PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool fans being let in home end

alanlee11
05-05-2014, 05:44 PM
Being asked to remove shirts and scarves. Then being let in. Some holding season tickets. Stewards need to note season ticket numbers or stop them going in full stop.

Theo88
05-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Lots of Liverpool fans in the Arthur, stewards did well to eventually kick them out but not until the 3rd goal had gone in, something needs to be done to ensure it doesn't happen again

foxinthebox
05-05-2014, 11:02 PM
fans being let in without tickets Arthur wait entrance 4 concerns me more. Some bloke leaning on the railing telling the steward when to let certain ppl in.

Think the club needs an overhaul of the system.

alanlee11
05-05-2014, 11:15 PM
row 18 - seats 186, 187 - Arthur, Block X - be interested to see who bought the tickets for these two

keltic eagle
05-05-2014, 11:24 PM
I was in section u row 40 and not over exagerating would say there were about 50 to 60 scousers in the section behind us. It was very intimidating and there were quite a few young palace fans among them including my 9 yr old nephew. I think the stewards did a good enough job but also think they turned a blind eye a lot of the time. I overheard the senior steward who was a lady say this is my worst game yet.

I think the Liverpool fans totally let their side down and should be ashamed of themselves considering the anniversary and all that. I'm so chuffed we've put a major dent in there season and hope our club complain loudly to LFC

I'm not bad mouthing the stewards that were working the section i was in which was section u right next to the away 'animals'. I think they did as good a job as they could under the circumstances. I honestly think the club made a mistake by not paying the extra money to have police in the AW aswell. I only saw 2 police the whole 90 minutes and they walked past us into the away section and down the exit. The club had enough warnings on this forum there was going to be large amounts of scouse in the home ends and that was a given it would be the Arthur waite plus it was always going to be a highly charged game

Stellavista
05-05-2014, 11:38 PM
Who the hell is supposed to take responsibility for this?
Absolute shambles.

GodstoneEagle
06-05-2014, 01:04 AM
Ban the complete arseholes who sold on these tickets. I know tons of real Palace fans who wanted to come tonight

Penstone Eagle
06-05-2014, 04:09 AM
The flare in the AW was set off just next to my wife who was the carer for her Father in the disabled section, several away fans dropped it and ran. Why were they allowed in, why were there no precautions taken, will Liverpool FC be informed by you about this, flares/ smoke bombs are dangerous at any time, but next to disabled fans who might have breathing difficulties is the lowest of the low.

MasterYoda
06-05-2014, 05:50 AM
Hope some real action is taken. Has to be really or it will just become accepted practice.

Stewards need to be looked at as well as well as the owners of seats with scousers in them.

Uswortheagle
06-05-2014, 06:36 AM
I would like to know why again in entrance E2 the Turnstile operator was not scanning Season tickets or Paper tickets ( as Msn City match) I sit/ stand in row 16 and it was more crowded than usual albeit stemmed to be all Palace fans
Steward at the Gate also just leaning on the wall, not checking anything as you enter ground,
Something not right at all last night( other than the result)

CPFC2010
06-05-2014, 06:53 AM
Last night was a massive challenge for the stewards. Clearly lessons will be learned but it is indeed disappointing that some Palace fans appear to have sold tickets to touts or direct to Liverpool fans. Anyone found to have done this will be banned from buying tickets to games in the future. Our ticketing policy has worked very well this season in keeping away fans out of home areas which has been a contributing factor to the amazing atmosphere at Selhurst. It's just a shame that some people cant resist the opportunity to make a quick profit. I suspect that some Liverpool fans were also prepared to buy Palace memberships and Villa tickets some time ago.

For a game like this next season we will look at extra methods to control ticket sales including selling only to those with a booking history.

Eaglefoz
06-05-2014, 06:54 AM
They had scanners but I was told they did not work!
E2 btw.

Nth Kent Eagle
06-05-2014, 07:05 AM
When we went to City we received a leaflet explaining they have a zero tolerance policy towards away fans in home areas. It seems that there may be a need for a special squad of security stewards with the authority to immediately and automatically eject problematic away fans. Some of the Liverpool fans in the Arthur were redolent of the 70s when their fans had such an appalling reputation, despite the propaganda.

keltic eagle
06-05-2014, 07:10 AM
Last night was a massive challenge for the stewards. Clearly lessons will be learned but it is indeed disappointing that some Palace fans appear to have sold tickets to touts or direct to Liverpool fans. Anyone found to have done this will be banned from buying tickets to games in the future. Our ticketing policy has worked very well this season in keeping away fans out of home areas which has been a contributing factor to the amazing atmosphere at Selhurst. It's just a shame that some people cant resist the opportunity to make a quick profit. I suspect that some Liverpool fans were also prepared to buy Palace memberships and Villa tickets some time ago.

