PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty Points Next Season

Red All Over
09-05-2014, 03:28 PM
So this seasons loyalty points were based on the loyalty shown in the championship season. For next season, will they be based on this season in the prem alone? That way it will give some of the new actually loyal supporters to stand a chance going to the big away days

CPFC2010
09-05-2014, 04:05 PM
So this seasons loyalty points were based on the loyalty shown in the championship season. For next season, will they be based on this season in the prem alone? That way it will give some of the new actually loyal supporters to stand a chance going to the big away days

We'll look at this during the Summer.

I expect that many BBS users would be pretty annoyed if we wiped off all the points they had gained before we reached the promised land.

webgard
09-05-2014, 05:00 PM
I just checked my loyalty points again. My season ticket points (kindly transferred by Pam who's always been very helpful) were there but my membership points for 12/13 were not included although some (but not all tickets) I bought in 12/13 was there.

When I saw it I thought maybe a decision is made to wipe out points from a certain point in Purchase History but if it's not the case then I need to get back to box office and see how it can be sorted- I can understand some of the tickets not reflected in the system (for example the ones I bought on the day) might not be reflected but some of the tickets which are included in my Purchase History, plus my membership are not included.

Nelson Muntz
09-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Surely those of us that went to Barnsley and Huddersfield should get more points than the 'actual new loyal supporters'.
You can't just roll up now we're in the Prem and expect to go to the big away games. We've been to all sorts of places waiting for the big days out. Now we're being rewarded for our long time loyalty and rightly so.

mart63
09-05-2014, 08:03 PM
I expect that many BBS users would be pretty annoyed if we wiped off all the points they had gained before we reached the promised land.

Very true, I think there should be some erosion of points, otherwise the rich just get richer and the rest are just waiting to fill dead mens shoes.

brb rule
09-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Not that it will effect me what ever way you do it as i am near the top but from chatting with friends most other clubs only use the current season and the previous one. Personally don't think its fair that a non season ticket holder from championship season would have to go to 25 extra away games to catch up and thats coming from a season ticket holder of 20 years plus.

crenoleagle
09-05-2014, 09:40 PM
We'll look at this during the Summer.

Please keep them!!! (Or keep a % of them)

James
10-05-2014, 06:54 AM
You should definitely keep points earned during the last Championship season. Indeed, there is an argument for suggesting that points earned last Season (and possibly the Season before that) should count double.

Penstone Eagle
10-05-2014, 07:02 AM
What about my 40 years worth of points ?

tasty_snacks
10-05-2014, 07:18 AM
You should definitely keep points earned during the last Championship season. Indeed, there is an argument for suggesting that points earned last Season (and possibly the Season before that) should count double.

Realistically James, there is a case to be made for all stances. Personally, I don't think it's a smart idea to go about blocking supporters who started following us home and away last, and this coming season, from obtaining tickets to the bigger matches by doubling points. We all started somewhere, right?

IMO the points system has broadly worked very well given it's the first year. Most gremlins have been ironed out as we've progressed, the biggest being misallocation of points, and fans have to take a little responsibility for rectifying that themselves by contacting the BO.

At the least however, once decided we should be undertaking a fairly comprehensive campaign to ensure as many people as possible are aware of the details of the points system. Any maybe we should change the name? Some are affronted by 'loyalty points' when they don't have enough.

Tristanjt
10-05-2014, 09:17 AM
I actually think that demand for (away) tickets might drop a little next season. I think a lot of fans have been to a lot of games on the basis that it might have been a one off opportunity. That said, Palace fans don't tend to be that fickle and ST sales for next season don't necessarily suggest that. I would certainly back points from the Championship initially being counted though.

As a non ST holding member, the only games where I haven't been able to get hold of tickets are London away days. That's fair enough as far as I'm concerned, but one potential solution is that maybe say 10% of any in demand away allocation could be put aside for a ballot for any fans that won't get near the required points? That said, might annoy some fans that fall short of the required points for said game.

charltonhater
10-05-2014, 10:44 AM
In addition to penalising newer / younger supporters, another problem with keeping points gained from the Championship season, is that a lot of people went to games (both home and away) and simply paid on the day, as at the beginning of the 2012-2013 season there were not aware that loyalty points/booking history would be introduced. Many people got tickets for Spurs + Arsenal away despite going to very few away games before simply because they always brought in advance from box office, whilst many who had been to far more games over the previous two season lost out through paying on the day.

I think points should be reduced / scrapped but rather than go by season, I suggest go by date. ( although not sure if this is possible)
Points gained end of season should last just as long time wise than those gained 6-8 months earlier at the start of season.
For example, if say two years from the date purchased points are worth the 'full amount' i.e. 20 per game, then the following two years they are worth "half amount" i.e 10 points,before being scrapped after 4 years
i.e. the 20 points a Charlton away ticket from the 2012-2013 season is currently worth would be halved to 10 points this September, but the 20 points a Millwall away ticket from same season is worth would not actually be halved until next April.

Oli28
10-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Some other teams do it so you keep your points year-on-year, but a percentage of it is taken off at the start of each new season to give new fans a chance of getting tickets to big games.

That said, Fulham, Spurs and Arsenal away matches have been the only ones which have actually required purchasers to be more than ST holders, isn't that right?

CPFC2010
10-05-2014, 11:52 AM
That said, Fulham, Spurs and Arsenal away matches have been the only ones which have actually required purchasers to be more than ST holders, isn't that right?

Yes, that's right. I think West Ham started at higher points but ended up lower.

eaglejez
10-05-2014, 11:54 AM
Most logical thing is to just keep it as it is. Keeps everyone happy

cdm61
10-05-2014, 12:29 PM

Exactly...:lux:

justjuice
10-05-2014, 12:31 PM
What would be the reasoning behind wiping points off?

mart63
10-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Lets just come up with a system where current loyalty is rewarded and future loyalty is encouraged it cant be that difficult.

aquickgame2
10-05-2014, 02:38 PM

WTF does that mean ?

Does that make us "Old not actually loyal supporters" but just so happened to turn up at Barnsley on a bloody wet,cold, Tuesday night or Huddersfield on a Wednesday night,last season.
Or try the season before at Barnsley was also on a bloody cold Tuesday night and many other cold away northern trips over the years.

Nah fck em,cos we got "new actually loyal supporters now"

JRLJamielin
10-05-2014, 04:36 PM
This is not a moany post because I really appreciate everything CPFC2010 have done for the club, and that the current system is required to get only true fans in the ground. BUT...

I am really struggling to get to games. I am a HUGE Palace fan, I've been going to games since I was 7 years old, including the 2004 play off final, but in the previous season, due to work commitments on Saturdays and in the last year, University, I have been unable to go to as many games. This is preventing me from gaining loyalty points and getting tickets to some of the bigger games like liverpool/man city which were one of the few games I have been back home from Uni for, and I can go to very few away games due to my lack of loyalty points.

