PDA

View Full Version : Close Season Work

Norwich_Eagle
08-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Other than the under-soil heating being installed is there any other work that needs to go on at Selhurst Park during the close season or did the work done Summer just gone cover everything?

CPFC2010
08-04-2014, 06:44 PM
Other than the under-soil heating being installed is there any other work that needs to go on at Selhurst Park during the close season or did the work done Summer just gone cover everything?

I think we are more or less covered, under soil heating is the big one if we stay up.

croydonexile
08-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Will the big screen move up the priority list too steve ?

Barbara4003
08-04-2014, 07:44 PM
I thought the Stephenson Lounge and associated toilets were going to be refurbished during the close season?

:confused:

scottjd1
08-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Are you still considering the 4g type pitch?

CPFC2010
08-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Will the big screen move up the priority list too steve ?

Yes, that is quite likely as the current one is nearing the end of the road

CPFC2010
08-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Are you still considering the 4g type pitch?

Yes but I think that we're probably just going to go with a normal pitch.

CPFC2010
08-04-2014, 10:02 PM
I thought the Stephenson Lounge and associated toilets were going to be refurbished during the close season?

:confused:

Yes, that will happen.

Barbara4003
08-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Yes, that will happen.

:lux: :lux:

I. Can't. Wait.

:D

ice_man30
08-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Any chance we can buy a little square of the pitch before its dug up ?

CPFC2010
08-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Any chance we can buy a little square of the pitch before its dug up ?

Maybe, I'll find out nearer the time.

OLD BASING EAGLE
08-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Hi Steve, i havn't been to Selhurst for a while but am led to believe that there is a redundant space under the lower tier of the holmesdale. Do you have any plans for this.

Billy Rhino
08-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Any decision on how the Main stand cladding is going to be coloured in yet? A simple red and blue stripe along the top with the crest on either side would be perfect.

CPFC2010
09-04-2014, 01:23 AM
Any decision on how the Main stand cladding is going to be coloured in yet? A simple red and blue stripe along the top with the crest on either side would be perfect.

Staying white as far as I know

CPFC2010
09-04-2014, 01:24 AM
Hi Steve, i havn't been to Selhurst for a while but am led to believe that there is a redundant space under the lower tier of the holmesdale. Do you have any plans for this.

You should visit some time. It's been a great place to be recently.

We are looking at doing something with it but it needs "tanking" which will be expensive.

scro
09-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Would be great to have a big screen viewable from the whitehorse!!

I assume it will be Crystals again next season as the only "all welcome" pre match option?

Eagle Mal
09-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Not a question really steve, but cant you sleep basing on the time of the post.

Norwich_Eagle
09-04-2014, 10:23 AM
With regards to the big screen, are there any plans on installing another one in a different part of the ground or just replacing the one on top of the WHL Stand?

CPFC2010
09-04-2014, 12:28 PM
With regards to the big screen, are there any plans on installing another one in a different part of the ground or just replacing the one on top of the WHL Stand?

Nothing is decided on this. Certainly replacing the current one is a possibility and maybe looking at another one between the Holmesdale and Main Stand and Arthur or Old Stand.

CPFC2010
09-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Not a question really steve, but cant you sleep basing on the time of the post.

I am on holiday in the Caribbean - Five hour time difference.

Far East Eagle
09-04-2014, 12:51 PM
I think we are more or less covered, under soil heating is the big one if we stay up.

Would that be installed this summer or next? I suppose we'd have to play away friendlies?

CPFC2010
09-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Would that be installed this summer or next? I suppose we'd have to play away friendlies?

This summer if we stay up and unlikely that we can have any home friendlies

Gladalloverrob
09-04-2014, 03:45 PM
I am on holiday in the Caribbean - Five hour time difference.

Why are you posting on here if your on holiday???? You all deserve a rest every now and then!

CPFC2010
09-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Why are you posting on here if your on holiday???? You all deserve a rest every now and then!

I never rest ;-)

Justy C
09-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Beer tent / garden in the corner of the Holmesdale where the burger van is, near the entrance between the Arthur Waite?

CPFC2010
09-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Beer tent / garden in the corner of the Holmesdale where the burger van is, near the entrance between the Arthur Waite?

Can you see the pitch from there? Its not allowed to allowed to sell booze in sight of the pitch.