For a game like this next season we will look at extra methods to control ticket sales including selling only to those with a booking history.

Ok . Should you not adopt a policy where there's a cut off for people buying membership then hopefully this will stop these kind of abuses. People on the bbs are wise to outsiders joining bbs then trying to buy tickets with zero posts on the ticket trading thread

IanH
06-05-2014, 07:30 AM
Our ticketing policy has worked very well this season in keeping away fans out of home areas which has been a contributing factor to the amazing atmosphere at Selhurst.

Agreed. Although, ironically, last night was the best atmosphere at Palace all season.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
06-05-2014, 08:02 AM
The flare in the AW was set off just next to my wife who was the carer for her Father in the disabled section, several away fans dropped it and ran. Why were they allowed in, why were there no precautions taken, will Liverpool FC be informed by you about this, flares/ smoke bombs are dangerous at any time, but next to disabled fans who might have breathing difficulties is the lowest of the low.

It's never their fault though Penstone you know that! :veryangry

Barbara4003
06-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Had 2 scouters in the seats behind me - the 2 seats that have been occupied by away fans before.

In fairness, they were a quiet, young couple but with obvious Liverpool accents. They were well behaved and didn't celebrate Liverpool's goals. Jennifer spoke to them and asked them how they got their tickets. They said they bought them from 'Pete' who they had to meet at Selhurst Station before the game to get the tickets. Unfortunately, she didn't ask how much they paid.

Whilst they didn't particularly bother me (in fact, I ended up feeling sorry for them - they must have been the only 2 not standing up for the last 10 minutes in the Main Stand), it concerns me this person has possibly been making money selling his ST seats, as this was by no means the first incident.

But apart from that. WHAT. A. NIGHT! :lux: :lux:

Jimbocpfc
06-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Steve - why was there no police presence in the Arthur? You must have been aware of the potential trouble. Big mistake in my eyes, ruined what was otherwise a great night for many.

kolinkins
06-05-2014, 08:36 AM
We were surrounded by Liverpool fans. After some got chucked out, they started behaving, cheered our first goal. But by the third, they didn't move at all.

Steve - is there an email address to send seat numbers etc to?

ChiswickEagle
06-05-2014, 08:39 AM
Last night was a massive challenge for the stewards. Clearly lessons will be learned but it is indeed disappointing that some Palace fans appear to have sold tickets to touts or direct to Liverpool fans. Anyone found to have done this will be banned from buying tickets to games in the future. Our ticketing policy has worked very well this season in keeping away fans out of home areas which has been a contributing factor to the amazing atmosphere at Selhurst. It's just a shame that some people cant resist the opportunity to make a quick profit. I suspect that some Liverpool fans were also prepared to buy Palace memberships and Villa tickets some time ago. For a game like this next season we will look at extra methods to control ticket sales including selling only to those with a booking history.

I think this must be correct. The two seats in front of me have different people each week, last night they were clearly LUFC fans. At least, they, unlike others, sat on their hands. The game was rather given away by the fact that it took them at least ten seconds to get to their feet after the third goal went in! If you want my seat details let me know.

LONDONMAN
06-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Slightly off topic - but is there anything you can do about moving the half and half scarf selling ponces off our ground, at the very least, outside the Main Stand?

The very sight of them makes me sick, if it's not bad enough having to display a Palace scarf with another team's name on it (I know some people actually regard this as a desireable souvenir) - when I asked one seller why these tatty items didn't even have the dignity of spelling our club's name in full (it's just C. Palace) - the cheeky oik had the nerve to say, it's because of 'Copyright'.

I would like to see the money taken off these people, given to charity - and the whole shoddy stock burnt in front of them as we count their takings.

AndyStreet
06-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Absolutely shedloads of Liverpool fans in the Arfur, unfortunately. Many intent on acting like disrespectful arseholes.

