PDA

View Full Version : Next Years away season tickets

ADW1988
05-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Morning Steve,

Away season tickets I thought were a brilliant idea. I actually didn't get one and still managed to secure tickets for all away games. However I do plan on getting one next year.. I believe demand will be going up considerably!

So to cut my essay! I've heard a lot of people with minimal loyalty points (ps loyalty points are brilliant can't believe some complain!) and only 1 season ticket saying they will buy an away season ticket next year to guarantee away game tickets! Will there be a limit on away season tickets?
And perhaps maybe make it available to a certain level loyalty point holders first? I can see 2,500 applicants for away season tickets and none going on sale!

Was only a thought from what I've heard! Maybe I'm completely wrong.

Thanks

CPFC2010
05-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Morning Steve,

Away season tickets I thought were a brilliant idea. I actually didn't get one and still managed to secure tickets for all away games. However I do plan on getting one next year.. I believe demand will be going up considerably!

So to cut my essay! I've heard a lot of people with minimal loyalty points (ps loyalty points are brilliant can't believe some complain!) and only 1 season ticket saying they will buy an away season ticket next year to guarantee away game tickets! Will there be a limit on away season tickets?
And perhaps maybe make it available to a certain level loyalty point holders first? I can see 2,500 applicants for away season tickets and none going on sale!

Was only a thought from what I've heard! Maybe I'm completely wrong.

Thanks

This year 380 people had away season tickets. I doubt that there is a huge number of additional fans who are prepared to go to every away game. I certainly cant see anything like 2500 people doing this. That's more people than we took to most games this season!

The minimum number of tickets that we can have for any away game is 2100 at Swansea. So I suppose we could cap away season tickets at 1000 if that is necessary.

Just to be clear, if you take up an away season ticket you are committing to go to every Palace away game and you have to register your card details with the box office. You cannot re-sell any tickets and must attend every game yourself.

ADW1988
05-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the response. Yes 2500 would be excessive and was exaggerating but just saw a potential loophole. Only missed 3 away (inc cup) so would be happy for that to have tickets guaranteed.

Thanks for response.

aquickgame2
14-05-2014, 08:30 PM
When are they due out to buy for next season ?

CPFC2010
15-05-2014, 04:28 PM
When are they due out to buy for next season ?

You can sign up a few weeks before the start of the season

BaldEagle96
15-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Will you be closing the loophole that allowed away season ticket holders to also buy tickets for games needing loyalty points through the online booking system?

CPFC2010
15-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Will you be closing the loophole that allowed away season ticket holders to also buy tickets for games needing loyalty points through the online booking system?

I wasnt aware of this, nobody has mentioned it before.

Any away season ticket holder found to have bought 2 tickets for a match limited to 1 per person will be banned from the scheme.

JDM SE25
15-05-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm looking to get an away season ticket next year. Two questions:

1) depended on fixtures I may have to miss ONE game due to being on holiday...would this mean I can't have one?

2) if I wanted a friend to come with me for about 5 games would I be able to sit him next to me to if I have an away season ticket (obviously he has to have enough points depending on game)?

CPFC2010
16-05-2014, 10:38 AM
I'm looking to get an away season ticket next year. Two questions:

1) depended on fixtures I may have to miss ONE game due to being on holiday...would this mean I can't have one?

2) if I wanted a friend to come with me for about 5 games would I be able to sit him next to me to if I have an away season ticket (obviously he has to have enough points depending on game)?

Yes you can opt out of a couple of games for holidays/weddings etc as long as you advise before that game goes on sale.

Yes you can get 2 together as long as he has the points required.

HRP
16-05-2014, 10:51 AM

Not sure how this was possible as all away season ticket holders tickets were 'purchased' the day before normal tickets went on sale . This ticket was put on your account and then impossible to buy another one .

Gathers54
16-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Yes you can opt out of a couple of games for holidays/weddings etc as long as you advise before that game goes on sale.

Yes you can get 2 together as long as he has the points required.

If i remember correctly, the limit for games you cannot attend and as long as you advised the box office with plenty of notice, was 3 games.

Ade 70
16-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Is there a minimum points limit that away season ticket holders need to have prior to buying their away ST?...I ask because one of the guys I regularly go away with has a mate who had his first season ticket last year and also came to 7 or 8 away games with us - he would have done a lot more if he had the points - but couldn't (fair enough I said).

He mentioned he was thinking about the away season ticket route to enable him to get tickets to all the away games, as he'd only have around 1160 - 1200 points (now2 x ST plus aways).

Now I won't be getting an away ST, as I only do around 14-15 aways but will have enough points as I have 2300 or something, but I'm undecided whether I should encourage him somewhat "jumping the queue loyalty wise" if their is no minimum points limit required for an away ST, as he's only really been an active supporter for 18 months or so.

CPFC2010
16-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Anyone can join the away season ticket club. If you are prepared to go to every away game that is pretty unbeatable loyalty.

Militant Eagle
16-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Do away season ticket holders get loyalty points - possibly relevant for cup games and future seasons in which they may no longer have an away season ticket? If so, at what rate - i.e. 20 points per match or 500 for the season?

CPFC2010
16-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Do away season ticket holders get loyalty points - possibly relevant for cup games and future seasons in which they may no longer have an away season ticket? If so, at what rate - i.e. 20 points per match or 500 for the season?

Same points as everyone else - 20 per game

benpalace1
17-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Has anybody worked how much it costs to do all the away games in total?

Dorking .Eagle
17-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Has anybody worked how much it costs to do all the away games in total?

For season 2013/14, an adult ticket for every Premier League away game would have cost you up to 669.

The away season ticket also has an admin fee of 25

You could have paid slightly less by having slightly cheaper (lower tier) tickets at the likes of Chelsea, Man City and Spurs. There was a price variance of 10 at Man Utd between the cheapest away ticket (45) and the dearest (55). And there were discounts at Swansea and West Brom if you bought an adult ticket in conjuction with a child (and the reverse at Cardiff).

So using rough maths the average Prem away ticket price was something like 35.

The cup games at Bristol City, West Brom and Wigan were much cheaper (Wigan only 10!!)

Of course unless you live in the Midlands, or have an economical carshare, the cost of travel will outweigh the price of the tickets - Sunderland and Newcastle each cost me 100 in petrol alone.

So in answer to the question, it is impossible to say the exact cost, as it depends of what 'category grade' other teams see us as (and charge us accordingly), and also the 3 promoted teams will have different prices to the 3 relegated ones.

But what I would say is that an away season ticket is a serious commitment, not only in cost but in terms of the time you spend, and the flexibility you need to have with regard to fixture changes (Man United away at 12.45, Swansea on Sunday evening, Everton being postponed!).

If all of that doesn't put you off though, then get on board!