PDA

View Full Version : Red & Blue bar

Billy Rhino
21-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Steve, I tend to have a drink in the blue bar at halftime and after the match but not many others do. The place is pretty good but is still lacking something so I was wondering if you could spend a bit of money this summer doing it up a bit?

Some decent carpet in the alcoves would be make it feel more like a pub and maybe a decent air-conditioning unit as the place seems to veer between humid to freezing depending where you sit/stand. Also think a big screen at either end would be good.

mrs nutty
22-04-2014, 09:02 PM
What would be good - to stop supporters from the lower tier using the red & blue bar before the game, I thought that one of the reasons that the upper tier supporters paid a higher ticket price, was for the privilege to use the bar before games, correct me if I am wrong

CPFC2010
23-04-2014, 12:44 PM
What would be good - to stop supporters from the lower tier using the red & blue bar before the game, I thought that one of the reasons that the upper tier supporters paid a higher ticket price, was for the privilege to use the bar before games, correct me if I am wrong

Yes it's licenced for Upper Tier ticket holders only pre-match.

gilesy14
23-04-2014, 12:54 PM
An idea for the Red & Blue bar to keep people at the ground afterwards might be to provide entertainment. I don't think it needs doing up as such.

For example, London Irish at the Madjeski have a band on after games in one of their bars. It's great & I'd imagine they make a good whack off of it. I've always thought the red & blue bar has never been used to it's full potential. It should be packed after a game. Maybe not even a band - maybe show the evening game when we kick off at 3 & offer a happy hour? It'd keep people at the ground & make the club more money. I for one would definitely hang around. Could it not be tried for a game or 2 next season?

Benzhiyi
23-04-2014, 12:59 PM
I used to drink in the RnB post-game, but this season the stewards have come down hard on those from other stands wanting to drink there and prevented people entering from other areas of the ground. (I sit in the Arthur.)

Steve, would it be worth asking them to relax their stance post-match in order to boost numbers? I'd rather my beer money went to the club than the Clifton.

Understand the limitations pre-game where it's always much busier.

tasty_snacks
23-04-2014, 01:11 PM
And whilst we're on a red n blue suggestive theme; for goodness sake pre-pour pints for sale at HT. Have them all lined up and ready to go. Bosh, bosh, bosh.

nottsunieagle
23-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Cannot understand why the OP would want carpet there. It would be impossible to clean and end up smelling and looking like a tired old Wetherspoons.

tomario
23-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Needs to stop running out of kernel for starters

mrs nutty
23-04-2014, 06:00 PM
Will there be any measures taken for next season, to ensure that only upper tier ticket holders use the red & blue bar before the game?

Ps, can we have hot water in the ladies loos ;-)

Billy Rhino
23-04-2014, 11:34 PM
Cannot understand why the OP would want carpet there. It would be impossible to clean and end up smelling and looking like a tired old Wetherspoons.

No it wouldn't if it was done right, carpet can be cleaned you just use carpet cleaners.

With all this money coming in I think that the fans should benefit from it a bit instead of it all going into player's pockets.

Bubble Wrap
24-04-2014, 08:16 AM
Steve, Any chance Red N Blue Can be opened up to everyone who wants to use it. The choice downstairs is bottled Carling which I hate. We often pop upstairs and have a few beers where we get served in a glass and a better choice of beers. It rarely packed up there but occasionaly we get stopped by stewards and have to walk all the way round to get into the other entrance. You only have to see the foot traffic on the stairs to know that more drinkers are from the lower tiers than the upper. Those asking for it to be exclusive to upper tier ticket holders are being a little selfish as its never over busy apart from games where we are told to get in the ground early or pubs close early. If this cannot be done then a bar under in the basement would be a great money spinner, if the prices were reasonable then you could even organise a HF bar one end getting their trade and this will prevent the Police harassing them, Will reduce the risk of trouble outside too.

jcreedy
24-04-2014, 08:36 AM
Will there be any measures taken for next season, to ensure that only upper tier ticket holders use the red & blue bar before the game?

Ps, can we have hot water in the ladies loos ;-)

To go with the new anti-bac dispensers! :)

jcreedy
24-04-2014, 08:37 AM
Steve, I tend to have a drink in the blue bar at halftime and after the match but not many others do. The place is pretty good but is still lacking something so I was wondering if you could spend a bit of money this summer doing it up a bit?

Some decent carpet in the alcoves would be make it feel more like a pub and maybe a decent air-conditioning unit as the place seems to veer between humid to freezing depending where you sit/stand. Also think a big screen at either end would be good.

Carpets would be a nightmare up there considering how much spillage there is.

andy burton
24-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Would be nice for the 'stark' lower tier concourse to be improved!

