PDA

View Full Version : Increased Capacity

Am Phibian
30-03-2014, 06:55 AM
Steve - do the club have any concrete plans yet to increase the capacity of the ground say by the season after next if we confirm our Prem status in the next few weeks? Or any reconstruction?

CPFC2010
30-03-2014, 07:46 AM
Steve - do the club have any concrete plans yet to increase the capacity of the ground say by the season after next if we confirm our Prem status in the next few weeks? Or any reconstruction?

There are no concrete plans but Steve Parish and Tom Hosking are working on it.

Lord Flange
30-03-2014, 01:40 PM
There are no concrete plans but Steve Parish and Tom Hosking are working on it.

Steve, this seems to have been a stock answer for more than a year now..The whole thing seems to be a bit clandestine and hush hush to be honest.

Are we likely to see ANY plans within a year (surely you can at least tell us that?!)

Cheers :p

CPFC2010
30-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Steve, this seems to have been a stock answer for more than a year now..The whole thing seems to be a bit clandestine and hush hush to be honest.

Are we likely to see ANY plans within a year (surely you can at least tell us that?!)

Sorry but I really dont know how many times I need to say that I am not involved with stadium development plans. This is SP's department so no point in people asking me the same question.

Staying in the PL will speed things up in terms of finance and the need to do it......

M Padovano
01-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Steve,

I appreciate this must be mega irritating but....

Would it be possible to ask SP for a "no news before" date on all things redevelopment related?

It will just quell the speculation and end the constant clamouring for news.

I do recognise however, thats its all a bit of a sideshow however, when compared to how things are looking for us now.... what a job you chaps have done. Now to get 3 points off a club who's owner has sold the soul of. Please never sell us to someone like that.... or an oil billionaire.....or a poultry baron.....or a Russian.

CPFC2010
01-04-2014, 10:26 AM
No news before the end of the season is pretty sure

RCUK
01-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Steve,

Please never sell us to someone like that.... or an oil billionaire.....or a poultry baron.....or a Russian.

Unless colonel saunders comes calling... KFC inhouse catering :p

islander
01-04-2014, 11:48 AM
On Talk Sport last night SP gave the impression that all decisions were down to him as he ran the club and that as he was the Executive Chairman the only involvement that the his other Owners/Directors had was by you with ticketing policy. He alone decided to appoint Tony Pullis and should be given all of the credit for the appointment.

Surely all board members should be aware of what is going on in their company? bearing in mind that you are also owners. I find it very strange that all of the Directors/ owners are not aware of the majority of future plans for the club both on and off of the field

When did SP become Exec Chairman? Does he in fact consult /discuss with his co Directors or has he now become the only decision maker ?

eagle mart
01-04-2014, 12:20 PM

They need to liaise with Sainsbury's the council, etc. as it will no doubt involve them getting a super-dooper new store.

So things might speed up Whyteleafe eagle moving there...:p

Eaglefoz
01-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Slightly different tact, any chance of filling any of the corners with temporary seating for next season. Just thinking out loud at ways to increase revenue for you? Having said that, pretty certain you have already thought of that idea yourself.

CPFC2010
01-04-2014, 01:53 PM
On Talk Sport last night SP gave the impression that all decisions were down to him as he ran the club and that as he was the Executive Chairman the only involvement that the his other Owners/Directors had was by you with ticketing policy. He alone decided to appoint Tony Pullis and should be given all of the credit for the appointment.

Surely all board members should be aware of what is going on in their company? bearing in mind that you are also owners. I find it very strange that all of the Directors/ owners are not aware of the majority of future plans for the club both on and off of the field

When did SP become Exec Chairman? Does he in fact consult /discuss with his co Directors or has he now become the only decision maker ?

Of course he consults and keeps us informed.

Steve interviewed Tony but we spoke on the phone every day and were all very happy with the appointment.

SP has recently sold his business - Tag Worldwide - so is able to work full time on CPFC. I have a full time job running Farr Vintners so I do much less than Steve, focussing mainly on ticketing and questions from fans.

There are thousands of businesses where the shareholders are not directly involved with all decision making and there is no reason why CPFC should be any different.

cdm61
01-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Isn't standard good corporate governance practice to have a separate Chair and CEO - plus some independent non-executive directors...do you have that?

CPFC2010
01-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Isn't standard good corporate governance practice to have a separate Chair and CEO - plus some independent non-executive directors...do you have that?

Phil Alexander is the CEO, Iain Moody is the Sporting Director. We are all very happy with the structure of the business.

Billingshurst
01-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Phil Alexander is the CEO, Iain Moody is the Sporting Director. We are all very happy with the structure of the business.

As are a vast majority of true Palace fans.