PDA

View Full Version : Club Use of Twitter During Matches

Neckinger Eagle
23-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Hi, I would like to make a suggestion regarding the use of Twitter during matches by the club.

During the Newcastle game I think @Official_CPFC sent 83 Tweets, that is between kick-off and full-time whistle. It may have been 73, I lost count half way though. Whether it is 73 or 83 Tweets, that's an awful lot of Tweets to send in a just under 2 hour period.

When Palace are playing I tend to know what is happening either by being at the game, watching it on television, listening to Palace Player, listening to the radio or following the game on BBS.

While I recognise that some people may have to resort to Twitter to follow the game I cannot think that I would unless my circumstances changed totally. Unfortunately, the multiple Tweets by @Official_CPFC makes Twitter a no-go zone for me on match days because it drowns out all other information. Yet, I don't want to lose access to information sent out by the club during the rest of the week.

So, I would like to suggest that the club sets up a specific Twitter account just for match commentary. Just before kick-off @Official_CPFC can send a remind Tweet to the effect that minute-by-minute Tweets can be found on the commentary account so that people can subscribe to the commentary. Everybody is happy.

Please?

CPFC2010
23-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Hi, I would like to make a suggestion regarding the use of Twitter during matches by the club.

During the Newcastle game I think @Official_CPFC sent 83 Tweets, that is between kick-off and full-time whistle. It may have been 73, I lost count half way though. Whether it is 73 or 83 Tweets, that's an awful lot of Tweets to send in a just under 2 hour period.

When Palace are playing I tend to know what is happening either by being at the game, watching it on television, listening to Palace Player, listening to the radio or following the game on BBS.

While I recognise that some people may have to resort to Twitter to follow the game I cannot think that I would unless my circumstances changed totally. Unfortunately, the multiple Tweets by @Official_CPFC makes Twitter a no-go zone for me on match days because it drowns out all other information. Yet, I don't want to lose access to information sent out by the club during the rest of the week.

So, I would like to suggest that the club sets up a specific Twitter account just for match commentary. Just before kick-off @Official_CPFC can send a remind Tweet to the effect that minute-by-minute Tweets can be found on the commentary account so that people can subscribe to the commentary. Everybody is happy.

Please?

Thanks for your suggestions. I have forwarded your message to the communications dept, let's see what their thoughts are on this.

Neckinger Eagle
24-03-2014, 05:58 PM
Thank you for taking the time to consider this. Just to reinforce the point, 31 Tweets made during the Under 21 game today against Charlton. I'm interested in how the lads get on and even attend U21 games from time to time, but a link to a match report would have been sufficient. #coyp

OneSize
24-03-2014, 08:01 PM
I find the twitter updates invaluable. Peterborough have a separate matchday twitter account

Fareham_Eagle
24-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Surely this is what the official account is for ? No other club that I know of have a separate account for match commentary (happy to be proved wrong)

Bit of an overreaction i think....

pauldrulez
24-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Every club does it, just ignore it!

HARRY MONK
25-03-2014, 08:43 AM

Please?

be nice to live in a world that the number of tweets is a cause for concern !!!!!!!

Tommomiles
25-03-2014, 11:08 AM
I find the twitter updates invaluable. Peterborough have a separate matchday twitter account

I love going on the the twitter feed during a game, i'm often working on Saturdays so can't get to the game and there is no quicker or easier way of finding out whats going on.

Rich21T
25-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Is this really a problem? Surely between the hours of 3pm and 5pm on a matchday this is exactly the place where this information should be displayed?

karl.eldridge
25-03-2014, 03:05 PM
I like the CPFC twitter updates. If I can't get to the game I use twitter and have about 400 people I follow tell me everything.

Really does come in handy.

BinfieldEagle
25-03-2014, 08:05 PM
You could unfollow for the duration of the match if it's really that much of an issue?

Tomo
25-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Quite. I'd not change it.

If you're at the game get off twitter. If you're not then it's nice to be kept in the frame.

Penge Eagle
25-03-2014, 09:38 PM

Please?

You should just filter your feed by setting up 'lists'.

Epping-eagle
26-03-2014, 07:11 AM
Twitter updates are great, I find them invaluable as cannot always get to a tv at 1.30am when the game starts where I live.

No offence to the OP but it seems like a bit of a first world problem (too many tweets), what you find annoying, as you may have to do a little bit more scrolling up your page (god forbid) may be extremely useful for others who want to find out what's happening in games and with the team that have no other means. Just my thoughts anyhow!

BinfieldEagle
26-03-2014, 01:11 PM

Please?

Perhaps you could unfollow during the match?

snibz99
01-04-2014, 01:13 PM
I agree with the OP. I like to follow the club's feed for the latest news, but when I get home from the game I do find it a bit of a pain trawling through the same 80-post update from the club, FYP, Croydon Ad Sport, Rich Cawley etc!

Its by no means a massive issue, but it does seem like a simple fix & would keep everyone happy to just set up a dedicated feed for match updates?

Charles1998
01-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Great idea. Bromley (my local non-league side) have a separate twitter account for match updates and it really is much better than having match updates and other news all on one account.

El Jefe
01-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Hmm, I do agree that it can be annoying at times. Especially considering the official account is often slower with their updates than other accounts such as FYP, HLTCO, Palace Stats etc.

It's my own fault for following loads of palace related trite accounts but I like all of them for the individual aspects, so I chose to put up with 6 or 7 tweets with the same match update from each account!

Personally I'd say I agree with you but I wouldn't request a separate account. That means either someone else has got to be running it, or one person has got to be using two separate devices. That and the fact that if probably end up following the 'official cpfc match updates' account too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk