PDA

View Full Version : Engineering works

muswell eagle
27-04-2014, 08:08 PM
We are told that engineering works are decided so far in advance that they cannot be changed because of the fixture list.

So can I suggest that we get the details from the rail companies before the fixture meeting for next season so that we know which dates to avoid.

I remember one match this season when we were still queuing to get on trains at Selhurst at 6:30 because Norwood Junction was shut.

CPFC2010
28-04-2014, 09:49 AM
We are told that engineering works are decided so far in advance that they cannot be changed because of the fixture list.

So can I suggest that we get the details from the rail companies before the fixture meeting for next season so that we know which dates to avoid.

I remember one match this season when we were still queuing to get on trains at Selhurst at 6:30 because Norwood Junction was shut.

Unfortunately the clubs don't get any say in the fixture list. And furthermore a large number of games are subsequently moved for tv.

Having said that, if anyone hears (a least a few weeks before the fixtures are announced) of any planned major weekend engineering works that might involve Selhurst and Norwood Junction being closed, then we will certainly pass these on to the league and request an away game.

ian king
29-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Having said that, if anyone hears (a least a few weeks before the fixtures are announced) of any planned major weekend engineering works that might involve Selhurst and Norwood Junction being closed, then we will certainly pass these on to the league and request an away game.

Steve - I still have contacts that might help here.

Tennison Road Bridge is about to be rebuilt so at sometime (Christmas/New Year maybe or certainly a weekend or two) I would think all lines between East/West Croydon and Norwood Junction will be closed.

Also major works start at London Bridge in December 2014 disrupting
the timetable (especially Thameslink) for the next two years.

Norman Nigel
30-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Steve - I still have contacts that might help here.

Tennison Road Bridge is about to be rebuilt so at sometime (Christmas/New Year maybe or certainly a weekend or two) I would think all lines between East/West Croydon and Norwood Junction will be closed.

Also major works start at London Bridge in December 2014 disrupting
the timetable (especially Thameslink) for the next two years.

Best we not have any home games for the next two years then.

Bernard Shakey
01-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Or maybe a bit longer as this kind of stuff always overruns!

palacea
01-05-2014, 10:45 AM
https://www.tfl.gov.uk/travel-information/improvements-and-projects/london-bridge-rail-station

23-31 August 2014
•There will be no Southern services to and from London Bridge
•There will be no London Overground services from New Cross during peak hours and additional London Overground services will operate from Crystal Palace
•First Capital Connect services will not operate to and from London Bridge; they will be diverted via an alternative route between Blackfriars and East Croydon
•Southeastern timetables may be altered
•Some National Rail, London Underground and London Overground services and stations will be much busier than usual

For detailed information and advice for changes taking place in August, visit our travel advice page.

20 December 2014 to 4 January 2015
•There will be no Southern services to and from London Bridge
•First Capital Connect services will be altered - service plans are being amended and will be released soon
•Southeastern timetables may be altered

December 2014 to January 2018
•Thameslink services between Bedford and Brighton through central London will not call at London Bridge

January 2015 to August 2016
•Southeastern services to and from Charing Cross will not call at London Bridge
•Southeastern trains to and from Cannon Street will still call at London Bridge, but some diversions will take place between Charing Cross, Cannon Street and Blackfriars

January 2015 onwards
•Greenwich line services (Deptford, Greenwich, Maze Hill and Westcombe Park stations) plus, New Cross and St John’s services will be permanently diverted to Cannon Street. There will be no direct services to Charing Cross and there will be no interchange with Charing Cross
•The redevelopment of London Bridge platforms 10 to 15 will be complete

August 2016 to early 2018
•Southeastern services to and from Charing Cross start calling again at London Bridge
•Southeastern trains to and from Cannon Street will not stop at London Bridge

January 2018
•Works are functionally complete, with more space and more train services
•Passengers will be able to change between the Cannon Street and Charing Cross services at London Bridge

deftones_eagle
01-05-2014, 02:31 PM
When it says no southern services to or from London bridge, will they be diverted somewhere else?