GreatGonzo
06-05-2014, 08:56 AM
Before getting too precious about Scousers in the home ends, people should remember how many we apparently have going next sunday in areas which have been designated home early.

A lot of Palace fans have sat in home ends up and down the country, it is about how you conduct yourself when you do. Those who turned up in Livepool shirts should have had their tickets taken off them though, those who cheered the goals, should have all been removed, as many were.

Maybe those going Sunday in the Fulham ends will conduct themselves better?

Yoda
06-05-2014, 09:22 AM
I can understand how there are individual Liverpool fans dotted about the place, but I've read twice already today about 'groups' of their fans being in the home areas. It seems strange to me that someone had about 10 beside him in the Main Stand and there were groups in the Arthur.
That sounds like a different source to just random Palace fans selling on their seat?

adman50
06-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Upper Holmesdale Block P Row 4 seats 90ish there were two Liverpool fans and the senior steward just gave them a talking to at half time.

In fairness they didn't make any noise so weren't a problem in that respect but it's not ideal really.

Sureagle
06-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Amazingly slack entry process at E2. No scan and not even a proper look at the season ticket. Asking for trouble.

CPFC2010
06-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Had 2 scouters in the seats behind me - the 2 seats that have been occupied by away fans before.

In fairness, they were a quiet, young couple but with obvious Liverpool accents. They were well behaved and didn't celebrate Liverpool's goals. Jennifer spoke to them and asked them how they got their tickets. They said they bought them from 'Pete' who they had to meet at Selhurst Station before the game to get the tickets. Unfortunately, she didn't ask how much they paid.

Whilst they didn't particularly bother me (in fact, I ended up feeling sorry for them - they must have been the only 2 not standing up for the last 10 minutes in the Main Stand), it concerns me this person has possibly been making money selling his ST seats, as this was by no means the first incident.

Barbara - please send me the seat numbers. We aren't concerned about the quiet young couple but whoever 'Pete' is we will ban him from buying any more tickets.

CPFC2010
06-05-2014, 11:18 AM
We were surrounded by Liverpool fans. After some got chucked out, they started behaving, cheered our first goal. But by the third, they didn't move at all.

Steve - is there an email address to send seat numbers etc to?

Please pm me with seat numbers of any seats that were occupied by any Liverpool fans who were behaving badly.

Palace fans who have re-sold their tickets to touts or direct to away fans will be banned from buying any more tickets.

CPFC2010
06-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Slightly off topic - but is there anything you can do about moving the half and half scarf selling ponces off our ground, at the very least, outside the Main Stand?

The very sight of them makes me sick, if it's not bad enough having to display a Palace scarf with another team's name on it (I know some people actually regard this as a desireable souvenir) - when I asked one seller why these tatty items didn't even have the dignity of spelling our club's name in full (it's just C. Palace) - the cheeky oik had the nerve to say, it's because of 'Copyright'.

I would like to see the money taken off these people, given to charity - and the whole shoddy stock burnt in front of them as we count their takings.

They can't sell them on club property but if they are on the streets there is nothing that we can do to move them away.

CPFC2010
06-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Before getting too precious about Scousers in the home ends, people should remember how many we apparently have going next sunday in areas which have been designated home early.

A lot of Palace fans have sat in home ends up and down the country, it is about how you conduct yourself when you do. Those who turned up in Livepool shirts should have had their tickets taken off them though, those who cheered the goals, should have all been removed, as many were.

This is a very valid point. There will be probably be more Palace fans in home seats at Fulham than there were Liverpool fans in home seats at Selhurst last night. It's how people behave that is important. Nevertheless we will not tolerate our supporters selling tickets to touts as you don't know who might end up in those seats.

orp pisshead1
06-05-2014, 11:33 AM

That's Liverpool fans for you but it seems your not allowed to criticise them anywhere.

trickyricky66
06-05-2014, 11:34 AM
I saw four scouse let in by bent stewards at the gate top of homesdale.not impressed!

palacea
06-05-2014, 11:40 AM

Was this the Pete? https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7009/6690150905_fe87be72b4_z.jpg

trickyricky66
06-05-2014, 11:44 AM
I saw 4 scouse being let in at top homesdale the big double gates .

Mad Raschic Ken
06-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Can I suggest that you give people a written warning first and make it clear that a ban will follow if it happens again?

