PDA

View Full Version : Car Park Shambles again!

islander
10-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Trying to get into and out of the Directors car park on Saturday was another shambles.

The stewards appeared to have no idea what to do so blocked the exit for both cars and Southampton coach! When they did let the coach out to park by the players entrance they then closed the exit for cars until approx. 5.40pm when an Associate Director demanded that they sorted out the crowd that were blocking the road by the coach and allowed people out of the car park.

There was also a complete lack of crowd supervision by stewards from the Holmesdale gate until the turn into the parking area at 2.00pm which made driving in very dangerous. Surely it cannot be beyond the club to get these situations sorted before somebody get hurt and so that those who pay over 300 for their space and wish to get into it before 2.30pm or leave the car park less than 1 hour after the game may do so?

CPFC2010
10-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Trying to get into and out of the Directors car park on Saturday was another shambles.

The stewards appeared to have no idea what to do so blocked the exit for both cars and Southampton coach! When they did let the coach out to park by the players entrance they then closed the exit for cars until approx. 5.40pm when an Associate Director demanded that they sorted out the crowd that were blocking the road by the coach and allowed people out of the car park.

There was also a complete lack of crowd supervision by stewards from the Holmesdale gate until the turn into the parking area at 2.00pm which made driving in very dangerous. Surely it cannot be beyond the club to get these situations sorted before somebody get hurt and so that those who pay over 300 for their space and wish to get into it before 2.30pm or leave the car park less than 1 hour after the game may do so?

As you can appreciate, this is something that I have no control over, although I have asked for it to be investigated.

Please contact the stadium manager - kevin.corner@cpfc.co.uk - with your observations.

deanchilds
12-03-2014, 07:03 PM
I agree! That bright yellow Ferrari makes my eyes hurt!

Can't he park it somewhere else?

Barbara4003
12-03-2014, 07:42 PM
I accept that being in the car park, I won't get out quickly. It doesn't bother me at all - gives the roads time to clear a bit.

What I don't understand is why the away coach can't move at half time, like it used to. Why does it have to block the car park until the players are ready to come out and get on it?

Smithie
18-03-2014, 02:03 PM

I said on an earlier thread regarding this subject, that there is a simple solution to this problem. The answer is to get Sainsbury's to open the gates that lead from the car park to Clifton Road. This would immediately improve pedestrian safety and enable the car park to clear more easily. Steve B said that this would affect Sainsbury's parking enforcement system and is is fair comment. However, it seems to me that no one at Palace accepts that there is a problem and, therefore, no one is prepared to look for a solution. I cannot see why Kevin Corner (or one of the directors) can't enter into a dialogue with a senior representative of Sainsbury's to work together to find a solution - surely our relationship can't be that bad.

CPFC2010
18-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Kevin Corner is going to try something new with the away team coach at the next game which might improve the situation.

The whole issue of the car park is being looked into.

cjcpfc
18-03-2014, 07:01 PM
What worked well was the Man Utd game there was "event stewards" helping the car park stewards seperate the people and the cars around the entrance to the carpark so something similar will help in the future! It was just 1 or 2 car park stewards at the last game and it was worse than normal!

Personally those pop up bollards/fences you can get can help to seperate the crowd and cars use them on matchdays!

100% Palace
18-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Kevin Corner is going to try something new with the away team coach at the next game which might improve the situation.

The whole issue of the car park is being looked into.

Get them to park it 5 miles away and walk in would br my suggestion.

Barbara4003
18-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Do you know if the cost of parking is going up for next season and if so, by how much?

CPFC2010
18-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Do you know if the cost of parking is going up for next season and if so, by how much?

Sorry, dont know. I'll check.

Pistol Knight
19-03-2014, 06:43 AM

I think its gone up by 30

CPFC2010
19-03-2014, 09:44 AM
I think its gone up by 30

It's 425 but sort of irrelevant as it's full and there is a massive waiting list.

Barbara4003
19-03-2014, 10:03 AM
It's 425 but sort of irrelevant as it's full and there is a massive waiting list.

Yep - that's more than fair :)

Scrumpy
19-03-2014, 11:54 AM
People are welcome to park outside my flat for 10 a match. I only live 5 mins from the ground! Haha

Barney Gumble
20-03-2014, 06:10 AM
People are welcome to park outside my flat for 10 a match. I only live 5 mins from the ground! Haha

what road do you live on? I may be interested

MikeyBaby
20-03-2014, 10:26 AM

There's a website dedicated to letting parking spaces like that, you know...

www.parkatmyhouse.com - there's 150-odd listed around Selhurst

RCUK
20-03-2014, 10:30 AM
folks...

Check out https://www.parkatmyhouse.com

Fair few offering matchday parking for not a lot - great value if there are a few driving down. We looked at doing this for the United game as trains were shot (tho luckily sister stepped up :) )

Similarly, if you live local put your space up to rent and make a few pennies.