PDA

View Full Version : Disabled access for season ticket holder

srh
14-02-2014, 05:52 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure if this will be possible, but I thought i would ask as I really want to come to the Manchester game next week after having missed recent games due to a herniated disc.

I was basically wondering if it would be possible to have wheelchair access to the game. I am a season ticket holder in the Arthur Wait, but have been unable to attend recently because I'm in too much pain to travel to and from the ground. I travel from Brighton and obviously have to walk from Norwood Junction to the stadium, which at the moment is impossible (even on large doses of morphine). A friend has kindly offered to wheel me to and from the ground so that I can potentially make the game.

I understand that this may not be possible but just wondered if there was some kind of solution.

Many thanks.

CPFC2010
15-02-2014, 04:31 AM
Hi,

I'm not sure if this will be possible, but I thought i would ask as I really want to come to the Manchester game next week after having missed recent games due to a herniated disc.

I was basically wondering if it would be possible to have wheelchair access to the game. I am a season ticket holder in the Arthur Wait, but have been unable to attend recently because I'm in too much pain to travel to and from the ground. I travel from Brighton and obviously have to walk from Norwood Junction to the stadium, which at the moment is impossible (even on large doses of morphine). A friend has kindly offered to wheel me to and from the ground so that I can potentially make the game.

I understand that this may not be possible but just wondered if there was some kind of solution.

Many thanks.

I'm not sure if there are any spaces available but your best bet is to contact Pam Groves in the box office who is the disabled coordinator. She will be able to advise you.,

srh
15-02-2014, 01:55 PM
thank you

srh
17-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Hi Steve,

I just spoke to Pam - who was incredibly helpful - and offered me and my partner disabled access to the game. Best news I've had for a while.

Thank you so much for contacting her and organising this. Pam also said to ask about disabled parking because my partner is about 5ft and 55 kilos, whereas I weigh about 80 kilos (plus a wheelchair) and would struggle to push me from Norwood to the ground. No worries if this is not possible because you have already gone above and beyond!

Thank you so much!

Sam

CPFC2010
17-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Hi Steve,

I just spoke to Pam - who was incredibly helpful - and offered me and my partner disabled access to the game. Best news I've had for a while.

Thank you so much for contacting her and organising this. Pam also said to ask about disabled parking because my partner is about 5ft and 55 kilos, whereas I weigh about 80 kilos (plus a wheelchair) and would struggle to push me from Norwood to the ground. No worries if this is not possible because you have already gone above and beyond!

Thank you so much!

Sam

Mandy is going to get Pam to speak to the stadium manager to see if there are any reserved car park spaces available. Not easy for this game! But they will try .

redandblue
17-02-2014, 08:06 PM
If you get there early enough you can get a space in the Sainsburys car park there are disabled spaces in there. If you are worried about the time limit look in the Sainsburys website find the pr contact's email,address email him and my experience was that he was incredibly helpful. Enjoy the game

srh
19-02-2014, 03:50 PM
All sorted. Thank you. Fantastic customer service from the club and from Pam. Really appreciate what you have done to enable me to see the game.

CPFC2010
19-02-2014, 05:30 PM
All sorted. Thank you. Fantastic customer service from the club and from Pam. Really appreciate what you have done to enable me to see the game.

Glad to hear that. Enjoy the game. Steve

srh
24-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Hi Steve. Thanks for enabling me to attend the game on Saturday. The box office staff and stewards were very helpful in helping us in to the ground. I do however feel the need to share my experince with you. Luckily I am temporarily disabled, unlike the people I spoke with on Saturday, therefore I will not have to attend a game in a whelchair again (hopefully). I won't have recovered by the time we play Southampton but I won't be attending because it is very diffcult to see the game from the designated disable areas and the effort involved in getting to and from the ground is very challenging. The view from the disabled area in the AW is fantastic (in fact I will be renewing my season ticket to a higher position because you can see the whole game), however, when anything of note happens during a game, for example a corner or an attack, everyone stands up (as would I and as I always have done and as I will continue to do) however the disabled members of the crowd are left wondering what the hell is going on (the screen is also blocked by the stadium roof so replays are also not avaliable). I just thought I would share this experience with you incase it had been raised before becuase you might be able to accomodate disabled supporters better in the future, for example finding a more suiable area where the large screen can be seen or moving wheelchair users to an area where people standing is less of an issue (for example at the front of the stand). It's a tricky problem to resolve and one I am sure that has been considered and thought out, but I just felt the need to share my experiece as it might benefit others in the future. Best wishes, Sam.

CPFC2010
24-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Hi Steve. Thanks for enabling me to attend the game on Saturday. The box office staff and stewards were very helpful in helping us in to the ground. I do however feel the need to share my experince with you. Luckily I am temporarily disabled, unlike the people I spoke with on Saturday, therefore I will not have to attend a game in a whelchair again (hopefully). I won't have recovered by the time we play Southampton but I won't be attending because it is very diffcult to see the game from the designated disable areas and the effort involved in getting to and from the ground is very challenging. The view from the disabled area in the AW is fantastic (in fact I will be renewing my season ticket to a higher position because you can see the whole game), however, when anything of note happens during a game, for example a corner or an attack, everyone stands up (as would I and as I always have done and as I will continue to do) however the disabled members of the crowd are left wondering what the hell is going on (the screen is also blocked by the stadium roof so replays are also not avaliable). I just thought I would share this experience with you incase it had been raised before becuase you might be able to accomodate disabled supporters better in the future, for example finding a more suiable area where the large screen can be seen or moving wheelchair users to an area where people standing is less of an issue (for example at the front of the stand). It's a tricky problem to resolve and one I am sure that has been considered and thought out, but I just felt the need to share my experiece as it might benefit others in the future. Best wishes, Sam.

I was told that we have closed off some seats in front of the disabled area so that the view is not impaired when people stand. I will see what else we can do.