Smoz
09-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Can you see the pitch from there? Its not allowed to allowed to sell booze in sight of the pitch.

What if we all promise to face the other way?

Norwich_Eagle
09-04-2014, 06:00 PM
Put a big screen in that corner Steve and install a beer tent that would be awesome. Can have guest ales from the areas of the away team. If we do that I really hope Norwich stay up and you get on the phone to Everards for the Leicester game ASAP!

h.cpfc
09-04-2014, 06:54 PM
I am on holiday in the Caribbean - Five hour time difference.Where abouts?

CPFC2010
09-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Where abouts?

Antigua.

jhc
09-04-2014, 07:11 PM
If & when the AW is redeveloped, is it physically possible to do all the building work in a close-season period? Otherwise, I'm struggling to see how it will be possible while we are in the Prem.
Enjoy the holiday Steve:hi:

CPFC2010
09-04-2014, 08:44 PM
If & when the AW is redeveloped, is it physically possible to do all the building work in a close-season period? Otherwise, I'm struggling to see how it will be possible while we are in the Prem.
Enjoy the holiday Steve:hi:

You'll have to ask SP that one Jerry. I'm on the rum punch.

ANDI29
09-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Steve we will stay up so tell Steve to get the under soil heating scheduled

Clapham Grand
10-04-2014, 12:47 PM
:lux: :lux:

I. Can't. Wait.

:D

That's a long time to hold that poo in ;)

scro
13-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Please please please a clock at least that can be seen from the Whitehorse. It's excruciating in these tight games not knowing how long gone,

whyteleafeeagle
13-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Steve I've heard a rumour about the club shop + ticket office moving to a new location at the back of the car park this summer, certainly very exciting times ahead me thinks?

crenoleagle
13-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Please please please a clock at least that can be seen from the Whitehorse. It's excruciating in these tight games not knowing how long gone,

And the back of the Arthur now the huge gantry is in the way!

jcreedy
14-04-2014, 09:50 AM

Maybe not a beer-serving bar, but you could do something really nice with that bit of grass.

Is there any chance of the documentary from last season being released in the close-season?

Scrumpy
14-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Put the old scoreboard in between the upper and lower Holmesdale :-)

Justy C
14-04-2014, 11:34 AM

Can see part of the pitch if you go to the corner, but could easily be screened off.

I'm being serious, outdoor heaters and some good beers, maybe even a big outdoor screen? Could be a great meeting point before the game (and at halftime).

Gathers54
14-04-2014, 01:02 PM
Steve I've heard a rumour about the club shop + ticket office moving to a new location at the back of the car park this summer, certainly very exciting times ahead me thinks?

Would be a good idea as the club shop is way too small as it is and with a new line of leisurewear/sportswear coming i think it would be vital. Even more so when Selhurst is packed out every week.

CPFC2010
14-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Would be a good idea as the club shop is way too small as it is and with a new line of leisurewear/sportswear coming i think it would be vital. Even more so when Selhurst is packed out every week.

It's certainly a strong possibility.

CPFC2010
14-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Maybe not a beer-serving bar, but you could do something really nice with that bit of grass.

Is there any chance of the documentary from last season being released in the close-season?

I'm not sure what's going on with the documentary. Last I heard Dan Molen was talking to Steve P about an edit.

CPFC2010
14-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Put the old scoreboard in between the upper and lower Holmesdale :-)

It's huge - it wouldn't fit.

And it's knackered.

Lord Flange
14-04-2014, 01:41 PM

And it's knackered.

Have we still got it then??! Reported missing about ten years ago :eek:

CPFC2010
14-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Have we still got it then??! Reported missing about ten years ago :eek:

I thought he meant the jumbotron. No I doubt very much that we have the old scoreboard. That must have gone at least 10 years ago.

karl.eldridge
14-04-2014, 02:49 PM

And it's knackered.

Is that a give-a-way that you have already purchased a new board ;)

Scrumpy
14-04-2014, 02:59 PM

And it's knackered.

I did mean the old old scoreboard! The one that had the hands rubbing together and "Come on Palace"

scro
14-04-2014, 07:00 PM
It really wouldn't have to be much just the time played. Perhaps even have it displayed in the corners like I think they used to at Newcastle? One of the watch companies would probably pay for it.

The score isn't really required. I can usually remember what that is ;).

