PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland tickets

CPFC2010
17-02-2014, 05:04 AM
These are on sale now, no restrictions or loyalty points needed.

Hedgehog
17-02-2014, 05:07 AM
So Steve - Are you up late or early?

deanchilds
17-02-2014, 06:25 AM
Yay!!!

Trains all ready sorted so can pop and get mine today!

Really looking forward to this and the Newcastle game!

CPFC2010
17-02-2014, 06:27 AM
So Steve - Are you up late or early?

I'm in Asia taking advantage of a Palace free week.

h.cpfc
20-02-2014, 01:03 PM
How are sales going for this one?

CPFC2010
20-02-2014, 06:41 PM
How are sales going for this one?

617 so far

cockles
20-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Any chance the Sunderland match might get moved for TV?

JannerEagle
20-02-2014, 08:26 PM
617 so far

bottles or tickets?? :)

keltic eagle
20-02-2014, 09:30 PM
How many tickets are allocated to us?

CPFC2010
21-02-2014, 04:14 AM
How many tickets are allocated to us?

I think it's 1800 but we can have more if needed

CPFC2010
21-02-2014, 04:14 AM
Any chance the Sunderland match might get moved for TV?

Too late for that now

JDM SE25
03-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Ticket update? Thanks

CPFC2010
04-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Ticket update? Thanks

Just under 1000. Much less popular than Newcastle - which is a shame because it's a more crucial game in my humble opinion.

JDM SE25
04-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Yeah, let's hope more tickets are bought saturday

keltic eagle
04-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Will tickets be available to purchase on the day at the ground?

CPFC2010
04-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Will tickets be available to purchase on the day at the ground?

I cant say for sure but probably - but no loyalty points.

orp pisshead1
05-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Just under 1000. Much less popular than Newcastle - which is a shame because it's a more crucial game in my humble opinion.

This post needs repeating , huge huge game. Steve can you not ask TP to appeal to the fans to go to this one ? Sad thing is people are choosing Newcastle more for the weekend imo yet Sunderland a more crucial game is still very accessible to Newcastle for night out afterwards or be based there for weekend.

CPFC2010
05-03-2014, 09:38 PM
This post needs repeating , huge huge game. Steve can you not ask TP to appeal to the fans to go to this one ? Sad thing is people are choosing Newcastle more for the weekend imo yet Sunderland a more crucial game is still very accessible to Newcastle for night out afterwards or be based there for weekend.

You can have a great night out in Newcastle after watching football at Sunderland, they are not far apart.

the drexciyan
05-03-2014, 09:51 PM

Agree, this was the priority of the 2 games for me, partially because I went to SJP in 2010, but also because this is an absolutely crucial game that needs the boys support. Gonna commute from newcastle too, its only a few miles away.

orp pisshead1
06-03-2014, 02:19 AM
You can have a great night out in Newcastle after watching football at Sunderland, they are not far apart.

Sorry Steve that was my poorly put across point:p. c'mon people if you can afford it get up there and support the lads.

judge
06-03-2014, 08:08 AM
30 match ticket I can live with 120 train ticket I cannot. Only option left is overnight coach into and out of Newcastle at 30 but that's more than a chore. I'd jump on the palace coach no probs but it's full I'm guessing as not on website.

CPFC2010
06-03-2014, 09:09 AM
30 match ticket I can live with 120 train ticket I cannot. Only option left is overnight coach into and out of Newcastle at 30 but that's more than a chore. I'd jump on the palace coach no probs but it's full I'm guessing as not on website.

Palace coaches still have seats available but are not bookable on the web site. You have to contact the box office.

judge
06-03-2014, 09:10 AM
Ah cracking bit of info - I'll be in touch then!

elgin eagle
06-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Getting ours today if Keltic Eagle can get past the moths in his wallet ;)

Still a few cheap East coast trains left. Managed to get bubbs an 11.50 each way from edinburgh. This game is massive, and 29 quid, whilst not in the same league as 20 quid for newcastle, is still quite reasonable if you find a cheap train. Hope we get a good turnout and another double.

Thin on Top
06-03-2014, 12:31 PM
If this slips through most people's radar, should be noted last time that happened was at Hull City, one of the best away days of the season.

Mad Raschic Ken
07-03-2014, 08:29 AM
If this slips through most people's radar, should be noted last time that happened was at Hull City, one of the best away days of the season.

Yes - smallest away followings have probably been Hull, Villa and Swansea - the only away games where we've picked up points. Everton and Sunderland should be good days out on that basis.

CPFC2010
07-03-2014, 01:01 PM
1028 sold now (compared to 1829 for Newcastle)

JDM SE25
08-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Were many sold at the game today for this match?

CPFC2010
08-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Were many sold at the game today for this match?

