PDA

View Full Version : Away Allocation

Kirsch15
16-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Hi Steve,

On the Radio this morning they said that out of 100,000 odd seats Barcelona have only given Athletico Madrid 300 away seats for their title decider tomorrow.

I was wondering. Are there rules in England/Premier League to say that there has to be a minimum allocation to away fans or could theoretically we do the same on an important match if we wanted to?

Cheers!

CPFC2010
16-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Hi Steve,

On the Radio this morning they said that out of 100,000 odd seats Barcelona have only given Athletico Madrid 300 away seats for their title decider tomorrow.

I was wondering. Are there rules in England/Premier League to say that there has to be a minimum allocation to away fans or could theoretically we do the same on an important match if we wanted to?

Cheers!

No, we couldn't do that. Here the home team has to give the away team 3000 tickets minimum - or 10% of stadium capacity if their stadium is under 30,000 seats.

I must say that part of the reason that the PL is so huge around the world is the competitive nature of the league and the atmosphere in the stadiums that is created by both home and away fans. I think it's outrageous to only allow 300 away fans.

southwaleseagle
16-05-2014, 02:04 PM
No, we couldn't do that. Here the home team has to give the away team 3000 tickets minimum - or 10% of stadium capacity if their stadium is under 30,000 seats.

I must say that part of the reason that the PL is so huge around the world is the competitive nature of the league and the atmosphere in the stadiums that is created by both home and away fans. I think it's outrageous to only allow 300 away fans.
When watching Sky a few years ago when La Liga was first shown I am sure we were told that there is not the culture for supporters to follow their teams to away games. This may have altered so I am prepared to stand corrected.

Paul Harvey
17-05-2014, 11:08 AM
When watching Sky a few years ago when La Liga was first shown I am sure we were told that there is not the culture for supporters to follow their teams to away games. This may have altered so I am prepared to stand corrected.

I am of the same viewpoint as you southwesteagle I watch Barcelona at Camp Nou 4 or 5 times a season and it only seems like there is an away following for Champions League games over there, I can't ever recall a big section of away fans in the Spanish League games usually just a few in a section right at the top behind the goal.