PDA

View Full Version : West Ham away

CPFC2010
13-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Tickets for the match against West Ham United at Upton Park on Saturday 19th April 2014, kick-off 3.00pm will be on sale later today.

We have taken the full allocation of tickets available but due to the anticipated demand we will be selling these based on number of loyalty points that have been earned by supporters.

Tickets will be sold in the following order and only 1 ticket will be permitted per season ticket holder or member.

The tickets go on sale in the following order:-

• From 2pm 13th March Supporters with 1600 points or more
• From 9am 15th March Supporters with 1200 points or more
• From 9am 17th March Supporters with 1000 points or more

Adults £42.00, U16 and 65+ £24.00

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/west-ham-tickets-1418147.aspx

Kirby
13-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Sorry what? £42?! :eek:

jarrad
13-03-2014, 11:26 AM
This was one I was definitely gonna go to. With those prices I'm gonna have to think twice! Got 1,200 points as well...

trufan
13-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Thanks Steve, but buying tickets in the "second wave" has the potential for being a wee bit fraught for those of us on the way up to Sunderland at 9am on Saturday! Let's pray for a decent mobile connection... ;)

Jono14
13-03-2014, 12:06 PM
So West Ham works out more expensive than Arsenal. Bastards.

CPFC2010
13-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Sorry what? £42?! :eek:

I think that I'm right in saying that £42 is the cheapest adult ticket price at West Ham (ours is £25). We charged their fans £32 at Selhurst.

This season their 13/14 season tickets started at £640 and ours were from £360.

We did think that the high prices at Chelsea would weaken demand but it does seem that London derbies are our most popular away fixtures and I suppose that minimal transport costs (compared to trips up North) bring down the overall cost.

PoshPalace
13-03-2014, 12:42 PM
They can stick that £42 in the same place as their bubbles.

Radders
13-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Ouch! £24 for little Radders:(

Still, be worth it just to take him in the West Ham supporters club with my dad and sister before he game and lets him loose with his repetoire of songs!:D

CPFC2010
13-03-2014, 12:46 PM
They can stick that £42 in the same place as their bubbles.

That's what a load of people said when the Chelsea tickets were released so we didn't bother with loyalty points and then they sold out instantly.

We've ordered the maximum number of tickets - 3000 - which we have to pay for in full as they offered them on a "sale only" basis.

Chris K
13-03-2014, 12:51 PM
So despite having 1360 points from this season and last, doing both Newcastle and Sunderland in the next 7 days plus plenty of other aways this season/last i'm behind the 'I fancy it because it's in London' crew that have bought their next season ticket early?

Sorry Steve, there's always one ;)

cpfcfly
13-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Will have to wait til the last one then, only got 1160 points. :(

CPFC2010
13-03-2014, 01:13 PM
So despite having 1360 points from this season and last, doing both Newcastle and Sunderland in the next 7 days plus plenty of other aways this season/last i'm behind the 'I fancy it because it's in London' crew that have bought their next season ticket early?

Sorry Steve, there's always one ;)

Don't worry, it will not sell out in the first round. But, as you can appreciate, we have to give priority to those who have bought the highest number of games. 1600 points in most cases means 3 years of season tickets (61+ games) and at least 5 away games or it could be 2 years of season tickets and 30 away games

We have 3000 tickets for the game and only about 3000 people have 1600 points (and maybe no more than half of them will want tickets for West Ham away anyway)

Eaglefoz
13-03-2014, 01:23 PM
I was one of those that refused to go to Chelsea because of the price, however, this one is not so bad and is likely to be our last trip to this ground. When do they move to the Olympic Stadium?

Chris K
13-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Don't worry, it will not sell out in the first round. But, as you can appreciate, we have to give priority to those who have bought the highest number of games. 1600 points in most cases means 3 years of season tickets (61+ games) and at least 5 away games or it could be 2 years of season tickets and 30 away games

We have 3000 tickets for the game and only about 3000 people have 1600 points (and maybe no more than half will want tickets for West Ham away anyway)

:) Let's hope the wi-fi is working alright on the train on saturday morning

scro
13-03-2014, 01:35 PM
I was one of those that refused to go to Chelsea because of the price, however, this one is not so bad and is likely to be our last trip to this ground. When do they move to the Olympic Stadium?

Hopefully we will have a chance to play them there again in the premier league next season. They have one more season planned at upton park i believe.

IanH
13-03-2014, 01:42 PM

So can we assume that if we have renewed for next season, we will have had another 500 points added to our existing totals?

