PDA

View Full Version : Premier 'B' League

LONDONMAN
08-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Steve, I know it's only a proposal at the moment, but what are your initial reactions to this plan?

I find it utterly, utterly ridiculous and if it goes ahead will crush football at a lower level - I hope, as Palace fans, none of us turn our back on where we came from and where so many of our greatest players started too, not to mention Yannick, Glenn, Dwight etc.

I still don't see why the old Football Combination idea of fielding a reserve side against other more local League clubs every week can't be resurrected, as the Development matches are obviously too few and far between to be of much use.

My idea would be to play a reserve game against our opponents in the Premier League on every matchday, so that we send the full squad out on that day or weekend, travelling at the same time, if it's on the road, playing the reserve game at a local available non-league ground or training pitch.

CPFC2010
08-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Steve, I know it's only a proposal at the moment, but what are your initial reactions to this plan?

I find it utterly, utterly ridiculous and if it goes ahead will crush football at a lower level - I hope, as Palace fans, none of us turn our back on where we came from and where so many of are greatest players started too, not to mention Yannick, Glenn, Dwight etc.

I still don't see why the old Football Combination idea of fielding a reserve side against other more local League clubs every week can't be ressurected, as the Development matches are obviously too few and far between to be of much use.

My idea would be to play a reserve game against our opponents in the Premier League on every matchday, so that we send the full squad out on that day or weekend, travelling at the same time, if it's on the road, playing the reserve game at a local available non-league ground or training pitch.

It's not something that we have discusssed yet. Personally I'd not be in favour of it if it meant that PL B teams were taking the place in the leagues of smaller clubs who have represented their local communities for 100 years or so.

Scoot
08-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Why dont they just stipulate a minimum of 8 English players on the pitch at one time?
They do it in ice hockey with GB players?

CPFC2010
08-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Why dont they just stipulate a minimum of 8 English players on the pitch at one time?
They do it in ice hockey with GB players?

I'm sure that would be illegal under EU employment law. And do you mean English or British?

quinn85
08-05-2014, 08:49 PM
I'm sure he means home grown