39 sold for Sunderland today - 1088 total so far
88 sold for Newcastle today - 1987 total so far

EddieEdwards
10-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Steve,

Will coach travellers for Sunderland and Newcastle be able to use the club car park?

Many thanks.

CPFC2010
10-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Steve,

Will coach travellers for Sunderland and Newcastle be able to use the club car park?

Many thanks.

YES

Barbara4003
10-03-2014, 05:34 PM
39 sold for Sunderland today - 1088 total so far
88 sold for Newcastle today - 1987 total so far

1,092 for Sunderland now :)

CPFC2010
10-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Update :-

1186 Sunderland
2097 Newcastle

eagle mart
10-03-2014, 06:10 PM
I cannot believe there would not be subsidised coach travel for both the Sunderland & Newcastle game given the two trips to the NE in seven days.

If Newcastle were bottom and sunderland 8th the ticket sales would be identical. Missed a trick in my opinion.

Tomo
10-03-2014, 10:12 PM
Why have they missed a trick? The club make no money from away sales and would cost the club a fair bit of money.

eagle mart
11-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Tomo,

SB said it was a shame we haven't sold as many for Newcastle as Sunderland (a) was more crucial.

This month the club are forcing people to renew their season tickets, with a threat of releasing your seats if you don't. Yet expressing disappointment that for two visits in seven days to the NE, that we aren't taking more.

Not sure whether there is a more polite way of highlighting how it is in the real world - by asking if the club could have done more?

CPFC2010
11-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Tomo,

SB said it was a shame we haven't sold as many for Newcastle as Sunderland (a) was more crucial.

This month the club are forcing people to renew their season tickets, with a threat of releasing your seats if you don't. Yet expressing disappointment that for two visits in seven days to the NE, that we aren't taking more.

Not sure whether there is a more polite way of highlighting how it is in the real world - by asking if the club could have done more?

I still stand by my comment that I'm surprised that twice as many people are choosing to go to the Newcastle game than the Sunderland game. The Sunderland game is, in my humble opinion, more important as a point or three for us deprives one of our main rivals of points too. I have never said that I'm disappointed that we aren't taking more supporters on these two trips. In fact the numbers are impressive, it's simply a surprise to me that Newcastle is so much more popular.

Maybe Newcastle offers a more interesting destination, but it's only 10 miles from Newcastle to Sunderland and The Stadium of Light is a 30 minute metro journey from the centre of Newcastle.

Anyway, I'm not telling anyone what to do or which game to see, but from CPFC's point of view I do think that Sunderland is the bigger game.

We did lay on free coaches to Everton as the return journey was impossible by train. But, with return trains to the North East being frequent and fast (from 2 hours 50 mins) and many people making a weekend of it, I'm not sure how popular the incredibly long booze-free coach journey would be. Less than 5% of all fans who are going to the Newcastle game are using the coach. if we subsidised that should we then also subsidise the 95% who are travelling by train, car or plane?

On the subject of season tickets, we have the situation currently that there are many fans who'd like to buy a season ticket for 14/15 now but can't because the most popular areas are sold out. Consequently we are asking (not forcing) people to renew this month rather than wait for the summer - when we may have less interest from new buyers.

We are not asking people to actually pay for their 2014/5 season tickets now because they can use the instalment plan which means that they have 12 equal monthly payments through to 28th February 2015.

scro
11-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Tomo,

What like an affordable monthly payment scheme perhaps?

madpalacefan
11-03-2014, 10:59 AM
I got my 2 tickets for Sunderland will be driving up from West Yorkshire with my lad, HUGE HUGE GAME

CPFC2010
11-03-2014, 11:07 AM
What like an affordable monthly payment scheme perhaps?

Thanks.

The interest free monthly payment scheme that we have introduced is something that I'm very proud of as it makes watching Palace possible and more affordable for many of our supporters.

Likewise the free season tickets for under 10's, our increasing juniors to under 18 and the young adults discount, all brought in by CPFC2010. I hope that Eagle Mart appreciates what we have done on these - a lot more than other clubs.

Subsidising those who travel on the coaches is an admirable gesture but it helps a relatively small number of people. In the case of Newcastle away, 100 out of the 2100 who have bought tickets so far.

CPFC2010
11-03-2014, 11:10 AM
I got my 2 tickets for Sunderland will be driving up from West Yorkshire with my lad, HUGE HUGE GAME

Excellent. See you there.

elgin eagle
11-03-2014, 11:37 AM
I still stand by my comment that I'm surprised that twice as many people are choosing to go to the Newcastle game than the Sunderland game. The Sunderland game is, in my humble opinion, more important as a point or three for us deprives one of our main rivals of points too. I have never said that I'm disappointed that we aren't taking more supporters on these two trips. In fact the numbers are impressive, it's simply a surprise to me that Newcastle is so much more popular.