CPFC2010
13-03-2014, 01:57 PM
So can we assume that if we have renewed for next season, we will have had another 500 points added to our existing totals?

Yes, you will. If you recently ordered your season ticket on line there's a risk that SEE have not updated your points yet but the box office staff can do this for you if the total is not right.

cpfcfly
13-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Yes, you will. If you recently ordered your season ticket on line there's a risk that SEE have not updated your points yet but the box office staff can do this for you if the total is not right.
On the phone to the box office now, 2 bought, cheers guys :lux:

McpfcS
13-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Steve

Just wanted to pass on my positive experience with the box office today (once I eventually got through). Loyalty points updated and WHU tickets purchased without issue. Was served by a younger sounding female - very professional. Much improved service I think.

CPFC2010
13-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Steve

Just wanted to pass on my positive experience with the box office today (once I eventually got through). Loyalty points updated and WHU tickets purchased without issue. Was served by a younger sounding female - very professional. Much improved service I think.

Thanks for letting me know. Good to hear that. Steve

h.cpfc
13-03-2014, 04:50 PM
This might sound a stupid question, but does u16 include 16 year olds, because if not then some of my friends will be charged the £42, which is ridiculous.

CPFC2010
13-03-2014, 04:54 PM
This might sound a stupid question, but does u16 include 16 year olds, because if not then some of my friends will be charged the £42, which is ridiculous.

No, Under 16 means that you've not had your 16th birthday.

At Palace we charge junior price up to U18 but at West Ham you do have to be under 16 years old.

h.cpfc
13-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Thanks for that. Those prices are an absolute joke, so I'll be missing this one.

IanH
13-03-2014, 05:11 PM

Very impressed - just got 7 tickets online which included 2 guys that have only renewed today :lux:

Kirby
13-03-2014, 06:58 PM
We're waiting until the end of the month to renew our season tickets and with one having 1340 and one having 1180 we're probably going to miss out :(

jarrad
13-03-2014, 07:31 PM
No, Under 16 means that you've not had your 16th birthday.

At Palace we charge junior price up to U18 but at West Ham you do have to be under 16 years old.

And that's one of the biggest thumbs up I have to give to Palace for doing that, it's this £42 price that's meaning that I might miss this one! A 16 year old is an adult when it comes to things like admission prices, but not when it comes to other things. Luckily I can find a loophole to get me out of paying full whack for Cardiff. Also it's nice that I'm not lining Vincent Tan's pockets for more than £2.

Once again though, full credit to you and the other directors for making an adult 18 and not 16!

cpfcfly
13-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Thanks for letting me know. Good to hear that. Steve

I'd like to concur with McpfcS, the same lady helped me. Very quick once I got through, I asked for the furthest forward but she explained that the away season tickets had rows A-G reserved so the furthest forward was H. Nice of her to do that.

However, are these away season ticket holder ones all of them or just ones who have done preferences for the front rows? Bit annoying when Mum can't sit down and see the match, would've liked one at the front as I am paying £42 to pay for her to watch the back of a fella's back.

My only complaint, but nevertheless I'm glad I've got the tickets. :p:lux:

MarkSpod
13-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Got my ticket all be it using a friends ref as I only have 1120 points. A nice local game for me

CPFC2010
13-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Got my ticket all be it using a friends ref as I only have 1120 points. A nice local game for me

So you're letting fellow Palace fans know that you've pushed ahead of them and jumped the queue.

Did you get a good seat? What number?

Barbara4003
13-03-2014, 09:41 PM
I'd like to concur with McpfcS, the same lady helped me. Very quick once I got through, I asked for the furthest forward but she explained that the away season tickets had rows A-G reserved so the furthest forward was H. Nice of her to do that.

However, are these away season ticket holder ones all of them or just ones who have done preferences for the front rows? Bit annoying when Mum can't sit down and see the match, would've liked one at the front as I am paying £42 to pay for her to watch the back of a fella's back.

My only complaint, but nevertheless I'm glad I've got the tickets. :p:lux:

That's not the case. I ask for 'near the front' tickets and get them and I'm not an away season ticket holder.

In fact, my friend went in today and bought mine and her tickets and she specifically asked for near the front and she got Row C.

Maybe you could go to the Box Office and explain about your mum and get them changed? As you say, it's bad enough not being able to see the game but to pay £42 and not see it, really isn't on.

Blind_Eagle
13-03-2014, 10:10 PM
£126 for me and my two boys to watch 90 minutes of football?

I think I'll leave that to our JCL's, they're welcome. :D

Three adults can "enjoy" La Fille du régiment at the Royal Opera house on a Saturday night for that FFS, football is a busted flush for the working class.

