PDA

View Full Version : Man U Ticket Sales Update

HorleyStu
18-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Hi Steve,

Hopefully this can be our first game SOLD OUT!

How are ticket sales going so far ?

I assume normal procedures apply for this one ? i.e. get there early...

Regards Stu

CPFC2010
18-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Hi Steve,

Hopefully this can be our first game SOLD OUT!

How are ticket sales going so far ?

I assume normal procedures apply for this one ? i.e. get there early...

Regards Stu

There are a few hundred tickets still available. Admittedly mostly restricted view. We'll let any Palace members or season ticket holders buy them untied now. But they must be for Palace fans only.

Definitely get there early or you will miss the HF display. Pubs close at 4.30, bad traffic and both Selhurst and Thornton Heath stations closed.

croydonexile
18-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Have you seen it Steve or at least have an idea what is going to be ?

CPFC2010
18-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Have you seen it Steve or at least have an idea what is going to be ?

I know what it will be. They were painting it in the Holmesdale concourse today.

And I'm certainly not going to spoil the surprise. Well played the HF on this.

Scrumpy
18-02-2014, 06:05 PM
There are a few hundred tickets still available. Admittedly mostly restricted view. We'll let any Palace members or season ticket holders buy them untied now. But they must be for Palace fans only.

Definitely get there early or you will miss the HF display. Pubs close at 4.30, bad traffic and both Selhurst and Thornton Heath stations closed.

I assume both the Whitehorse and Holmesdale are sold out and the few left are in Arthur and and Main Stand?

I was going to buy a ticket for a friend but may not bother if he can't even get in the same stand as me (yes I know I have left it late!).

Tony Montana
18-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Does it surprise you that we struggle to fill our ground even though it's one of our bigger gAmes of the last 10 years

Crozzy71
18-02-2014, 06:14 PM
How early is early Steve ? I'm still on crutches and with 2 of the 3 stations shut I'll need to plan carefully.

CPFC2010
18-02-2014, 06:47 PM
I assume both the Whitehorse and Holmesdale are sold out and the few left are in Arthur and and Main Stand?

I was going to buy a ticket for a friend but may not bother if he can't even get in the same stand as me (yes I know I have left it late!).

Most remaining tickets are in the AW but there may be odd singles elsewhere

CPFC2010
18-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Does it surprise you that we struggle to fill our ground even though it's one of our bigger gAmes of the last 10 years

We could easily sell out if we put tickets on open sale. But we'd rather have 500 empty seats than 500 Man Utd fans in home areas.

Having said that I am a bit surprised that Palace members havent bought the last seats.

CPFC2010
18-02-2014, 06:51 PM
How early is early Steve ? I'm still on crutches and with 2 of the 3 stations shut I'll need to plan carefully.

The earlier the better. Crystals open from 2.30 if you need to put your feet up.

ammiller
18-02-2014, 07:18 PM
I know what it will be. They were painting it in the Holmesdale concourse today.

And I'm certainly not going to spoil the surprise. Well played the HF on this.

Did they get the badge right on the baseball cap?

johnmorgs
19-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Just got back from Box office and was refused a single ticket for Man utd. I am a season ticket holder .

CPFC2010
19-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Just got back from Box office and was refused a single ticket for Man utd. I am a season ticket holder .

We only decided to do this last night but I am surprised that staff didn't know about it. Were you there early?

Anyway it's all confirmed now so you definitely can buy a Man Utd ticket untied :-

http://mobile.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/man-united-ticket-latest-1368558.aspx?pd=635283973400000000

Billy Rhino
19-02-2014, 07:13 PM
We could easily sell out if we put tickets on open sale. But we'd rather have 500 empty seats than 500 Man Utd fans in home areas.

Having said that I am a bit surprised that Palace members havent bought the last seats.

I'm not.:hi:

CPFC2010
20-02-2014, 06:25 AM
372 sold yesterday, not many left now.

Crozzy71
20-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Steve

On another post apparently a Man Utd fan has boasted on Twitter about having 2 seats in the main stand. He's even posted copies of the tickets - Glaziers C, Row 12, Seat 55 and 56.

Any way the club can check which Palace fan bought these and have an appropriate 'word' or at least refuse entry to the ticket holders ?

Crozzy71
20-02-2014, 09:04 AM
And here's a copy of the ticket Steve.

