PDA

View Full Version : wright and Bright bar

redandblue
04-05-2014, 07:44 AM
Steve who had the idea of naming this ? I started going to Palace in the 83/84 season so remember well Wright being a real breath if fresh air and something very special and I completely understand that he and (absolutely top man) mark bright being the best partnership ever partnership

However the behaviour of Wright towards us when he went to Arsenal really stunk of having no respect or thanks for Palace or it's fans. Kissing the badge in front of the Holmesdale and being a lifelong Millwall fan is not something that most people would associate with the honour of having something named after them for.

CPFC2010
04-05-2014, 08:06 AM
Steve who had the idea of naming this ? I started going to Palace in the 83/84 season so remember well Wright being a real breath if fresh air and something very special and I completely understand that he and (absolutely top man) mark bright being the best partnership ever partnership

However the behaviour of Wright towards us when he went to Arsenal really stunk of having no respect or thanks for Palace or it's fans. Kissing the badge in front of the Holmesdale and being a lifelong Millwall fan is not something that most people would associate with the honour of having something named after them for.

I think it was Steve Parish's idea and fully supported by the rest of us.

Ian Wright is certainly one of Palace's greatest ever players and whilst he was with us we enjoyed the best season in our history. Why he left was probably not as simple as you imagine and the abuse he received from some Palace fans for furthering his career was very unpleasant.

Ian Wright made a huge contribution to the club, as did (and still does) Mark Bright.

redandblue
04-05-2014, 08:22 AM
I think it was Steve Parish's idea and fully supported by the rest of us.

Ian Wright is certainly one of Palace's greatest ever players and whilst he was with us we enjoyed the best season in our history. Why he left was probably not as simple as you imagine and the abuse he received from some Palace fans for furthering his career was very unpleasant.

Ian Wright made a huge contribution to the club, as did (and still does) Mark Bright.

Thanks very much for replying Steve

The Last Dodo
04-05-2014, 08:48 AM

I felt like you when he left. He broke my heart when he went and came back to haunt us. But that was a long time ago now. I prefer to think of all the wonderful, happy memories him and Brighty gave me.
I'd have been more choked had Brighty not being acknowledged than Mr Wright having been so.

Heb 7:4
04-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Kissing the badge in front of the Holmesdale

After swapping shirts with Lombardo, special moment.

eaglebren
04-05-2014, 09:56 AM
I have to totally agree with Steve and the rest of the Board. Ian Wright gave myself and thousands of other Palace fans so much joy. He is most definitely a Palace legend. Players move on, it happens. I was there when he kissed the Arsenal badge. And I shouted abuse at him for doing it. But looking back now, I regret doing that. Maybe he does as well, I don't know. But I do know that we have all done things on the spur of the moment, that we wish we hadn't. Wright and Bright will always be legends.

mjtheeagle
04-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Could call it the Andrew and Andrews bar?

Eagle987
04-05-2014, 11:06 AM
Or, when the stands get rebuilt, name one of the bars 'the zaha bar'? Has a nice ring to it and I'm sure Wilf wouldn't mind!

mjtheeagle
04-05-2014, 11:39 AM
How about opening a sushi bar called Kuqi Suki?

Odds Against
04-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Or, when the stands get rebuilt, name one of the bars 'the zaha bar'? Has a nice ring to it and I'm sure Wilf wouldn't mind!

Bar Zaha

Dom the Eagle
04-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Wright atoned for his treachery twice, first by swapping shirts with Lombardo and later by running the length of the pitch to celebrate after scoring in the Geoff Thomas charity match.

Latvian Eagle
04-05-2014, 03:06 PM

I could think of many more legendary players who deserve something named after them than Zaha.

The Last Dodo
04-05-2014, 03:44 PM
How about opening a sushi bar called Kuqi Suki?

A good tribute to Kuqi - vastly overrated, overpriced and underdone.

Eagle987
06-05-2014, 10:44 AM
I could think of many more legendary players who deserve something named after them than Zaha.

I'm sure you can, but does their surname prefix 'bar' as well as Zaha? ;)

The Last Dodo
07-05-2014, 12:17 PM

Peter Taylaaaaah.

Latvian Eagle
07-05-2014, 03:40 PM

The Ooo Ahhh George Ndah Bar? :confused:

Eagle987
08-05-2014, 11:56 AM
The Ooo Ahhh George Ndah Bar? :confused:

haha, not a bad effort actually!

islander
08-05-2014, 12:16 PM
I am amazed how little recognition todays fans give to Jim Cannon. A true leader , loyal club man and greatly underated footballer.

How about naming the road outside of the main entrance jim Cannon Way.

MasterYoda
08-05-2014, 12:27 PM
I'd go with

The Ooo Ahhh George N'Bar