Kirby
13-03-2014, 10:37 PM

Great, my mother (season ticket holder for 21 years) has more points than you but will probably miss out by 20.

Thanks so much for letting us know.

Justin
13-03-2014, 10:48 PM

Three adults can "enjoy" La Fille du régiment at the Royal Opera house on a Saturday night for that FFS, football is a busted flush for the working class.

In my younger days when I felt I had to pretend I didn't just like alcohol, food and sport I bored myself to tears going to the odd Opera. It always struck me as v expensive so I checked out the Saturday night performance you referred to. The cheapest pair of stalls tickets on sale are £360.

Yes £40 odd is expensive but so is going to the theatre, any decent sport or restaurant.

Football is too expensive but how many clubs make a profit? I can see a club may be worth more when promoted as some mad foreign billionaire may now buy them but in terms of P/L it rarely seems to make a difference. Fans demand better players and so all the increase in revenue seems to disappear to the players or agents.

JAS78
13-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Gold and Sullivan are up to their necks in westham debt. So squeezing every penny they can from man, woman and child is the only way forward for them.

Hence forcing the move through to the Olympic stadium, awful for their fans, tragic atmosphere and terrible views, but good for them as more people can be fleeced to help service their debts.

rhino_mik
13-03-2014, 11:26 PM
It might seem a bit souless because it's in the shopping centre, but the Tap East in the Westfield in Stratford has a fantastic selection of beers.

Blind_Eagle
14-03-2014, 12:41 AM
In my younger days when I felt I had to pretend I didn't just like alcohol, food and sport I bored myself to tears going to the odd Opera. It always struck me as v expensive so I checked out the Saturday night performance you referred to. The cheapest pair of stalls tickets on sale are £360.

Yes £40 odd is expensive but so is going to the theatre, any decent sport or restaurant.

Football is too expensive but how many clubs make a profit? I can see a club may be worth more when promoted as some mad foreign billionaire may now buy them but in terms of P/L it rarely seems to make a difference. Fans demand better players and so all the increase in revenue seems to disappear to the players or agents.

When I posted that there were tickets for £43 on sale, I checked. Perhaps I should have posted that when the tickets first went on sale there were some available at £8?

Thankfully I've been to Upton Park loads of times over the years and therefore I'm more than happy to let some other palace fan enjoy the experience for £42

And most opera bores the arse off me as well. :)

crenoleagle
14-03-2014, 01:00 AM
£42 is ridiculous. It is also ridiculous that there are no student prices (something that I am very happy that Palace do), not that I expected anything different from West Ham.

cpfcfly
14-03-2014, 09:51 AM
That's not the case. I ask for 'near the front' tickets and get them and I'm not an away season ticket holder.

In fact, my friend went in today and bought mine and her tickets and she specifically asked for near the front and she got Row C.

Maybe you could go to the Box Office and explain about your mum and get them changed? As you say, it's bad enough not being able to see the game but to pay £42 and not see it, really isn't on.
Unfortunately I'm in Brighton and I think the tickets have already been sent out. I did ask for row A if possible barely 20 minutes after they went on sale and only got H. Ah well...

Rustyeagle
14-03-2014, 10:00 AM
How many have we sold so far and how many do you expect to be available tomorrow

CPFC2010
14-03-2014, 11:59 AM
How many have we sold so far and how many do you expect to be available tomorrow

Should be fine tomorrow. Not many were sold yesterday as they only went on sale late afternoon.

Selhurst Celtic
14-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Thankfully I've been to Upton Park loads of times over the years and therefore I'm more than happy to let some other palace fan enjoy the experience for £42

I would rather impale myself on one of David Gold's dildos than give him £42 of my hard earned.

Palace Bear
14-03-2014, 01:47 PM
It is very expensive at £42 but when you take into account that it will only be a few £s on Oyster card to get across London it's still a lot cheaper even than it was to go to Wigan in the cup with their £10 ticket deal both in cash and time commitment terms. Shame it lines West Ham's pockets but this is potentially a huge game for us, the team need the support and as it works out cheaper overall than a cheaper match ticket with long train journey.
Certainly a lot cheaper than £120 to Everton for no match!

Rustyeagle
14-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Ok I could get mine in the first phase but my girlfriend doesn't have enough point until 2nd phase so holding out until tomorrow morning just didn't want to miss out on a ticket

Chobham Eagle
14-03-2014, 04:14 PM
I've bought three but that's outrageously expensive - particularly as there's no student rate.

