PDA

View Full Version : Ramifications of the thrown coin

TAK
24-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Hi Steve,

I understand you probably won't or cannot comment on who threw what and the discipline to handed out.

However, what effect do you think this, sadly very high profile bit of stupidity will have to the club?

Il Padrino
24-02-2014, 03:00 PM
I understand you might be taking action against the fans who took pictures of themselves with broken seats and put them up on Twitter.

Any chance we could be kept in the loop about what happens next?

DaveP
24-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Sad to report aswell that when the penalty was awarded, a mindless idiot in the Whitehorse Lane stand thought it would be a good idea to chuck a bottle of Carling onto the pitch just narrowly missing the Assitant Referee standing alongside the goal line in preparation for the penalty.

Thankfully to say the idiot was pointed out by other fans and ejected from the ground.

CPFC2010
24-02-2014, 06:01 PM
It's just such a shame that a few morons can give the rest of us a bad name. I feel sorry for the HF guys who spent so many hours on that wonderful display to have it over-shadowed by this.

There is a lot of CCTV in the stadium so hopefully the culprits will be caught and banned.

It shouldn't really refect too badly on the club or the 99.9999% of decent fans. If you put 25000 people together in any place there will always be a handful of people who behave badly.

CPFC2010
24-02-2014, 07:50 PM
I understand you might be taking action against the fans who took pictures of themselves with broken seats and put them up on Twitter.

Any chance we could be kept in the loop about what happens next?

Will do.

Fareham_Eagle
25-02-2014, 12:03 AM
Also there has been a lot of bragging on Twitter from Man Utd fans about jumping the turnstiles on Saturday, saying that they were the "easiest turnstiles they've seen" to jump over.

Might be worth checking this out and making sure this kind if thing is stopped in the future.

CPFC2010
25-02-2014, 07:06 AM
Also there has been a lot of bragging on Twitter from Man Utd fans about jumping the turnstiles on Saturday, saying that they were the "easiest turnstiles they've seen" to jump over.

Might be worth checking this out and making sure this kind if thing is stopped in the future.

I'll check up on this.

What's annoying is that Palace fans were starting to be talked about in the media as the best fans in the league and tne brilliant HF display should have taken that praise to an even higher level.

By contrast Man United fans have caused trouble in several stadiums this season and behaved badly at Selhurst. The disrespect of Tom Finney was disgraceful.

Yet...one or two idiots throw stuff at one of England's most famous footballers right in front of the tv cameras and our fans are now seen by the media and the country as being hooligans.

The people who threw those coins owe the rest of us a massive apology. I hope they never get to see another Palace game. The vast majority of Palace supporters would say that it would serve them right.

saxoneagle
25-02-2014, 08:26 AM
They were probably ManUre fans contributing to his wages...

Yoda
25-02-2014, 09:42 AM
I'm pretty sure that most football people will recognise those acts as two idiots. If the club can identify and ban them, then you've done what you can and this will help discourage such behaviour spreading.

The Holmesdale displays will live longer in people's memories.

Norwich_Eagle
25-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Does the Man Utd. fans causing damage to the AW mean they can help pay for the re-development of the stand? ;)

In all seriousness, do we send them a bill for the damage caused?

CPFC2010
25-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Does the Man Utd. fans causing damage to the AW mean they can help pay for the re-development of the stand? ;)

In all seriousness, do we send them a bill for the damage caused?

We could do but when it comes to fan behaviour we are slightly on the back foot now.

deanchilds
25-02-2014, 12:22 PM
I've never known it before at Selhurst and the idiots do it the day we no doubt had more police and cameras then any other game this season!

It gives us all a bad name, and Rooney hadn't done anything near as bad as say Ashley Young who may well deserve absurd but coins, bottles and lighters is taking it too far.

CPFC2010
25-02-2014, 04:16 PM
I've never known it before at Selhurst and the idiots do it the day we no doubt had more police and cameras then any other game this season!

It gives us all a bad name, and Rooney hadn't done anything near as bad as say Ashley Young who may well deserve absurd but coins, bottles and lighters is taking it too far.

Quite right. Rooney has done nothing to even possibly justify this.

palacea
25-02-2014, 04:22 PM
We could do but when it comes to fan behaviour we are slightly on the back foot now.

