PDA

View Full Version : Premier League Fixtures- another moan

HRP
11-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Hi
Is it possible at the next premier league meeting you can propose we stop this last day nonsense of playing on a Sunday . The only reason I can think this is done is so sky can show a game at 3pm. Surely if all games kick off at 2pm on the Saturday this gets round this.

It's the last game of the season people want to go out and celebrate the season but with most people having to work the next day this limits this. I would imagine there will be a lot of people ringing in sick tomorrow in either manchester or greater london depending who wins the league

No league games were played yesterday , what affect is this having on local teams up and down the country when everyone is watching the sky coverage at home or in the pubs . How many games won't sell out today as a result of Sunday travel.

This doesn't just happen in the premier league but also the championship and you end up with almost a two week wait from the last play off semi final to the actual final at wembley . They crowd all the fixtures in during the season and you have this nonsense at the end.

CPFC2010
11-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Hi
Is it possible at the next premier league meeting you can propose we stop this last day nonsense of playing on a Sunday . The only reason I can think this is done is so sky can show a game at 3pm. Surely if all games kick off at 2pm on the Saturday this gets round this.

It's the last game of the season people want to go out and celebrate the season but with most people having to work the next day this limits this. I would imagine there will be a lot of people ringing in sick tomorrow in either manchester or greater london depending who wins the league

No league games were played yesterday , what affect is this having on local teams up and down the country when everyone is watching the sky coverage at home or in the pubs . How many games won't sell out today as a result of Sunday travel.

This doesn't just happen in the premier league but also the championship and you end up with almost a two week wait from the last play off semi final to the actual final at wembley . They crowd all the fixtures in during the season and you have this nonsense at the end.

As you know, all matches on the last day have to kick off at the same time and tv likes to show 3 of them live. There seems to be a rule that no matches can ever be on tv between the hours of 3pm and 5pm on a Saturday to encourage people to watch (or play in) a live game.

I suppose 1pm on the final Saturday would theoretically be possible but most people prefer 3pm kick offs.