New LP
14-03-2014, 04:46 PM
It has to be done.

New LP
14-03-2014, 04:51 PM

Are any of the fans who have enough points to qualify for this fixture really going to be JCL's?

MarkSpod
14-03-2014, 07:49 PM
So you're letting fellow Palace fans know that you've pushed ahead of them and jumped the queue.

Did you get a good seat? What number?
Well it wasn't intended like that, sorry if that's upset anyone, I also went to Spurs the same way, but it's a vicious circle, you can only get the points for games you attend, but can't always get the tickets you want, so ask someone else who can have one to get it who doesn't want to go, and they get the points which technically should be yours.

Barbara4003
14-03-2014, 08:43 PM
What's a JCL?

Ljb
14-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Cant get mine in the first phase as the online system won't add on my extra 500 points!

CPFC2010
14-03-2014, 11:56 PM
Cant get mine in the first phase as the online system won't add on my extra 500 points!

Box office staff will do this for you

JannerEagle
15-03-2014, 12:48 AM
What's a JCL?

Johnny come lately?

speagle
15-03-2014, 07:17 AM
What's a JCL?

Johnny Come Lately (I didn't have a clue either)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=Johnny-come-lately

CPFC2010
15-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Well it wasn't intended like that, sorry if that's upset anyone, I also went to Spurs the same way, but it's a vicious circle, you can only get the points for games you attend, but can't always get the tickets you want, so ask someone else who can have one to get it who doesn't want to go, and they get the points which technically should be yours.

It's only been London derbies where ticket supply has been less than demand and I think that it's only fair that those who went to the likes of Hull this season or Barnsley last season have priority over those who only want to go to places like Spurs and Arsenal. There has been ample opportunity over the last 2 years to rack up the points that will be needed for West Ham and Fulham.

deanchilds
15-03-2014, 09:32 AM
How are sales looking?

Hoping to nick one when general sale come up....

MarkSpod
15-03-2014, 12:27 PM
It's only been London derbies where ticket supply has been less than demand and I think that it's only fair that those who went to the likes of Hull this season or Barnsley last season have priority over those who only want to go to places like Spurs and Arsenal. There has been ample opportunity over the last 2 years to rack up the points that will be needed for West Ham and Fulham.
Fair comment. Just to clarify I had a season tickets 4 of the last 5 years but last season couldnt make any home games due to work so didn't buy a ticket, hence the lack of points. I could only attend 1 away (Ipswich which I took my daughter to to see us thrashed), and was lucky enough to get a ticket for myself and my daughter for the play off final. Historically in 1976 I used my paper round money (last year at school) to go to Roker park to see us silence the roker roar, and to Stamford Bridge to see us lose to Southampton in the semi-final. Again in 1990 Villa Park, and both Wembley finals, I've been to Villa this year, but just can't make that many games (I would have liked to have gone today but am sat at my desk "working"). I will try to go to games, but realistcally with time restraints the likelihood is there wont be many non London.

Anyway enough of me, once again sorry if I offended anyone which wasn't my intention.

Red All Over
16-03-2014, 01:19 PM
How many tickets do you estimate to be left for Monday and how quick will they sell out?
Thanks

Ljb
16-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Box office staff will do this for you

Still hasn't gone through, think I will miss out on this now as I have 1180 points (should be 1680). Should it go through at around 9am monday? If so might be able to scrape a ticket

Palaceboy222
16-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Steve, why are you counting points for next season for matches this year?

I have had a season ticket for 12 years, I have barely missed an away game for 9 years. However, I am moving to Aus in August so I can't renew my season ticket. I 'only' have 1360 points as I bought on the door at four away games last season (Peterborough, Bolton, Bristol and Exeter)

I will admit that I've missed five this season (Villa, Chelsea, Man U, Hull and Sunderland) so I would have no complaints about missing out behind those people. Or anyone who did more 'extra' games than the 18 (minus four if you take out the 'on the day' ones) that I did last year. Having worked this out, I've just realised that I should actually have more points than I do. It hasn't been an issue before because I was always well above the required points.

However, I don't see why I should potentially miss out on Fulham away because I can't get a season ticket for next season.

CPFC2010
16-03-2014, 07:16 PM
How are sales looking?

Hoping to nick one when general sale come up....

I'll check with Mandy and let you know.

CPFC2010
16-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Steve, why are you counting points for next season for matches this year?