Can't they give the coin back and then we are all square

PeterK
25-02-2014, 05:35 PM

"coins, bottles and lighters" really? Exaggerated statements like that are exactly how stories get blown up out of proportion. Let's not make this into something bigger than it really was.

This was nothing to the reception he gets at Everton and Liverpool and they get virtually NO publicity

eagle mart
25-02-2014, 06:25 PM
How were the ManU directors?

deanchilds
25-02-2014, 06:34 PM
"coins, bottles and lighters" really? Exaggerated statements like that are exactly how stories get blown up out of proportion. Let's not make this into something bigger than it really was.

This was nothing to the reception he gets at Everton and Liverpool and they get virtually NO publicity

I think you will find that the clip on the TV that Sky Sports News shows coins and a pink lighter.

The bottle was pictured in a Sunday paper.

Facts I'm afraid mate.

Barbara4003
25-02-2014, 07:24 PM
I really can't see what anyone's problem is with him.

I like him.

I don't understand what the abuse was all about :confused:

CPFC2010
25-02-2014, 08:14 PM
How were the ManU directors?

They liked my wine, but Bobby Charlton had a pint of lager.

little al
25-02-2014, 08:38 PM
I think you will find that the clip on the TV that Sky Sports News shows coins and a pink lighter.

The bottle was pictured in a Sunday paper.

Facts I'm afraid mate.

So not "coins, bottles and lighters" at all then?

Coins, a bottle and a lighter.

None any good at all though.

salad fan club
25-02-2014, 09:18 PM

I know the coin stuff was bad but they are 2 very different things plus isn't it normal for away teams to be billed when their fans rip out seats ?

SA Eagle
26-02-2014, 11:20 AM
They liked my wine, but Bobby Charlton had a pint of lager.

Did you tell him he was a philistine?

CPFC2010
26-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Did you tell him he was a philistine?

I thought I'd let him off.

GreatGonzo
26-02-2014, 04:52 PM
I really can't see what anyone's problem is with him.

I like him.

I don't understand what the abuse was all about :confused:

Thats forunate Barbara - he would probably like you too. ;)

Anyone able to set up a date? :o

CPFC2010
26-02-2014, 06:04 PM

Now that is very cheeky.

Barbara4003
26-02-2014, 09:17 PM

:(

I used to like you, too, Mark :(

ammiller
27-02-2014, 07:18 AM
Much as I like Rooney, Barbara, you're just too good for him x

Vince Hilaire's Afro
27-02-2014, 09:12 AM
You have to wonder about the mentality of a person who throws things on a football field when they get upset. What do they do when they get home and mum doesn't have the dinner ready?

But it seems strange that it keeps happening with Palace fans - the QPR and Watford incidents spring to mind, but before we get a Dorans applied reputation for being a dangerous band of 'throwers', are these incidents recorded at all clubs? Would be very sad if such behaviour (however moronic) was used as a stick with which to beat Palace fans if it is generally a football and not a Palace problem. If it isn't happening elsewhere, then it would be difficult to argue our case against yet more police piss taking.

Finally - who the **** throws a lighter onto the field? It's like throwing away your bus fare or one if your shoes.

Barbara4003
27-02-2014, 01:28 PM
You have to wonder about the mentality of a person who throws things on a football field when they get upset. What do they do when they get home and mum doesn't have the dinner ready?

But it seems strange that it keeps happening with Palace fans - the QPR and Watford incidents spring to mind, but before we get a Dorans applied reputation for being a dangerous band of 'throwers', are these incidents recorded at all clubs? Would be very sad if such behaviour (however moronic) was used as a stick with which to beat Palace fans if it is generally a football and not a Palace problem. If it isn't happening elsewhere, then it would be difficult to argue our case against yet more police piss taking.

Finally - who the **** throws a lighter onto the field? It's like throwing away your bus fare or one if your shoes.

It's not just Palace fans. In fact, it doesn't really happen that much at Palace. Millwall do it nearly every week from what I hear. And Cardiff have been known to do it (mostly at opposition fans, mind).

I think this occasion only hit the newspapers because it was Rooney. Had it involved a less 'glamorous' fixture, I doubt anyone would have even noticed.