PDA

View Full Version : League Cup - 2014/15

RON GADD
08-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Steve, has any thought been given yet to next Season's League Cup only the First Round is before the start of the Prem Season?

August 11th Week and if I remember correctly last year Clubs were allowed to play on the Saturday prior to this and some did.

Those that didn't had already organised pre season games so were unable to change their fixtures.

Given that rumours are our Pitch work could over run and there may be no home friendlies pre-season is this perhaps something Palace could look at.

I believe the League Cup Draw is due on Monday 16th June.

Steve it's great to be asking this question before the end of this Prem Season.

CPFC2010
08-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Steve, has any thought been given yet to next Season's League Cup only the First Round is before the start of the Prem Season?

August 11th Week and if I remember correctly last year Clubs were allowed to play on the Saturday prior to this and some did.

Those that didn't had already organised pre season games so were unable to change their fixtures.

Given that rumours are our Pitch work could over run and there may be no home friendlies pre-season is this perhaps something Palace could look at.

I believe the League Cup Draw is due on Monday 16th June.

Steve it's great to be asking this question before the end of this Prem Season.

Hi Ron

The first round is w/c 5th August, which is all the FL clubs. As we are a Premier League Club we come in for the 2nd round w/c 26th August (includes all the PL teams not participating in Europe). All those in Europe come in for the 3rd round which is w/c 23 September.

Steve

RON GADD
12-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Steve, thanks for clarifying that, the reality of being a Prem Team hasn't perhaps sunk in yet for me because I was still on 'Championship Time'!