I have a good friend who is a City fan and he asked me to get him a ticket for last week's game. I look on here, so saw your comments about Palace fans being banned if they got tickets for opposition fans, but not everyone will be aware of that.

I said I couldn't help him and he got one in the away end eventually anyway, but I felt bad not sorting one out for him. This particular individual has been to about 20 Palace home games over the last four seasons and I've often got him tickets (including in the dark days of administration), so it seemed a bit weird to say that I suddenly couldn't help him when it was his own team playing. I have no doubt that he'd have behaved with respect and kept quiet, but someone could easily have picked up on him being an away fan for smiling at the wrong time!

I bet there are lots of long-term loyal Palace fans that have helped mates out in similar circumstances and I would like to think that they would be given a warning before being banned.

Billyd
06-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Although its a shame Palace fans sold tickets to Liverpool fans.

Id much rather that the club in general spent the time reporting the behaviour of the Liverpool fans to the FA. So many trying to evade the barriers, get under the turnstiles, force open gates. The general behaviour of the Liverpool fans around Selhurst last night was probably the worst ive seen in 20 odd years.

Will be club be making a formal complaint?

Again im not saying those selling tickets in home ends are innocent but feels like Palace fans are too often the target. (Ive seen the Portmanor more policed vs Barnsley than the Liverpool fans last night).

CPFC2010
06-05-2014, 11:53 AM
I saw four scouse let in by bent stewards at the gate top of homesdale.not impressed!

Please can you pm me more details of this. Thanks, Steve

No4 Son
06-05-2014, 11:53 AM

A logical response. I imagine, as it seemed with the scousers last night, Palace will be everywhere next weekend :lux:

IpswichEagle
06-05-2014, 12:20 PM
If we can't stop them getting in then there simply must be better stewarding and policing.

The ticketing policy is fair, but the stewarding and turnstyles in those areas needs a drastic overhaul.

Most of the Liverpool fools that were in teh Arthur probably weren't even sitting in teh correct places so what's the use in taking seat numbers etc? Plus it's really hard to work out when you are a row or two away (behind literally rows of foreign Liverpool supporting 'fans'). The one next to me (there was an empty seat V block row 18 seat 109 - so may not have even been his seat) arrived 15 mins in, was a Russian liverpool 'supporter' who had paid 150 for his ticket.

I thought there were meant to be police in the ground for the game? Where were they?

And the stewards didn't make themselves seen and proactive. They only really got serious to block off the rapidly emptying away end at the final whistle! Useful! Poor organisation there.

Also, all the stewards were just gathered around talking to each other up the back near the exits of the Arthur stands. They should have been walking the aisles!!!

It was so blatantly obvious who the Liverpool idiots were when they scored, or when we made our comeback. Yet i had to go and drag a steward to row 15 block v to get a gloating scouser (londoner really) out.

Stewards need to patrol around and be proactive, not just sit there letting it all kick off.

And for those saying about the Fulham game and 'oh just relax about it' etc, you clearly weren't in blocks V and W of the Arthur last night or you would be saying something completely different.

The Liverpool 'fans' were a disgraceful bunch of arrogant, disrespectful, scally muppets that deserved a slap round the chops.

I feel ashamed for it taking the gloss of one of the most remarkable performances i have ever seen, but it proper grated me Steve. The stewards need to get in amongst it!

Ade 70
06-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Upper Holmesdale Block P Row 4 seats 90ish there were two Liverpool fans and the senior steward just gave them a talking to at half time.

In fairness they didn't make any noise so weren't a problem in that respect but it's not ideal really.

I sit in Block P Row 5 seat 94 and honestly didn't notice anyone "new" around - apart from the tall black guy who used my friend's ST, but he was a Palace fan and certainly made some noise :p

Kaberle15
06-05-2014, 01:13 PM
The thing is, it isn't just Palace fans selling tickets on. I'm pretty certain that touts bought Season Tickets before the season started. Its the same seats each weak with random people who are very quiet when Palace score.

I know this can't really be avoided, and I have no problem with people who are respectful of the fact they are in the home ends. But an unfortunate by-product of the premier league is the touting - alot of it isnt genuine Palace fans selling the tickets on.

Barbara4003
06-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Was this the Pete? https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7009/6690150905_fe87be72b4_z.jpg

Could be.

He looks well dodgy.

