PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff to storm championship

Pages : [1] 2

Bluebirds 08
28-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Cardiff are the bookies favourites to win the Championship and come straight back up to the Premiership. We have already signed Javi Guerra - who scored 15 in La Liga last season..A young Austrian called Guido Burgstaller...Man Utd's Federico Macheda and now Adam Le Fondre and we're still in May!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7xpi4FR-SM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NwHBetfs3Y

I really think we got a great chance..can't wait for start of season::p

leicester1
28-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Can't beat a bit of pre season confidence but i don't see Cardiff being ahead of Derby or the Brighton All Stars come next May...

Pistol Knight
28-05-2014, 09:01 PM
HA HA HA

Drew Peacock
28-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Cardiff are the bookies favourites to win the Championship and come straight back up to the Premiership. We have already signed Javi Guerra - who scored 15 in La Liga last season..A young Austrian called Guido Burgstaller...Man Utd's Federico Macheda and now Adam Le Fondre and we're still in May!!

okay :moo:

jj62255
This could be good :)

Jono14
Signing anyone and everyone. Good luck with that.

JAS78
28-05-2014, 09:05 PM
You need tactics to win football matches, a subject which Solskjaer is seriously lacking.

Jono14
28-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Plus your manager is shit.

maestro
28-05-2014, 09:11 PM
I think you'll struggle under OGS, no offence but you looked pretty shite under him this season.

I think you would have had a better chance with Malky in charge.

Bluebirds 08
28-05-2014, 09:12 PM
No I'm not convinced by OGS but he means business in the way he's started signing players so early.....Maybe after building his own squad and having time and a proper chance to find his best players, he might surprise everyone

evvo111
28-05-2014, 09:13 PM
I think you need a new manager. It's fine signing loads of new players but you need the right man in charge to make them click.

Crozzy71
28-05-2014, 09:17 PM
You're taking the piss right ?

I can see it now.

Constantly smiling (happy or simple ?) manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer signs 14 strikers for an assault on promotion.

Vincent Tan changes the kit to purple as it's mid-way between red and blue.

Solskjaer uses 78 players over the course of the season and never the same 11.

Tan's trousers get so high the St John's Ambulance are called during the second half of the boxing day game at Rotherham to resuscitate him.

The club complain to the Football League because the Blackpool manager looked at their team sheet during the warm up. They also complain to UEFA, FIFA, NFL, NATO and their local MP.

Ole is sacked in January for failing to bring in Messi and Ronaldo.

The club is poison, run by idiots and will implode further. I think it's hilarious.

Bluebirds 08
28-05-2014, 09:19 PM
I think you need a new manager. It's fine signing loads of new players but you need the right man in charge to make them click.

Yep true but he came into an awful situation last season..now he has some breathing space , who knows? I also forgot to mention that an offer for Llewis Grabban has been accepted

AJ's right boot
28-05-2014, 09:24 PM
How many millions more in the red will you make yourselves?

eagles #1
28-05-2014, 09:25 PM
But your manager is Ole Gunner Solskshit?

jj62255
28-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Yep true but he came into an awful situation last season..now he has some breathing space , who knows? I also forgot to mention that an offer for Llewis Grabban has been accepted

Is the Olester aware you conceded 74 goals last season? Or will he just try and outscore everyone?

Gollum
28-05-2014, 09:50 PM
We had Watford fans on here this time last season telling us how they were going to storm the Championship. 13th place.

Bluebirds 08
28-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Is the Olester aware you conceded 74 goals last season? Or will he just try and outscore everyone?

He's obviously working on the team bit by bit!!! Midfield and defence next:)

Payney
28-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Throw money at it, that's the answer. Tan to take over from OGS by November.

Bluebirds 08
28-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Throw money at it, that's the answer. Tan to take over from OGS by November.

Worked for Man City and QPR..way of the footballing world.

Red'n'Blue Robs
28-05-2014, 10:20 PM
As much as I don't want them to succeed, have a feeling they will piss the league with the billions behind them.

