PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd in Home areas.

hatter8142
21-02-2014, 08:29 PM
A very simple question Steve. Will any obvious Man Utd in Home areas of Selhurst tomorrow be ejected if pointed out to Stewards?

CPFC2010
21-02-2014, 08:37 PM
A very simple question Steve. Will any obvious Man Utd in Home areas of Selhurst tomorrow be ejected if pointed out to Stewards?

Unless they sit on their hands yes.

hatter8142
21-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Unless they sit on their hands yes.

Thank you for answering.

alanlee11
22-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Steve please check this tweet with a ticket included in it for a United fan in home end, bought by a Palace fan:

https://twitter.com/Pastore1983/status/437188237007024128

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhE0YpTIQAEhnnq.jpg

CPFC2010
23-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Steve please check this tweet with a ticket included in it for a United fan in home end, bought by a Palace fan:

https://twitter.com/Pastore1983/status/437188237007024128

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhE0YpTIQAEhnnq.jpg

You will be pleased to hear that we acted on this after being tipped off by Palace fans on the BBS (and in person) before the game.

A CPFC member purchased 2 tickets and gave 1 to a Man Utd fan who decided to be really clever and boast on twitter. We blocked the ticket. The ticket owner came to the box office where He was advised that as a Man Utd supporter he wasn't getting in to the Holmesdale. Later in the afternoon the member turned up and he was advised that he wasn't getting into the match either as he gave a ticket to an away supporter, which he did not deny.

Hopefully this is a clear message to everyone that home areas are for home fans only - which is why we have such a strict ticket sales policy. It would be a lot easier to let just anyone buy our tickets but we want the atmosphere to be 100% Palace in home areas - it gives our team an extra lift having that fantastic, passionate support.

If anyone was thinking of getting an extra ticket for the Chelsea game for their Chelsea supporting mate or to sell to a tout this should make it clear that this would be a very bad idea.

Brumie Allan
23-02-2014, 09:43 AM
That is absolutely brilliant Steve, well done to the club for acting so quickly.

I hope when you told the Man U fan he wasn't getting in to the home end that he didn't get in at all.

Nelson Muntz
23-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Brilliant work and a clear message that away fans are not welcome in home areas.
I didn't see one away fan in the Whitehorse, which must mean the members scheme for the most part works well.

I think the person who went out of his way to personally show you the tweet even though he isn't 100% up on modern tech deserves great credit ;)

Brumie Allan
23-02-2014, 10:05 AM
There were a couple in the back of V!! One got removed by stewards before the game (seat 115 about row 45 one in front of Philsick) and one was unceremoniously asked to leave later in the game.

disco mixx kidd
23-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Atmosphere was great
Best singing I've heard in 40 years those first 15 mins or so

eaglejez
23-02-2014, 11:15 AM
been speaking to the Man U guy on twitter and he seems genuine and fair play to him he thought it was ok.

I actually saw his tweet a few secs after he did it and I suggested to him that he should speak to a steward before going in !! - which TBF he did. He seems to think his mate is a ST holder.

He also genuinely seemed to be surprised tweeting this was a good idea. I think its a hangover from historical Man U fan arrogance that people go to see their team play Man U and they can do and sit what they want. Its fair to say this is a big wake up call that visiting Palace is different and that other teams' clubs should take note :p:)

CPFC2010
23-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Brilliant work and a clear message that away fans are not welcome in home areas.
I didn't see one away fan in the Whitehorse, which must mean the members scheme for the most part works well.

I think the person who went out of his way to personally show you the tweet even though he isn't 100% up on modern tech deserves great credit ;)

He's a Palace hero, even though he doesnt know how to use his phone.

RON GADD
23-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Steve, arrived for the game 1.30pm ish and outside the club shop a Tout was calling out asking if any tickets for sale?

There was even mention amoungst Palace Fans of a Season Ticket Holder being offered money for his season ticket for the match and he could then perhaps after the match say he had lost it and get it replaced!

Down where the Man Utd Coach parked, as their players got off I again heard a Tout calling out for tickets.

Having been with Palace to Old Trafford a few times over the years this is common practice as you walk towards their ground.

So can I applaud you for the ticket purchasing system you have introduced for this season even though I know some of my fellow West Country Eagles travelling from a fair distance have found it difficult to budget and fitting in two games at a time.

Marki
23-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Feel a bit sorry for the bloke who bought his mate the ticket as a present and is now without his season ticket as a result. If indeed that is the case.

CPFC2010
23-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Feel a bit sorry for the bloke who bought his mate the ticket as a present and is now without his season ticket as a result. If indeed that is the case.

