PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's night

Billy Rhino
15-02-2014, 11:31 AM
I went last night with my fiancée and have to say I was very impressed.

The meal was superb, as was the Champagne and Eagle red wine (which for £20 seemed very reasonable) and topped off at the end of the night with everyone singing GAO in the 2010 bar. Great work :p

disco mixx kidd
15-02-2014, 03:13 PM
where can i buy eagle red? need/want a crate

disco mixx kidd
15-02-2014, 03:16 PM
found it cheers

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/toast-our-wine-and-beer-this-xmas-1205521.aspx

To place an order phone Sandra West on 020 8768 6000 or email sandra.west@cpfc.co.uk with your credit card details.

The wine is £90 for a case of 6 bottles and £175 for a case of 12 bottles.

Read more at http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/toast-our-wine-and-beer-this-xmas-1205521.aspx#rQtS2B8MGR5mj0Cl.99

CPFC2010
15-02-2014, 03:18 PM
I went last night with my fiancée and have to say I was very impressed.

The meal was superb, as was the Champagne and Eagle red wine (which for £20 seemed very reasonable) and topped off at the end of the night with everyone singing GAO in the 2010 bar. Great work :p

That's great to hear. The 2010 Club is impressive isn't it?

Speroni's Restaurant receives a lot of praise these days for the quality of the food and I'm glad that you enjoyed my wines.

The Champagne is a 100% Chardonnay "Grand Cru" that we ship from a small family producer. We have it labelled "Ville de la Reine" as a little joke as we are based in Queenstown Road, Battersea.

Everyone loves Eagle Red. It's top quality and very good value. Giles Coren of The Times wrote recently that it was the best house red that he had ever tasted in all his career reviewing restaurants.

CPFC2010
15-02-2014, 03:23 PM
found it cheers

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/toast-our-wine-and-beer-this-xmas-1205521.aspx

To place an order phone Sandra West on 020 8768 6000 or email sandra.west@cpfc.co.uk with your credit card details.

The wine is £90 for a case of 6 bottles and £175 for a case of 12 bottles.

Read more at http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/toast-our-wine-and-beer-this-xmas-1205521.aspx#rQtS2B8MGR5mj0Cl.99

Yes, Eagle Red is available from the club in cases of 6 or 12. The same wine (but not with the Eagle Red label) is in Oddbins at £13.99 so it's only a fraction more expensive with the CPFC label.

Eagle Chardonnay is also available, really good too.

disco mixx kidd
15-02-2014, 03:52 PM
cheers for being so honest steve-whats it called in odd bins?

Billy Rhino
15-02-2014, 05:36 PM
That's great to hear. The 2010 Club is impressive isn't it?

Speroni's Restaurant receives a lot of praise these days for the quality of the food and I'm glad that you enjoyed my wines.

The Champagne is a 100% Chardonnay "Grand Cru" that we ship from a small family producer. We have it labelled "Ville de la Reine" as a little joke as we are based in Queenstown Road, Battersea.

Everyone loves Eagle Red. It's top quality and very good value. Giles Coren of The Times wrote recently that it was the best house red that he had ever tasted in all his career reviewing restaurants.

The 2010 club was perfect for last night, in fact I've just got engaged and my fiancée liked it so much she's thinking of it as wedding venue (obviously I have no say in it!). Wouldn't be my cup of tea on a matchday though, prefer a normal pub.

We had a small bottle of Lanson when we got home, your champagne was far superior. Will definitely be ordering some of that wine as well.:p

CPFC2010
15-02-2014, 05:47 PM
cheers for being so honest steve-whats it called in odd bins?

La Fleur du Perigord de Chateau Thenac 2009.

Posh name for Eagle Red !

CPFC2010
15-02-2014, 05:47 PM
The 2010 club was perfect for last night, in fact I've just got engaged and my fiancée liked it so much she's thinking of it as wedding venue (obviously I have no say in it!). Wouldn't be my cup of tea on a matchday though, prefer a normal pub.

We had a small bottle of Lanson when we got home, your champagne was fair superior. Will definitely be ordering some of that wine as well.:p

Music to my ears.

CPFC2010
15-02-2014, 05:54 PM
You might be interested in another event that's coming up at the club :-,

Tuesday 18th March - "business club" dinner with Tony Pulis. Price £50 per head + VAT - including 3 course dinner and fine wines from Farr Vintners. Wine tutoring by me and a Q&A session with Tony and Gerry Francis....doors open at 5pm....sit down at 7pm... any profits to CPFC academy....bookings to Anna.mccarthy@cpfc.co.uk

StudyCtr@CPFC
15-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Hi Steve, The Study Centre at CPFC are also holding an event soon.

We have an exclusive cocktail evening in 2010 Club & Speronis on Saturday 1st March from 7.30pm onwards.

Please visit the studycentre@cpfc website & click on events for more information, all funds raised on the evening will be donated to The Study Centre at CPFC which is a registered charity.

Many thanks
Vicky :)

disco mixx kidd
15-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Cheers Steve was talking to some friends about this
Looks like a good nite
Been to the Keegan nite with Ollie at Hilton and the bbs tour and meal at spironis
Both were great

PeterH
16-02-2014, 05:06 PM
You might be interested in another event that's coming up at the club :-,

Tuesday 18th March - "business club" dinner with Tony Pulis. Price £50 per head + VAT - including 3 course dinner and fine wines from Farr Vintners. Wine tutoring by me and a Q&A session with Tony and Gerry Francis....doors open at 5pm....sit down at 7pm... any profits to CPFC academy....bookings to Anna.mccarthy@cpfc.co.uk

Steve,

I suggest you post that as a separate thread. Might get lost from general view in this one.

CPFC2010
16-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Steve,

I suggest you post that as a separate thread. Might get lost from general view in this one.

Will do. Thanks.