PDA

View Full Version : Programmes sold out (again)

peterg
24-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Arrived at ground at 5.15 to find all programmes sold out - both outside the ground and at the counter in the Upper Holmesdale. As I have bought the book of programme vouchers, this was doubly annoying. Same thing happened at first match of season. What went wrong, Steve? Surely with a sold-out match it would have been sensible to increase the print-run? Will there be any copies available this week?

CPFC2010
24-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Arrived at ground at 5.15 to find all programmes sold out - both outside the ground and at the counter in the Upper Holmesdale. As I have bought the book of programme vouchers, this was doubly annoying. Same thing happened at first match of season. What went wrong, Steve? Surely with a sold-out match it would have been sensible to increase the print-run? Will there be any copies available this week?

I don't know but will ask Luke, the programme editor, about this.

CPFC2010
24-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Luke replies :- "We decide how many programmes we are going to order for each game and use the same calculations for each match, based on the attendance and what percentage tend to purchase a programme. Usually this leaves us with plenty of copies left over, but as it was Man United, a lot of people seem to have been buying two or three copies this time around.

We will be going round today/tomorrow to round up any spares that have been left in the boardroom, VPs lounge, 2010 Club etc. These will then be available from the programme room on Holmesdale Road at the next home game, or perhaps even beforehand from the box office if this is okay with Mandy? Please check with the box office later this week.

We will also look into the possibility of getting another 500 copies run off, should the demand be there.

Polak
24-02-2014, 01:22 PM
6 a go but if you need one:

http://www.crystalpalaceprogrammes.co.uk/view_prog.php?progID=116330

andyocpfc
24-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Can you order programmes for home delivery?

cockles
24-02-2014, 05:57 PM
People buy extras and post to their mates or family who can't attend.

Your programme manager should factor this in for the "Glory" home games - like some consider Man Utd to be.

CPFC2010
24-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Can you order programmes for home delivery?

No, I don't think that we do that.

Beanie
24-02-2014, 08:05 PM
No, I don't think that we do that.

Could you? Personally I would happily pay a bit more on the programme booklet to get them sent. I realise they'd have to be all sent or all collected but mine do the rounds of some elderly Palace fans who could never use an iPad version.

OfficialCPFC
25-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Just to let you all know we have spoken to our programme printers regarding ordering some additional copies, we will put further information out as and when we have these in stock at the club.

RON GADD
25-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Steve, a long time ago ( over 10 years? ) I remember Palace offering a Home and Away Subscription for match day programmes. I was a subscriber at that time because of where I live and not getting to every Home or Away match.

I believe during one of our many 'financial' problem periods this was stopped and subscribers directed to the same company that sent out the Chelsea Programmes.

For a couple of Seasons or so they offered this Service but then only offered a Home Programme Subscription and I believe this arrangement is in place today.

The main thing here is that Palace along with other clubs offer a discounted Programme Subsription but only to Season Ticket Holders ( I believe) but you have to collect it yourself.

After the experience of the Spurs game where a similar 'shortfull' occured the Club responded and I believe filled the 'gap' with a further print run.

Your Programme Shop in the Holmesdale Road will accept the 'voucher' for a forthcoming match and put your Progamme back for you and perhaps this is one avenue that Season Ticket Holders could explore if the are going to arrive so near to Kick Off for the remaining THREE Home A Games?

Polak
25-02-2014, 02:47 PM
I missed a couple of games last season or the season before through holiday and I went to the old programme shop in the Old Stand before going away and the manager there kindly said that he would put the required programmes aside if I paid for them in advance. I picked them up at the next game that I attended. Doesn't really help with the above but worth bearing in mind if you're not able to attend a game for some reason.

whyteleafeeagle
25-02-2014, 09:14 PM
You can download programmes direct to your I pad. Even though I prefer the paper version it's nice to have the odd copy on the I pad, plus you can download as early as 11am for a 3pm KO

Yogya
26-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Nowadays I buy mine on my iPad (even though it was part of my membership as could not wait for initial problems to be sorted when overseas. I used to buy physical copy from palace directly but this then switched to purchase from programme master. Com. Just checked and the site is still operating and you can still order programmes for home delivery.

ChiswickEagle
26-02-2014, 05:10 PM

I have no need for the one a friend got me as I missed the game, PM me your address and I'll post you it.

Beanie
27-02-2014, 02:02 PM
You can download programmes direct to your I pad. Even though I prefer the paper version it's nice to have the odd copy on the I pad, plus you can download as early as 11am for a 3pm KO
And for the great majority of the population who do not have an iPad......?

Yogya
02-03-2014, 08:04 AM
And for the great majority of the population who do not have an iPad......?

Order from programme master. You can order by match or by season. Delivery is quick

HolmesdaleUpper
03-03-2014, 09:15 PM
I saw loads of people trying to get a programme that couldn't. Do you know how many will be reprinted and where they will be available around the ground? In this day and age with computer technology for printing, surely there's no real extra cost for reprints.

CPFC2010
03-03-2014, 10:09 PM
I saw loads of people trying to get a programme that couldn't. Do you know how many will be reprinted and where they will be available around the ground? In this day and age with computer technology for printing, surely there's no real extra cost for reprints.

I think that 500 were being reprinted. I'll check with Terry.

OfficialCPFC
04-03-2014, 08:41 AM
We have an additional 500 of the Man Utd games and they will be on sale at Saturday's game against Southampton.

They will be on sale from the programme room in Holmesdale Road and from the box office.

HolmesdaleUpper
04-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the info Official Palace. Do you know what times these open as I might pass by earlier and have a beer in the ground.

orp pisshead1
05-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Tbh utd is always the most in demand programme and a struggle for the club to estimate demand and I'm using memory as a programme seller 28 odd years ago 85-87 I think league cup game. I even sold out in the main stand which was extremely rare back then

BaldEagle96
06-03-2014, 08:40 AM
On the basis that Southampton is a sell out have extra programmes been printed for Saturday?

CPFC2010
06-03-2014, 02:29 PM
On the basis that Southampton is a sell out have extra programmes been printed for Saturday?

Yes, programmes are always ordered on a ratio to expected attendance.