I think that he was a member rather than a season ticket holder. I'm not sure if "sorry" is the right word. Anyone who buys a Man Utd fan a ticket in the middle of the Holmesdale Lower Tier does not really deserve sympathy.

CPFC2010
23-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Steve, arrived for the game 1.30pm ish and outside the club shop a Tout was calling out asking if any tickets for sale?

There was even mention amoungst Palace Fans of a Season Ticket Holder being offered money for his season ticket for the match and he could then perhaps after the match say he had lost it and get it replaced!

Down where the Man Utd Coach parked, as their players got off I again heard a Tout calling out for tickets.

Having been with Palace to Old Trafford a few times over the years this is common practice as you walk towards their ground.

So can I applaud you for the ticket purchasing system you have introduced for this season even though I know some of my fellow West Country Eagles travelling from a fair distance have found it difficult to budget and fitting in two games at a time.

Hi Ron

Thanks for your message and hello to the West Country Eagles. A nice short trip to Swansea for you next weekend.

I know that the ticket policy is a bit restrictive but glad you appreciate that it's for the best and helps ensure a great atmosphere at Selhurst.

All the best

Steve

Marki
23-02-2014, 04:27 PM
I think that he was a member rather than a season ticket holder. I'm not sure if "sorry" is the right word. Anyone who buys a Man Utd fan a ticket in the middle of the Holmesdale Lower Tier does not really deserve sympathy.

I did say 'if' it was the case. Clearly not.

His 'mate' was crapping on about the season ticket denial on Twitter.

And it was only a twinge of sympathy :D

ChiswickEagle
23-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Steve

Can I please clarify one point. For games I cannot make, if I donate my tickets to a non-Palace related charity for it to sell to raise funds am I breaking rules and in danger of having my season tickets revoked. I have passed some to Susan Biggs but on this occasion it was a charity dear to my heart but non-Palace related. Welcome guidance.

Thanks

old simmo
23-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Hi I phoned box office Friday to ask if they were doing the buy back for this game They advised no as not sold out. Whilst I was unable to attend myself I would have liked to give the club either the opportunity to sell at a profit or give to a deserving fan free of
charge can this be put in place as I think if we are unable to attend it is better to give back to club than have it go to waste.

CPFC2010
23-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Steve

Can I please clarify one point. For games I cannot make, if I donate my tickets to a non-Palace related charity for it to sell to raise funds am I breaking rules and in danger of having my season tickets revoked. I have passed some to Susan Biggs but on this occasion it was a charity dear to my heart but non-Palace related. Welcome guidance.

Thanks

If an away fan is going to brag about getting a ticket on twitter, is going to wear colours, is going to jump up and down if his team scores etc - it's a problem. If a ticket is used by a neutral or someone who can sit quietly then i think it's ok. But we'd obviously prefer Palace fans only so maybe better not to take the risk

CPFC2010
23-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Hi I phoned box office Friday to ask if they were doing the buy back for this game They advised no as not sold out. Whilst I was unable to attend myself I would have liked to give the club either the opportunity to sell at a profit or give to a deserving fan free of
charge can this be put in place as I think if we are unable to attend it is better to give back to club than have it go to waste.

We will do the buy-back when tickets sell out. I agree that you should be able to offer your seat (for no money) even if the game is not sold out. We will look into this.

old simmo
23-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Thanks It would be nice if it was used and lower Holmesdale as well. Although I obviously would prefer to be there myself and usually am.

tasty_snacks
24-02-2014, 01:57 AM
We will do the buy-back when tickets sell out. I agree that you should be able to offer your seat (for no money) even if the game is not sold out. We will look into this.

That would be a welcome addition.

Looking towards the Whitehorse and block A in the Main Stand for a couple of matches, notably Hull at home, there appeared to be a fair few empty seats. At least if these are resold first, more people might be able to enjoy a pillar free view of the match.

I'm sure most people would happily give up their seat for resale without fiscal incentive.

disco mixx kidd
24-02-2014, 11:27 AM
I've got a mate with arsenal season ticket
I think he keeps it to ensure tickets for big games
But as he is skint he rareily goes

Not sure how he sells them but it obviously very easy
Think he gets face value from arsenal but for big games like man utd etc I think he says he's been offered 250!

OM eagle
24-02-2014, 05:27 PM
not a question but ............. its the best thread to say .......

in case anyone has the wrong idea about the person who sold or possibly gave that ticket to a manc fan

I haven't spoken to him about this as I am living away, but he is a friend and a lifelong palace fan who used to live next to the ground; in fact he is palace crazy and a decent bloke. I would imagine he gave this ticket to (an idiot?) a mug as a favour, bad move ok but .......... probably didn't think it through or imagine someone would be stupid enough to tweet it ..................