PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd tickets

TheRev
07-02-2014, 09:11 AM
Apologies if this is answered anywhere else, but I have a mate at work who is a "Man Utd fan" and I've managed to persuade him to finally watch his team(!) at Selhurst. Have been online to try and sort tickets, but the only way to purchase is with West Brom tickets for tomorrow and that's sold out! Can I still get Man Utd tickets with a different B game (Southampton or Villa?) or was this my only option?

It's fantastic that the West Brom game is sold out...I'll even take seats in the dugout if that's easier?

CPFC2010
07-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Apologies if this is answered anywhere else, but I have a mate at work who is a "Man Utd fan" and I've managed to persuade him to finally watch his team(!) at Selhurst. Have been online to try and sort tickets, but the only way to purchase is with West Brom tickets for tomorrow and that's sold out! Can I still get Man Utd tickets with a different B game (Southampton or Villa?) or was this my only option?

It's fantastic that the West Brom game is sold out...I'll even take seats in the dugout if that's easier?

The West Brom game is not sold out, more tickets have been released by reducing the size of the sterile area. After this game fans can buy Man Utd tickets tied with Southampton tickets but they must be CPFC members.

Tickets for home areas are for sale to home fans only. We want 100% Palace fans in the Palace seats so if your friend is a Man Utd fan I'm sorry but he'll have to make a trip to Old Trafford to watch his team.

little al
08-02-2014, 05:08 AM
In other words, tell him to **** off. He can watch it on TV as usual. Wanker.

CPFC2010
08-02-2014, 08:05 AM
In other words, tell him to **** off. He can watch it on TV as usual. Wanker.

Al, there are downsides to being a director of a football club. One is that you cant always say what you think. Fortunately there are good people around to do it for me. Thank You.

Nelson Muntz
08-02-2014, 08:40 AM

FFS. Whats wrong with you? Don't bring a Man Utd 'fan' to the game.
We want all four sides except the away bit to be rocking with Palace.
If I see one Man Utd in my end I will be reporting the twat and hoping he'll be chucked out along with the wally who sorted the ticket for him in the first place.

Let's keep Selhurst Palace.

MasterYoda
08-02-2014, 11:00 AM
It's not a question but......

:lux:

alanlee11
08-02-2014, 11:47 AM
id rather a few empty seats that casual 'Man U fans' paying Selhurst a visit to see their team play live for the first time in year.

Langers
08-02-2014, 12:14 PM
How many MoanU tickets are left? It would be scandalous if it us not sold out

Oli28
08-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Persuading a man u fan to come in the home end... ffs

Dog & Bull Bri
08-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Is this true no beer at the ground for man utd ??

CPFC2010
08-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Is this true no beer at the ground for man utd ??

Apparently there has been some bad behaviour by some of their away fans this season so no booze in the away end. Dont worry Brian as normal in home areas so you will get your Cronx and Kernel OK ;-)

CPFC2010
08-02-2014, 07:03 PM
How many MoanU tickets are left? It would be scandalous if it us not sold out

They are still available but only for CP members and guests of season ticket holders. Tied with buying a Southampton ticket. Hopefully that will ensure only Palace fans in home areas and another great atmosphere.

waddoneagle
08-02-2014, 08:15 PM
No tickets to Glory Hunters Please . Palace Only

CPFC2010
08-02-2014, 08:34 PM
No tickets to Glory Hunters Please . Palace Only

Exactly what our ticketing policy is all about......and partly why we have such a great home record.

King William
08-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Apparently there has been some bad behaviour by some of their away fans this season so no booze in the away end. Dont worry Brian as normal in home areas so you will get your Cronx and Kernel OK ;-)

There away fans are certainly not the prawn sandwhich brigade. Fair play.
But, have a history over past few years of problems at away games - overlooked I guess by media as they are media darlings

Dog & Bull Bri
08-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Ok thanks Steve!!

Billyd
09-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Home ends will be rammed full of United im afraid :(

Tony Montana
09-02-2014, 10:32 AM

Are you for real? Tell your mate he's not welcome at selhurst

CPFC2010
09-02-2014, 11:15 AM

Presumably you are joking.

Eaglefoz
09-02-2014, 01:22 PM
I know a couple who are Utd supporters that I have bought tickets for various Palace matches last season and this (they even came to wembley).
They have decided not to come to Utd match out of respect for what 2010 are doing and until they accept Palace as No. 1, I agree with them.