I am just as loyal and dedicated as any season ticket holder, and it does upset me that I can't get tickets to watch my beloved Palace play. I study in Derby, and found myself going to Pride Park to watch a few games, and will continue to do so next season (premiership or not) but the atmosphere is dead compared to that at Selhurst, which is all the more reason why I like to come.

It isn't practical for me to blow a third of my student loan payment on a season ticket to get loyalty points when I can only get to about 8 home games a year, but because of my central location, getting to away games is far far easier, but nigh on impossible because I don't have enough loyalty points to purchase a ticket. Also, of the 8/9/10 home games I have been home for and able to attend, because of my loyalty points situation I have only been able to go to 3.

If this system is about loyalty, then really there are people out there, like me, who are loyal and struggle to see how the current system helps people in my situation at all.

That said I understand why the system is in place, to prevent any 'plastic' fan from just purchasing for one game and just sitting down and not cheering the boys on. However I ALWAYS cheer and chant and join in, I enjoy sitting/standing (when I do manage to get seats) in the 3rd Row, block Y or the Arthur and singing along with the HF (Who have done a marvellous job this year!) but because of this loyalty system I have only been able to attend 3 games this season, and not the 7 or 8 I could have done due to the loyalty points I haven't accrued.

Surely there is another way to allow genuine fans, that cannot commit themselves to a season ticket to get to some of the games, especially away ones which, because I study in Derby, I am more likely to be able to attend.

Thanks for reading, sorry If it comes across as moody or rash, but it's been my genuine thought all season. I miss going to as many games, going to Selhurst to watch Palace is a fantastic experience for me, it's something I really look forward to and I hope maybe in the future I can come to more games and maybe get a season ticket. In the meantime if there is a way of making the system better suit people in my situation, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks, and kind regards to all of CPFC2010

Jamie Lawrence

CPFC2010
10-05-2014, 05:26 PM
This is not a moany post because I really appreciate everything CPFC2010 have done for the club, and that the current system is required to get only true fans in the ground. BUT...

I am really struggling to get to games. I am a HUGE Palace fan, I've been going to games since I was 7 years old, including the 2004 play off final, but in the previous season, due to work commitments on Saturdays and in the last year, University, I have been unable to go to as many games. This is preventing me from gaining loyalty points and getting tickets to some of the bigger games like liverpool/man city which were one of the few games I have been back home from Uni for, and I can go to very few away games due to my lack of loyalty points.

I am just as loyal and dedicated as any season ticket holder, and it does upset me that I can't get tickets to watch my beloved Palace play. I study in Derby, and found myself going to Pride Park to watch a few games, and will continue to do so next season (premiership or not) but the atmosphere is dead compared to that at Selhurst, which is all the more reason why I like to come.

It isn't practical for me to blow a third of my student loan payment on a season ticket to get loyalty points when I can only get to about 8 home games a year, but because of my central location, getting to away games is far far easier, but nigh on impossible because I don't have enough loyalty points to purchase a ticket. Also, of the 8/9/10 home games I have been home for and able to attend, because of my loyalty points situation I have only been able to go to 3.

If this system is about loyalty, then really there are people out there, like me, who are loyal and struggle to see how the current system helps people in my situation at all.

That said I understand why the system is in place, to prevent any 'plastic' fan from just purchasing for one game and just sitting down and not cheering the boys on. However I ALWAYS cheer and chant and join in, I enjoy sitting/standing (when I do manage to get seats) in the 3rd Row, block Y or the Arthur and singing along with the HF (Who have done a marvellous job this year!) but because of this loyalty system I have only been able to attend 3 games this season, and not the 7 or 8 I could have done due to the loyalty points I haven't accrued.

Surely there is another way to allow genuine fans, that cannot commit themselves to a season ticket to get to some of the games, especially away ones which, because I study in Derby, I am more likely to be able to attend.

Thanks for reading, sorry If it comes across as moody or rash, but it's been my genuine thought all season. I miss going to as many games, going to Selhurst to watch Palace is a fantastic experience for me, it's something I really look forward to and I hope maybe in the future I can come to more games and maybe get a season ticket. In the meantime if there is a way of making the system better suit people in my situation, I sure would appreciate it.

Jamie Lawrence

Hi Jamie

We started using loyalty points for away games in London after many regular away supporters were upset that tickets for Chelsea sold out so fast (despite the high prices).

For the vast majority of our away games this season - and that included Liverpool, Man Utd and Man City - you didn't need loyalty points and in fact these matches didn't even sell out.

If you want to watch Palace away next season you won't have a problem getting tickets for most games but for those where there is more demand than supply then we are very proud to look after, in the first instance, those fans who attend the most games. I don't think that anyone could seriously argue against that.

Steve

JRLJamielin
10-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Hi Jamie

We started using loyalty points for away games in London after many regular away supporters were upset that tickets for Chelsea sold out so fast (despite the high prices).

For the vast majority of our away games this season - and that included Liverpool, Man Utd and Man City - you didn't need loyalty points and in fact these matches didn't even sell out.

If you want to watch Palace away next season you won't have a problem getting tickets for most games but for those where there is more demand than supply then we are very proud to look after first those fans who attend the most games. I don't think that anyone could seriously argue against that.

Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for responding.

I appreciate what you have said, and you are quite right to make sure only true fans can attend. I had no idea that those away games did not sell out so I need to get my facts right before I post here next time :P I will pay closer attention next season to some of the games and hopefully attend them. I think it is right to reward those who are most loyal to the club, it was just frustrating, especially with the Liverpool/Fulham games that I couldn't get a ticket. Obviously the demand is huge for that type of game so I can't really complain.

Thanks again for the honest response, and I appreciate the work you are all doing!

BBK
10-05-2014, 05:38 PM

Jamie Lawrence

So you're not 'really struggling to get to games' you just can't go to the London games.

All of these posts are bias to suit themselves but I'm sure if everyone forgot about themselves they'd all agree that there should be a points system for in demand games as those tickets should go to people who have shown loyalty by going to games consistently, rather than those living in their heads and claiming watching the Carling Cup semi final in a pub in Yorkshire with a Palace scarf on should get them a 1000 loyalty points.

I hope the points are kept from the Championship, and I look forward to going to the London away games next season that don't have ridiculous prices.

Thanks Steve for your seasons work on Palace tickets,

BBK
1800+ loyalty points.

JRLJamielin
10-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Loyalty points are not required for home games. Obviously there is the category A/B scheme but both the Liverpool and Man City games ended up being available to buy without a cat b game.

