PDA

View Full Version : Jules the gentleman.

croydonexile
05-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Not a question but thought I'd post anyway.

My mate has a daughter with a severe form of autism called Retts syndrome and was recently in the Advertiser getting her story out there along with advertising a charity fishing match he and his brother are organising to raise funds for research into finding a cure for retts.

They also sent emails to local businesses trying to get prizes donated for a charity auction they are also organising.. One of the local businesses just happened to be Speroni's in Purley. Not only did Speroni's reply with an offer to help but Jules himself took time after training today to meet the family at his restaurant (the meal was free) and personally donate a signed shirt and gloves to the auction. He also offered further assistance and support for further fund raising events.

During the whole meeting what shone through was how much of a decent caring bloke jules is and how much he loves palace and the fans. He's an asset to the club both on and off the pitch.

CPFC2010
05-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Not a question but thought I'd post anyway.

My mate has a daughter with a severe form of autism called Retts syndrome and was recently in the Advertiser getting her story out there along with advertising a charity fishing match he and his brother are organising to raise funds for research into finding a cure for retts.

They also sent emails to local businesses trying to get prizes donated for a charity auction they are also organising.. One of the local businesses just happened to be Speroni's in Purley. Not only did Speroni's reply with an offer to help but Jules himself took time after training today to meet the family at his restaurant (the meal was free) and personally donate a signed shirt and gloves to the auction. He also offered further assistance and support for further fund raising events.

During the whole meeting what shone through was how much of a decent caring bloke jules is and how much he loves palace and the fans. He's an asset to the club both on and off the pitch.

Great to hear that

Julian is an absolutely wonderful man. We all love him.

AJ's right boot
06-03-2014, 09:09 AM
How many decades long will his new contract be please? :angel::love:

Norwich_Eagle
06-03-2014, 09:16 AM
I will physically cry when that man leaves our club. I am man enough to admit that and not care at all. He is what footballers should be all about.

ammiller
06-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Have a lovely feeling reading that.
It says it all about the man that none of us are surprised by this story.

God Bless you Jules.

TheRev
06-03-2014, 04:34 PM
Fantastic born again Christian, interesting read here;

http://www.2kplus.org.uk/goalkeeping.html

eagles #1
06-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Great to hear that

Julian is an absolutely wonderful man. We all love him.

Offer him a ******* contract then.

Eaglesmad123
07-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Offer him a ******* contract then.

He is planning a life outside of football

croydonexile
07-03-2014, 12:23 PM
I have just been told Jules will be at a charity fishing event we have organised to hand out prizes and have his pictures taken. I won't go into further detail of what else he and his businesses partners have offered because he's far too humble to want recognition but I will say it's more than we could have ever imagined and we are absolutely stunned by his generosity and support.

Details of where to bid for the signed jules shirt and gloves along with a first team shirt signed by the entire squad will be posted soon in the general discussion thread.

To guage reaction, do you think we should put a reserve on the items and how much do signed shirts usually fetch ?

Once again sorry it's not a question !!

CPFC2010
07-03-2014, 12:49 PM
I have just been told Jules will be at a charity fishing event we have organised to hand out prizes and have his pictures taken. I won't go into further detail of what else he and his businesses partners have offered because he's far too humble to want recognition but I will say it's more than we could have ever imagined and we are absolutely stunned by his generosity and support.

Details of where to bid for the signed jules shirt and gloves along with a first team shirt signed by the entire squad will be posted soon in the general discussion thread.

To guage reaction, do you think we should put a reserve on the items and how much do signed shirts usually fetch ?

Once again sorry it's not a question !!

At least 200 to start off I'd say.

thereichstuff
08-03-2014, 10:30 AM
I will physically cry when that man leaves our club. I am man enough to admit that and not care at all. He is what footballers should be all about.

I know the feeling , i get a bit choked thinking about him leaving . That piece just confirms how much of a legend he really is and that term is often thrown about carelessly . I really hope he gets a new contract as he is one of the few proper palace men left at our club .

N
08-03-2014, 03:27 PM
I would like to fish and do our bit. Date please, I take it will be in Cornwall?

croydonexile
08-03-2014, 10:15 PM
I would like to fish and do our bit. Date please, I take it will be in Cornwall?

No. The fishing match is in Surrey near Godstone. Anyone who can't make it can still help by donating as much or as little as they can afford at www.justgiving.com/georgiasrodrace or by texting RODR99 plus amount to 70070

I will be posting more details of the auction in the general discussion page and have already posted in the fishing thread (in the off topic section) to save Steve and the other mods the hassle of approving posts on here.

This post was really just to let cpfc2010 (although they already know) and make other members aware of how lucky we are to have someone like jules at our club.

Billy Rhino
09-03-2014, 01:34 AM

I don't think it's trawler fishing.

croydonexile
09-03-2014, 07:55 PM
http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/Palace-star-bid-help-brave-Georgia/story-20774712-detail/story.html

croydonexile
29-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Here's your chance to bid for the following items and raise money for a great cause...

1 - Palace shirt signed by the 1st team -*http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/121306864869

2 - Jules signed shirt (worn at old trafford )http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/121306828303

3 - Signed gloves by the legend himself*http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/121306853340

Thanks Mr B for allowing us to offer the charity lots on this thread

croydonexile
07-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Auction ends tonight !!

baldeagle68
08-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Auction ends tonight !!

And I won the First team shirt:D:p:p

croydonexile
08-04-2014, 11:14 PM
And I won the First team shirt:D:p:p

You've also helped a brilliant charity . Thank you !

All together the lots donated by jules and the squad have raised nearly 900 for cure retts.

croydonexile
11-04-2014, 04:39 PM
In another amazing gesture Jules will be bringing Georgia and her dad on the pitch before tomorrow's game. They are his personal guests tomorrow in a bid to raise awareness and money for the cure retts charity