PDA

View Full Version : Favourite goal of the season? (so far)

Dorking .Eagle
18-04-2014, 07:09 AM
Hi Stephen,

As a break from all the ticketing questions, I wondered what your favourite goal of the season has been?

Mine has to be Dwight Gayle's last minute thunderbolt at Villa on Boxing Day. It was brilliant walking out the ground listening to all the Villa fans moaning about their home form, then switching on the car radio to hear that Palace were out of the bottom three! :lux:

We may not have scored the most but there have been some real beauties this season!

CPFC2010
18-04-2014, 08:04 AM
Hi Stephen,

As a break from all the ticketing questions, I wondered what your favourite goal of the season has been?

Mine has to be Dwight Gayle's last minute thunderbolt at Villa on Boxing Day. It was brilliant walking out the ground listening to all the Villa fans moaning about their home form, then switching on the car radio to hear that Palace were out of the bottom three! :lux:

We may not have scored the most but there have been some real beauties this season!

When I saw the thread title I immediately thought Gayle at Villa before I had even read your post.

A great goal and a crucial away win.

It wasnt a great penalty but I felt quite emotional when Glenn scored at Swansea after all he has been through.

redandblue4life
18-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Gayle vs villa for me, being at the match with my son and dad was just unreal when it flew into the top corner !

karl.eldridge
18-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Stuart O'Keefe vs Sunderland

deanchilds
18-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Punch at sheep land but then he knew who the goal keeper was don't really count as a goal I guess.

Andycol
18-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Surely the John Terry goal is up there!

wrightchipvcfc
18-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Wasn't best goal but think terrys goal agaist Chelsea changed our season we were reAly struggling for goals that win seem to give teAm confidence and we looked diff team after that .

MasterYoda
18-04-2014, 12:33 PM
It wasnt a great penalty but I felt quite emotional when Glenn scored at Swansea after all he has been through.It was a pretty great penalty I thought

8BWYt0DRefk

keltic eagle
18-04-2014, 01:40 PM
All 27 of them. Everyone of them were crucial . Agree about murrys but also puncheon after the horrendous penalty at spurs.

TC EAGLE
18-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Jeromes goal the other night got us the 3 points and safety

Eaglefoz
18-04-2014, 03:26 PM
John terry.

prizesucker
18-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Gayle vs Villa (but Garvan's goal vs Bristol City in the cup was well taken)

BaldEagle96
18-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Gayle for me too. Walking out of the ground we just knew the great escape was on!

Lewarse
19-04-2014, 06:00 AM
Chamakh vs. Stoke. Seeing the Makh on his debut out-muscle Shawcross and smash it in was a beautiful moment.

O'Keefe vs. Sunderland. That was awesome just because we had played so well and for a short while it looked like they were going to get an undeserved point. Sealed our first points of the campaign.

Chamakh vs. Cardiff. Great volley from the edge of the area. Enjoyed seeing the MOTD panel have to swallow their words. This must have been Chamakh's 3rd shot of the season or something ridiculous..

Gayle vs. Villa. That last minute pile-driver on Boxing Day. A lot of alcohol was consumed that night.

Ince vs. WBA. Starts his debut with a simple and very classy finish, he was pretty special that day.

Puncheon vs. Cardiff. You can hear Pulis yelling keep the ball pass it simple - 3 seconds later cue Chamakh with the clever dummy and Puncheon spanks it top corner.

Jerome vs. Everton. Wrong-foots the defender and finishes from the edge of the area. He really deserved that goal. He's had a couple of long range efforts this season which could have easily gone in were it not for some world class saves.

danpalace07
20-04-2014, 01:47 PM
I think the Palace legend himself, John Terry deserves this. Do you think he'd turn up to claim his reward? :p

CPFC2010
20-04-2014, 05:21 PM
I think the Palace legend himself, John Terry deserves this. Do you think he'd turn up to claim his reward? :p

Well I'm not asking him....

alanlee11
20-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Bannan at Hull potentially kick started the change, as a moment, it was huge, as was Gayle - the recent run has made it look easy, but we were fighting for our lives back then.

disco mixx kidd
20-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Some great memories there !

Gayle at villa was so well taken! And the timing ;-)

RCUK
20-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Jedinak v West Ham .... that was the moment we remained a premiership club for cert.

FourtyTwo
21-04-2014, 01:46 PM
For me, it was Bannan at Hull. At that point, we were rock bottom, and although Pulis had been announced that lunchtime, it was still looking like a big task to get us safe.

Then, to go down to 10 men for a completely undeserved red card (IMO), I think most people feared the worst yet again.

Then Jerome jinked passed a defender or two, and put the ball across for Bannan to score. Cue pandemonium - and for me that was the moment that survival looked possible!

cranesparkeagle
22-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Puncheons curler for the third at Cardiff closely followed by Okeefes goal v Sunderland

Reg_Maudling
23-04-2014, 03:58 PM
bannan's goal at hull was a turning point and liften morale for the coming of the Pulis

Barcelona B Fan
25-04-2014, 02:58 AM
For me, it was Bannan at Hull. At that point, we were rock bottom, and although Pulis had been announced that lunchtime, it was still looking like a big task to get us safe.

Then, to go down to 10 men for a completely undeserved red card (IMO), I think most people feared the worst yet again.

Then Jerome jinked passed a defender or two, and put the ball across for Bannan to score. Cue pandemonium - and for me that was the moment that survival looked possible!

What he says :)

Chris Finch
25-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Gayle vs Villa, was walking down the stairs to leave but knew better. Stopped halfway on stairs....

peterg
26-04-2014, 01:36 PM
Got to be John Terry. Sheer poetry!