When it comes to away games I believe every non-London fixture went to general sale (to members) except for Cardiff. By my count that 32/38 games that, with a small outlay to become a member, you could have bought a ticket to this season.

Obviously everyone would love to go to arsenal or Chelsea away but that's the point. Everyone can't go so there has to be some kind of allocation system. What would you suggest replaces the current transparent and fair (excluding the Chelsea debacle) set up we have at the moment?

You are quite right with what you're saying, I was under the impression every away game was under the loyalty points scheme so I stand corrected. I was trying to think of a better way of doing the system after I posted, but could not think of anything better to be quite honest. I will do my research before I post on here lambasting the system next time

Eastern Boy
10-05-2014, 05:44 PM
Hi

Whilst I managed to get a few tickets for certain aways this season I wanted to attend, Everton, Stoke, West Brom & Norwich for me and my partner (I'm only a member, bit have been following Palace since 73), I did find a few games difficult to get 2 tickets-will it make it easier to get 2 memberships for next season. Am assuming it would?

CPFC2010
10-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Hi

Whilst I managed to get a few tickets for certain aways this season I wanted to attend, Everton, Stoke, West Brom & Norwich for me and my partner (I'm only a member, bit have been following Palace since 73), I did find a few games difficult to get 2 tickets-will it make it easier to get 2 memberships for next season. Am assuming it would?

Yes, it would. Same games will be limited to 1 ticket per member. Others will probably be on open sale - Burnley, Hull, Sunderland etc

Pistol Knight
10-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Surely those of us that went to Barnsley and Huddersfield should get more points than the 'actual new loyal supporters'.
You can't just roll up now we're in the Prem and expect to go to the big away games. We've been to all sorts of places waiting for the big days out. Now we're being rewarded for our long time loyalty and rightly so.

LOL

Well said Mr Muntz

Fareham_Eagle
11-05-2014, 08:16 AM

A simple but true post, the people that have been going across the country to the hell holes in previous years should now be rewarded for their efforts....

CPFC2010
11-05-2014, 08:23 AM
A simple but true post, the people that have been going across the country to the hell holes in previous years should now be rewarded for their efforts....

Absolutely.

Although I did have a decent pint in Huddersfield once.

Billyd
11-05-2014, 08:27 AM

Certainly the points from the Championship year should count again at least for another season. They are the blood of the club that have been coming week in week out. Should be we stay up a few more years, away demand will drop off and be less important but for this season at least it should count.

Overal the points system is a grest idea that has worked well. The only mistake at the moment for me is all games reward 20 points. How can going to Hull away or Everton away ona tuesday be the same points as going to Arsenal at home for example?! Any plans to change this from now?

davematt
11-05-2014, 10:36 AM
From my perspective, I'm always going to be playing catch up. I didn't have a ST last season (due to the finances of being able to afford the one off payment) but still managed to attend every home game. Unfortunately, I purchased at least 75% of these tickets on the day and they didn't get linked to my client ref.

I have 1480 points (which is pretty decent considering I missed a ST worth of loyalty points) but will again be in the same boat next season. For games likes Arsenal, Chelsea, the points required will be 1700 minimum going on the points required for today. There's no chance of me catching that up. It would like two more seasons at least (but I won't be able to get maximum points as some away games, I won't be able to go too!)

I think away tickets from last season should carry over, but not ST's. But that's obviously coming from someone who would benefit from that. But those loyal fans wouldn't be effected, as long as they've been a regular away fan the last two seasons, to which most probably have.

King William
11-05-2014, 05:28 PM
Absolutely.

Really? Other than bloody john smiths shite they sell?

Barbara4003
11-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Absolutely.

That pub that smelt of toilets and had some weird paper-maché things on the bar?

They did a very nice pork pie thing though :p

CPFC2010
11-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Certainly the points from the Championship year should count again at least for another season. They are the blood of the club that have been coming week in week out. Should be we stay up a few more years, away demand will drop off and be less important but for this season at least it should count.

Overal the points system is a grest idea that has worked well. The only mistake at the moment for me is all games reward 20 points. How can going to Hull away or Everton away ona tuesday be the same points as going to Arsenal at home for example?! Any plans to change this from now?

I agree with you but it's best to keep it as simple as possible - unless we dont give any points for London games.

CPFC2010
11-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Really? Other than bloody john smiths shite they sell?

Not in the ground!

CPFC2010
11-05-2014, 10:33 PM
That pub that smelt of toilets and had some weird paper-maché things on the bar?

They did a very nice pork pie thing though :p

The Grove.

Great little pub but I hope it's a long time before I go there again.

scro
12-05-2014, 06:35 AM
I agree with you but it's best to keep it as simple as possible - unless we dont give any points for London games.

The problem with that of course is it starts becoming subjective. Personally distance hasn't ever really been the issue for me. Not sure I would deserve more points for going to hull over say west brom simply because my personal life meant travelling to that game was more possible on the date the fixture computer churned out.

Sir.S.C Remembered
12-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Seeing all the tourists at Fulham made points seem a good idea.

Braintree Eagle
12-05-2014, 12:17 PM
From my perspective, I'm always going to be playing catch up. I didn't have a ST last season (due to the finances of being able to afford the one off payment) but still managed to attend every home game. Unfortunately, I purchased at least 75% of these tickets on the day and they didn't get linked to my client ref.

I have 1480 points (which is pretty decent considering I missed a ST worth of loyalty points) but will again be in the same boat next season. For games likes Arsenal, Chelsea, the points required will be 1700 minimum going on the points required for today. There's no chance of me catching that up. It would like two more seasons at least (but I won't be able to get maximum points as some away games, I won't be able to go too!)

I think away tickets from last season should carry over, but not ST's. But that's obviously coming from someone who would benefit from that. But those loyal fans wouldn't be effected, as long as they've been a regular away fan the last two seasons, to which most probably have.

I am in exactly the same boat, on exactly the same points total as well. I feel we are being punished for simply not purchasing tickets from the BO when it was easier to just pay on the gate, for both home and away games. At the time, the need for loyalty points was not made clear as the scheme had not even been thought of. I think it's unfair that we are being penalised for not participating in a scheme before it was even announced. It would be much fairer to start the points totals from when the importance of the scheme was made clear not retrospectively.
At the moment, the loyalty points scheme does not reward the most loyal fans as is commonly stated, it just rewards the most loyal fans who made all their purchases through the BO.

jarrad
12-05-2014, 02:09 PM
I am in exactly the same boat, on exactly the same points total as well. I feel we are being punished for simply not purchasing tickets from the BO when it was easier to just pay on the gate, for both home and away games. At the time, the need for loyalty points was not made clear as the scheme had not even been thought of. I think it's unfair that we are being penalised for not participating in a scheme before it was even announced. It would be much fairer to start the points totals from when the importance of the scheme was made clear not retrospectively.
At the moment, the loyalty points scheme does not reward the most loyal fans as is commonly stated, it just rewards the most loyal fans who made all their purchases through the BO.

