but they always seemed to go down well even before the marketing side was improved.

Maybe it's not the right time with survival a priority, but my memory was jogged by something Tony Pulis recently said about the bond between the players and fans and how crucial it is.

Not sure how others feel but I'd consider paying a tenner to attend if a drink was thrown in (not literally, of course).

I'll see if we can do one. Maybe at the end of the season if not before.

Riley
07-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Great, thanks. You could have Keith Millen, maybe Richard Shaw or Gary Issott, one or two of the more seasoned and forthcoming players like Jedi or Delaney and maybe even yourself or Steve. That would be a quality line-up!

My next idea was 'an evening with Julian Speroni' or similar format to showcase his ten years with us, where you'd plonk Jules on a stage, do a Q&A, show some video clips, get a few former players and managers in to speak about memories or memorable games they shared (maybe not Kevin Campbell though), and then unbeknown to him present him with an award of some sort (not Kevin Campbell though) at the end. Serve chilled with Argentinian wine, which I'm sure you could suggest.

What do you reckon? I'd pay a tenner to come to that as well.

CPFC2010
07-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Great, thanks. You could have Keith Millen, maybe Richard Shaw or Gary Issott, one or two of the more seasoned and forthcoming players like Jedi or Delaney and maybe even yourself or Steve. That would be a quality line-up!

My next idea was 'an evening with Julian Speroni' or similar format to showcase his ten years with us, where you'd plonk Jules on a stage, do a Q&A, show some video clips, get a few former players and managers in to speak about memories or memorable games they shared (maybe not Kevin Campbell though), and then unbeknown to him present him with an award of some sort (not Kevin Campbell though) at the end. Serve chilled with Argentinian wine, which I'm sure you could suggest.

What do you reckon? I'd pay a tenner to come to that as well.

I'll ask what the others think about doing this

squired
07-02-2014, 11:43 PM
I would be well up for both these events .