PDA

View Full Version : Would you want our rivals promoted to the Premier League

anti-addick
23-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Should Palace stay up for decades?

We want the best for Palace and to cement ourselves as strongly as possible in the top flight. We have bags of potential with catchment area etc etc etc. But, at what point would you want to be playing your rivals again? It means everything in those derby matches, who the hell wants to gamble on the cups? I want to be playing these bastards occasionally at least, and it would give me a ton of pleasure to see them (Gayboys/Thugs/**Clowns) get stuffed into a relegation spot every other season.

One can only laugh at their suffering for so long, the relationship has to be kept alive.

**You can say they aren't but we always get a big crowd and a lot of hatred thrown in their direction even if we deliberately pretend to ignore them to wind them up.

Pistol Knight
23-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Not really

Were fine as we are, building for the future without the distraction of the 2 games a season as a must win

strolling bones
23-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Should Palace stay up for decades?

We want the best for Palace and to cement ourselves as strongly as possible in the top flight. We have bags of potential with catchment area etc etc etc. But, at what point would you want to be playing your rivals again? It means everything in those derby matches, who the hell wants to gamble on the cups? I want to be playing these bastards occasionally at least, and it would give me a ton of pleasure to see them (Gayboys/Thugs/**Clowns) get stuffed into a relegation spot every other season.

One can only laugh at their suffering for so long, the relationship has to be kept alive.

**You can say they aren't but we always get a big crowd and a lot of hatred thrown in their direction even if we deliberately pretend to ignore them to wind them up.

Thats what the cups are for .. A nice away game and the end of their dreams for another seaon while look down on them will do nicely . No need to contaminate the prem with them

leicester1
23-05-2014, 07:59 PM
My twopenneth and from a Leicester point of view....our rivals Notts forest and Derby....don't ever want them promoted....i don't care if we never play them again...i'd rather a bunch of Norveners,Londoners or most of the English coastal teams were promoted ahead of them.....Southampton and Portsmouth would be a close call as would West Ham...not keen on that trio but thats for another thread....

Nth Kent Eagle
23-05-2014, 08:00 PM
No. Let them stew because South London is ours.

Fur cough
23-05-2014, 08:25 PM
My twopenneth and from a Leicester point of view....our rivals Notts forest and Derby....don't ever want them promoted....i don't care if we never play them again...i'd rather a bunch of Norveners,Londoners or most of the English coastal teams were promoted ahead of them.....Southampton and Portsmouth would be a close call as would West Ham...not keen on that trio but thats for another thread....

Sorry Rob, but I'm not exactly sure you understand the utter hatred that exists in this relationship.

IF, and it is a bloody big IF, we get to the top league, SKY (the devil) will have to re-write their DERBY DAY schedule.

It was described once as one of the top ten football rivalries thus:

"For reasons unknown to the rest of the footballing world, the two sets of fans hate each other with a passion not seen out side of the Balkans"

Murk E
23-05-2014, 08:31 PM
I hope it all goes pear shaped for them next season and they get relegated.
Happy to just play them in cups.

Jim Cannon
23-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Back to topic. No.

Fur cough
23-05-2014, 08:48 PM
I hope it all goes pear shaped for them next season and they get relegated.
Happy to just play them in cups.

You really don't though do you.

Is there any other game where you have that fear, the tingle of anticipation, the sick feeling of impending failure, and then the promise of elation before the game has even kicked off?

leicester1
23-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Fur....my opinion was a Leicester based one towards our rivals Notts and Derby....maybe not as strongly fierce as the Palace Brighton one but pretty close especially when they both used to bring decent followings to us.......if you hate your rivals with a passion you want to be above them in a higher league and so lord it over them surely....anyway...i don't want to play our rivals but i would like to see Palace and Brighton get it on at some future point....iv'e been to a Chelsea Spurs cup match and Leeds Chelsea game...both of them had that little extra spice ..

Cleon
23-05-2014, 10:09 PM
It's more than hatred. It's complete and utter contempt for the town and the people, let alone the ******* club.

I say, let 'em crash.

CharlieCPFC
23-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Never, bollocks to 'em. That's what the excitement of the third round draw would bring

HurstpierPalace
24-05-2014, 06:30 AM

Is there any other game where you have that fear, the tingle of anticipation, the sick feeling of impending failure, and then the promise of elation before the game has even kicked off?

I'm still happy enough after the play off games and the feeling of superiority helps maintain that satisfaction. I suppose that's a feeling you lot wouldn't understand though. :)

NoFishtoday1
24-05-2014, 06:50 AM
Personally i wouldn't care too much about Brighton in the prem (i hope it doesn't happen, but if it did it wouldn't wind me up) ...but never ever Millwall or the Clowns....

anti-addick
24-05-2014, 07:35 AM

No disrespect L1 but that's a one way rivalry. Those two don't like you but I bet neither sing songs about hating Leicester, rather each other.

I thought you lot had something going on with Coventry?

spt1978
24-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Another couple of play off failures for Brighton would be nice, knock the cocky fans down abit.

leicester1
24-05-2014, 08:44 AM
AA....Both Derby and Notts Forest do sing about us....the Forest Leicester rivalry is an old one...the Forest Derby rivalry is a new one ie Brian Clough.

Leicesters rivals in order..

Notts Forest.....
Derby
Coventry....obviously these are top for our supporters in West Leicestershire.
Chelsea Villa and Portsmouth have gotta be next i'd think.

POSL
24-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Would never ever want Millwall in the premier but once (if) we establish ourselves and dont have the risk of being relegated by them, would like Brighton in the prem. A proper prem and meaningful rivalry would be good in the future but not for now.

anti-addick
24-05-2014, 09:38 AM
I have mate who support each of those clubs L1, I'll actually bother to ask about it I think. The Derby fan says nobody cares about Leicester but since you mention 'it is new' then maybe that's why.

Same here POSL, I never want Millwall in the PL. Clowns and gays I'd like to pop up every few years only to get hammered throughout the season and a double from us to clinch their relegation.

David of Kent
24-05-2014, 10:12 AM
If it happened it would be fun and give us some more fixtures to particularly look forward to, but I wouldn't WANT it to happen

Chris K
24-05-2014, 11:21 AM
It's a No from me

little al
24-05-2014, 11:27 AM
My best mate os Forest, he only hates Derby, Leicester to him are like Charlton to us.

NorthPalace23
24-05-2014, 11:57 AM
I never want to see our rivals in the Premier League....ever!

Why would we want their clubs and fans to enjoy success? Why would we want their clubs to come into a huge pile of cash?

Loved last season, couldn't care less that we didn't play a rival.

jjeagle
24-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Never. F..k em

grand aigle
24-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Nay, nay and thrice nay !!!

Beanie
24-05-2014, 08:21 PM

Yes, plenty, all the time we're building towards the "magic 40 points", and after that when we're working on our best PL points total. We don't need to build a season around two "big" games - we get 38.

Mr Croc
24-05-2014, 09:46 PM
My answer is NO. I quite like the idea of another 25 years finishing above them every year.

Oli28
25-05-2014, 04:20 PM
My best mate os Forest, he only hates Derby, Leicester to him are like Charlton to us.
Correct, I've heard this from Forest and Derby fans.

Golf Boy
25-05-2014, 04:46 PM
It would concern me that they may go and establish themselves, so it is bit risky.