Yep, I'm another one of those people, and despite missing 5 home games last season, I think I only got points for four! I totally understand that for many matches demand would exceed supply and some system probably was needed to avoid a mad scramble for tickets in some games. I feel that scrapping the points altogether would be a little unfair on those who went (and bought their tickets from the box office) last season, although the aforementioned anomaly that has been brought to attention should, I feel, be amended. Halving the importance of loyalty points from last season would be a fair compromise I suggest.

bhcp
12-05-2014, 02:20 PM
A few thoughts regarding loyalty points-

I've had a season ticket for 25 seasons since the age of 8, apart from our last season in the championship when work commitments meant I had a half season ticket. I've visited over 60 grounds, most of them lower league and far flung. But that half season without a season ticket means I've little chance when the big games come along. It seems a bit unfair that someone who's only been going 3 years gets priority. That said, I can't really think of an alternative to the scheme, so I'm making a point rather than sulking!

Also, at some point there has to be a wipe of loyalty points to allow youngsters to get a go? I know when I was young and stupid I'd have travelled anywhere, but I can't see how they will get a look in. Maybe a certain amount of away tickets could be held back and put in a ballot?

Anyway, congratulations and well done on a great season:p

King William
12-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Also, at some point there has to be a wipe of loyalty points to allow youngsters to get a go? I know when I was young and stupid I'd have travelled anywhere, but I can't see how they will get a look in.

how many games this season did the "youngsters" or anyone else who REALLY wanted a ticket miss out on? Fulham / arse / chelski only I reckon?

most of the others didn't sell out and those that did were only sale for a decent amount of time. majority of games people with zero away games this or last season would have got a ticket if they REALLY wanted one?

Braintree Eagle
12-05-2014, 05:00 PM
how many games this season did the "youngsters" or anyone else who REALLY wanted a ticket miss out on? Fulham / arse / chelski only I reckon?

most of the others didn't sell out and those that did were only sale for a decent amount of time. majority of games people with zero away games this or last season would have got a ticket if they REALLY wanted one?

But it's the fact of not getting the Arse/Fulham/Spurs games that we are talking about! We got tickets for the others that didn't sell out, hence we still have a respectable amount of loyalty points despite accruing very few from last season. Trips this season to the likes of Hull and midweek to Everton show my type of fan but yet I don't get a look in for London derbies all through a system that required tickets to be bought in a certain way before that information was announced. So my trips to the likes of Hull (night game after 6 hour M1 nightmare) and Sheff Wed etc last season don't count for anything because I paid on the day. Or come to that most of my trips to home games last year as well.
The loyalty points system works is the best way of distributing limited tickets to the most deserving of fans. My only issue is that the points should be recognised only from the point onwards when the scheme was announced and it was made clear to everyone that tickets need to be booked through the BO in order to be in the hat for popular London derbies the following season.

Barcelona B Fan
12-05-2014, 05:19 PM

I've had a season ticket for 25 seasons since the age of 8, apart from our last season in the championship when work commitments meant I had a half season ticket. I've visited over 60 grounds, most of them lower league and far flung. But that half season without a season ticket means I've little chance when the big games come along. It seems a bit unfair that someone who's only been going 3 years gets priority. That said, I can't really think of an alternative to the scheme, so I'm making a point rather than sulking!

Also, at some point there has to be a wipe of loyalty points to allow youngsters to get a go? I know when I was young and stupid I'd have travelled anywhere, but I can't see how they will get a look in. Maybe a certain amount of away tickets could be held back and put in a ballot?

That's they way to go Steve, say 500 tickets :)

Al From Bromley
12-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Do loyalty points buy you something, like Nectar or Club Cards? I dunno, a Palace mug or something? Or are they just punter ratings?

herts_palace
12-05-2014, 06:40 PM
How about not awarding loyalty points at all for the big(likely to be over subscribed) away games?

That would mean that supporters that don't get a ticket will not fall behind others who do. Also it may just reduce demand slightly for the big games and increase demand slightly for the other away games.

Stanzerman
13-05-2014, 11:53 AM

Not worth a light mate. Its obvious that the real loyal supporters, the pensioners who have mostly supported Palace all their lives are well out of favour and the HF are quite rightly the flavour of the month. CPFC 2010 made this quite clear when they upped the price of next years OAP season tickets by 28%, the biggest increase across the board by far. Having said that, I have the utmost respect for CPFC2010 , they have saved the club, it is their club and they can do what they like. I understand that a business must maximise its revenue streams wherever it can Steve, but dont you think that squeezing an extra hundred quid out of people that have supported the club all their lives is a bit shabby?
But what an absolutely brilliant season!!!

xchurcheagle
13-05-2014, 12:55 PM
I think for next season there needs to be a clearer distinction between the further away games.

A trip away to the likes of newcastle etc should recieve more points than say a hop across London.

Nothing drastic but something to show the difference.

Odds Against
13-05-2014, 01:08 PM
How about not awarding loyalty points at all for the big(likely to be over subscribed) away games?

That would mean that supporters that don't get a ticket will not fall behind others who do. Also it may just reduce demand slightly for the big games and increase demand slightly for the other away games.

Good idea Mr Smith. Any game that sells out = no points awarded.......?

CPFC2010
13-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Not worth a light mate. Its obvious that the real loyal supporters, the pensioners who have mostly supported Palace all their lives are well out of favour and the HF are quite rightly the flavour of the month. CPFC 2010 made this quite clear when they upped the price of next years OAP season tickets by 28%, the biggest increase across the board by far. Having said that, I have the utmost respect for CPFC2010 , they have saved the club, it is their club and they can do what they like. I understand that a business must maximise its revenue streams wherever it can Steve, but dont you think that squeezing an extra hundred quid out of people that have supported the club all their lives is a bit shabby?
But what an absolutely brilliant season!!!

I wouldn't say that older supporters (such as me and you) are out of favour but yes, I'd be the first to say that CPFC2010's priority has been to get young people into the stadium as they are the future of the club. We inherited an ageing fan base when we took over. The club has given away free tickets to under 10's, huge discounts to under 18's and smaller discounts to 18-21 year olds and students. The younger generation have certainly benefitted more from our ownership than the older generation, that is true.

But....this season our OAP supporters have enjoyed a sensational year of Premier League football at really low prices (from £199 in the Whitehorse, £240 in Lower and Upper Holmesdale and the Arthur and £320 in the Main Stand).

Yes, the prices have gone up for 2014/2015 but they are still low by Premier League standards. I think you'd have to agree that the world class sporting entertainment that the club is now providing is pretty good value for money.

