PDA

View Full Version : Stewarding the Director's Box

Slimbloke'H'
07-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Not a question as such, so please bear with me.

The club's policy to restrict the away fans allocation to the 10% minimum requirement (which I wholeheartedly agree with) has resulted in an increase in the number of away fans using the Director's Box as an unofficial overspill area this season.

In the main this hasn't been a problem as such - although I find it a little irritating having to sit so close to away fans bouncing up and down after their team scores, however, the behaviour of the Liverpool fans towards the back on Monday night pushed well beyond what I feel is reasonably acceptable.

This resulted in tensions between these fans and the Palace at the back of block E of Stephenson's reaching boiling point, and to be honest, how it didn't escalate beyond a bit of 'handbags' across the rail separating the two blocks I'll never know.

Like the vast majority of us, I don't go to watch football with the intent of having a barney with the opposition's fans. In fact, for me, home games nowadays are mainly about getting my old mum (who will be 80 next season) to and from Selhurst with as little fuss as I can and then ensuring she enjoys the game as much as is possible. You (the club) now expect me to fork out over 600 nicker for the privilege of sitting near the half-way line so in return, I don't consider it too unreasonable to ask the club to ensure situations like this NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

Regards,

Howard

CPFC2010
07-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Not a question as such, so please bear with me.

The club's policy to restrict the away fans allocation to the 10% minimum requirement (which I wholeheartedly agree with) has resulted in an increase in the number of away fans using the Director's Box as an unofficial overspill area this season.

In the main this hasn't been a problem as such - although I find it a little irritating having to sit so close to away fans bouncing up and down after their team scores, however, the behaviour of the Liverpool fans towards the back on Monday night pushed well beyond what I feel is reasonably acceptable.

This resulted in tensions between these fans and the Palace at the back of block E of Stephenson's reaching boiling point, and to be honest, how it didn't escalate beyond a bit of 'handbags' across the rail separating the two blocks I'll never know.

Like the vast majority of us, I don't go to watch football with the intent of having a barney with the opposition's fans. In fact, for me, home games nowadays are mainly about getting my old mum (who will be 80 next season) to and from Selhurst with as little fuss as I can and then ensuring she enjoys the game as much as is possible. You (the club) now expect me to fork out over 600 nicker for the privilege of sitting near the half-way line so in return, I don't consider it too unreasonable to ask the club to ensure situations like this NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

Regards,

Howard

Hi Howard

I will pass these sentiments on to Chris Powlson who is in charge of corporate sales.

Most will have been guests of Palace sponsors but it does sound like we need to remind them of where they are seated, Presumably they were a little quieter towards the end of the game? ;-) Steve

HRP
07-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Steve if the directors box is sold out how do these people manage to get tickets anyway ?

Slimbloke'H'
07-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Thank you.

Perhaps we can discuss it over a pint on Saturday week.

CPFC2010
08-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Steve if the directors box is sold out how do these people manage to get tickets anyway ?

The directors box is sold out for season tickets but there are seats held back for corporate hospitality and sponsors. These packages sell at premium prices.

Halfwayline
08-05-2014, 01:02 PM
The front two rows of the Directors behind the Palace dug out was all Liverpool and they showed no respect, jumping around and swearing.