I have had a season ticket for 12 years, I have barely missed an away game for 9 years. However, I am moving to Aus in August so I can't renew my season ticket. I 'only' have 1360 points as I bought on the door at four away games last season (Peterborough, Bolton, Bristol and Exeter)

I will admit that I've missed five this season (Villa, Chelsea, Man U, Hull and Sunderland) so I would have no complaints about missing out behind those people. Or anyone who did more 'extra' games than the 18 (minus four if you take out the 'on the day' ones) that I did last year. Having worked this out, I've just realised that I should actually have more points than I do. It hasn't been an issue before because I was always well above the required points.

However, I don't see why I should potentially miss out on Fulham away because I can't get a season ticket for next season.

We have always given people their points when they buy the tickets. You got your 500 points for this season when the scheme started even though you hadnt attended all the games at that time.

Buying a season ticket for next season = loyalty.

Sorry that your personal circumstances dont permit this but most people would seem to agree with points being awarded now.

cdm61
17-03-2014, 10:18 AM
No tickets showing on web site and have been holding on the phone for 40mins - now just ringing and ringing - now back to the music...

Dom the Eagle
17-03-2014, 10:58 AM
As I live in East Ham, this works out nice and cheap. Get tanked up in my living room watching the lunchtime game, then 10 minute stroll to the ground.

CPFC2010
17-03-2014, 11:18 AM
No need to panic. Tickets for West Ham are, of course, selling well but there are still 1300 left.

I'll ask Mandy to load more onto the web site.

You can buy with 1000 loyalty points so anyone with a season ticket this year and last qualifies now.

CPFC2010
17-03-2014, 11:27 AM
No tickets showing on web site and have been holding on the phone for 40mins - now just ringing and ringing - now back to the music...

I've checked this with Mandy, the box office manager. She says that there are plenty of West Ham tickets currently on the web site and she can load more as and when needed.

RCUK
17-03-2014, 11:34 AM
I cant actually see where on the website to get tickets - it shows all the home game tickets, but no away games.

Or im being dense - always a strong possibility that one!

CPFC2010
17-03-2014, 11:38 AM
I cant actually see where on the website to get tickets - it shows all the home game tickets, but no away games.

Or im being dense - always a strong possibility that one!

Here you go :- http://www.cpfctickets.com/events.aspx

crenoleagle
17-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Hi Steve,

The online system will only allow season ticket holders to buy West Ham tickets. Could you flag this up so that members with enough points can also buy online?

CPFC2010
17-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Hi Steve,

The online system will only allow season ticket holders to buy West Ham tickets. Could you flag this up so that members with enough points can also buy online?

Yes, I will ask for this now. I don't suppose that there are many people who have 1000 points (= 50 games attended in the last 2 seasons) who aren't season ticket holders, but there might be a few.

deanchilds
17-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Guess today is the day to renew for next year as I'm going down to collect Newcastle and Cardiff tickets and then will have enough points for Wet Spam tickets!

Chillo
17-03-2014, 09:37 PM
I would rather impale myself on one of David Gold's dildos than give him £42 of my hard earned.

You must spread etc. :p

FraserH
18-03-2014, 09:22 PM

:D

HolmesdaleUpper
18-03-2014, 10:43 PM
When would these go on sale to season ticket holders? I have around 650-700 points.

CPFC2010
19-03-2014, 08:30 AM
When would these go on sale to season ticket holders? I have around 650-700 points.

They have now gone on sale to those with 1000 points. I think we'll give it 3 or 4 more days at this points level and then open it up some more if any tickets remain.

1840 sold so far out of 3000 so you might have a good chance with that level of points.

Kirby
19-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Just bought two! :lux:

Could be a huge game. Did we get the same amount in 2011/12 Steve?

CPFC2010
19-03-2014, 02:48 PM

Sorry my records don't go back that far. We certainly didn't have more than 3000, maybe less.

HolmesdaleUpper
20-03-2014, 04:26 AM

We did sell out. I recall the crowd being 34,990/ tickets sold - I thought at the time that with the players on the pitch it would have topped 35k.

HolmesdaleUpper
20-03-2014, 04:32 AM
They have now gone on sale to those with 1000 points. I think we'll give it 3 or 4 more days at this points level and then open it up some more if any tickets remain.

1840 sold so far out of 3000 so you might have a good chance with that level of points.

Thanks for the response. I managed to get within the last 100 tickets for Chelski and Spurs. No chance with the Arse. Hopefully we'll be safe by Fulham and I'll get a ticket there as well.

New LP
20-03-2014, 09:02 AM
We did sell out. I recall the crowd being 34,990/ tickets sold - I thought at the time that with the players on the pitch it would have topped 35k.

Was a good support and atmosphere that day.