However, they do want Palace to nick points from Utd this time round, how long do you think it will be before they convert?

Billy Rhino
09-02-2014, 03:26 PM
I took a work colleague Arsenal fan to the Hull game. He loved it and was singing all the songs in the 2nd half.

The reason I invited him was because I had a spare season ticket going free and no one else I know wanted it.

CPFC2010
09-02-2014, 03:52 PM
I know a couple who are Utd supporters that I have bought tickets for various Palace matches last season and this (they even came to wembley).
They have decided not to come to Utd match out of respect for what 2010 are doing and until they accept Palace as No. 1, I agree with them.

However, they do want Palace to nick points from Utd this time round, how long do you think it will be before they convert?

Sounds like you have nearly converted them.

Tony Montana
09-02-2014, 03:58 PM
I was speaking to a Utd fan last night who said that Palace were now his second team. I told him i'd rather he hated us rather than all this 2nd team BS. I don't want to be anyones second team, the whole idea is plastic and fickle.

CPFC2010
09-02-2014, 04:00 PM
I took a work colleague Arsenal fan to the Hull game. He loved it and was singing all the songs in the 2nd half.

The reason I invited him was because I had a spare season ticket going free and no one else I know wanted it.

I'm sure there are a lot of fans of big clubs out there who could come to Selhurst and realise what they have been missing.

But not Man Utd 'fans' at CP v Man Utd. We want 100% Palace support at this one.

Oli28
09-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Despite the ticket arrangements there have still been plenty of away fans in the AW for every match this season. West Ham/Arsenal in particular. I'd say West Brom were probably the first team to score a goal at Selhurst this season which wasn't followed by several groups of people celebrating. Nothing more you can do though as far as ticket restrictions are concerned.

CPFC2010
09-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Despite the ticket arrangements there have still been plenty of away fans in the AW for every match this season. West Ham/Arsenal in particular. I'd say West Brom were probably the first team to score a goal at Selhurst this season which wasn't followed by several groups of people celebrating. Nothing more you can do though as far as ticket restrictions are concerned.

That's annoying to hear. I would remind season tickets holders and members that they may purchase tickets for home fans only.

Billyd
09-02-2014, 06:55 PM

No. Arthur has had quite a few away fans for the Tottenham, Arsenal and Newcastle games so far. Never any trouble to be fair. But away fans have celebrated too. A couple of Newcastle fans did get ejected for over celebrating I believe after a few of Palace fans didnt like it!

To be honest its going to pretty hard to stop/police anyway. Happens everywhere when away ends sell out. Im sure we had hundreds in the Arsenal end a couple of weeks ago.

carter
09-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Are stewards actually allowed to remove away fans from the ground that are sitting in the home sections?

baldeagle68
09-02-2014, 08:36 PM

I'm sure they will be removed as soon as they are identified... by the clubs stewards with the aid of a size 10 boot!:p

The Home ends are exactly what they say they are and that's why we have an away section..... It's the same for us when we travel away.

pgw152
10-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Steve, just wondering when restricted view Arthur Wait seats will be released online for the Man U + Soton combo? As it stands, if people want to sit together, they can't buy them online, because there are just a handful of singles dotted about the place.

I think, unless mistaken, freeing up the restricted view seats for these 2 matches and marrying them together for the combo (however it's done) would get the Man U sales going. Most people buy 2 tickets at a time and seeing just singles is off putting...

Selhurst Celtic
10-02-2014, 12:03 PM
A poster on the BBS has already declared on here that he has purchased a ticket for his Man Utd supporting father. I don't want to tout on the poster, but you can be sure that he would be the first to have a proper strop and throw the sponges out of his car cleaning bucket if he couldn't get tickets for a given match - and has done so already this season on a couple of occasions. It would appear that he is of the one rule for him, another rule for anyone else. This match will sell out, and there are going to be Palace fans disappointed due to actions like the above.

A lad I've known for 20 years (I was an Usher at his wedding too) supports Man Utd. He is from Salford and has followed his side across Europe. He is struggling to get a ticket for this match but he wouldn't even consider asking me to get him a ticket in the home end as a) He knows the score and b) He's aware that I wouldn't buy him one anyway.

I want to support Palace surrounded by the red and blue faithful. The energy and togetherness that sweeps you along is part of why we support this great club. I don't want some tourist/plastic/day tripper Man Utd fan anywhere near me in the home end. Any Palace supporter that willingly sells a ticket to a Man Utd 'fan' is betraying themselves and the club.