Maybe Newcastle offers a more interesting destination, but it's only 10 miles from Newcastle to Sunderland and The Stadium of Light is a 30 minute metro journey from the centre of Newcastle.

Anyway, I'm not telling anyone what to do or which game to see, but from CPFC's point of view I do think that Sunderland is the bigger game.

We did lay on free coaches to Everton as the return journey was impossible by train. But, with return trains to the North East being frequent and fast (from 2 hours 50 mins) and many people making a weekend of it, I'm not sure how popular the incredibly long booze-free coach journey would be. Less than 5% of all fans who are going to the Newcastle game are using the coach. if we subsidised that should we then also subsidise the 95% who are travelling by train, car or plane?

On the subject of season tickets, we have the situation currently that there are many fans who'd like to buy a season ticket for 14/15 now but can't because the most popular areas are sold out. Consequently we are asking (not forcing) people to renew this month rather than wait for the summer - when we may have less interest from new buyers.

We are not asking people to actually pay for their 2014/5 season tickets now because they can use the instalment plan which means that they have 12 equal monthly payments through to 28th February 2015.

It is surprising, I can only think its because the ticket for newcastle is 20 quid, whilst sunderland is 29. Certainly think the possibility of getting a point or better at sunderland is greater than getting something from newcastle the following week.

eagle mart
11-03-2014, 11:41 AM

Fair comments on the long booze free journey - I don't like travelling by coach myself. It was bad enough to Villa in the cup a few years back!

I'd rather PM you about the Season Tickets. As too many sycophants pipe up! All constructive - of course.

Oh, and we will sell out Newcastle.... You will owe Jason a pint.

CPFC2010
11-03-2014, 01:00 PM
It is surprising, I can only think its because the ticket for newcastle is 20 quid, whilst sunderland is 29. Certainly think the possibility of getting a point or better at sunderland is greater than getting something from newcastle the following week.

Newcastle tickets are 27 so it can't be just because it's 2 cheaper.

I think it must be because people think Newcastle is a better day/weekend out and perhaps don't realise that Sunderland is so close.

Big Fella
11-03-2014, 01:12 PM
I am flying over from Northern Ireland for the Sunderland game. Not a question I know, just bigging myself up :)

CoDownEagle
11-03-2014, 01:19 PM
We are flying over from Belfast for this one.

In my opinion its a far more significant game than the one in Newcastle.

herts_palace
11-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Newcastle tickets are 27 so I can't be because it's 2 cheaper.

I think it must be because people think Newcastle is a better day/weekend out and perhaps don't realise that Sunderland is so close.
There may be other reasons as well Steve. This season I have seen more away games than I ever have as a Palace supporter but still have to select some to miss.
I managed to get a Newcastle return train ticket for 20 back in January but was reluctant to do the same with Sunderland when the offer was made by East Coast trains as I thought there was a strong possibility that the game would be switched. By the time Sky sorted out their TV schedule the train fares were prohibitively expensive and I don't fancy driving to Sunderland and back in a day. So although I agree with you that this game is more important, reluctantly it will be the one of the few that I will miss.

Forever Stripes
11-03-2014, 01:35 PM

I was willing to go to one of these but alas can't afford both. My decision was based purely because I've been to Sunderland before but not Newcastle, so new ground for me. (Whilst I have been following Palace home and away for about 40 years I still have plenty to strike off my list! About another 40+ to go)

As we have played Sunderland much more in recent years I expect Newcastle is a new ground for many.

I know I'm a light weight supporter. ;)

elgin eagle
11-03-2014, 02:31 PM

Christ know where I got 20 quid from. I would have thought we have a real chance of getting something from sunderland, but much less confident of beating the geordies in their back yard, even minus cabaye.

Anyway, sales are creeping up, should still be enough to be very loud if we try.

Barbara4003
11-03-2014, 04:28 PM
I chose Sunderland over Newcastle.

Partly because I don't like the stairs or the view from Newcastle's ground (and I've been there before) and partly because I can't make it on that day :D

Splitting the journey up with 3 of us driving makes it easier than doing the whole journey on my own in one day :)

CPFC2010
11-03-2014, 05:28 PM
I chose Sunderland over Newcastle.

Partly because I don't like the stairs or the view from Newcastle's ground (and I've been there before) and partly because I can't make it on that day :D

Splitting the journey up with 3 of us driving makes it easier than doing the whole journey on my own in one day :)

See you there Barbara.

Brumie Allan
11-03-2014, 06:50 PM
I chose both, I think I'm mental but then again I am a bit closer then most.

mikethetie2010
11-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Both and a week in the Orkneys.

the drexciyan
11-03-2014, 07:51 PM
We are flying over from Belfast for this one.