;)

deanchilds
06-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Had a few near me in block G lower Homesdale. One who after half an hour went up stairs and watched on the tvs. Wife took a picture of him when 3-0 so once it went 3-3 I couldn't help but go and give him some stick! Too funny!! Didn't say a word!

JamieBcpfc
06-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Please can you pm me more details of this. Thanks, Steve

I am not sure what was going on but there were several occasions where the gates which opens to the area outside the Holmesdale were opened and people were let in. Also a man and his son appeared to have been able to climb over a wall into the ground into the same area. It's mind-boggling how they were able to get away with this with the steward and police presence outside.

GodstoneEagle
06-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Stewards in the AW didn't even want to intervene and only did so to stop some sort of vigilante lynching from unfolding.

A couple of big meatheads from down the front came running up the stairs looking for Liverpool fans, and tracked some down at HT

Trist
06-05-2014, 03:36 PM
The steward at the top of the Arthur Wait stand was turning away Liverpool fans trying to sneak in with home tickets. So some stewards were certainly trying to help ensure Liverpool fans were not let in.

Saying that, there were plenty of Liverpool fans around me in Block W. Most were just quiet for the whole match but a couple of the more vocal ones were kicked out after the 3rd Liverpool goal had gone in.

On a more positive note there was a group of kids just to my left who I assume were on some kind of exchange. I assume they arrived as neutrals but they certainly left as converted palace fans. Singing along to the songs, jumping up and down and swinging scarfs about their heads.

gvl
06-05-2014, 04:19 PM
I guess if a tout buys a pair of season tickets for 1,000, he/she can over the season potentially make a decent profit.
Sell one off big games, Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool etc at over face value, do a deal with a London Hotel and sell a package for the tourists etc.
We are a London club, in the Premier league, the creative types are going to get busy.
I guess it will be the price to pay for the success. let's hope we get the stadium re-build happenning, have a larger away area, and we can fill the home bits with new found Palace fans. COYP.

New LP
06-05-2014, 05:05 PM
If we can't stop them getting in then there simply must be better stewarding and policing.

It's laughable in terms of the Met that after years of unnecessary, draconian policing, particularly when we were in the Championship that when they are required to police a game properly they fail.

fish finger
06-05-2014, 05:55 PM
I was at the back of Block U. And very disappointed that I was actually in a minority. People to one side of me and the rows in front and behind were ALL Liverpool. Seems very strange to have such a large block of away fans together. Did all those Palace fans really sell their tickets on the black market? A big co-incidence that they were all in same place if they did.

Most were quiet, respectful and well behaved. But there were about 20% who were not. Cheering and singing - then staying seated on palace's second and third goals. Just glad we stunned them like that

A lot spent the the game standing in the aisle. The stewards did remove a few but spent most of the game talking about them

Bubble Wrap
06-05-2014, 06:31 PM
The away blocks were fuller than I have ever seen at Selhurst. You couldn't see the gangways and it looked rammed. So obvious loads got in with either fake tickets, sneaked in or were let in. There was hardly any police and the scoucers took advantage of this with some real scummy behaviour. I know you are proud of the fact we have only had police in the ground for 1 games this season, last night could have been quite serious if it had kicked off. I think barriers should be set up around the ground where fans have to show their tickets before getting anywhere near the turnstyles. I know 2 lads that get let into the holmsdale every game without tickets. maybe cctv on every turnstlye might stop some of this. Generally it will be the ones that sneak in, pay a steward ect that are more likely to cause trouble.

Suffolkeagle
06-05-2014, 06:59 PM
There were some at the back of block w In the Arthur who celebrated when the first went In, I didn't see them after the third! Must of been around row 42..

redandblue
06-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Steve saying its challenging for stewards is all good and well but surely deciding whether to let somone in or stay in, in any type of colours or telling them that they need to take the colours off at the gate but still let them is only the smallest of challenges.

It also amazes me that stewards who are intent on coming into the home end to warn people for hand gestures seem not to see far worse from the away fans, there was a couple of complete tossers after the away stand had emptied out offering people out why is this allowed to happen ?

I have to say I did not see this but eat that others did. In the WHR though the girl sitting behind me got hit with a coin from the boxes.

PalaceRichard
06-05-2014, 10:34 PM
24 hours later and enough time to "take a breath as requested".

First of all, what a brilliant night to be a Palace fan. The way the whole ground and the team reacted to the first Palace goal, and then the next 15 minutes will stay with me for a long time.