The owner of the ticket is from Cambridge and has a picture of the Stretford End as a Twitter avatar.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41301&d=1392886108

selhurst_bbsh
20-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Do you think it will be the first sell out Steve?

CPFC2010
20-02-2014, 12:20 PM
And here's a copy of the ticket Steve.

The owner of the ticket is from Cambridge and has a picture of the Stretford End as a Twitter avatar.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41301&d=1392886108

The Palace fan who bought these tickets has been contacted by the club this morning. He claimed they were for family/friends and we made it clear that away fans will not be permitted to use them.

Psychokiller
20-02-2014, 12:51 PM
The Palace fan who bought these tickets has been contacted by the club this morning. He claimed they were for family/friends and we made it clear that away fans will not be permitted to use them.

I would hope that, given that we have a picture of the Manc fan, the stewards will be paying attention to who occupies those seats and any others bought by this Palace "fan".

Crozzy71
20-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Great work thanks Steve.

Does the club have any views on the Cantona masks ? Apparently they are turning up en masse with them.

Maybe refuse entry to the ground as it's surely antagonistic ?

CPFC2010
20-02-2014, 12:58 PM
I would hope that, given that we have a picture of the Manc fan, the stewards will be paying attention to who occupies those seats and any others bought by this Palace "fan".

The person who bought those 2 seats has been told quite clearly that the person who tweeted will not be allowed in.

CPFC2010
20-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Do you think it will be the first sell out Steve?

100 more sold this morning, under 300 left. Sure to be a sellout bar the sterile area - which we cant sell for this match

Nelson Muntz
20-02-2014, 01:01 PM
The person who bought those 2 seats has been told quite clearly that the person who tweeted will not be allowed in.

Well played.

Am Phibian
20-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Good to see there is a demand for restricted view and great that that the ticketing policy has been relaxed a bit to enable those extra fans to come.

Well done Steve

jojobarnet
20-02-2014, 02:06 PM
100 more sold this morning, under 300 left. Sure to be a sellout bar the sterile area - which we cant sell for this match

Have you shortened the sterile area like the west brom game?

CPFC2010
20-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Have you shortened the sterile area like the west brom game?

Unfortunately not. It's full size for this game and Police Offers inside the stadium too

CPFC2010
20-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Great work thanks Steve.

Does the club have any views on the Cantona masks ? Apparently they are turning up en masse with them.

Maybe refuse entry to the ground as it's surely antagonistic ?

I don't think we can refuse entry for that. Just ignore them. They will be totally outsung by the Palace fans anyway.

eagleforlife
20-02-2014, 03:44 PM
I don't think we can refuse entry for that. Just ignore them. They will be totally outsung by the Palace fans anyway.

Is the sensible answer.

CP1
20-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Why not they were banned in 05 ??

MasterYoda
20-02-2014, 04:18 PM
Can't be captured on CCTV if they're wearing masks. Seems enough of a reason to stop them if we wanted to

GreatGonzo
20-02-2014, 04:46 PM

Health and Safety risk :p

jojobarnet
20-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Unfortunately not. It's full size for this game and Police Offers inside the stadium too

I bought two block U tickets for the west brom game tied with Man United. They are the same seats I bought for west brom game which I'm sure are part of the sterile area. So doesn't that mean the sterile area is the same size.

Blind_Eagle
20-02-2014, 05:03 PM
I don't think we can refuse entry for that. Just ignore them.

Has "behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace" been struck from the statute book since 2005 then?

FFS I cannot think of a more inflammatory act an away fan could do at Selhurst. If one appears in block D at least I won't have to decide whether to renew or not, the decision will be made for me. :grrr:

Blind_Eagle
20-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Why not they were banned in 05 ??

This

Blind_Eagle
20-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Can't be captured on CCTV if they're wearing masks. Seems enough of a reason to stop them if we wanted to

And this.

Blind_Eagle
20-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Health and Safety risk :p

Possibly this.

selhurst_bbsh
20-02-2014, 05:14 PM
How big is the sterile area for this match?

CPFC2010
20-02-2014, 06:03 PM
How big is the sterile area for this match?

Half of what it was last season but twice what it was for West Brom.

Penstone Eagle
20-02-2014, 06:23 PM
I'd be interested to see what happened if the HF wore masks.

