PDA

View Full Version : Safe Standing

M Padovano
12-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Steve,

Has there been any preliminary discussions as to how you might approach this if it ever got rubber-stamped, eg. areas of the ground you may convert, how capacity might be increased because of it etc?

I hope this happens, the arguments from Liverpool are entirely based on emotions and not evidence.

Many thanks.

CPFC2010
12-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Steve,

Has there been any preliminary discussions as to how you might approach this if it ever got rubber-stamped, eg. areas of the ground you may convert, how capacity might be increased because of it etc?

I hope this happens, the arguments from Liverpool are entirely based on emotions and not evidence.

Many thanks.

We'd look very seriously at converting the Lower Holmesdale to safe standing when it was legal to do so.

andy burton
12-02-2014, 10:23 AM
We'd look very seriously at converting the Lower Holmesdale to safe standing when it was legal to do so.

I know its academic at the moment Steve but all or part? Would you consider maybe half seating and half safe standing as it seems its Blocks B to E that seem to stand.

CPFC2010
12-02-2014, 10:25 AM
I know its academic at the moment Steve but all or part? Would you consider maybe half seating and half safe standing as it seems its Blocks B to E that seem to stand.

It's really too early too say. But we'd consult season ticket holders if we got the go ahead to do it.

M Padovano
12-02-2014, 10:44 AM

Thanks very much for the reply.

In other news i dont suppose you could give a hint as to whether we are back to red and blue stripes next year?? ;)

Didnt think so!

CPFC2010
12-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Thanks very much for the reply.

In other news i dont suppose you could give a hint as to whether we are back to red and blue stripes next year?? ;)

Didnt think so!

We will be back to red and blue stripes next year - a new version by Macron.

andy burton
12-02-2014, 12:37 PM

Good news, but I also think this season's have been among our best.

Jono14
12-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Bristol City have installed it today. Only used for rugby matches right now but if it finally gets approved then they'll be the first to have it.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20140212-safestanding-1354602.aspx

redandblue
12-02-2014, 07:46 PM

Thank goodness for that I have kept quiet about this seasons kit but it is not palace I like the new eagle but changing the crest and the stripes in one hit I think is too much.

scottjd1
12-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Looks like Villa are keen and say others are, would be good if we were involved in any trial..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26158044

anti-addick
14-02-2014, 01:58 PM
I will always stand but I don't fancy this safe standing system one bit. It basically puts you into a cubicle, those standing want to celebrate goals with those all around them and not jump up and down on the spot alone. This is not a new hooligan thing, look at the rise and rise of the moshpit, no longer the preserve of metal bands at gigs, now any band with a beat has a moshpit. In short it's fun, it's not unsafe at all. We have evolved to stand upright, I don't need a cage to help me.

mikethetie2010
15-02-2014, 12:34 PM
but others need it to stop people standing in front of them and making them stand when they don't want to. I recon about 80 % at Wigan sat when given total free choice,
I personally chose to stand up the back but its all about creating choice. The current " we stand when we want" isn't safe and isn't really fair so any movement to safe standing is fantastic news.

anti-addick
21-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Yes and you just find yourself up and down like a jack in the box each time something exciting happens on the pitch.