CPFC2010
10-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Steve, just wondering when restricted view Arthur Wait seats will be released online for the Man U + Soton combo? As it stands, if people want to sit together, they can't buy them online, because there are just a handful of singles dotted about the place.

I think, unless mistaken, freeing up the restricted view seats for these 2 matches and marrying them together for the combo (however it's done) would get the Man U sales going. Most people buy 2 tickets at a time and seeing just singles is off putting...

I think that these are available from the box office but not on line. There are also tickets available in Block U (next to the sterile area).

CPFC2010
10-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Are stewards actually allowed to remove away fans from the ground that are sitting in the home sections?

Certainly if they are being disruptive. If they sit on their hands an behave they might get away with it.

Any Palace member selling/giving their ticket in a home area to an away fan risks being blacklisted if there is trouble as a result - even if not directly caused by that away fan.

TheRev
11-02-2014, 08:32 AM
I've opened a can of worms here, my apologies!

My 'mate' is a work colleague, and calls himself a Man Utd fan, but like the most has never been to Old Trafford, never seen them live and never seen Palace, so I was hoping to convert him to a real and much more local club. I fully appreciate that this is not in the ethos of the club, so I will not offer. As others have stated, I have seen many non Palace fans in the AW so thought it was accepted.

Thanks for the reply Steve, will try for the ManUre & Soton games then.

Billy Rhino
11-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Considering the West Brom game has now gone and you need to buy Cat A & B tickets at the same time, is Man Utd a sell out? If not will you relax the rule nearer the game for members and ST holders to buy tickets? (or safer still just ST holders as it's likely there a quite a few Man Utd members that have joined). I know a few Palace fans who would go.

Paul Harvey
11-02-2014, 09:27 PM
I have just found this

london.craigslist.co.uk/tix/4321467744.html (sorry its not a direct link but my post count won't let me post a URL to an external site)

The price seems right if you take into consideration the B game!

CPFC2010
12-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Considering the West Brom game has now gone and you need to buy Cat A & B tickets at the same time, is Man Utd a sell out? If not will you relax the rule nearer the game for members and ST holders to buy tickets? (or safer still just ST holders as it's likely there a quite a few Man Utd members that have joined). I know a few Palace fans who would go.

There are some Man Utd tickets left and they can bought 1:1 with Saints tickets. I can't see us selling them untied as that would might make it too easy for their fans to buy tickets in home areas. And that's the last thing that we want.

CPFC2010
12-02-2014, 12:14 PM
I have just found this

london.craigslist.co.uk/tix/4321467744.html (sorry its not a direct link but my post count won't let me post a URL to an external site)

The price seems right if you take into consideration the B game!

72 is the cost of a Man Utd and Southampton ticket combined but doesn't allow for the 25 cost of buying a membership - or give the tout a profit.

Away fans thinking of buying in home areas risk being ejected by stewards (or something worse from Palace fans ;))

kolinkins
12-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Steve - are measures in place to ensure Palace fans get Palace membership? I know of a few Liverpool and Utd fans who have got memberships (us and Fulham are the only way they get to see their teams play, it seems).

CPFC2010
12-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Steve - are measures in place to ensure Palace fans get Palace membership? I know of a few Liverpool and Utd fans who have got memberships (us and Fulham are the only way they get to see their teams play, it seems).

I can't really see how we can stop a London based Man Utd supporter from buying a Membership and a Southampton ticket if they really want to.

The only satisfaction is that it will cost them 97, they'll get one of the least good seats in the stadium and they'll have to sit on their hands if they don't want any trouble.

And maybe they won't win either.

kolinkins
12-02-2014, 12:37 PM
I can't really see how we can stop a London based Man Utd supporter from buying a Membership and a Southampton ticket if they really want to.

The only satisfaction is that it will cost them 97, they'll get one of the least good seats in the stadium and they'll have to sit on their hands if they don't want any trouble.

I guess. I was just thinking there will may be Palace fans who miss out. Perhaps between now and season end, memberships should be purchased through referral? ie: if you want one, you have to give a friend/family members Client ID to get it? At least makes it harder and most Palace fans will know a Palace ST holder?

Am Phibian
12-02-2014, 01:38 PM

If new members had to have a half-decent booking history. Or for a general booking period to non-members for unsold tickets the same. That would solve the problem.