In my opinion its a far more significant game than the one in Newcastle.

Agree, Copenhagen Palace represented for this one too:p

FourtyTwo
11-03-2014, 10:12 PM
I chose both, I think I'm mental but then again I am a bit closer then most.

Ditto for me as well. Including thinking you're mental ;)

eddieskyclad
11-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Are tickets available on the day?

Penshaw Eagle
12-03-2014, 07:24 AM
See you there Barbara.

It will be good to see as many fans up here for both matches.
(We don't bite up here come and say hello) :hi: :hi:

We will be at both games but it's only 5 miles to Sunderland and
12 to Newcastle for us . Feel free to like our Facebook page :p
Safe journey for all the travelling RedNBlueArmy :) :)

CPFC2010
12-03-2014, 12:21 PM
It will be good to see as many fans up here for both matches.
(We don't bite up here come and say hello) :hi: :hi:

We will be at both games but it's only 5 miles to Sunderland and
12 to Newcastle for us . Feel free to like our Facebook page :p
Safe journey for all the travelling RedNBlueArmy :) :)

Hope to see you up there. Steve

little dedders
12-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Is anyone aware of a cheap option for travelling up on Saturday? I'm desperate to go but the return train ticket is over 100..

East-End Eagle
12-03-2014, 01:32 PM
I guess we have played Sunderland more over the last 10-20 years than we have Newcastle. That would sway me anyway.

Yogya
12-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Flying in from Thailand to take my son to university interviews over next couple of days. Seems a bloody long way when I look at the train times but hey Ho off to Sunderland I will go :). You can blame me if we lose Steve because the only two matches away from selhurst that I have seen this season (stoke and man city) ended up in unlucky defeats...

CoDownEagle
12-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Is there any update on ticket sales for Sunderland ?

Thanks

CPFC2010
12-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Is there any update on ticket sales for Sunderland ?

Thanks

1249 at 5pm today. Not bad at all for the other end of the country (but 1000 less than Newcastle).

CPFC2010
12-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Flying in from Thailand to take my son to university interviews over next couple of days. Seems a bloody long way when I look at the train times but hey Ho off to Sunderland I will go :). You can blame me if we lose Steve because the only two matches away from selhurst that I have seen this season (stoke and man city) ended up in unlucky defeats...

Third time lucky!

CPFC2010
12-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Are tickets available on the day?

yes, we have returned a batch of tickets and have been advised that they will be for sale on the day.

JDM SE25
12-03-2014, 06:06 PM
How many coaches going Steve?

CPFC2010
12-03-2014, 07:07 PM
How many coaches going Steve?

3 I think - 130 people

Doris.x
12-03-2014, 07:20 PM
I couldn't go to both games so chose Sunderland and I think it's a more important game.

Still a good number going

deanchilds
12-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Can't wait for this one!!

Sadly just doing a day trip as up in Newcastle for the whole weekend next weekend!

Praying for 3 points!!!!! Saturday was painful to watch!

Need to bounce back!

Chris K
12-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Should have a combined take of about 4,000 then. Not a bad effort considering there's just seven days in between and the cost involved. Looking forward to both of them!

aquickgame2
13-03-2014, 09:59 AM
Driving up for The Mackems and staying overnight

Flying up for the Toon and staying overnight

cpfcfly
13-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Driving up for The Mackems and staying overnight

Flying up for the Toon and staying overnight
See you at Heathrow. :hi:

greenlight
13-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Is anyone aware of a cheap option for travelling up on Saturday? I'm desperate to go but the return train ticket is over 100..
The "White Horse" are running a coach and have a few spaces available.
Fare is only 40 and is leaving at 6pm.
Suggest you contact Danny at the pub if interested

orp pisshead1
14-03-2014, 05:15 AM
The "White Horse" are running a coach and have a few spaces available.
Fare is only 40 and is leaving at 6pm.
Suggest you contact Danny at the pub if interested

6 am departure ? Or they going up Friday :D.

Jay1969
14-03-2014, 10:50 AM
On route to Sunderland from Basingstoke for the weekend to watch the mighty palace.

JDM SE25
14-03-2014, 04:30 PM
What was the final sales Steve?

CPFC2010
15-03-2014, 07:49 AM
What was the final sales Steve?

Just under 1300.

Some of us are up here already, it's a few degrees colder than London with a chilly wind so wrap up warm.

Jay1969
15-03-2014, 09:20 AM
What a great night out in Sunderland. Back to a pub right outside the ground. Away fans are very welcome. Only fans not welcome are Newcastle and millwall ��

SteveCPFCDay
15-03-2014, 11:08 AM
4 of us en route and buying on the gate, so 4 more voices gonna be heard today! See you guys up there! C'mon you palace!!!