Troomp
20-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Can we redirect them to the sports centre?...there will be a big enough sterile area then.

chatham_eagle
20-02-2014, 06:34 PM
From CPFC Tickets Terms and Conditions:
"2.5 Save for official Club merchandise and/or other football related clothing worn in good faith, you shall not bring into, use or display within the Ground any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials. No clothing should be worn that could in any way be seen to promote racial or any form of discrimination which could lead to offence to fellow members of the crowd."

davematt
20-02-2014, 07:27 PM

Steve, I think the club should seriously rethink this in the next 24 hours.

little al
20-02-2014, 07:55 PM

Do you think we would be able to throw toy planes about at Old Trafford?

Nope. Thought not.

:veryangry:veryangry:veryangry:veryangry

CroftonEagle
20-02-2014, 08:57 PM
From CPFC Tickets Terms and Conditions:
"2.5 Save for official Club merchandise and/or other football related clothing worn in good faith, you shall not bring into, use or display within the Ground any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials. No clothing should be worn that could in any way be seen to promote racial or any form of discrimination which could lead to offence to fellow members of the crowd."

Need to stick by our own policy and refuse entry then, surely Steve?

Crozzy71
21-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Steve

Given the feedback on here (and other threads in GPD) have the club reviewed their position re the masks, which do appear to contravene the clubs own T&C's.

On the one hand I don't want to get wound up by it, yet on the other I despise their arrogance to think they can pitch up at our ground wearing something like that.

It's been said on other threads before that if we turned up at OT with mini aeroplanes we'd probably be arrested.

I'm not condoning that for 1 second. I'm also not comparing Munich to that French idiot kicking another idiot (just so happened to be in our ground) but that night directly led to the subsequent friction between supporters which DID lead to the death of Paul Nixon.

Perhaps we're just not big enough for such tragic events to register beyond the few days after it happened. If we were professional mourners like Moan U or god forbid the Scousers it may be a different matter and the wider public might realise just what the wearing of these masks means.

I truly believe the atmosphere will become very dark very quickly if they are allowed in the ground with the masks.

R.I.P Paul Nixon.

eagle mart
21-02-2014, 09:10 AM
What use is CCTV? If they are hiding behind masks. Can the police want this given ManU fans current reputation. Is Police liaison happy with that?

You don't have to make a statement and drawn into a debate - keep away from that. Just ensure police/stewards confiscate these items at the turnstiles.

In 2005 - Kevin Corner: "If they wear them inside Selhurst Park they will be immediately rejected on safety grounds." "And no fans wearing Cantona masks will be allowed entry to the stadium."

I'm going to keep away from the BBS today as this whole issue is getting me down.

scro
21-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Let them come with their masks. Let the team know in no uncertain terms what this means to us. It will ramp up the intensity by about 50% and create an amosphere that Moyes and co simply aren't up to at the moment.

Am Phibian
21-02-2014, 09:51 AM
How on earth is Steve going to be able to stop anyone smuggling in a mask and what do you lot who think something should be done about it if they do propose?

We could have a net above them full of rotten sardines ready to release the second the first one is whipped out. Or....intimidate them with noise.

Bubble Wrap
21-02-2014, 10:13 AM
I will be deeply offended and incensed by any United fan wearing a Cantona mask. I would not dream of insulting the memory of their players killed in Munich and they should do likewise given that the group giving them out are aware of the ill-feeling these will cause. Millwall fans waving Turkish Flags when Leeds played was banned. In 2005 The Cantona masks were banned and a clear message should be put out there that Any Manchester United Fan wearing a Cantona mask inside the ground will be ejected from the stadium. Any fan wearing one outside runs the high risk of getting a clump.

100% Palace
21-02-2014, 10:37 AM

Isn't it illegal to cover your face in a football ground? This was one reason given in 05.

CPFC2010
21-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Getting back on topic.....

As of 9am this morning, 32 good seats remain and 289 restricted view.

No B grade requirement to purchase these so I suspect that they will sell out today.

Regarding masks, the stadium manager and the Police are fully aware of this and we will leave it to them to manage the situation as they see fit.

Billy Rhino
21-02-2014, 11:19 AM
We should all wear Darren Ambrose masks.

Billy Rhino
21-02-2014, 12:20 PM

I think you have done the right thing here to try and sell out but I think there are some lessons to learn from this. Doing the Cat A & B tie + members only simply doesn't work for these Cat A games. The fact that so many "Palace members" haven't bought tickets is because a lot of them probably aren't actually Palace fans and just got around the rules by buying membership.

