PDA

View Full Version : England v Ireland, Six Nations

pardew's shorts
16-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Hi Steve

Would it be possible to show this around the bars next Saturday (4pm KO)?

I'd like to see as much of the game is possible, but local pubs won't be an option if the early closure rumours are true.

If a LH ST holder can't access the Glaziers or Red & Blue before the game, could it be broadcast in Crystals (ideally without cutting out for inaudible interviews as was the case in the Glaziers during Scotland-England)?

I suspect many people, white and green, will be keen to watch.

Many thanks.

CPFC2010
16-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Hi Steve

Would it be possible to show this around the bars next Saturday (4pm KO)?

I'd like to see as much of the game is possible, but local pubs won't be an option if the early closure rumours are true.

If a LH ST holder can't access the Glaziers or Red & Blue before the game, could it be broadcast in Crystals (ideally without cutting out for inaudible interviews as was the case in the Glaziers during Scotland-England)?

I suspect many people, white and green, will be keen to watch.

Many thanks.

I am sure that most fans would rather see the football results and the pre match build up to CP v MU. But I suppose we could show the first half instead of Jeff Stelling and friends if there is demand. I'm not sure???

pardew's shorts
16-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Is it possible to show different things on different screens?

Wouldn't be an issue if the police weren't treating the fans like scum again by shutting pubs early.

9Freedman9
16-02-2014, 07:52 PM
No thank you, I'm more worried about other fixtures/results than the rugby.

deanchilds
16-02-2014, 10:04 PM
What about Coronation Street omnibus?

Billy Rhino
16-02-2014, 11:40 PM
I am sure that most fans would rather see the football results and the pre match build up to CP v MU. But I suppose we could show the first half instead of Jeff Stelling and friends if there is demand. I'm not sure???

Must admit I would like to see both, with all the screens in the bars is this possible?

thehalifaxman
16-02-2014, 11:57 PM
There's loads of TVs can't you show both? Seeing as you can't hear anything I'm not bothered about seeing the build up to our game.

CPFC2010
17-02-2014, 04:11 AM
All screens havd to show the same feed.

We will look into showing the first half of the rugby with sky sports news in a box in the screen and then switch to football at 4.45

kolinkins
18-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Would much prefer to see football stuff in the build up to a football match

Latvian Eagle
18-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Any chance of getting the 2014 snail race world championship on?

CPFC2010
18-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Any chance of getting the 2014 snail race world championship on?

Now dont be cheeky...a lot of people like watching rugby (not me)

Norwich_Eagle
18-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Now dont be cheeky...a lot of people like watching snails (me)

Edited for accuracy :p

pardew's shorts
18-02-2014, 11:52 AM
I know it's a strange concept to some slightly insular people, but many people like football and rugby, and indeed many sports (funny to see a dig from someone who seems to have about 28 favourite teams).

I appreciate people will want to watch football-related stuff, but loads will be interested in the rugby, too. It's a huge game. I find it strange you can't show two things at once.

It wouldn't really be an issue if the police weren't treating us like second-hand citizens and shutting the pubs.

Latvian Eagle
18-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Not a dig as such but I guess more that if people come to expect things like this, in future where will it stop? Can we have the rugby / cricket on the big screen whilst the Palace game is on? :o

PalaceBhoy
20-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Not a dig as such but I guess more that if people come to expect things like this, in future where will it stop? Can we have the rugby / cricket on the big screen whilst the Palace game is on? :o

I don't think it's too much to have a couple of TVs showing the rugby and the vast majority showing the football? It is after all the national side playing in a triple crown showdown and I fully understand why some people would want to see the game. It's also frustrating, as for once the kick off time does potentially allow people to see both the rugby and their beloved Palace, where as ordinarily both games would clash.

pardew's shorts
20-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Is this actually going to be on (first half anyway)?

CPFC2010
20-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Is this actually going to be on (first half anyway)?

Yes, first half only

pardew's shorts
20-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Yes, first half only

Safe blud

pardew's shorts
20-02-2014, 03:37 PM
I don't think it's too much to have a couple of TVs showing the rugby and the vast majority showing the football? It is after all the national side playing in a triple crown showdown and I fully understand why some people would want to see the game. It's also frustrating, as for once the kick off time does potentially allow people to see both the rugby and their beloved Palace, where as ordinarily both games would clash.

Good post.

It's odd that the same thing has to be shown throughout the ground.

PalaceBhoy
20-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Can we put splash on the big screen during the second half for Ashley a Young to watch?

disco mixx kidd
20-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Cheers Steve me and my mates be happy to watch rugby in crystals

CPFC2010
21-02-2014, 04:18 AM
Cheers Steve me and my mates be happy to watch rugby in crystals

See you there then (not that I'll be watching the rugby)