BaldEagle96
13-05-2014, 03:19 PM
I think for next season there needs to be a clearer distinction between the further away games.

A trip away to the likes of newcastle etc should recieve more points than say a hop across London.

So for people living oop north they get more points for attending games just down the road than people travelling from down south? One persons gain is always going to be another persons loss whatever happens!

Why not just leave it as it is and get on with it?

redandblue
13-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Chelsea have almost all away season ticket holders but put 200 tickets aside for every away game for under 16s and a parent or guardian. As I have a 4 year old that only missed one day time kick off this year, sorts all the people in a room/school even church into palace and brighton I am sorted so please introduce this Steve:)

Gathers54
13-05-2014, 08:49 PM

Why should they be wiped? The only people on that bandwagon are the people, admittedly like yourself, who didn't have a season ticket prior to promotion and therefore are behind others in loyalty points. On the few away games i went to this season, i see the same loyal supporters on the coach each and every time, these are the people who travel regardless and therefore should not be disadvantaged because a 'more' casual fan wants to go to an away game.

As for the youngsters not getting to go, that is also crap. I went to the Fulham game and there were a lot of kids in attendance with their family. Any child that has a season ticket will accrue points like anyone else will and therefore will be in with a shout of getting a ticket. Lets not start neglecting the adults because the club want to attract the kids, after all its the adults who bring the kids and if not now, will do in the future. I know i will when my son gets older, a bit young for only 8 months though he kitted out already :)

If you wish to catch the people who have higher loyalty points then go to more away games or get an away season ticket, then the points will be meaningless anyway as you will get priority. There are many people pulling away from me on loyalty points but i will continue to get whatever away tickets i can and go to them when i can but will not moan because i cannot get a ticket. Any one getting a ticket before me clearly deserves it.

ChuckMcBalls
13-05-2014, 09:48 PM

Think this is probably the best idea to appease everyone, and this is coming from someone with 1900 points (ish).

A lot of people have given laughable reasons so far, see the 'new loyal supporters' comment which is somewhat of an oxymoron. Not giving out loyalty points to games where only those with the highest loyalty points can attend will help prevent this 'closed loop' and eventually allow the true other loyal supporters to catch up - granted it may take them time and hard work, but isnt that the very definition of loyalty?

cjcpfc
13-05-2014, 11:51 PM
Chelsea have almost all away season ticket holders but put 200 tickets aside for every away game for under 16s and a parent or guardian. As I have a 4 year old that only missed one day time kick off this year, sorts all the people in a room/school even church into palace and brighton I am sorted so please introduce this Steve:)

I agree... I dont have kids myself yet! But I would like something like this when that time comes.

Subsidised Away ticket/travel if taking a child under 16?

Shes_So_Palace
14-05-2014, 05:17 AM

I had a season ticket for 9 years then my children came along and that meant I couldn't go. I've now got a season ticket again and with my children. Based on your view, there is almost now no possibility of me being able to take one or both of my children to an away game.

EagleMark
14-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Whilst I don't doubt some genuine fans stories it's amazing how many people I know who couldn't go to Palace in the championship because of 'work commitments' are now able to go to premier league games and now moan about not getting tickets to maybe the 5 away games this season that went to loyalty points. 14 away games went on general sale and west ham went low on points. Leave it as it is Steve

xchurcheagle
14-05-2014, 08:53 AM
Good point, for the 7 years i lived up north i went to as many northern away games as possible, now im back down south it is a greater distance but that is down to personal circumstance.

The only way would be to see from peoples postcodes, with a feature in the booking software, but how feasible that would be is another matter.

CPFC2010
14-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Whilst I don't doubt some genuine fans stories it's amazing how many people I know who couldn't go to Palace in the championship because of 'work commitments' are now able to go to premier league games and now moan about not getting tickets to maybe the 5 away games this season that went to loyalty points. 14 away games went on general sale and west ham went low on points. Leave it as it is Steve

Exactly. You can buy tickets to the vast majority of our away games without loyalty points. It's only 4 or 5 where you may need points.

GreatGonzo
14-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Steve, is it correct that no match outside the M25 was on loyalty points and only 3 of the 5 inside the M25 did need loyalty points?

CPFC2010
14-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Steve, is it correct that no match outside the M25 was on loyalty points and only 3 of the 5 inside the M25 did need loyalty points?

Arsenal, Spurs and Fulham needed loyalty points.

West Ham needed them but they were pretty low.

Chelsea should have had them and will do next season.

Southampton might have them next season.

QPR will do if they are promoted.

Others unlikely as nothing in the North or Midlands sold out this season.

GreatGonzo
14-05-2014, 10:18 AM

In which case can ST holders with the postcode of the away game get priority? ;) Making the 150 mile round trip to Selhurst for home games would be very frustrating not to make one 4.5 miles away (will hopefully have enough points but.....)

saxoneagle
14-05-2014, 10:44 AM

But we're the best fans in the country :afro:

Gathers54
14-05-2014, 11:03 AM

Exactly. Anyone was in with a chance of getting a ticket to all but 4 or 5 games where loyalty points came into effect. Therefore it's pretty obvious that people with kids could have got tickets to any of of the remaining 14 or so away games. Did they try? Probably not.

All I see in this thread is people complaining how they cannot get tickets to take their kids etc because of the loyalty points which would indicate they want to go to the games listed above. Typical.

I fully respect the club for doing their up most to attract the youngsters and they have gone a long way to do so but people seem to use that card where they can to get their own way.

If every away game was decided by loyalty points then I could understand some of the concerns but it's not and until it is, please leave it as it is.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Joe.L
14-05-2014, 11:12 AM

This, for me, sums up the one problem with the current system. The ones who did attend the games in the North or Midlands should be the ones who get the first dibs on the big London games, but sadly this is not currently always the case.

Supporters who are willing to travel and support the team regardless of opposition, should be rewarded over supporters who have had season tickets for the last 3 seasons who are only willing to have an afternoon out at the Emirates or Stamford Bridge. Their season tickets prove these fans are all very loyal Palace fans, but could hardly be classed as loyal away fans.

This is just a thought, as well as the current point system maybe categorise away games so that you can only purchase category A tickets if you have purchased at least the same number of category B tickets?

Tomo
14-05-2014, 11:40 AM
This, for me, sums up the one problem with the current system. The ones who did attend the games in the North or Midlands should be the ones who get the first dibs on the big London games, but sadly this is not currently always the case.

Supporters who are willing to travel and support the team regardless of opposition, should be rewarded over supporters who have had season tickets for the last 3 seasons who are only willing to have an afternoon out at the Emirates or Stamford Bridge. Their season tickets prove these fans are all very loyal Palace fans, but could hardly be classed as loyal away fans.

