PDA

View Full Version : ok.....Leicester v Palace.....

leicester1
17-05-2014, 01:43 AM
Your coming to us at some point so if your coming by train .....Last Plantenenent.........i'll be meeting my Palace mates and anyon e that wants a chinwag come......we're not Brighton .....i say that tongue in cheek because they did bring numbers a couple of seasons ago near the the strart of the season and were pretty loud and boisterous in the away pub....where i sometimes go...

Anyway...lets forget last season ....Palace surpassed what a lot of people would have predicted this season......if its midweek next season you'll bring 1000...but if its a Satday....lets have a party....we outnumber most away teams fans in the designated away fans pub ....so .......its the Freemasons League now....turn up....:D

leicester1
17-05-2014, 02:08 AM
PS......fook knows what that stands for but lets face it the big boys are back in town....iv'e been on here a while.....no 1 or 17 posts by away fans that would'nt know what a Snakebite is.....Leicester are back.....................ah ha ha ha ha......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...you know what ....come on QPR.....Beat Derby and let the rest haggle...

leicester1
17-05-2014, 02:28 AM
One last thing....i went to a party tonight,a leaving do,my mates going Thailand......Palace cropped up in conversations and believe it or not my mates don't know about me being on here...but anyway,Palace were praised by a few straight goers for their passion at Selhurst....even by one of my old mates who used to ......we'll save that for another thread....

ADW1988
17-05-2014, 05:29 AM
1000 midweek.. You're having a laugh. Took almost 2000 to Everton on a Wednesday night.... TWICE cos the 1st one abandoned 10 mins b4 kickoff.

Seems like someone had a good night out.

Brighton boisterous?? Lol never ever seen anything like that from them..

Penstone Eagle
17-05-2014, 05:37 AM
One last thing....i went to a party tonight,a leaving do,my mates going Thailand......Palace cropped up in conversations and believe it or not my mates don't know about me being on here...but anyway,Palace were praised by a few straight goers for their passion at Selhurst....even by one of my old mates who used to ......we'll save that for another thread....

Judging by your posts, I think we all worked that out :D:p

dartfordeagle
17-05-2014, 06:26 AM
A classic example of why computers should have breathalysers attached to them!

Penstone Eagle
17-05-2014, 06:38 AM
A classic example of why computers should have breathalysers attached to them!

:D

Ninjas Headband
17-05-2014, 07:00 AM

Hope the head's not too fragile this morning. :p

detroiteagle
17-05-2014, 07:49 AM
As I'm a Palace fan who works in Leicester (A&E at the LRI, a stones throw from Leicester's ground) I'll give my slightly more sober tuppence worth....

I wouldn't go near 'The Last Plantenenent' if it were the last pub in Leicester. Yes it is a Wetherspoon's so yes it is cheap, but it is also rammed full of some of the most dodgy scallies the East Midlands has produced. It is nice and close to the station but it is on what is very much the shite end of Granby Street. If you're a big group then yes, go here because it has a lot of bar staff and space, otherwise avoid.

If its decent ale you are after I'd recommend 'The Ale Wagon (http://www.alewagon.co.uk/page2.html)' on the corner of Charles/Rutland Street or 'The Pub (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186334-d3637780-Reviews-The_PUB-Leicester_Leicestershire_England.html)' on New Walk. Neither are massive pubs though so these two may be more suited to smaller groups.

If you just want alcohol and somewhere decent sized to meet not too far from the ground then 'Soar Point (https://m.facebook.com/soarpoint?_rdr)' on The Newarke wouldn't be too bad. Its smack bang in the middle of the DeMontfort Uni campus (where I trained as a nurse) and is a traditional 'student pub' (ie: cheap and accommodating) but its usually empty on wekends so I'm sure they'd appreciate the trade.

Personally I think its a shame Forest didn't get promoted as I actually live in Nottingham and, of the three East Midlands cities, its by far the superior one for quality of pubs, places to eat etc, although the city centre is a lot further from the Shitty, I mean City, Ground*.

(* Interesting fact for you fact fans out there. Forest's (the city team) ground is actually in the county of Nottinghamshire, whereas Notts County (err, as the name suggests! ) ground is within the City of Nottingham. 'The Forest' (from where they get their name) has nothing to do with Robin Hood/Sherwood etc, its the name of the old racecourse north of the city centre where they used to play home games.)

Big Gav
17-05-2014, 12:51 PM
This is what is great about the BBS. You get a topic about where to go on the piss which coincides with a history lesson :)

leicester1
17-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Explanation time...i had to get rat arsed last night in order to face todays events which will remain unspoken about....Soar Point does have its merits especially when the suns out....student pub .....as for the Plant...iv'e only been in once and that was before the Palace game a couple of years ago but some very good friends frequent that place..:D..................:p

Pistol Knight
17-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Explanation time...i had to get rat arsed last night in order to face todays events which will remain unspoken about....Soar Point does have its merits especially when the suns out....student pub .....as for the Plant...iv'e only been in once and that was before the Palace game a couple of years ago but some very good friends frequent that place..:D..................:p

Classic Rob thread.......pi$$ed up :D

will be in the pub with you next season mate, home & away

hilairehair
17-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Swan and Rushes before, The Criterion after.

Why flaunt tradition?

leicester1
18-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Pistol....bring on the new fixtures in June then i can start planning...hope both games are on a Saturday but i'll make both games regardless and look forward to seeing you all again.....:p

HH.....The Charlottes open again,moreorless next door to your Criterion,your post actually gave me an idea for when we entertain Palace....:cool:

kiralyspyjamas
20-05-2014, 01:08 PM
Soar point is a top pub. Do a lovely burger in there if memory serves!