PDA

View Full Version : Q & A - Speroni

jamieb73
01-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Hi Steve

I wonder whether we could have a session with the legend that is Speroni, regardless of whether he stays beyond this season. I imagine he would have some stories to tell of his ten year stay here...

CPFC2010
01-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Hi Steve

I wonder whether we could have a session with the legend that is Speroni, regardless of whether he stays beyond this season. I imagine he would have some stories to tell of his ten year stay here...

Good idea, maybe a night with Speroni in Speroni's?

croydonexile
01-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Do you know if he is doing his coaching badges or has plans to ?

Also have you eaten in his new restaurant ?

CPFC2010
01-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Do you know if he is doing his coaching badges or has plans to ?

Also have you eaten in his new restaurant ?

I dont know.

Not yet, but my sister went last week and loved it.

MasterYoda
03-03-2014, 06:53 PM
As there is now a Speroni restaurant do you have any plans to rename the one at Selhurst? Might get confusion with two restaurants having the same name, given that it's not a chain.

CPFC2010
03-03-2014, 09:03 PM
As there is now a Speroni restaurant do you have any plans to rename the one at Selhurst? Might get confusion with two restaurants having the same name, given that it's not a chain.

No confusion really so no name change. Also ours is Speroni's and his is Speroni.

Barbara4003
03-03-2014, 09:21 PM
I'm going to Speroni on Thursday night.

Really looking forward to it as I've heard good reviews :)

JannerEagle
03-03-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm going to Speroni on Thursday night.

Really looking forward to it as I've heard good reviews :)

We went last night and it was quiet but very good! (and with 6 of us it cost me a small fortune!)

davematt
04-03-2014, 09:05 AM
I think an 'Evening with Speroni' would be a very popular event. It would be great to hear some of his stories.

I call for a Speroni dedicated weekend; an evening with Speroni followed by a testimonial match the following day. The man deserves it. Who would have thought after that Everton game that 10 years on, he would STILL be our starting goalkeeper?

Norwich_Eagle
04-03-2014, 10:53 AM
While I think it would be awesome davematt - we will be staying up and as a result have to install under soil heating so no home pre-season friendlies for us this year. I would love to see a Crystal Palace vs. Speroni XI made up of the best players he has played with at Palace. Returns for Clyne, Watson, Routledge, Johnson etc. would be great to see.

eastend eagle
04-03-2014, 12:37 PM
No confusion really so no name change. Also ours is Speroni's and his is Speroni.
Oh well that's clear then. I'm also opening my new wine venture next week - Farr Vintner ;).
Just a cheap gag - I actually think both Speroni's should stay (and the fella himself :sob:).

CPFC2010
04-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Hi Steve

Here's your chance :-

http://mobile.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/meet-guillem-balague-friends-1394492.aspx?pd=635294449850000000

nickpalaceh
04-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Adrian Durham, really? Is he welcome at Selhurst after the past year of chatting crap about us? Otherwise a great event!

CPFC2010
04-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Adrian Durham, really? Is he welcome at Selhurst after the past year of chatting crap about us? Otherwise a great event!

I must admit that I was a bit surprised too, but we have to remember that he is paid to wind people up on the radio. That is his job. Maybe he's a really nice bloke?

alanlee11
04-03-2014, 03:35 PM
working in the same industry as him, he's not considered a 'nice bloke' by too many!

CPFC2010
04-03-2014, 04:18 PM
working in the same industry as him, he's not considered a 'nice bloke' by too many!

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Barbara4003
04-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Is he the one they call Moose, or is that someone else?

GreatGonzo
04-03-2014, 04:26 PM
15 for a ticket to ask.....

Adrian, can you describe for us, after criticising Palace and Zaha for so much of the season, just how you felt when Peterborough were beating Palace on the last day of the season, and possibly going to miss out on the play-off spot as you wanted, only for us to go and beat you, make the play-offs and relegate you?

Bargain!

Norwich_Eagle
04-03-2014, 04:42 PM
15 for an open forum in front of Adrian Durham, forget everyone else I could get my value for money on just that alone *maniacal laugh* *maniacal laugh indeed*

LONDONMAN
04-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Is he the one they call Moose, or is that someone else?

No that's the guy who insisted he knew Wilf was signing for West Ham at the start of last season, even after being told several times he wasn't.

Adrian Durham, who regularly plays the 1990 Cup Final version of Glad All Over sung by the 1990 Palace squad and always refers to Palace as 'Stripey Nigels' amongst other frequent and crass remarks about the players, management and fans of CPFC.

The highlight of listening to this 'expert presenter' last season was his campaign to "Stop awarding Crystal Palace penalties" - claiming that most were dives by Zaha or other Palace players - unfortunately, his team Peterborough were relegated after their last match of the season at Palace when a Palace penalty was involved and we ultimately got promoted via a penalty at Wembley in the Play Off Final.

Welcome to Selhurst Park, Adrian Durham, our dear friend!

Barbara4003
04-03-2014, 05:19 PM
No that's the guy who insisted he knew Wilf was signing for West Ham at the start of last season, even after being told several times he wasn't.

Adrian Durham, who regularly plays the 1990 Cup Final version of Glad All Over sung by the 1990 Palace squad and always refers to Palace as 'Stripey Nigels' amongst other frequent and crass remarks about the players, management and fans of CPFC.

The highlight of listening to this 'expert presenter' last season was his campaign to "Stop awarding Crystal Palace penalties" - claiming that most were dives by Zaha or other Palace players - unfortunately, his team Peterborough were relegated after their last match of the season at Palace when a Palace penalty was involved and we ultimately got promoted via a penalty at Wembley in the Play Off Final.

Welcome to Selhurst Park, Adrian Durham, our dear friend!

Ah yes. I remember now :)

Scrumpy
04-03-2014, 05:35 PM
If I pay my 15 to come to this event, then on the night lob my pint at Adrian Durham's head will my season ticket be revoked? Or will I just be told off for wasting beer?

Pistol Knight
04-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Moose is a west ham fan (and a twat) and is durhams lacky (think moose admire the idiot and wants to be like him)

CPFC2010
04-03-2014, 10:17 PM
If I pay my 15 to come to this event, then on the night lob my pint at Adrian Durham's head will my season ticket be revoked? Or will I just be told off for wasting beer?

That's a tricky one...

croydonexile
04-03-2014, 11:29 PM
Any chance of a sweep stake to see if Durham outlasts mike "porky" Parry's less than impressive appearance a few years back ?

leslie
05-03-2014, 10:16 AM
As you say his job is to get a response, so best to ignore him ( I know I'm going against that here and will say no more) but ....he sat near us on the train up to Liverpool, was understandably 'non confrontational' but was obviously 'taking note' as a few days later he apparently made some snide remarks about us on his dreadful 'programme'. So although I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt I conclude he's a grade 1 'rotter':D