PDA

View Full Version : Palace Player editing

Ian
11-03-2014, 07:52 AM
I subscribe to Palace Player primarily for the first team match highlights. I like to have a look at the main incidents again.
For the Southampton match, there was one incident that prompted it's own thread on GPD which ran to 12 pages, so I am not the only one interested. Yet the Player replay does not show it. I'm sure you'll realise I'm referring to the foul on Bolasie which I thought was a straight red card.
This is not the first time this season that Player "highlights" have missed the main non-goal incident of the entire game. Could you please consider getting someone else in to edit properly? At the moment, I do not think I shall be renewing my subscription.

CPFC2010
11-03-2014, 10:29 AM
I subscribe to Palace Player primarily for the first team match highlights. I like to have a look at the main incidents again.
For the Southampton match, there was one incident that prompted it's own thread on GPD which ran to 12 pages, so I am not the only one interested. Yet the Player replay does not show it. I'm sure you'll realise I'm referring to the foul on Bolasie which I thought was a straight red card.
This is not the first time this season that Player "highlights" have missed the main non-goal incident of the entire game. Could you please consider getting someone else in to edit properly? At the moment, I do not think I shall be renewing my subscription.

The highlights are put together for all the Premier League clubs using FLi by "Perform", which means that they are much higher quality (in terms of picture definition rather than content) than we can currently produce ourselves.

We have flagged up some issues with them in the past but generally they are pretty good, but do miss things out from time to time as they're not necessarily produced from a Palace perspective.

We will certainly bring this to their attention as I completely agree that it was one of the crucial moments of the match.

andy burton
11-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Whoever edited it obviously learnt his trade on Match of the Day.

Ian
12-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Actually I quite like the fact that the Player highlights are put together from a neutral rather than Palace-biased perspective.

While it is annoying that the Bolasie incident is missing, the package that has been compiled is a quite devasting indicentment of the referee. I suspect you prefer to handle these things in private,so I shan't expect an answer, but I do hope you have asked Mike Riley for his observations on this performance.

andy burton
12-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Alan Wiley ex Ref and now a PGMOL Referee coach stated on Football Focus last season that we should expect consistency within a game, but should not expect consistency across matches!

PauloMenace
12-03-2014, 10:33 AM
I subscribe to player as well and I am getting increasingly irritated that the content I'm paying for is available on You tube for free via our channel. I was wondering what perks we get as paying subscribers that You Tube don't get?