I normally come with my 9 year old son using our season tickets. I didn't even consider taking my son, for all the reasons that are listed elsewhere in terms of behaviour of Liverpool supporters, and I wasn't disappointed that I made that decision.

It is regrettable that a lot of Palace supporters had to put up with Liverpool fans openly celebrating goals in the home sections.
It is shameful that Liverpool supporters think it is right to climb over walls and try to open gates with the Hillsborough and Heysel disasters in mind.
It is wrong that turnstile operators and stewards let ticketless fans in the ground, somewhat unprofessional for a Premier League club, and letting down their colleagues who do a great job.
It was incredible to see the number of casual / Liverpool supporters getting access to a category A game when your standard Palace fan has to buy tickets for category B games as well.

Unfortunately, Liverpool do seem to have problems with this kind of fixture. The tolerance shown in London to away support in not reciprocated in many other places in my experience especially not Liverpool. I would have thought some kind of communication to LFC is in order.

Next Sunday will be a test for us with the expience of last night, but the difference is that Fulham actually provide a neutral zone.

Hopefully lessons can be learnt from last night to ensure a safe and annoyance free night for ALL Palace fans when Liverpool visit again.

Justy C
07-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Two directly behind me in Block D, their seats were definitely passed on by 2 season ticket holders, they were with 1 Palace season ticket holder. We'll have a chat with those season ticket holders next season if they are still there, first time this has happened.

They squeaked when their first goal went in and did nothing else, they realised their error. Let's just say they got it back with interest when our goals went in.

quinn85
07-05-2014, 08:20 PM
This is a very valid point. There will be probably be more Palace fans in home seats at Fulham than there were Liverpool fans in home seats at Selhurst last night. It's how people behave that is important. Nevertheless we will not tolerate our supporters selling tickets to touts as you don't know who might end up in those seats.

There will probably be more Palace fans in the home end at Fulham than there will be Fulham fans!

Wolfnipplechips
07-05-2014, 09:42 PM
I had three scousers sat next to me in block V. They were well behaved, respectful, sat on their hands, were extremely complementary of the atmosphere, embarrassed by the behaviour of their own and wished us best of luck for next season. They took the result in good spirit. All season Me and my Dad have had tourists sat around us. Made a nice change tbh. A question - does it really matter? I'm absolutely positive I would do the same in their circumstances. It's all a question of behaviour in my book.

PeterK
07-05-2014, 09:50 PM
no sign of Dorans and his men filming anyone then? ..... no surprise there then lol

Bernard Shakey
08-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Could be.

He looks well dodgy.

;)

Indeed! I've seen him giving sweets to little kids as well!!

ADW1988
08-05-2014, 10:45 AM
It's laughable in terms of the Met that after years of unnecessary, draconian policing, particularly when we were in the Championship that when they are required to police a game properly they fail.

The Met are too interested in harassing the HF.. Im in Block L above B in row 1 and it's laughable!! Met with cameras on them all last season in Champ... Not needed this year. Liverpool come to invade the home end and they're back with a camera (it looked like) on the HF... Laughable.. Doesn't surprise me though.. Met are awfully useless..

Natasha Pyke
08-05-2014, 07:57 PM
The steward at the top of the Arthur Wait stand was turning away Liverpool fans trying to sneak in with home tickets. So some stewards were certainly trying to help ensure Liverpool fans were not let in.

Saying that, there were plenty of Liverpool fans around me in Block W. Most were just quiet for the whole match but a couple of the more vocal ones were kicked out after the 3rd Liverpool goal had gone in.

On a more positive note there was a group of kids just to my left who I assume were on some kind of exchange. I assume they arrived as neutrals but they certainly left as converted palace fans. Singing along to the songs, jumping up and down and swinging scarfs about their heads.

In the club shop before the game there was a football team from Canada - I think Ottawa (prob about 14 yrs old) who were buying the whole shop! Kept going on about how great Crystal Palace were. Might be the same group.

cpfc2000
09-05-2014, 09:23 AM
In the club shop before the game there was a football team from Canada - I think Ottawa (prob about 14 yrs old) who were buying the whole shop! Kept going on about how great Crystal Palace were. Might be the same group.

Most of the season at E4, We had Lots of U18 Football clubs & Sunday teams from around the world.