Chris K
28-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Good signings but the trouble is the boardroom and manager

Arron
29-05-2014, 02:35 AM

You know we couldn't give a flying f*ck what you think, right?

AJ8
29-05-2014, 05:47 AM

Worked wonders for you last season.

Penstone Eagle
29-05-2014, 06:13 AM

I have a feeling that this post will come back to haunt you.

Can't wait.

Ralph
29-05-2014, 06:33 AM
Cardiff fans should be confident, they should win the league.

Much like Palace should have been relegated last year.

On paper it's the obvious outcome but in reality, the beauty of football is that it's never that simple.

Let's be honest here, if the fixtures throw out a couple of tricky games in the first 10, it takes a couple of players to not gel quickly and an injury or two before you're mid table after 10-15 games and what will people start thinking?

eagle mart
29-05-2014, 06:51 AM
Unity and everyone pulling in the right direction rather than a meglomaniac and millions thrown at players with fan unrest, every day of the week.

the drexciyan
29-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Vincent Tan lives in a very simple world. Throw money at everything and expect to get what you want. Even now in the close season it is very satisfying to sit back and know that his simple logic of spending squillions in the PL did not guarantee them to stay up, as he's been more or less saying should of happened. His arrogance that Palace should not have tonked them at their place because we were not as good a team as them, presuming a better team = higher transfer fees spent on, deserved its comeuppance.

So now they're in the Championship what do they do? Throw more money around and assume it will get them promoted. It may keep them up, although Wolves showed keeping a PL squad and high expenditure that it is not guaranteed, similarly it may work, but the Burnleys and Palaces of the division show what a united club with a strong team ethic can achieve. You cannot say Cardiff is united from top to bottom, they'll just be another club in the division who throw money at it and hope for the best.

Gathers54
29-05-2014, 07:28 AM
So Malky had a team looking likely to survive in the PL... Now you are relegated, well over 100m in debt and rising and buying 100 players to try and get promotion. Yeah good luck

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

JackTheBiscuit
29-05-2014, 07:38 AM
Fast forward June 2015 : Post from Bluebirds 08

"so excited, our new manager Dougie Freedman has just bought Calvin Andrew, Craig Makail Smith and Ashley Barnes. We are going to storm League One this season"

Del Fenner
29-05-2014, 07:40 AM
Cardiff are the bookies favourites to win the Championship and come straight back up to the Premiership.

Have you looked at the bookies track record for Championship odds? They had us favourites for relegation two seasons ago. :clown:

Also, don't forget you have a pretty consistent tradition of choking your promotion pushes. :p

Gathers54
29-05-2014, 07:43 AM
All I see Cardiff signing are 'egos'. Have fun trying to keep all them players happy, yet you will lose your real talent in the players that got you promoted in the first place

EagleSE24
29-05-2014, 07:45 AM
That's a lot of strikers. I reckon Danny Webber is next up.

Far East Eagle
29-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Two teams threw cash at the Championship last year. QPR went up, but only just, and Leicester won the league. Cardiff must be the favourites for the league, but OGS is going to have to rally the team behind him instead of just speaking in clichs all the time

JDawg
29-05-2014, 07:48 AM
Here's the thing Bluebird 08. It's good for you that Dalman is overseeing a radical overhaul with more of Tan's money. In fairness you look to have bought better than last year. But Dalman and OGS remain. If you don't go straight back up does Tan either:

1. Decide that everyone is a useless bell end and get even more involved himself
2. Get hit in the face with the realisation that he can't get what he wants; picks up his ball and goes home - effectively turning the money tap off.

The first would be very unpleasant; the second would be financially devastating.

Looks like it's all being put on red.

Razza
29-05-2014, 07:53 AM
..... Let's be honest here, if the fixtures throw out a couple of tricky games in the first 10, it takes a couple of players to not gel quickly and an injury or two before you're mid table after 10-15 games and what will people start thinking?