This is just a thought, as well as the current point system maybe categorise away games so that you can only purchase category A tickets if you have purchased at least the same number of category B tickets?

but the current system does that already? To go to the London games you'd have had to attend less glamorous games over the last couple of years to be legible.

The system works fine. The only people who don't think it works well are those who "have supported Palace all my life but can't go to away games that are a bit of hassle but would LOVE to go to Arsenal."

CPFC2010
14-05-2014, 02:35 PM
but the current system does that already? To go to the London games you'd have had to attend less glamorous games over the last couple of years to be legible.

The system works fine. The only people who don't think it works well are those who "have supported Palace all my life but can't go to away games that are a bit of hassle but would LOVE to go to Arsenal."

Can't argue with this.

Mr Bo Jangles
14-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Can't argue with this.

I now have more than enough loyalty points to go to all games but still think the system is unfair for several reasons but the main one being that those already have enough points will next seaso have the opportunity to gain 100-120 more points than those who don't have them meaning the have nots are very unlikely to accumulate enough points to catch up. It's an elite club that is impossible to join.

GreatGonzo
14-05-2014, 03:11 PM
I now have more than enough loyalty points to go to all games but still think the system is unfair for several reasons but the main one being that those already have enough points will next seaso have the opportunity to gain 100-120 more points than those who don't have them meaning the have nots are very unlikely to accumulate enough points to catch up. It's an elite club that is impossible to join.

Tickets were available for 15 of the away games this season without points and WHU went so low on points a ST was about all that was needed. Hardly an elite club to join.

grantyg
14-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Only if they go to all away games

Beanie
14-05-2014, 03:17 PM

Based on what has been said there will be 12 or 13 games where loyalty points will be earned but not needed, so the current "have-nots" will have a chance to build up their points. It might take a number of seasons of the less glamorous nights at (with due respect) Hull and Burnley to build up the points - but how do you think the current "haves" built up theirs? Loyalty points are for, well, loyalty and that's a long term thing. Really can't see the problem. (Although the couple of hundred "kids with escorts" sounds a good idea if it can be policed right)

eaglejez
14-05-2014, 03:27 PM

YOU HAVE TO GIVE PRIORITY TO THOSE THAT HAD STS AND WENT AWAY IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP - CAN WE PLEASE STOP GOING OVER THE SAME OLD GROUND !!!!

dartfordeagle
14-05-2014, 03:42 PM

Agreed, I am in total agreement with the way the loyalty scheme works but at some point the points gained in the championship will have to be wiped off. I am lucky that this season is the first time for years I have been in a position to have a season ticket and attend away matches (7 including Sunderland, Cardiff and WBA) and will be doing the same next year. I didn't expect to get tickets for the popular games this season and I won't for next but it would be good to have the opportunity in the future to catch up.

Mr Bo Jangles
14-05-2014, 03:53 PM
YOU HAVE TO GIVE PRIORITY TO THOSE THAT HAD STS AND WENT AWAY IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP - CAN WE PLEASE STOP GOING OVER THE SAME OLD GROUND !!!!

No need to shout, we are all entitled to an opinion and looking at other clubs policies there are clearly alternatives which should be examined, I suspect the vociferously against change are those that want to protect their ability to have unrestricted access to tickets of their choice.

McpfcS
14-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Tickets were available for 15 of the away games this season without points and WHU went so low on points a ST was about all that was needed. Hardly an elite club to join.

Good I feel v comfortable in my elite club and don't want anyone else to join.

Barbara4003
14-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Why don't those people who think they are missing out on certain games just buy an Away Season Ticket?

Or just stop complaining about a system that the majority are happy with and seems to work quite well.

CPFC2010
14-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Why don't those people who think they are missing out on certain games just buy an Away Season Ticket?

Or just stop complaining about a system that the majority are happy with and seems to work quite well.

Yep, anyone who feels hard done by is welcome to get an away "season ticket" and be guaranteed a seat at every game. But if you just want a ticket for Spurs and Arsenal you have to accept that the club must look after regular away fans first..

Gathers54
14-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Agreed, I am in total agreement with the way the loyalty scheme works but at some point the points gained in the championship will have to be wiped off. I am lucky that this season is the first time for years I have been in a position to have a season ticket and attend away matches (7 including Sunderland, Cardiff and WBA) and will be doing the same next year. I didn't expect to get tickets for the popular games this season and I won't for next but it would be good to have the opportunity in the future to catch up.

I dont think they should be wiped because people didn't have a season ticket in the championship and wish to catch up. That's the whole point of a loyalty system. It was set up for that whole reason, to reward the regulars rather than the people who wanted to watch PL only and decided to come back.

In fact many of those people who couldn't get a championship season ticket when the club was running at a loss, propbably wouldn't have one now If we were not in the PL. It's true that people move goal posts to be able to manage to get a PL season ticket but clearly didn't in the Championship.

If I stop going then people will catch me anyway and I will fall behind in priority. If I continue to go as I will, then I should be rewarded with points as should anyone else that supports the club regularly.

I have points for 3 years of season tickets, a couple of championship away games, play offs and the lazio friendly (I think) and still managed to get tickets to go to United, Arsenal and Fulham away. There are far more hardcore fans than me but should we wipe their points... No.

The only away game I would have been disappointed had I missed out would have been Fulham as it was the last game. If I could not get a ticket to one game in particular then I would have opted for a different game, as I will next season when I will try to go to different grounds.

Dorking .Eagle
14-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Leave it as it is. If you put in the miles, you may not rise to the absolute very top, but you will get into the top 3000 points holders, which is high enough to get Arsenal, Spurs etc away tickets. Not many people go to all the away games - look at the numbers we took to Hull, Swansea, Everton, Bristol City etc.

Or as Babs says just get an away S/T and be guaranteed the whole lot.

Pint
14-05-2014, 09:07 PM
I don't agree with the current system (may do if CPFC confirm that points don't roll over for years - I mean, Christ, just because you were one of the 79 at Barnsley last season, you should get priority for the next 20 in the Premiership, crazy. I take the point that you should this season, and possibly next, but not forever).

Rather than moan too much, I went to the games I wanted to, namely West Brom, Man U and Arsenal, I just had to sit with the Arsenal fans at the latter.

The club has to prioritise tickets somehow, and we cant all be pleased. Regardless of the system, loyalty points, ballot, first come, whatever, CPFC will be in the wrong in someones eyes.

wrightchipvcfc
14-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Depending on how fixtures come out suppose first 5 away were saints arsenal spurs Leicester and Chelsea what's to stop someone sighning up for away st then when the system has served it purpose you have got the high demand games then just pull out and go back to buying as and when you want to go or if 2000 buy away st that won't leave many for even fans with high loyalty points

Oli28
14-05-2014, 10:41 PM
The club has to prioritise tickets somehow, and we cant all be pleased. Regardless of the system, loyalty points, ballot, first come, whatever, CPFC will be in the wrong in someones eyes.
Usually in the eyes of a person who didn't have a ST before we got to the Premier League...