Dom the Eagle
20-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Was a good support and atmosphere that day.

Beautiful weather that day, despite being mid March. We should have won really.

EagleMark
20-03-2014, 11:17 PM
When I booked my tickets I selected row 13 as we like to stand and not take up front seats where fans who want to sit can do so. The tickets have turned up today and are for row D. Did I actually book row 13 or do you just book a ticket and then get allocated your seat by the box office ? If in fact I have bought the row I wanted (13) can they be changed now or is it too late once they are dispatched and why were they altered ?

CPFC2010
21-03-2014, 07:35 AM
When I booked my tickets I selected row 13 as we like to stand and not take up front seats where fans who want to sit can do so. The tickets have turned up today and are for row D. Did I actually book row 13 or do you just book a ticket and then get allocated your seat by the box office ? If in fact I have bought the row I wanted (13) can they be changed now or is it too late once they are dispatched and why were they altered ?

I will check with the box office and get back to you

Justin
21-03-2014, 07:46 AM
I will check with the box office and get back to you

I appreciate the club are trying to accommodate people like Barbara who want to sit at the front but the way tickets are now distributed is a real pain for me, and I imagine many others. I really don't enjoy being near the front as the view of the game is appalling. As I usually buy a ticket for my 15 year old son I think we are now regarded as a family and given tickets near the front. For example for West Ham I have row A and Cardiff is the 5th row. I appreciate someone has to sit at the front but now I can almost guarantee the poor mug is me and my son and it really spoils my enjoyment of the game.

(This isn't a moan at the box office at all as I think they do a great job in difficult circumstances )

speagle
21-03-2014, 08:08 AM
When you book an away ticket online the seat shown has never been the one you get. It's potluck. Basically you're buying an unallocated seat and the one on screen is just a token seat to get the transaction through.

Kirby
21-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Beautiful weather that day, despite being mid March. We should have won really.

It was 25th February (my mate's birthday) and you're right, it was a lovely day. We spent post-match in a beer garden up the road.

Kirby
21-03-2014, 09:45 AM

They're automatically allocated (unless you request a seat near the front over the phone).

Your best bet is to swap them on here.

Chris K
21-03-2014, 09:54 AM

For future ref I always e-mail the box office after purchasing away tickets and ask for seats near the back. I think I must be the only person to do this as we always end up in the very back row

Barbara4003
21-03-2014, 10:50 AM

As far as I'm aware, you can't choose a row number when you book away tickets online. You get what you're given.

Also, I'm sure all the rows are alphabetical, not numerical.

crenoleagle
21-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Do you know if we have the upper tier as well as the lower tier? I have tickets for the lower tier but my mate just bought tickets and his confirmation email says 'Trevor Brooking Stand Upper' on it. I thought away fans were only ever given the lower tier?

cdm61
21-03-2014, 01:08 PM
I've had a season ticket in the Holmesdale since it opened and one before that - I just got my West Ham ticket and one for my son - never got to Chelsea/Spurs/Arse - not enough loyalty points - but have been to West Brom, Hull and Swansea - I'm pleased though

CPFC2010
21-03-2014, 02:33 PM
I appreciate the club are trying to accommodate people like Barbara who want to sit at the front but the way tickets are now distributed is a real pain for me, and I imagine many others. I really don't enjoy being near the front as the view of the game is appalling. As I usually buy a ticket for my 15 year old son I think we are now regarded as a family and given tickets near the front. For example for West Ham I have row A and Cardiff is the 5th row. I appreciate someone has to sit at the front but now I can almost guarantee the poor mug is me and my son and it really spoils my enjoyment of the game.

(This isn't a moan at the box office at all as I think they do a great job in difficult circumstances )

We have families complaining that their kids can't see because people stand so we try and put kids near the front. Then we have messages like this saying that someone with a kid doesn't want to be at the front.

It's impossible to win on this.

My advise is to try and swap seats with someone at the back who would rather be at the front or visit the box office and see if they can help.

CPFC2010
21-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Do you know if we have the upper tier as well as the lower tier? I have tickets for the lower tier but my mate just bought tickets and his confirmation email says 'Trevor Brooking Stand Upper' on it. I thought away fans were only ever given the lower tier?

I don't know but someone else will probably. We have taken the maximum 3000 seat allocation.

CPFC2010
21-03-2014, 02:42 PM
I've had a season ticket in the Holmesdale since it opened and one before that - I just got my West Ham ticket and one for my son - never got to Chelsea/Spurs/Arse - not enough loyalty points - but have been to West Brom, Hull and Swansea - I'm pleased though

Good to hear that people who missed out on the other London away games are getting tickets for this one.

