PDA

View Full Version : Car Kit-Stickers

PeterK
07-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Remember when you used to see loads of cars locally with the kit stuck in their car window? Always brought a smile or a wave from other motorists. Made a sort of mobile community spirit knowing other CP fans were about and proud of it.

Can we not sell them in the club shop next season for a nominal amount? Or better still give them away free in the programme or at the turnstile?

CPFC2010
08-05-2014, 06:31 AM
Remember when you used to see loads of cars locally with the kit stuck in their car window? Always brought a smile or a wave from other motorists. Made a sort of mobile community spirit knowing other CP fans were about and proud of it.

Can we not sell them in the club shop next season for a nominal amount? Or better still give them away free in the programme or at the turnstile?

I'll ask Mike.

bigboy
08-05-2014, 06:39 AM

so agree,i travel up and down the country and love showing my team off,the team strip is always a fav :lux:

andy burton
08-05-2014, 07:34 AM
I still have all my old ones! :)

CPFC_Merch
08-05-2014, 07:59 AM
I was looking to run the mini kits for the car windows, along with all the other kit related items such as keyrings, badges etc I hadn't really considered car stickers but I can look into it. Mike

andy burton
08-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Mike - not stickers as such they were the plastic 'cling film' type that could be applied and removed.

Beanie
08-05-2014, 10:15 AM
While you're at it Mike, what about a similar sort of thing that sticks on the back of the kit? Used to be able to put that sort of thing on school files, note books etc. May be badges as well as kits. Sell at kids prices!

Theo88
08-05-2014, 12:44 PM
I have my Palace car sticker proudly displayed but unfortunately its the old badge, went into the club shop before the Liverpool game and they only had last seasons play off ones, not quite what I was looking for so would be great to see some new ones next season!

Halfwayline
08-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Since 95% if football fans don't support Palace you are just asking for you car to he keyed. Especially if driving to away games.

Barbara4003
08-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Since 95% if football fans don't support Palace you are just asking for you car to he keyed. Especially if driving to away games.

I've got a Palace sticker on my car and Crystal Palace F.C on my number plate and I drive to a lot of away games.

Never had a problem so far.

Nelson Muntz
08-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Those cling-film car stickers are lovely.
Subtle and classy.

bigboy
08-05-2014, 06:24 PM

Not in 25 yrs of working up and down the country :p

PeterK
09-05-2014, 04:18 PM

why is there ALWAYS someone here who has to make a negative comment about a positive thing? sigh

CPFC2010
10-05-2014, 07:13 AM
Nobody's ever keyed my car and I have a PALACE number plate

Penstone Eagle
10-05-2014, 07:16 AM
Brother in law had his car window smashed, it was the only car damaged and the only one displaying a Palace sticker, upset the locals I think.

CPFC2010
10-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Brother in law had his car window smashed, it was the only car damaged and the only one displaying a Palace sticker, upset the locals I think.

I'd probably leave the car at home if i was going to Brighton.

Eagle Mal
10-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Often thought about getting a CP related number plate but again worried about where I travelled with it, should be able to go anywhere without some idiot damaging it

PeterK
10-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Think this has digressed from the point of being able to be proud, show you support Palace to others and create a sense of community

Id hope they could be given away free. So the whole of South London was showing their colours

bigboy
10-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Think this has digressed from the point of being able to be proud, show you support Palace to others and create a sense of community

Id hope they could be given away free. So the whole of South London was showing their colours

:lux::lux::lux::p

silver
10-05-2014, 06:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FC8c12V.jpg. :p

drizzt
10-05-2014, 07:15 PM
The beauty of the cling film stickers was they were easily removed, so if parked in a dodgy area they were easily removed, and replaced later or moved from car to car etc.

I'd certainly have three for our cars!

Selhurst300
10-05-2014, 08:23 PM
My car has a "Crystal Palace: Pride of South London" sticker in the back window and I hope it will be safe in Barrow and Merseyside next week.

Forever Stripes
10-05-2014, 09:18 PM

I've had Palace stickers on my cars for possibly 20 years or more , often taking them away and never had a single problem. Not a mark on the car, never a rude gesture from any driver and I take the car everywhere.You can remove them however if you are ever worried. Have a friend living in the Brighton area with loads of palace stickers; again never any problem.

I'd love to update my old stickers however and hope we finally get some in the shop. (I remember many years ago they gave out a load free outside the ground and for years afterwards many people had them on their cars..

AJ's right boot
10-05-2014, 11:45 PM

Have to say i had stickers in my car and it got keyed. I was sure that was the reason so i had to take them off :(

KYLIE MINEAGLE
11-05-2014, 01:50 AM
Nobody's ever keyed my car and I have a PALACE number plate

Yeah but your chauffer is there to keep an eye on it surely.:o

Twilko
11-05-2014, 02:57 AM
They are called "static clings" and cost about 20p each when bought in bulk. Not just good for cars; I put one on my bedroom window as a kid and I think it's still there at my parent's house.

PoshPalace
11-05-2014, 07:11 PM
The best Palace car kits for fans driving to away games were always the fabric ones which were applied using a little suction cup - You could remove them when parking up for away grounds, but quickly stick them back on for journeys. They'd sell like hot cakes.