Yup. In 2005 we were going to bounce back up. First three results:
C Palace 1-2 Luton
Wolves 2-1 C Palace
Norwich 1-1 C Palace

BERT'S HEAD
29-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Sadly it's a common trait that once fans suffer the depression of relegation it is followed by faux euphoria after a couple of signings have been made and that steamrolling "inferior" teams will be a cakewalk - cos we're a big league side really.

eagle mart
29-05-2014, 08:07 AM
OGS sack sweepstake anyone?

How will old Vince be when he finds Cardiff sitting in the top 8, in a very tight league?

Sunday October 19th.

Random*
29-05-2014, 08:18 AM
.A young Austrian called Guido Burgstaller...

I know of a young French left back called Florian Marange. I swear he's got a lot of pace and is really good right.

Beanie
29-05-2014, 11:24 AM

Don't forget to put 50m aside for the FFP fine, that's what it's rumoured it's going to cost QPR.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
29-05-2014, 11:29 AM

Whether true or not, fans of CPFC need to be made aware of this news because.......?

spt1978
29-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Manager is not good enough and owner is a loon.

Play offs at best.

Gathers54
29-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Whether true or not, fans of CPFC need to be made aware of this news because.......?

Trying to make themselves feel better...

We are a PL team, you will get a better response on the NSC. The Brightolona fans will welcome you with open arms to debate the upcoming Championship season. Enjoy...

Oisin
29-05-2014, 01:20 PM
With Malky in charge would walk the league. With OGS its all very random, I think fourth or fifth.

I think Derby will do a Leicester and go from play off heart break to champions with Fulham to run them close. Magath is a good manager and once they shift the dead wood and paly the youth I think they'll be a decent side. Norwich I think will be play offs. Its a club that seems to have lost direction

Neillo's Son
29-05-2014, 02:10 PM
You've made some good signings but they're in general Championship signings, not PL quality.

We tend to love these threads on here 'cos if you fail to get promoted, you silly buggers will be nowhere to be seen!

As long as you stop Brighton going up, I'll be content whatever happens.

Scrumpy
29-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Does anyone actually care? Can I see a show of hands please?

Gathers54
29-05-2014, 03:09 PM
With Malky in charge would walk the league. With OGS its all very random, I think fourth or fifth.

I think Derby will do a Leicester and go from play off heart break to champions with Fulham to run them close. Magath is a good manager and once they shift the dead wood and paly the youth I think they'll be a decent side. Norwich I think will be play offs. Its a club that seems to have lost direction

Wigan, Derby, Norwich, Fulham, Blackburn will all be up there next season battling for promotion.

Payney
29-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Manager is not good enough and owner is a loon.

Play offs at best.

This ^

Kidofwonder
29-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Dougie Freedman to be Cardiff manager by the end of next season

Looking2curl1
29-05-2014, 04:07 PM
I have never heard of the Spaniard nor the Austrian. Le Fondre is a decent signing- I've always rated him, Grabban was excellent last year but is he a one hit wonder? In short, yes you've signed some players but don't forget Fulham and Norwich will be no mugs, plus you have Wigan, Derby, Forest to contend with. There is always a surprise (see Burnley last year, us the year before), I have a feeling Wolves will be strong and carry momentum from winning league 1, and it's a long old season down there with injuries a plenty.

Whatever happens I hope you get your club back. I'm half welsh and my family are from Roath Park so I have a soft spot for you despite the fact you make it so very hard not to hate you.

Jim Cannon
29-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Who cares about cardiff

Palace Mad
29-05-2014, 04:15 PM
100 % agree with above post

EagleSE24
29-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Weakest Championship in years.

Bluebirds 08
29-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Yea that was because of Milky makay and his bizarre signings (Regarding the chap who questioned about throwing money at the time not working last season)

danpalace07
29-05-2014, 04:50 PM
TBF Le Fondre is a good signing. Don't think they'll go up though, maybe next season but not straight away.

Bluebirds 08
29-05-2014, 05:17 PM
You've made some good signings but they're in general Championship signings, not PL quality.