What I think would work is that Season Ticket holders should be allowed to buy Cat A tickets without the tie in regardless. Season Ticket holders are a lot more likely to be genuine Palace fans as they have paid 400-500 compared to someone who spends 25 on a membership (in theory a tout could buy a membership at the beginning of the season then buy the Cat A & B deals, offload the B tickets on here for face value then sell the Cat A ones for whatever he can get).

We now have a situation where a lot of season ticket holders like myself couldn't buy tickets for their mates because the mates weren't prepared to pay 72. Now the rules have changed it's too late and they have already made other plans (kids, travel etc. causes issues) as they're not hanging around waiting to see whether the rules will change.

Allow season ticket holders to buy Cat A games and I think we'll sell them all out.

Yogya
21-02-2014, 12:26 PM

We should all wear Don Rogers masks. He was a hero

Pidster
21-02-2014, 01:21 PM

Surely Iain Dowie masks would be more scary.

CommercialStone
21-02-2014, 02:22 PM
if I was a Man United fan, I would wear a mask in public as well, so let 'um come, out sing them, and be better humans.

Psychokiller
21-02-2014, 02:50 PM
Simon Jordan managed to ban the vermin bringing their shitty masks in last time we were in the PL. I would hope that the stewards at the turnstiles are trained enough to search people and confiscate their masks where necessary, just like last time.

Forever Stripes
21-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Getting back on topic.....

As of 9am this morning, 32 good seats remain and 289 restricted view.

No B grade requirement to purchase these so I suspect that they will sell out today.

Regarding masks, the stadium manager and the Police are fully aware of this and we will leave it to them to manage the situation as they see fit.

I really hope every last seat is sold.

I also find the Cantana masks insulting and hope they are stopped but it is a Police issue now rather that CPFC2010. Lets give Steve a break!

3 Points is the best answer. COYP.

CPFC2010
21-02-2014, 08:28 PM
About 150 tickets left for Palace fans to buy on the day.

CPFC has notified Man Utd supporters club the Red Army that Cantona masks will not be permitted into the ground as ground regulation state that no supporter can have their face covered inside the stadium.

JDM SE25
22-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Sold out yet?

wrightchipvcfc
22-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Think selling a and b together deff helped b games up to 24 25 thousand so it served it's purpose no doubt there will be work mates family who support united with palace st holders today so getting extra money out of them ok with me only trouble selling tickets without b ticket will people wait for Chelsea game and hope it happens again and not have to buy a b ticket

selhurst_bbsh
23-02-2014, 08:11 AM
24,571?! How big was the sterile area?? 1200 - 1400 seats? We will never sell out

CPFC2010
23-02-2014, 11:34 AM
24,571?! How big was the sterile area?? 1200 - 1400 seats? We will never sell out

It was a sell out.

Ground capacity is now 25851.

The sterile area was 1200 last season but has been reduced to 300 for low risk games (eg WBA) and 600 for games like yesterday.

The away fans' blocks hold just under 3000 but Man Utd were given only 2600 (10% rule).

110 severely restricted views were unsold. A few rows in front of the disabled fans are now not sold because wheelchair fans cant see when people in front stand.

Against teams where we can have a smaller sterile area we can just top 25000. Having said that the AW facilities really cant cope if every seat is sold anyway.

Does all this matter? The place was rocking, 90% Palace in the stadium. Great atmosphere.

Billy Rhino
23-02-2014, 03:13 PM
It matters because you are throwing money away each game just to ensure away fans don't get in the home end, and yet you have put the season ticket prices up. In 2005 we got 26,021 v Man Utd (i.e. no "sterile" area) and now we are getting nearly 1,400 less (1,400 x 40 = 56,000). Based on an average of 30 per ticket over the season I reckon this coupled with the members only rule has cost the club at least 800,000 (roughly the cost of the ST increase).

If you want the Palace end to be 100% Palace regardless of the cost then why put ST prices up?

(I actually think the ST prices are still reasonable and will renew but I'm not convinced everyone can afford them, and we may even end up with less ST holders next season than this one because of it)

CPFC2010
23-02-2014, 05:28 PM
It matters because you are throwing money away each game just to ensure away fans don't get in the home end, and yet you have put the season ticket prices up. In 2005 we got 26,021 v Man Utd (i.e. no "sterile" area) and now we are getting nearly 1,400 less (1,400 x 40 = 56,000). Based on an average of 30 per ticket over the season I reckon this coupled with the members only rule has cost the club at least 800,000 (roughly the cost of the ST increase).