CPFC2010
14-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Depending on how fixtures come out suppose first 5 away were saints arsenal spurs Leicester and Chelsea what's to stop someone sighning up for away st then when the system has served it purpose you have got the high demand games then just pull out and go back to buying as and when you want to go or if 2000 buy away st that won't leave many for even fans with high loyalty points

Nothing like 2000 will buy away season tickets. Only 380 did this season.

If anyone buys an away season ticket and fails to honour the payments they'd be banned from buying any more tickets so I cant see anyone doing that.

crenoleagle
15-05-2014, 01:27 AM
It shouldn't be easy to 'catch up'. It is possible to catch up if you show enough loyalty to follow Palace to most of the games that don't need loyalty points for a few seasons. This is fair enough as it should take quite a bit of hard work to overtake those of us that were travelling around the country in the Championship.

Beanie
15-05-2014, 07:33 AM
I don't agree with the current system (may do if CPFC confirm that points don't roll over for years - I mean, Christ, just because you were one of the 79 at Barnsley last season, you should get priority for the next 20 in the Premiership, crazy. I take the point that you should this season, and possibly next, but not forever). Why should they lose them (and I'm not one of them). It's a loyalty scheme and it took vastly more loyalty to one of the "79 at Barnsley" than it took to attend a few Premier League games. I don't think loyalty should "expire".

Rather than moan too much, I went to the games I wanted to, namely West Brom, Man U and Arsenal, I just had to sit with the Arsenal fans at the latter.

Braintree Eagle
15-05-2014, 08:30 AM
I dont think they should be wiped because people didn't have a season ticket in the championship and wish to catch up. That's the whole point of a loyalty system. It was set up for that whole reason, to reward the regulars rather than the people who wanted to watch PL only and decided to come back.

In fact many of those people who couldn't get a championship season ticket when the club was running at a loss, propbably wouldn't have one now If we were not in the PL. It's true that people move goal posts to be able to manage to get a PL season ticket but clearly didn't in the Championship.

If I stop going then people will catch me anyway and I will fall behind in priority. If I continue to go as I will, then I should be rewarded with points as should anyone else that supports the club regularly.

I have points for 3 years of season tickets, a couple of championship away games, play offs and the lazio friendly (I think) and still managed to get tickets to go to United, Arsenal and Fulham away. There are far more hardcore fans than me but should we wipe their points... No.

The only away game I would have been disappointed had I missed out would have been Fulham as it was the last game. If I could not get a ticket to one game in particular then I would have opted for a different game, as I will next season when I will try to go to different grounds.

Herein lies my particular issue. Gathers, I'm sure you are an all round 'Good Egg' but you have managed to get tickets for London away games that I haven't been able to get a look in, despite you hardly attending any away games over the last couple of years. Yes, you had a ST in our last Championship season that I didn't have. But yet I probably paid more money to the club than you did as I paid on the day for almost all of the home games. All the aways was the same. Why book through Palace and wait for the tickets to arrive in the post etc when you could just buy on the day? (apart from the rare exception of the scum).

Should I have got a ST? At the time.. no, because there was no need..tickets were available on a game by game basis but now we know that games that I paid for on the day 2+ years ago, before a loyalty points scheme was ever thought of, would need to be recorded in order for me to get a ticket for a London away game in 2015 then absolutely... yes I should have done.

Look.... whatever..It's obvious that for next season I am still not considered loyal enough to attend London games. I will still be going to the NE on consecutive weekends, still go to Everton on a midweek night, still rattle around in the Hull away end with the other 1200 fans.., similar to what I have been doing for the last 28 years in fact, all safe in the knowledge that fans that attended ''a couple of championship away games'' and had a ST last year have priority over me for next years games.

The loyalty point scheme is fine. I agree with it in principle. We have to have a system in place to distribute tickets. But, IMO, it is unfair on those who are just as loyal, just as dedicated but who didn't book through the 'official channels' last season. Loyalty points should only be in effect from the point that everyone was made aware of their importance to get tickets for future games.

Braintree Eagle
15-05-2014, 08:36 AM
It shouldn't be easy to 'catch up'. It is possible to catch up if you show enough loyalty to follow Palace to most of the games that don't need loyalty points for a few seasons. This is fair enough as it should take quite a bit of hard work to overtake those of us that were travelling around the country in the Championship.

I travelled around the country in the last Champoinship season. Just as I did the season before that, and the one before that, oh, and the one before that etc etc............ But i'm not enough of a fan to go to Arsenal next year mind.

Joe.L
15-05-2014, 09:22 AM
Those who are in the "elite" group and have the most points need to remember that there are genuine reasons why loyal away supporters may be missing a home season ticket or half a season and it is these points that are really hard to make up.

However I have thought about it loads and can't really come up with a better system, apart from tweaking the current point system by awardng more points for certain away games or no points for certain "big" games. I would have no problem with the current system if we sold out our allocations every week, but we don't. For me the 800 that went to Hull are far more "loyal" than the 3000 who went to Arsenal yet they are rewarded with the same amount of points.

BaldEagle96
15-05-2014, 11:28 AM
I travelled around the country in the last Champoinship season. Just as I did the season before that, and the one before that, oh, and the one before that etc etc............ But i'm not enough of a fan to go to Arsenal next year mind.

Easy answer. Buy an away season ticket!! Problem sorted!!

Beanie
15-05-2014, 12:00 PM

By your own admission you chose not to use the "official channels". Your choice and perfectly legitimate - but how do the club know you did all this? You could be making the whole thing up just to get to Arsenal next season. Now, I'm not suggesting you are, but "booking history", client numbers etc are not new. They were important as far back as the Cardiff Play Off final if not earlier and are used not only to deal with limited away tickets but to make sure that away fans don't buy up home tickets at Selhurst. It's your choices that have left you in this position not anything the club have done, the club can't tailor schemes to allow for each individual fan's historic preferences. They can only hope to find a scheme which is the most fair to the most fans. In any scheme like this somebody will miss out.

Oli28
15-05-2014, 12:44 PM
If you had a ST that year, and one every following year, plus went to a very small amount of away games then you'll be fine.

xchurcheagle
15-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Can't remember Is there currently a difference in points for a home or away game?

Southampton away - was there massive demand this season which outstriped supply?

I can see where some people are coming from in the respect that if you happened to by tickets in the past few seasons on the door or say for instance you used to use a different booking account to buy tickets e.g parent or family member those points would not have counted.

I do think it is important to discuss this, maybe looking at other clubs models there may be a better alternative that has not yet been explored.

