PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Noades Bar

Eagle Til I Die
13-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Hi Steve

I would like to congratulate the club on a fitting tribute to Ron Noades at the awards night and was wondering if any thought had been given to a more permanent tribute?

My suggestion would be to rename the Red and Blue bar in Rons honour.

I'm not a fan of naming entire stands after people and monuments like statues can often be a little over the top. But with several bars and restaurants around the ground now already carrying the names of club legends, why not name the largest bar of all after our clubs most successful ever chairman. It would be very fitting as the Holmesdale Stand is the largest material legacy we have from his tenure.

For all of Rons faults that I'm sure some BBSers will point out, we must never forget that we enjoyed great success with him at the helm. It may have not always been evident from a fans point of view, but I'm convinced he did a great many things with the clubs best interests at heart.

I'm not suggesting a full overhaul of the bar. But a few new signs and maybe replace some of the wall pictures from the years outside his rein. I'm sure those pictures could find suitable homes elsewhere in the ground.

CPFC2010
13-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Hi Steve

I would like to congratulate the club on a fitting tribute to Ron Noades at the awards night and was wondering if any thought had been given to a more permanent tribute?

My suggestion would be to rename the Red and Blue bar in Rons honour.

I'm not a fan of naming entire stands after people and monuments like statues can often be a little over the top. But with several bars and restaurants around the ground now already carrying the names of club legends, why not name the largest bar of all after our clubs most successful ever chairman. It would be very fitting as the Holmesdale Stand is the largest material legacy we have from his tenure.

For all of Rons faults that I'm sure some BBSers will point out, we must never forget that we enjoyed great success with him at the helm. It may have not always been evident from a fans point of view, but I'm convinced he did a great many things with the clubs best interests at heart.

I'm not suggesting a full overhaul of the bar. But a few new signs and maybe replace some of the wall pictures from the years outside his rein. I'm sure those pictures could find suitable homes elsewhere in the ground.

That's not a bad idea, seeing as he did actually build it.

Edward11
13-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Excellent idea. Ron did so much for our club! Steve, I think you need to give this some serious thought.

waddoneagle
13-05-2014, 04:52 PM
Please ... No

AndyStreet
13-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Can we also sell long term season tickets at discounted rates and build a new golf course in his honour too please?

James
13-05-2014, 06:33 PM
It's a very nice idea, but sadly there are far to many fans who still do not appreciate what Ron Noades did for the benefit this Club and I fear that the renaming would not be greeted with universal approval.

bradpitt
13-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Gets the thumbs up from me, I'll never forget how he sorted me out with an FA Cup final ticket back in 1990 when I had mine stolen from my hands outside the club shop.