If you want the Palace end to be 100% Palace regardless of the cost then why put ST prices up?

(I actually think the ST prices are still reasonable and will renew but I'm not convinced everyone can afford them, and we may even end up with less ST holders next season than this one because of it)

Season ticket prices are only up on January prices of last year - which were frozen from the year before. For about 50% of fans prices are the same or less than they paid last year if they order by 31st March. Our prices are not unreasonable - cheaper than Norwich (for example).

Billy Rhino
23-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Season ticket prices are only up on January prices of last year - which were frozen from the year before. For about 50% of fans prices are the same or less than they paid last year if they order by 31st March. Our prices are not unreasonable - cheaper than Norwich (for example).

I didn't say the prices were unreasonable, in fact I actually said they were reasonable. That wasn't the point I was making.

CPFC2010
23-02-2014, 07:04 PM
I didn't say the prices were unreasonable, in fact I actually said they were reasonable. That wasn't the point I was making.

What's the point then? Not the same one about selling tickets to non members again ;-) I have answered that one so many times now.

Billy Rhino
24-02-2014, 10:42 PM
What's the point then? Not the same one about selling tickets to non members again ;-) I have answered that one so many times now.

The point was about having at least 1,300 empty seats every game (i.e. 50,000 in gate money) unnecessarily then putting season ticket prices up to pay for it. In 2004-05 we didn't need these "sterile" zones so why do we need them now?

Surely you must be frustrated at not getting proper full houses? I'll be honest, part of the reason this frustrates me is the way Brighton fan keep giving it the big'un about their crowds, which is why I also bang on about the stadium developments. All I'm concerned in is the long term interests of Palace, just like you....I'll go and take a chill pill.;)

CPFC2010
24-02-2014, 11:32 PM
The point was about having at least 1,300 empty seats every game (i.e. 50,000 in gate money) unnecessarily then putting season ticket prices up to pay for it. In 2004-05 we didn't need these "sterile" zones so why do we need them now?

Surely you must be frustrated at not getting proper full houses? I'll be honest, part of the reason this frustrates me is the way Brighton fan keep giving it the big'un about their crowds, which is why I also bang on about the stadium developments. All I'm concerned in is the long term interests of Palace, just like you....I'll go and take a chill pill.;)

I have answered this question about the sterile zone so many times. Until Man United we have not had to have any Police units in the stadium this season. That has saved us more money than we could make selling those seats. For non risk games we have it down from last years 1200 seats to 300.

Secondly, the AW stand really cant cope with any more people in it. If every single seat is sold then the crush in the concourses and queues for the toilets will get even worse.

We have not increased season ticket prices much despite being in the Premier League and being among the cheapest in the Championship last year (frozen from the year before)

Brighton have a fabulous stadium (even if it is not in Brighton) and attract good crowds but that came at a massive cost - so they are now in debt to the tune of 120 million+ . I'd rather have slightly lower crowds than that level of debt.

Finally, we can easily get "proper" full houses by relaxing ticket sales to let in more away fans, neutrals, plastics, tourists etc but we'd rather have the stadium 95% full of die-hard Palace than dilute it.

Billy Rhino
25-02-2014, 12:09 AM
Fair enough I'll give it a rest now!

Adams the Eagle
25-02-2014, 03:27 AM
I have answered this question about the sterile zone so many times. Until Man United we have not had to have any Police units in the stadium this season. That has saved us more money than we could make selling those seats. For non risk games we have it down from last years 1200 seats to 300.

Secondly, the AW stand really cant cope with any more people in it. If every single seat is sold then the crush in the concourses and queues for the toilets will get even worse.

We have not increased season ticket prices much despite being in the Premier League and being among the cheapest in the Championship last year (frozen from the year before)

Brighton have a fabulous stadium (even if it is not in Brighton) and attract good crowds but that came at a massive cost - so they are now in debt to the tune of 120 million+ . I'd rather have slightly lower crowds than that level of debt.

Finally, we can easily get "proper" full houses by relaxing ticket sales to let in more away fans, neutrals, plastics, tourists etc but we'd rather have the stadium 95% full of die-hard Palace than dilute it.

This, Absolutely and completely this.