PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Phillips

ruffus
28-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Super Kev has announced his retirement today can we get him to Selhurst for the Liverpool game and get him on the pitch so that Palace can give their thanks to this hero ill never forget that Penalty at Wembley! A truly professional man it would make good TV as well and im sure we will raise the roof for him which he deserves and we didnt say a proper thanks and goodbye to him.

CPFC2010
29-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Super Kev has announced his retirement today can we get him to Selhurst for the Liverpool game and get him on the pitch so that Palace can give their thanks to this hero ill never forget that Penalty at Wembley! A truly professional man it would make good TV as well and im sure we will raise the roof for him which he deserves and we didnt say a proper thanks and goodbye to him.

He certainly is a Palace hero and a model professional footballer. That penalty was perfect.

However, Monday's lap of honour is really all about this year's team and their great achievement in not just staying up but doing it in some style. I don't imagine that KP would be comfortable gate-crashing that particular celebration.

Latvian Eagle
29-04-2014, 10:38 AM
But KP was part of this seasons squad Steve.

ruffus
29-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Half Time? Or before ko?

PalaceMonkey
29-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Presumably John Terry will be taking part, his goal was important for us!

CPFC2010
29-04-2014, 01:13 PM
Half Time? Or before ko?

afterwards

DaveP
29-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Steve, i think Ruffus was actually talking about KP either before kick off or at half time.

ruffus
29-04-2014, 03:06 PM
Steve, i think Ruffus was actually talking about KP either before kick off or at half time.
Yes I was just think it would be a wonderful gesture by us.

Latvian Eagle
29-04-2014, 11:08 PM
I think it's a bit much to single out one player, particularly one who didn't really do much for us this season. :confused:

I'd have happily let him be part of the Lap of Honour seeing as he was part of the August - January squad though.