PDA

View Full Version : Selhurst 6 or 12

richj363
11-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Hi Steve
I join as a member every year but am looking at a Selhurst 12 next year, can I just ask does this include a membership and is it possible to use 2 tickets to one game or do I have to do 12 separate games.

Thanks

CPFC2010
11-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Hi Steve
I join as a member every year but am looking at a Selhurst 12 next year, can I just ask does this include a membership and is it possible to use 2 tickets to one game or do I have to do 12 separate games.

Thanks

We didnt do Selhurst 12 this season and I doubt we will next season. We probably will do Selhurst 6 as long as there are enough seats available.

Bobby Smith
12-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Steve

Apologie, I thought from the Membership Scheme thread you were a little more positive that you would be doing Selhurst 6s again?

CPFC2010
12-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Steve

Apologie, I thought from the Membership Scheme thread you were a little more positive that you would be doing Selhurst 6s again?

Yes I think that we will be doing it, but if we reach a stage where we have to turn down orders for season tickets I suppose we might have to consider if there's any point doing Selhurst 6. We've not even talked about it yet.

The current situation is that 15,000 season tickets have been sold which leaves about 4500 seats remaining to sell for each game. We'll probably have to stop season tickets if and when we get to much more than 17,000. If we don't do that then there won't be enough to sell on a match by match basis.

On top of the above 19500 there are also :-

3000 in away area (though we normally sell 2600 only)
800 in sterile area (though we try to reduce the size of it for most games)
800 restricted views (not sold as season tickets)
1500 in boxes, directors box, staff, players' families, disabled and carers, etc, etc.

Poosence
12-05-2014, 12:28 PM
The Selhurst Six is a great idea but bought mine (as I'm sure most people do) for priority ticket booking rather than price reduction. Towards the end of the season I spent multiple times more on phone bills to the box office than any saving I made on face value. And a couple of times (Liverpool and Southampton) ended up just booking online (without Selhurst Six) to ensure getting tickets - which kind of defeated the object of having it in the first place.

So, I guess what I'm saying is unless it becomes possible to use Selhurst Six online, it might not be worth it. But while season ticket holders are rightly the main focus, I would urge the club to keep in mind those of us that can't get to every game of the season (at this point in our lives) but still regard ourselves as more than casual fans. It sounds like that is happening in holding some tickets back but if there's no Selhurst Six then offering something in a similar spirit would be great.

Bobby Smith
12-05-2014, 03:15 PM
The Selhurst Six is a great idea but bought mine (as I'm sure most people do) for priority ticket booking rather than price reduction. Towards the end of the season I spent multiple times more on phone bills to the box office than any saving I made on face value. And a couple of times (Liverpool and Southampton) ended up just booking online (without Selhurst Six) to ensure getting tickets - which kind of defeated the object of having it in the first place.

So, I guess what I'm saying is unless it becomes possible to use Selhurst Six online, it might not be worth it. But while season ticket holders are rightly the main focus, I would urge the club to keep in mind those of us that can't get to every game of the season (at this point in our lives) but still regard ourselves as more than casual fans. It sounds like that is happening in holding some tickets back but if there's no Selhurst Six then offering something in a similar spirit would be great.

Also bought ours for priority booking rather than a price reduction - and also as a form of commitment. Not being able to book on-line is a bit of a pain, but its not far to the Box Office from sunny Beckenham and junior always want to go to the Club Shop.

Like the previous poster, I would urge the club to keep in mind those of us who can't get to every home game but want to make a financial commitment of some sort etc. Personally, I'd probably increase the number of games covered to 8 or 9. We do more than that anyway.

Sorry, more of a statement than a question.

NateEagle
16-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Also bought ours for priority booking rather than a price reduction - and also as a form of commitment. Not being able to book on-line is a bit of a pain, but its not far to the Box Office from sunny Beckenham and junior always want to go to the Club Shop.

Like the previous poster, I would urge the club to keep in mind those of us who can't get to every home game but want to make a financial commitment of some sort etc. Personally, I'd probably increase the number of games covered to 8 or 9. We do more than that anyway.

Sorry, more of a statement than a question.

Im totally in agreement here. Due to commitments (new baby, house etc) I just cant make it to every game or afford a season ticket but am proud that i can get a selhurst six to make some financial contribution and get guaranteed game time at selhurst.

Please cpfc2010 think of us guys as me, my dad and my brother are desperate to renew our selhurst six tickets!

NateEagle
16-05-2014, 02:27 PM
P.s. 8 or 9 games would be aces!

richj363
16-05-2014, 08:51 PM
I probably do 10 games a year, home and away. Doesn't matter which league we are in. With working Saturdays it makes things hard to do any more. When do you think it will be agreed as to what you can offer.

CPFC2010
16-05-2014, 09:02 PM
I probably do 10 games a year, home and away. Doesn't matter which league we are in. With working Saturdays it makes things hard to do any more. When do you think it will be agreed as to what you can offer.

We'll decide in the summer but I think we will do Selhurst 6

NateEagle
20-05-2014, 12:19 PM
We'll decide in the summer but I think we will do Selhurst 6

:lux::love:

Cooleagle89
20-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Living in Montrose the Sehurst 6 was ideal for me. I have been a fan for 45 years and flew down for 6 brilliant matches. I would be very disappointed if this was not repeated because because it has been very hard for long distance fans when we were in the premier before. May i congratulate you, however, on your ticket policies which mean't that there was very little infiltration last season and we kept Palace areas for Palace fans
Best Regards, David Bray