We tend to love these threads on here 'cos if you fail to get promoted, you silly buggers will be nowhere to be seen!

As long as you stop Brighton going up, I'll be content whatever happens.

I'll come back on as I did this season after we were relegated...even though I was wrong in saying we wouldn't go down....One poster said that they wouldn't be seeing me any more but then had to admit he was wrong when I did appear.:angel: I'm not like most posters... If we fail, I will come back and put my hands up:sob:...no problem.
Fair play, some good points have been made on here and the one about misplaced optimism regarding relegated teams coming straight back up, is a valid one. I know it's going to be a hard division (the poster who says it will be a weak championship next season must be having a laugh) and I have real misgivings about OGS....Nevertheless, to have signed four players and it's still only May is an encouraging sign. As for Vincent Tan, he has said that he will seriously consider going back to blue if we are promoted...You know, in hindsight, I can see why he was unhappy with Malky...There was something strange going on there......Why did Malky drop his compensation case without being given a penny? Why did he apologize to Vincent Tan? Why did he pay 8 million for a player who Nigel Pearson says he could have bought for 500,000 and who, quite frankly wasn't even League of Wales standard...(Cornelius on wages of 45,000 a week) Why pay 11 million for Gary Medel when he was going for 6 million earlier in the summer? Why buy John Brayford and never play him? Why didn't he strengthen us where we needed it?
Malky was given 50 million and wasted a lot of it..no doubt about it. For all his eccentricities, Tan had a valid point when he lambasted Malky for that.

As for those who don't care about Cardiff...that's fine but being The Away End I thought talking about other teams was par for the course.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-vincent-tan-launches-stunning-7103377 Tan interview lamblasting Malky

CharlieCPFC
29-05-2014, 05:37 PM
I'll come back on as I did this season after we were relegated...even though I was wrong in saying we wouldn't go down....One poster said that they wouldn't be seeing me any more but then had to admit he was wrong when I did appear.:angel: I'm not like most posters... If we fail, I will come back and put my hands up:sob:...no problem.
Fair play, some good points have been made on here and the one about misplaced optimism regarding relegated teams coming straight back up, is a valid one. I know it's going to be a hard division (the poster who says it will be a weak championship next season must be having a laugh) and I have real misgivings about OGS....Nevertheless, to have signed four players and it's still only May is an encouraging sign. As for Vincent Tan, he has said that he will seriously consider going back to blue if we are promoted...You know, in hindsight, I can see why he was unhappy with Malky...There was something strange going on there......Why did Malky drop his compensation case without being given a penny? Why did he apologize to Vincent Tan? Why did he pay 8 million for a player who Nigel Pearson says he could have bought for 500,000 and who, quite frankly wasn't even League of Wales standard...(Cornelius on wages of 45,000 a week) Why pay 11 million for Gary Medel when he was going for 6 million earlier in the summer? Why buy John Brayford and never play him? Why didn't he strengthen us where we needed it?
Malky was given 50 million and wasted a lot of it..no doubt about it. For all his eccentricities, Tan had a valid point when he lambasted Malky for that.

As for those who don't care about Cardiff...that's fine but being The Away End I thought talking about other teams was par for the course.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-vincent-tan-launches-stunning-7103377

Good point, there's probably about 15 clubs right now you could say have a good chance of getting into the top 6. I think Wolves and Ipswich will be the dark horses next year. Put it this way, I'm glad to be out of that division because of the massive competitiveness to get out that league.

Penstone Eagle
29-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Good point, there's probably about 15 clubs right now you could say have a good chance of getting into the top 6. I think Wolves and Ipswich will be the dark horses next year. Put it this way, I'm glad to be out of that division because of the massive competitiveness to get out that league.

Agreed, Reading and Brighton were distinctly average in my opinion, but they made it.

Phil's Barber
29-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Cardiff to storm championship? Maybe.
Palace to not give a shit? Definitely.

Heb 7:4
29-05-2014, 05:43 PM

It is, but there's normally some relevance. We already have one bizarre away fan turning up to rant random information about his pointless club (Southampton) at us, when in all honesty we simply don't care.

