PDA

View Full Version : Burn-out?

Ian
13-05-2014, 05:36 PM
We keep being told how hard Steve Parish and Tony Pulis work, and I'm sure it's true. However, working too hard for too long is a bad thing, leading to mental tiredness and poor decisions.

I think Holloway suffered towards the end, and while it worked out very well for us, it was a failure of man-management. I don't think a similar failure losing us Steve or Tony would work out so well. So please can you take it upon yourself to make sure that Steve and Tony have proper holidays this summer? Confiscate their mobile phones if you can!

CPFC2010
14-05-2014, 10:03 AM
We keep being told how hard Steve Parish and Tony Pulis work, and I'm sure it's true. However, working too hard for too long is a bad thing, leading to mental tiredness and poor decisions.

I think Holloway suffered towards the end, and while it worked out very well for us, it was a failure of man-management. I don't think a similar failure losing us Steve or Tony would work out so well. So please can you take it upon yourself to make sure that Steve and Tony have proper holidays this summer? Confiscate their mobile phones if you can!

I would rate the chances of getting SP to relax are next to zero. The man is machine. He never switches off.

I think that Tony might have a bit of a holiday before heading off to Brazil.

croydonexile
14-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Have you guys had your post season lunch at chez bruce yet ?

CPFC2010
14-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Have you guys had your post season lunch at chez bruce yet ?

No, but it's this week and I am organising some special wines from vintages that are significant in Tony's life - starting with the year he became Palace manager finishing with a bottle from his birth-year.

swhib
14-05-2014, 10:22 AM
No, but it's this week and I am organising some special wines from vintages that are significant in Tony's life - starting with the year he became Palace manager finishing with a bottle from his birth-year.

Would other clubs treat their managers like this? You appear to do things just right. Hope he realises that the chemistry between himself the fans and the board is perfect, hed be foolish to leave for less greener pastures.

strolling bones
14-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Dont forget the BHA vintage ... Sour grapes ..

disco mixx kidd
14-05-2014, 12:53 PM
i want you as a boss!

Pint of Speroni
14-05-2014, 01:41 PM

Get him smashed and shove a ten year contract in front of him. Like your style.

IanH
14-05-2014, 05:23 PM

I think that one of those two bottles will cost a hell of a lot more than the other ;)

CPFC2010
14-05-2014, 07:32 PM
I think that one of those two bottles will cost a hell of a lot more than the other ;)

True. I'll post the full list later in the week.

croydonexile
16-05-2014, 08:20 PM

How was lunch go ? Did TP like the wine list?

CPFC2010
16-05-2014, 10:25 PM
How was lunch go ? Did TP like the wine list?

It was great.there are a couple of photos on Steve Parish's twitter account. https://mobile.twitter.com/CEO4TAG

He and Tony went off to see Marouane's agent after lunch.

They probably offered him a 20 year contract after all the wines we had. ;)

biggus mickus
16-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Burn out?
I have never understood this. Get a ew challenge and you change.
I half retired and now employ twenty people. I dont want to. But you need a reason to get up.
I hate myself.

TheCharmer
17-05-2014, 07:54 AM
It was great.there are a couple of photos on Steve Parish's twitter account. https://mobile.twitter.com/CEO4TAG

He and Tony went off to see Marouane's agent after lunch.

They probably offered him a 20 year contract after all the wines we had. ;)

Steve, can you help me name some of the people in the pic? I think i can name nine. You, SP, Tony, Brighty, Keith M, Martin Long, Phil A, Neil Ashton, and big Gerry!

CPFC2010
17-05-2014, 09:12 AM
Steve, can you help me name some of the people in the pic? I think i can name nine. You, SP, Tony, Brighty, Keith M, Martin Long, Phil A, Neil Ashton, and big Gerry!

Yes, also Gary Issott, Academy sponsor Mark Smith and a couple of mates.

The wines were

2013 Riesling Bannockburn Felton Road
2011 Puligny Montrachet Sous le Puits Verget
2008 Puligny Montrachet les Folatieres Sauzet
1988 Chateau Duluc
1988 Chateau Pichon Lalande
1985 Chateau Lynch Bages
1985 Chateau de Beaucastel
1982 Chateau Talbot
1982 Chateau Leoville Poyferre
1982 Chateau Grand Puy Lacoste
1982 Chateau Latour Pomerol
1984 Rivesaltes Riveyrac
1958 Rivesaltes Lacresse

All the wines came from significant years in the life of Tony Pulis

Dazron
17-05-2014, 02:04 PM
In my experience, 'burn out' only becomes a 'thing' when a business or endeavour starts to go wrong. I can't see it being an issue right now.

orp pisshead1
17-05-2014, 02:15 PM
That's a pretty special thing to do , hope he appreciated it.

DarkAngel
17-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Was Iain Moody there?

plectrum
17-05-2014, 03:25 PM

How generous of you Stephen - I presume considering he married his wife in 1982 you should have no end of options: http://www.decanter.com/wine-learning/vintage-guides/vintages/1982

FMH57
17-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Brilliant! A great gesture to TP. i'm sure it will be money well spent. At least you didn't go back to the year his parents were born , or even worse,what happened to myself doing something similar for a French client in Paris who at the end of the meal got into the swing of things and ordered a Brandy from the year his grandfather was born !!

CPFC2010
17-05-2014, 06:01 PM
How generous of you Stephen - I presume considering he married his wife in 1982 you should have no end of options: http://www.decanter.com/wine-learning/vintage-guides/vintages/1982

Yes we majored on 1982 - the year he was married. We also did 84,85 and 88 - the year his kids were born. We also did the year he got Stoke promoted - 2008 - the year he got them to the cup final -2011- and the year he became Palace manager - 2013.

plectrum
17-05-2014, 06:16 PM
yup after posting saw your wine list - delicious selection and the Bruce and all at Chez Bruce are absolutely flawless - great restaurant.