Popester
24-04-2014, 08:55 AM
I drink in the RnB bar pre-match and at half-time, and think it is a fantastic facility. Mates who support other clubs agree. The decor improved this pre-season, and the service has gone from strength to strength this year (quicker service, more choice, hot food available etc.).

However, I agree that it is under-used post-match and that is largely due to the staff making you feel unwelcome.

CPFC2010
24-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Steve, Any chance Red N Blue Can be opened up to everyone who wants to use it. The choice downstairs is bottled Carling which I hate. We often pop upstairs and have a few beers where we get served in a glass and a better choice of beers. It rarely packed up there but occasionaly we get stopped by stewards and have to walk all the way round to get into the other entrance. You only have to see the foot traffic on the stairs to know that more drinkers are from the lower tiers than the upper. Those asking for it to be exclusive to upper tier ticket holders are being a little selfish as its never over busy apart from games where we are told to get in the ground early or pubs close early. If this cannot be done then a bar under in the basement would be a great money spinner, if the prices were reasonable then you could even organise a HF bar one end getting their trade and this will prevent the Police harassing them, Will reduce the risk of trouble outside too.

Sorry but pre-match and at half time the R&B is for Upper Tier ticket holders only. There is a Cronx bar in the Lower Tier serving draught real ale.

MikeyBaby
24-04-2014, 11:40 AM
that is largely due to the staff making you feel unwelcome.

Really? They're lovely to us down our end.

Barcelona B Fan
25-04-2014, 02:55 AM
Will have to think about moving to top tier or to join the Railway club?
What about a Rnb membership limited numbers?

stinky
25-04-2014, 09:13 AM
Sorry but pre-match and at half time the R&B is for Upper Tier ticket holders only. There is a Cronx bar in the Lower Tier serving draught real ale.

Hate to say this Steve, but I've wandered up to the R&B from the Lower Holmesdale both pre game and HT to meet people I know up there, and have never had any problems. No one has stopped me. No one has asked to see my ticket.

davematt
25-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Hate to say this Steve, but I've wandered up to the R&B from the Lower Holmesdale both pre game and HT to meet people I know up there, and have never had any problems. No one has stopped me. No one has asked to see my ticket.

Yep. Same. I've been in the R&B bar most games this season, and I sit in the lower tier.

jcreedy
25-04-2014, 12:23 PM

On the flip side, it's nice to be able to take a drink down from the bar and outside to the bit of grass between the Holmesdale and AW stands when the sun is out.

I'm pretty sure that the RnB Bar has been a free-for-all for years in terms of who is allowed in there, and don't have a problem with it.

danpalace07
25-04-2014, 02:33 PM

shhhhh. Don't listen to him, Steve, no one from the LH goes to the R&B bar, it's all lies...

;)

Penstone Eagle
26-04-2014, 07:57 AM
What time do the bars open on Sunday please.

CPFC2010
26-04-2014, 09:12 AM
What time do the bars open on Sunday please.

Crystals at 1pm, the others at 1.30pm

JAS78
26-04-2014, 09:28 AM

Well that's that finished for next season then.

BlazeRIP
26-04-2014, 09:49 AM

Funny how i was stopped at the gates from going up there half way through this season,no problems for any other seasons before now. Do not like Crystals,too dark and gloomy .

glaziers fan
26-04-2014, 11:38 AM
It could be so much more. It's a great space, but the tables/chairs could be improved, with better screens etc

Bubble Wrap
26-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Crystals at 1pm, the others at 1.30pm

Steve, Will the Chelsea-Liverpool game be on in the bars?

CPFC2010
26-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Steve, Will the Chelsea-Liverpool game be on in the bars?

YES

Herr Colonpharter
28-04-2014, 08:27 AM
Would be nice for the 'stark' lower tier concourse to be improved!

Starting with the toilets please!

Sir.S.C Remembered
28-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Air con and faster service is all that I think needs work. Air con particularly. Maybe more screens too although this applies around the ground. Not sure if the bars in lower tier have all the ales. Would be nice of the draft larger upstairs were available downstairs, or some.

SouthernPalace
01-05-2014, 01:44 PM
I too have also drunk in the red & blue bar pre games and sit in lower tier !

Why only offer it to the 'higher' priced tickets of the upper tier! Do they get the drinks cheaper then???
Christ we're all in the same end of the ground lets all have a small piece of that pie.. Arent we all there supporting the same club wanting the best experience we can get !

But If that is the case & us lower level 'louts' can't & won't be able to drink up there, why didn't or don't we have a RED Bar upper level & a BLUE Bar lower level. Then you can have the top one slightly posher if you want !