PDA

View Full Version : groundsman

croydonexile
07-05-2014, 06:03 PM
SP said in his palace radio interview that the head groundsman has left. Has he gone to another club (please not Bolton) or moved onto pastures new? Forgive the pun...

Will his replacement oversee the under soil heating and pitch replacement project or do an outside contractor take the lead in this ?

CPFC2010
08-05-2014, 08:56 AM
SP said in his palace radio interview that the head groundsman has left. Has he gone to another club (please not Bolton) or moved onto pastures new? Forgive the pun...

Will his replacement oversee the under soil heating and pitch replacement project or do an outside contractor take the lead in this ?

Yes the head groundsman, Mark Perrin, has left (but not to go to another football club).

Contractors are due to start work this week on the pitch - which involves digging down half a metre.

Norwich_Eagle
08-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Are we going to pinch the Groundsman from Wembley like we did the Shop Manager?

Grassboy
08-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Yes the head groundsman, Mark Perrin, has left (but not to go to another football club).

Contractors are due to start work this week on the pitch - which involves digging down half a metre.

I did eventually get to meet up with Mark by the way Steve, lovely fella that, as you say has stayed in the industry, just a different branch as it were! Spent a really interesting couple of hours with him at the training ground and met up with Gareth (?) his dep who I think has taken over?

I will be the bloke wandering down to the pitch side with my pint next week being nosey!

DW CPFC
08-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Are we looking at replacing tbe groundsman as the pitch was In immaculate condition compared to many?

CPFC2010
08-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Are we looking at replacing tbe groundsman as the pitch was In immaculate condition compared to many?

Gareth has taken over from Mark. I'm sure the excellent standard of this season will be maintained although it did help having a pretty mild winter with no snow and virtually no frost.

congress
08-05-2014, 04:04 PM
I messaged the hr department last time the job was advertised with a question.They did not get back to me.I see on the Palace website you are advertising again for a groundsman or is that an old ad?

stumpy feelers
08-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Can you tell the new groundsman to put up red and blue nets. Much appreciated.

Odds Against
08-05-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm sure the excellent standard of this season will be maintained although it did help having a pretty mild winter with no snow and virtually no frost.

Wouldn't the undersoil heating ensure this will also be the case going forward?

CPFC2010
09-05-2014, 06:51 AM
I messaged the hr department last time the job was advertised with a question.They did not get back to me.I see on the Palace website you are advertising again for a groundsman or is that an old ad?

I think there is a vacancy for a groundsman rather than head groundsman.

Contact for HR is karen.alford@cpfc.co.uk

art malice
09-05-2014, 06:55 AM

Was he turfed out?

andyocpfc
09-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Was he turfed out?

Unfair questions, he's hardly gonna grass him up now is he.

CPFC2010
09-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Unfair questions, he's hardly gonna grass him up now is he.

Sod joke next.

art malice
09-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Maybe he wanted some more cash and the club didn't fancy forking out

kabbott
09-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Was he turfed out?

Got a new job where he'll be raking it in.

art malice
09-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Got a new job where he'll be raking it in.

He must have done a really impressive pitch