JohnInTheUSA
14-04-2014, 07:20 PM
I did mean the old old scoreboard! The one that had the hands rubbing together and "Come on Palace"

Loved that scoreboard!

Beanie
15-04-2014, 07:36 AM
You realise the clock stops at 90 min anyway? We don't see the additional time either!

jcreedy
20-04-2014, 12:31 PM
I went to Brentford v Preston on Friday, as my father-in-law had a spare ticket. The toilets in the stand that I sat in weren't great, but one thing that I did appreciate was their antibacterial gel dispensers above each urinal. They were the kind you find outside hospital wards for you to use before entering.

It would make such a difference to the gents toilets at Selhurst to have these installed. People wouldn't need to use sinks, it might encourage the men who don't bother washing hands to actually consider their personal hygiene a bit more, and would save a hell of a lot of wasted paper towels. It might also stop the floors being soaked by 3pm.

Is there any chance that the stadium manager could look into this Steve?

girvinator
21-04-2014, 11:11 AM
Now that we know we are safe. Will the jumbotron be replaced this close season? Also, how much do they roughly cost?

CPFC2010
21-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Now that we know we are safe. Will the jumbotron be replaced this close season? Also, how much do they roughly cost?

We are discussing it. A new one is around 300k I think.

Barbara4003
21-04-2014, 08:47 PM
I went to Brentford v Preston on Friday, as my father-in-law had a spare ticket. The toilets in the stand that I sat in weren't great, but one thing that I did appreciate was their antibacterial gel dispensers above each urinal. They were the kind you find outside hospital wards for you to use before entering.

It would make such a difference to the gents toilets at Selhurst to have these installed. People wouldn't need to use sinks, it might encourage the men who don't bother washing hands to actually consider their personal hygiene a bit more, and would save a hell of a lot of wasted paper towels. It might also stop the floors being soaked by 3pm.

Brilliant idea!

In the ladies toilet in the Stephenson, there are only 2 toilets, a sink and a paper towel machine. With those gel dispensers, they could get rid of the sink (it never has hot water or soap anyway) and the paper towel machine (which has never worked in all the years I've been going) and fit another toilet in.

Sorted :)

andy burton
21-04-2014, 10:08 PM

Good idea but when the queue is 4 deep at half time these are still not going to get used and you need loads of them!

jcreedy
21-04-2014, 11:21 PM
It'd take a second to get some gel. Much quicker than washing hands, then drying them, which creates more congestion.

eagleade1973
22-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Brilliant idea!

In the ladies toilet in the Stephenson, there are only 2 toilets, a sink and a paper towel machine. With those gel dispensers, they could get rid of the sink (it never has hot water or soap anyway) and the paper towel machine (which has never worked in all the years I've been going) and fit another toilet in.

Sorted :)

I know a local company (Beddington) who would be able to supply... nudge nudge!

jcreedy
22-04-2014, 02:20 PM
I know a local company (Beddington) who would be able to supply... nudge nudge!

Could we consider this please Mr Browett?

EastbourneEagle
22-04-2014, 07:55 PM
And if you're still in Antigua, make sure you bring back some chocolate rum cake - it;s the dogs!

bald-eagle
24-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Yes, that is quite likely as the current one is nearing the end of the road

can it be lowered? the back few rows of the lower tier cant see it.

CPFC2010
24-04-2014, 11:39 AM
can it be lowered? the back few rows of the lower tier cant see it.

If we go for a new screen it would be "landscape" size rather than square so probably wider but less tall.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
24-04-2014, 11:45 AM

Pretty sure they were supposed to be clapping, unless......

qtM0-ZFwiNo

Billy Rhino
03-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Staying white as far as I know

On Palace Radio SP said something about the cladding getting some signage etc. Any ideas what this will be yet? The Palace badge at either end would look good for a start.

CPFC2010
04-05-2014, 09:23 PM
On Palace Radio SP said something about the cladding getting some signage etc. Any ideas what this will be yet? The Palace badge at either end would look good for a start.

Yes, I think that it will be something like that.

elgin eagle
15-05-2014, 10:03 AM

Still quite a few things going to be going on though, what with the sound system, jumbotron, under soil heating, main stand signage etc.

Are you just going to be scraping the topsoil into the centre of the pitch in case its all brick when they start digging down?