Cardiff are not quite as pointless a team as Southampton, but we still don't care about you. A thread saying you are favourites is kind of meaningless to us, because why would we care? Good luck to you, but whether you go up or stay down it really is of no consequence to us.

Once upon a time you might have caught the interest of the resident Brighton fans who I suppose would have cared, but they have mostly fled in shame. Leicester1 is in the Prem with us and so I dare say doesn't give a monkeys for your odds.

So I guess it's over to you Biscuitmen...

CPFC85
29-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Fulham and Derby to go up automatically. Cardiff might just make it into the play-offs.

Gathers54
29-05-2014, 05:53 PM

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-vincent-tan-launches-stunning-7103377

From the outside, Malky had you above the relegation zone. He was sacked and made away for Gollum who came in, spent more money and you were relegated.

Someone authorised the transfer fees, easily to lay the blame after the manager was dismissed for Jack shit

Ninjas Headband
29-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Personally think there'll be a few of us interested in what is going on down at Cardiff, if only for the entertainment value of Tan's stewardship.

jamie12
29-05-2014, 06:11 PM
FFS, I thought we'd get rid of this nonce when his tinpot club went down.

Bluebirds 08
29-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Well we've got a thread on the Cardiff Forum talking about 'Crystal Palace clear-out'. (.http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142261.)
Unfortunately, some of our fans are indifferent to other teams as well but I think most open minded fans enjoy talking about other teams and other things, at least now and again. Most Forums, not just footballing ones, can become tedious, regurgitated and tired, when only chatting about the same things within the same Genre. Nice to have some variety

P.s. I've said this in response to this below- from HEB 7:4 (I forgot to press quote)...

'Cardiff are not quite as pointless a team as Southampton, but we still don't care about you. A thread saying you are favourites is kind of meaningless to us, because why would we care? Good luck to you, but whether you go up or stay down it really is of no consequence to us.'

Bluebirds 08
29-05-2014, 06:32 PM
FFS, I thought we'd get rid of this nonce when his tinpot club went down.

You love me really ( I think:hmph:) :bash:

Pistol Knight
29-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Bluebird 08

go and read the other forums about Yann/Macaky/moody etc

cant be arsed to look for you

29-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Well we've got a thread on the Cardiff Forum talking about 'Crystal Palace clear-out'. (.http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142261.)
Unfortunately, some of our fans are indifferent to other teams as well but I think most open minded fans enjoy talking about other teams and other things, at least now and again. Most Forums, not just footballing ones, can become tedious, regurgitated and tired, when only chatting about the same things within the same Genre. Nice to have some variety

P.s. I've said this in response to this below- from HEB 7:4 (I forgot to press quote)...

'Cardiff are not quite as pointless a team as Southampton, but we still don't care about you. A thread saying you are favourites is kind of meaningless to us, because why would we care? Good luck to you, but whether you go up or stay down it really is of no consequence to us.'

Nothing strange about that. You're a championship club looking to strengthen your team, so naturally you'll look at players leaving mid-table Premiership clubs (us or others).

And I'm all for variety, but that doesn't mean I or other palace fans want to talk about something of absolutely no interest to us. No one cares what Cardiff's odd are, except possibly the gambling forum. It's just a weird post, as it presumes you have an audience to discuss your odds with, when you could be favourites, 2nd favourites, 9th favourites and it would all be equally meaningless.

What were you hoping for as way of response?

"Cardiff are the bookies favourites!"

"Er, ok then. Congratulations?"

We were favourites for the drop last year, and 2nd favourites for relegation the year before (when we got promoted) which means even if we were in the same division I wouldn't care much, but with you being a championship team it's just meaningless.

Bluebirds 08
29-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Nothing strange about that. You're a championship club looking to strengthen your team, so naturally you'll look at players leaving mid-table Premiership clubs (us or others).

