PDA

View Full Version : West Brom

Paulinmorden
10-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Not so much a question but a thank you.
My sister in law spoke to one of you fine chaps last week about arranging a box so that my brother in law, Gerald, could come and see his first ever Palace game. Gerald was recently diagnosed with cancer and had just started his chemo which had not gone well. He has always followed Palace but never actually got to Selhurst. You put Mary in contact with Chris Woods who was able to sort out a box at a rate that we as a family could afford.
On the day we were treated absolutely brilliantly. Had a tour of the Old Stand and even though Gerald didnít feel up to it I at least got to get on the pitch for the pre-match photo with the young nephews.
The result of course rounded every thing off nicely but Gerald thoroughly enjoyed himself. Days like that can only be good for how he is mentally facing his challenges.
So once again many thanks to all who were involved, especially the gentleman who gave us the tour whose name I have sadly forgotten. Just as a mention Gerald does have a connection to the club as he is a cousin of Gary Borrowdale our left backfrom a few seasons ago.

CPFC2010
10-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Not so much a question but a thank you.
My sister in law spoke to one of you fine chaps last week about arranging a box so that my brother in law, Gerald, could come and see his first ever Palace game. Gerald was recently diagnosed with cancer and had just started his chemo which had not gone well. He has always followed Palace but never actually got to Selhurst. You put Mary in contact with Chris Woods who was able to sort out a box at a rate that we as a family could afford.
On the day we were treated absolutely brilliantly. Had a tour of the Old Stand and even though Gerald didnít feel up to it I at least got to get on the pitch for the pre-match photo with the young nephews.
The result of course rounded every thing off nicely but Gerald thoroughly enjoyed himself. Days like that can only be good for how he is mentally facing his challenges.
So once again many thanks to all who were involved, especially the gentleman who gave us the tour whose name I have sadly forgotten. Just as a mention Gerald does have a connection to the club as he is a cousin of Gary Borrowdale our left backfrom a few seasons ago.

That's great to hear and wishing Gerald all the best. Steve