We will probably reduce the loyalty points required to 800 soon.

EagleMark
21-03-2014, 04:06 PM
For West ham when you confirmed your purchase it gave you your seat numbers. If you did not want that row you did not confirm and waited for 20 mins and tried again. The seats were sold front to back so as long as you had time you could get them further back. This was then confirmed by an email from the box office with individual seat numbers that I had chosen only to receive seats at the front. At £42 a ticket you really should be able to choose your seat

EagleMark
21-03-2014, 04:25 PM
4 tickets in row D willing to swap for rows further back

EagleMark
21-03-2014, 08:54 PM
As far as I'm aware, you can't choose a row number when you book away tickets online. You get what you're given.

Also, I'm sure all the rows are alphabetical, not numerical.
Thank you for pointing out that the tickets are done alphabetically. Which makes me wonder why I have a confirmation email stating row 13 tickets booked.

EddieEdwards
22-03-2014, 04:58 AM
Thank you for pointing out that the tickets are done alphabetically. Which makes me wonder why I have a confirmation email stating row 13 tickets booked.For away games, the row and seat numbers shown on the website and in the confirmation emails are just dummy references.

Jimbocpfc
23-03-2014, 08:05 AM
Any chance of these going on sale to the 700-799 loyalty pointers?

CPFC2010
23-03-2014, 08:38 AM

It may get down to that number of points. We will look at it again early next week.

Blind_Eagle
23-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Are any of the fans who have enough points to qualify for this fixture really going to be JCL's?

It may get down to that number of points. We will look at it again early next week.

What do you reckon now then LP?

mart63
23-03-2014, 05:03 PM
What do you reckon now then LP?

Last season I did not have a ST due to work commitments, saw about 12 home games,PLUS away trips to Derby, Birmingham, Charlton, Millwall,Brighton and the PO final.
This season I have a Selhurst 6 and have done three other home games and hoping to do one more home game.
I do not have 700 points.

Does that make me a JCL?

Blind_Eagle
23-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Mart, don't be so precious, of course it doesn't. :)

That really wasn't the point I was making, more that I've been to Upton Park on numerous occasions over the years and don't feel inclined to spend the sort of money they are asking this year to repeat the experience. As a result it will free up that seat to someone who has not had had the chance to go before. Nothing more. :)

LP used to sit next to me in block B a few years back so I didn't feel the need to be particularly sensitive in my post, hence my lazy terminology.

JDM SE25
25-03-2014, 06:59 AM
How many we sold?

CPFC2010
25-03-2014, 12:04 PM
How many we sold?

2335 so far.

Justin
25-03-2014, 04:46 PM
We have families complaining that their kids can't see because people stand so we try and put kids near the front. Then we have messages like this saying that someone with a kid doesn't want to be at the front.

It's impossible to win on this.

My advise is to try and swap seats with someone at the back who would rather be at the front or visit the box office and see if they can help.

Just to say my wife very kindly went to the Box Office today who were extremely helpful and agreed to exchange for seats further back.

CPFC2010
25-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Just to say my wife very kindly went to the Box Office today who were extremely helpful and agreed to exchange for seats further back.

Glad to read that. They've had a busy day. 500 season tickets sold today.

eagle1990
26-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Any plans to further reduce the the amount of loyalty points required to get tickets for this?

CPFC2010
28-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Any plans to further reduce the the amount of loyalty points required to get tickets for this?

2500 sold, 500 remain. I've asked Mandy to look at reducing the points required and will advise soon on this.

JLY_CPFC
28-03-2014, 10:57 AM
how many loyalty points at the moment are needed to purchase an away ticket?

orp pisshead1
28-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Glad bout the 500 s/t sold :lux:.

le piddler
28-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Just bought two more :p

CPFC2010
28-03-2014, 02:28 PM
how many loyalty points at the moment are needed to purchase an away ticket?

It depends on the game, but Fulham will be well over 1500 to start with I suspect.

For West Ham you only need 800 points now and if any tickets remain by the middle of next week we may reduce the number of points again.