And I'm all for variety, but that doesn't mean I or other palace fans want to talk about something of absolutely no interest to us. No one cares what Cardiff's odd are, except possibly the gambling forum. It's just a weird post, as it presumes you have an audience to discuss your odds with, when you could be favourites, 2nd favourites, 9th favourites and it would all be equally meaningless.

What were you hoping for as way of response?

"Cardiff are the bookies favourites!"

"Er, ok then. Congratulations?"

We were favourites for the drop last year, and 2nd favourites for relegation the year before (when we got promoted) which means even if we were in the same division I wouldn't care much, but with you being a championship team it's just meaningless.

There have been 67 replies and 1,161 views so some people must be interested!!!!
Cardiff are my team and I wanted people's views and a discussion on their chances for promotion next, sorry, this season. Hmmm, very weird!!:afro:
I'm on the Sunderland, Stoke and even paid 5 subscription to be on the Southampton Forum because I enjoy discussing football and not just stuck in a tribal rut......Anyways, if you don't like my post or consider it to be an irrelevance then don't comment!:) As a certain Meerkat would say - 'Simples' :p

29-05-2014, 07:59 PM
There have been 67 replies and 1,161 views so some people must be interested!!!!
Cardiff are my team and I wanted people's views and a discussion on their chances for promotion next, sorry, this season. Hmmm, very weird!!:afro:
I'm on the Sunderland, Stoke and even paid 5 subscription to be on the Southampton Forum because I enjoy discussing football and not just stuck in a tribal rut......Anyways, if you don't like my post or consider it to be an irrelevance then don't comment!:) As a certain Meerkat would say - 'Simples' :p

You're the top poster in the thread. I'm third (with three whole posts) and I couldn't give a shit.

29-05-2014, 08:00 PM
And why are you posting on all these Premiership boards? If you posted on Championship ones you might find fans who at least have some vested interest in how Cardiff will do. Try NorthStandChat.

Bluebirds 08
29-05-2014, 08:16 PM
And why are you posting on all these Premiership boards? If you posted on Championship ones you might find fans who at least have some vested interest in how Cardiff will do. Try NorthStandChat.

All in good time...I certainly will be going on Championship Forums once the season kicks off. I wanted the views of Palace fans as I have grown quite fond of you in the last couple of months:D

LONDONMAN
29-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Never say Dai.

Oooops.

Jim Cannon
29-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Yea that was because of Milky makay and his bizarre signings (Regarding the chap who questioned about throwing money at the time not working last season)

We don't give a feck. Go and annoy someone else

Selhurst Celtic
29-05-2014, 09:28 PM
Bluebirds 08 hasn't been the worst away fan we've had on here. He hasn't been mouthing off, just backing his side. (Unless I've missed something?)

I'd rather read his posts than that boring Southampton robot div.

I'm also a wee bit interested in the soap opera that is Cardiff City FC. I don't like them, but it's a great away weekender. Good pubs, lively town, just a shame they no longer play at Ninian Park. That was a proper football stadium rather than the Malaysian Bowl or whatever it's called where they play now.

Pidster
30-05-2014, 05:26 AM
All in good time...I certainly will be going on Championship Forums once the season kicks off. I wanted the views of Palace fans as I have grown quite fond of you in the last couple of months:D

Northstandchat.com is a cracking read, if you follow the notion that a wonky stadium, almost full of 80 minute customer makes you a European footballing super power.

Enjoy.

Disco
30-05-2014, 06:17 AM
I know there's a bit of a dislike for Cardiff, but Jesus some of our fans have gotten a bit precious since we stayed up haven't they? I think it's good that we have fans of other teams in the away fans end regardless of which division their team plays in!

Bluebird, realistically you should be a force in the championship with the money being thrown around, but you also threw money at your premier league squad and that didn't pan out so well!

Maiden Eagle
30-05-2014, 06:31 AM
The away end has become a little dull TBH, particularly as virtually all the Seaweed posters, seem to have mysteriously disappeared:). So, no objection to this Cardiff fellow posting, on here.
But if Bluebird08 really wants a laugh, he should really look at the utterly delusional ramblings of those on NorthStandChat - Brighton will soon be playing Barcelona in the Champions League, it's just a matter of time !:rolleyes:

hdeagle
30-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Some very good teams in the Championship and Cardiff whom the vultures are circling are not one of them.