As it is if United score there will be more than one or two cheering from all the stands.

Better than empty seats imo. But not better than non-member Palace fans having them if they could. Which they can't.

deanchilds
12-02-2014, 02:22 PM
A poster on the BBS has already declared on here that he has purchased a ticket for his Man Utd supporting father. I don't want to tout on the poster, but you can be sure that he would be the first to have a proper strop and throw the sponges out of his car cleaning bucket if he couldn't get tickets for a given match - and has done so already this season on a couple of occasions. It would appear that he is of the one rule for him, another rule for anyone else. This match will sell out, and there are going to be Palace fans disappointed due to actions like the above.

A lad I've known for 20 years (I was an Usher at his wedding too) supports Man Utd. He is from Salford and has followed his side across Europe. He is struggling to get a ticket for this match but he wouldn't even consider asking me to get him a ticket in the home end as a) He knows the score and b) He's aware that I wouldn't buy him one anyway.

I want to support Palace surrounded by the red and blue faithful. The energy and togetherness that sweeps you along is part of why we support this great club. I don't want some tourist/plastic/day tripper Man Utd fan anywhere near me in the home end. Any Palace supporter that willingly sells a ticket to a Man Utd 'fan' is betraying themselves and the club.

Piss off mate! My Dad's got MS for **** sake, I asked Steve Browett and he said he couldn't agree with it big seeing as he won't be in a fit stage to cheer a goal then it was ok to a certain extent.

I just want to see the look on his face when we beat them!

If you want to discuss the mater my numbers below as I'm sick of you digging me out over it. At least I have the balls to admit to it unlike many who will get tickets for away fans and keep quiet.

deanchilds
12-02-2014, 02:26 PM
And PS I've taken my Dad to OT for a Man UTD Spurs game in past and all he kept doing was falling over as his legs can't take the walking.

He went to Fulham Man UTD last season and done the same.

So before you start with the whole "great fan crap" my Dad will be sitting in Row 2 because he can't climb the stairs so doubt he will see much of the game anyway despite being almost blind!

Neillo's Son
12-02-2014, 02:41 PM

If they didn't deprive a true CPFC fan from attending the game by spending that sum of money and they were as respectful as away fans could be PLUS they gave their Southampton ticket to a CPFC fan, it'd be next to impossible to tell the difference.

Either way, if Palace fans want the tickets first then they should be able to get them, if not, at least Palace will pocket a few quid from those fans willing to pay an extraordinary amount to see ManUre play.

Marshy
12-02-2014, 04:21 PM

:D

Billy Rhino
12-02-2014, 07:17 PM
There are some Man Utd tickets left and they can bought 1:1 with Saints tickets. I can't see us selling them untied as that would might make it too easy for their fans to buy tickets in home areas. And that's the last thing that we want.

What I meant was that if only season ticket holders could buy the tickets for their friends then surely that would mean Man Utd fans couldn't? (other than people like the OP). I think it would be tragic if we don't sell out, especially as the 40 price of the ticket is exactly how much our season tickets have gone up by this season.

I understand there's no perfect solution and I agree with the 100% Palace in the home end, however it feels a bit like we are dissuading fans from going.

CPFC2010
13-02-2014, 12:01 AM
What I meant was that if only season ticket holders could buy the tickets for their friends then surely that would mean Man Utd fans couldn't? (other than people like the OP). I think it would be tragic if we don't sell out, especially as the 40 price of the ticket is exactly how much our season tickets have gone up by this season.

I understand there's no perfect solution and I agree with the 100% Palace in the home end, however it feels a bit like we are dissuading fans from going.

Yes we probably are dissuading neutrals from going but that means that the last few seats are available for real Palace fans so that's fine by me

Scoot
13-02-2014, 07:58 AM
Stop wetting your knickers chaps.
With the amount of noise made at Selhurst this season, any Manuare will soon feel very intimidated and embarrassed :D

TheRev
26-02-2014, 09:26 AM
Just as an update; caught up with my mate at work, who still managed to go to the game and was given 2 tickets by a plummer mate (ST holder in block W) so two ManUre fans went to the game in the AW for free?! Had to laugh, because they were both so scared of the guys at the back that they hardly watched the game and left 15mins early! He said they were not the only ones around, so although I was ignorant to the fact that 'away' fans were not welcome there were definitely ManUre fans all around the ground and even given tickets by ST holders!!