PDA

View Full Version : Groundsman

congress
30-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Steve, do you know what the ballpark figure is they are paying for the groundsman position they are advertising at the moment? I am considering applying but a big drop in salary would not be suitable for me.Pm me if you could put in the public domain.
Congratulate the ground staff this season as the pitch has looked superb.

On a second note, the atmosphere at Palace is rocking at the moment but please please please never employ someone to wave flags behind the goals when we score like at the Emirates or Stamford Bridge.:)

CPFC2010
30-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Steve, do you know what the ballpark figure is they are paying for the groundsman position they are advertising at the moment? I am considering applying but a big drop in salary would not be suitable for me.Pm me if you could put in the public domain.
Congratulate the ground staff this season as the pitch has looked superb.

On a second note, the atmosphere at Palace is rocking at the moment but please please please never employ someone to wave flags behind the goals when we score like at the Emirates or Stamford Bridge.:)

We dont need to employ flag wavers or give out happy clappy things. We have real fans.

Contact the HR manager karen.alford@cpfc.co.uk for the job, sorry I dint have details.

psychopaul
30-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Steve, on the subject of flags why did I have trouble getting one in yesterday? Palace shop bought flag on thin plastic piping? Not exactly an offensive weapon...

CPFC2010
30-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Steve, on the subject of flags why did I have trouble getting one in yesterday? Palace shop bought flag on thin plastic piping? Not exactly an offensive weapon...

I expect it's against ground regulations to bring in plastic pipes or indeed any flags on poles. The HF have to get permission for theirs.

You would have to take this up with the stadium manager : kevin.corner@cpfc.co.uk

psychopaul
30-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Steve,
Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe they could be turned into blow pipes, guess it's all down to 'elf & safety these days. I've just seen this on premierleague.com this: 'Fans often bring flags and banners into the ground with positive messages of support for their team. If you want to bring your own flag just check with the club first to make sure it meets their safety requirements - mainly that it is made from fire resistant material.' So I guess each club has it's own rules and if so maybe our can be looked at, after all it adds to the atmosphere. Of course good manners when it comes to not blocking the view of the game for the people behind so just at the start of each half & goal celebrations seems reasonable.