Barcelona B Fan
28-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Great news, we should sell out easily, hopefully one of the matches we could get something from
I recall being annoyed last time we played there 0--0 I was 5 rows from the back and everyone was standing and two short Oap fans couldn't see hardly any of the pitch all because of this.
So don't think it matters what row you're in

palace ray
30-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Hi Steve

I would just like to let you know about my disappointment in the way my father was treated last Monday by the box office while trying to purchase the west ham tickets. I don't mind if you don't comment on this post, all I want to do is express my disappointment. He phoned up on Monday to get 2 adult tickets but got told that he didn't have enough points to by them, fair enough so then he asked if I had enough points to by them to which I have. But then the operator on the phone refused to sell him the 2 tickets as it was 1 ticket per season ticket holder, and I could get when one but he couldn't until they went on general sale. He felt just a bit miffed that he hadn't got the correct amount of points as when we buy tickets for away games we buy them together, I've racked up the points because I buy tickets for my kids. As I said I don't mind if you don't reply and I'm also not looking for anything, I just wanted to express our dissapointment. I'm sure you've heard a million times the "I've been going for years" so I'll leave it. But what a fantastic result yesterday?

Kind regards
Ray

CPFC2010
30-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Hi Steve

I would just like to let you know about my disappointment in the way my father was treated last Monday by the box office while trying to purchase the west ham tickets. I don't mind if you don't comment on this post, all I want to do is express my disappointment. He phoned up on Monday to get 2 adult tickets but got told that he didn't have enough points to by them, fair enough so then he asked if I had enough points to by them to which I have. But then the operator on the phone refused to sell him the 2 tickets as it was 1 ticket per season ticket holder, and I could get when one but he couldn't until they went on general sale. He felt just a bit miffed that he hadn't got the correct amount of points as when we buy tickets for away games we buy them together, I've racked up the points because I buy tickets for my kids. As I said I don't mind if you don't reply and I'm also not looking for anything, I just wanted to express our dissapointment. I'm sure you've heard a million times the "I've been going for years" so I'll leave it. But what a fantastic result yesterday?

Kind regards
Ray

Hi Ray. Sorry but it is strictly one per person for London derbies. This policy has been in place since we allowed 2 per person for Chelsea and were heavily criticised when it sold out too quickly.

You only need 800 points now and if you think that his points have been wrongly calculated then of course we will fix it for him. Let us know.

It's 500 points for a season ticket (12/13, 13/14, 14/15) and 20 points per game not covered by the ST.

The box office staff have to go by the rules.

Steve

Jimbocpfc
30-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Steve can we lower it to 780 please????? ;-)

CPFC2010
30-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Steve can we lower it to 780 please????? ;-)

Maybe in a few days but right now the box office staff are totally tied up with season tickets.

palace ray
02-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Hi Steve,

Thank you for reading and replying to me.

Kind regards
Ray

disco mixx kidd
02-04-2014, 02:03 PM
i really cannae believe we haven't sold this out yet!

CPFC2010
02-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Just a handful of tickets left now.

Oddjob
02-04-2014, 06:06 PM
I'm dying to get a couple but just can't get thru and they aren't responding to emails sent 3 days ago. Fingers crossed for first thing in the morning.

CPFC2010
02-04-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm dying to get a couple but just can't get thru and they aren't responding to emails sent 3 days ago. Fingers crossed for first thing in the morning.

Cant you buy on line?

New LP
02-04-2014, 07:28 PM

No offence, but having read the Villa tickets thread as well, why leave it until the last minute? There have been weeks to sort this out.

EddieEdwards
02-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Cant you buy on line?The match seems to have been removed from the online system completely.

CPFC2010
02-04-2014, 07:53 PM
The match seems to have been removed from the online system completely.

I think it's now sold out apart from restricted views

Oddjob
02-04-2014, 08:20 PM
No offence, but having read the Villa tickets thread as well, why leave it until the last minute? There have been weeks to sort this out.

None taken, I'd be saying the same thing to me, I've just suffered a bit of a perfect storm with weekends freeing themselves up unexpectedly at the same time at the last minute and it's obv coincided with s/t DD.

I will be on the blower first thing tomorrow!

ShireEagle
12-04-2014, 08:42 PM
I think it's now sold out apart from restricted views
Hi Steve,

Is this now totally sold out, including restricted views ? If not, is there still restrictions or would they be available to anyone. I'm over from Oz and went to game today and would love chance to go again.

Cheers
Andy

CPFC2010
13-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Hi Steve,

Is this now totally sold out, including restricted views ? If not, is there still restrictions or would they be available to anyone. I'm over from Oz and went to game today and would love chance to go again.

Cheers
Andy

Yes, sold out but a possible chance of returns if you call the box office tomorrow.

Keith Powell
15-04-2014, 01:53 PM
I have one ticket available person unable to go due to illness

jarrad
15-04-2014, 03:23 PM
I have one ticket available person unable to go due to illness

Hi do you still have this ticket?