Whatever your opinion the main thing is that we continue to have a great support for Palace away and never become a tourist club.

danpalace07
15-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Those who are in the "elite" group and have the most points need to remember that there are genuine reasons why loyal away supporters may be missing a home season ticket or half a season and it is these points that are really hard to make up.

However I have thought about it loads and can't really come up with a better system, apart from tweaking the current point system by awardng more points for certain away games or no points for certain "big" games. I would have no problem with the current system if we sold out our allocations every week, but we don't. For me the 800 that went to Hull are far more "loyal" than the 3000 who went to Arsenal yet they are rewarded with the same amount of points.

Categories of away games? While there will be some arguments over whether (for example) Southampton is Cat A or B and the exact points given, it seems fairer than the current system

Mr Bo Jangles
16-05-2014, 05:59 AM
If you had a ST that year, and one every following year, plus went to a very small amount of away games then you'll be fine.

No you wouldn't because those who already qualify can collect 80-100. Points more than any other fans making it almost impossible to catch up. irrespective of how many away games you go to. And for those who already have enough points saying well just buy an away season ticket,for most that is cost prohibitive, Father and son two season tickets £1000, two away season tickets £1200, travelling home and away for two circa £2000, add ons, meals programmes, time off work etc probably £300 = £4500,lot of money for most families and a large penalty for not buying a season ticket in 2011 when there was no loyalty points system in place and they didn't know they were meant to be collecting points.

Beanie
16-05-2014, 07:47 AM
No you wouldn't because those who already qualify can collect 80-100. Points more than any other fans making it almost impossible to catch up. irrespective of how many away games you go to. And for those who already have enough points saying well just buy an away season ticket,for most that is cost prohibitive, Father and son two season tickets £1000, two away season tickets £1200, travelling home and away for two circa £2000, add ons, meals programmes, time off work etc probably £300 = £4500,lot of money for most families and a large penalty for not buying a season ticket in 2011 when there was no loyalty points system in place and they didn't know they were meant to be collecting points.
You will catch up - but it take years just as those in that position have taken years. Each season some of the "regulars" will be forced to drop out for all sorts of reasons and their "place" will be available, if you've built up the points. "Loyalty points" as a term may have appeared in 2011 - but the process of "booking history" is much older. I had to prove I had a "history" to get a ticket for the 1990 Cup Final.

herts_palace
16-05-2014, 10:39 AM
I think the system as it stands is pretty good and although some will lose out it's a lot fairer than first come first served.

If we are to tweek it then I think that eventually previous seasons points should count for less but not be wiped until a few years have passed. How about counting the last 2 years fully, and say count 50% for the year before that and 25% the year before that? That way new supporters can eventually catch up but loyalty is still rewarded.

Another suggestion is that if watching Palace at Hull is more "loyal" than watching us at Arsenal how about allocating 50,000 points per away match and dividing them up between the Palace supporters? That way supporters attending a popular game would get a lot less than the 1000 that turned up at Burnley - who might get treble the Arsenal points.

Probably makes it too complicated but it would give a way for new supporters to get a lot of points quickly if they could only get to the less popular games. Just a thought.

Barbara4003
16-05-2014, 11:03 AM

Away Season Tickets wouldn't be £1200. I think you pay a small administration fee to get one.

Unless you mean that £1200 would be the cost of the tickets.

Gathers54
16-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Herein lies my particular issue. Gathers, I'm sure you are an all round 'Good Egg' but you have managed to get tickets for London away games that I haven't been able to get a look in, despite you hardly attending any away games over the last couple of years. Yes, you had a ST in our last Championship season that I didn't have. But yet I probably paid more money to the club than you did as I paid on the day for almost all of the home games. All the aways was the same. Why book through Palace and wait for the tickets to arrive in the post etc when you could just buy on the day? (apart from the rare exception of the scum).

Should I have got a ST? At the time.. no, because there was no need..tickets were available on a game by game basis but now we know that games that I paid for on the day 2+ years ago, before a loyalty points scheme was ever thought of, would need to be recorded in order for me to get a ticket for a London away game in 2015 then absolutely... yes I should have done.

Look.... whatever..It's obvious that for next season I am still not considered loyal enough to attend London games. I will still be going to the NE on consecutive weekends, still go to Everton on a midweek night, still rattle around in the Hull away end with the other 1200 fans.., similar to what I have been doing for the last 28 years in fact, all safe in the knowledge that fans that attended ''a couple of championship away games'' and had a ST last year have priority over me for next years games.

The loyalty point scheme is fine. I agree with it in principle. We have to have a system in place to distribute tickets. But, IMO, it is unfair on those who are just as loyal, just as dedicated but who didn't book through the 'official channels' last season. Loyalty points should only be in effect from the point that everyone was made aware of their importance to get tickets for future games.

Yes but i am an example that you do not need a trillion points to get a ticket at those games, as some people seem to suggest. Eventually i will fall behind those that are able to go to more away games than me and even i will struggle to get a ticket to the big away games.

However, what you're suggesting is to wipe the points which would allow the casuals, who only returned this season, to catch up and be able to purchase a ticket over the regulars. This was the whole point of the loyalty scheme being introduced, to stop the fans who had been to few championship games to suddenly get a ticket to Arsenal, Spurs etc over the fans who like you who have travelled around the world to watch Palace. Unfortunately, in your case you didn't keep the booking history or details to prove this. A season ticket is 500 points, did you not have any booking history with the club shop for tickets? You would have had an account if you did have a season ticket prior.

No one whilst in the Championship expected a loyalty scheme being introduced and no one expected promotion and that's the beauty of it. There has been an influx of returning fans this season to see their beloved PL football but did they attend every game in the Championship, no probably not and they should not be able to get priority over the more loyal fans.

Its simple really, get a season ticket, attend more away games than me and you will over take me on points.

Mr Bo Jangles
16-05-2014, 07:51 PM
You will catch up - but it take years just as those in that position have taken years. Each season some of the "regulars" will be forced to drop out for all sorts of reasons and their "place" will be available, if you've built up the points. "Loyalty points" as a term may have appeared in 2011 - but the process of "booking history" is much older. I had to prove I had a "history" to get a ticket for the 1990 Cup Final.

No we didn't. Lifeline members were first and Uncle Ron allowed people to join when we got to the final. The rest were sold to season ticket holders on a first come first served basis on a Sunday morning, hence the fact my family camped outside the ground from 4am and eventually got our tickets at 4pm. All we had to do was prove that we were the person on named on the season ticket.

Mr Bo Jangles
16-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Away Season Tickets wouldn't be £1200. I think you pay a small administration fee to get one.

Unless you mean that £1200 would be the cost of the tickets.

Cost of tickets, 19 games for two people approx £1200.