They will do well to hold onto Marshall and Caulker which will further weaken a defence which let in a staggering 74 goals last season.

Getting promotion to the Premier League is getting harder every season as the rewards increase for being there and there are much bigger clubs than Cardiff chasing that dream.

They will do well if they reach the play-offs next season.

DocSavage
30-05-2014, 03:37 PM
to be honest i couldn't give a burp after a glass of lucozade about the lower leagues

eagle69
30-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Cardiff to storm championship ?

Which way up or down

Mad Max
30-05-2014, 04:29 PM
QP ha ha ha kept a very expensive squad together to storm the Chumpionship and it didn`t work out that way.It`s a minefield of a division.I wish you luck though bluebird08 because you come across as a nice fella.

the drexciyan
30-05-2014, 04:31 PM
to be honest i couldn't give a burp after a glass of lucozade about the lower leagues

Spoken like a true football snob.

KentEagle1
30-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Although I don't like Cardiff fair play to bluebird 08 in not being as boring and as annoying as the southampton guy on the wheels falling off southampton thread

Maiden Eagle
30-05-2014, 05:05 PM

You wouldn't have said that a couple of seasons ago!

Vince Hilaire's Afro
30-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Although I don't like Cardiff fair play to bluebird 08 in not being as boring and as annoying as the southampton guy on the wheels falling off southampton thread

They are both decent posters although I don't think anyone really cares about the premise of this thread.

NicolaC posts a lot of sense, which more often than not turns out true. Most of the abuse he gets is because people just don't like what he has to say, even if it's right. However, his major failing is that he simply refuses to accept my theory that the number of ST holders Southampton has is purely as a result of a free Micky Channon teddy bear (complete with mechanical wheel arm goal celebration) with every purchase. If you imagine his posts to be made by Mr Logic from Viz, they become eminently more bearable.

What was the question again?

KentEagle1
30-05-2014, 06:15 PM
They are both decent posters although I don't think anyone really cares about the premise of this thread.

NicolaC posts a lot of sense, which more often than not turns out true. Most of the abuse he gets is because people just don't like what he has to say, even if it's right. However, his major failing is that he simply refuses to accept my theory that the number of ST holders Southampton has is purely as a result of a free Micky Channon teddy bear (complete with mechanical wheel arm goal celebration) with every purchase. If you imagine his posts to be made by Mr Logic from Viz, they become eminently more bearable.

What was the question again?

Brilliant :D

wigman
31-05-2014, 02:05 PM
The away end has become a little dull TBH, particularly as virtually all the Seaweed posters, seem to have mysteriously disappeared:). So, no objection to this Cardiff fellow posting, on here.
But if Bluebird08 really wants a laugh, he should really look at the utterly delusional ramblings of those on NorthStandChat - Brighton will soon be playing Barcelona in the Champions League, it's just a matter of time !:rolleyes:

We haven't disappeared, we just haven't got a lot to shout about at the moment.
:p

The Last Dodo
31-05-2014, 02:32 PM

When have you ever had a lot to shout about?
Well apart from when Toys 'R' Us had its grand opening.
Where The Gaulstone used to be.
That is.

The Last Dodo
31-05-2014, 02:37 PM

You support a wanker club full of wanker fans.
As a wanker fan of a wanker club, how does that make you feel?

The Last Dodo
31-05-2014, 03:00 PM
I'll field that, Wiggers.
It's 'wanker', ain't it?
Well if you don't think it is then it should be!
Fact is, your lot will never best us cos we are Palace.

wigman
31-05-2014, 04:09 PM
I'll field that, Wiggers.
It's 'wanker', ain't it?
Well if you don't think it is then it should be!
Fact is, your lot will never best us cos we are Palace.

Our time will come.

wigman
31-05-2014, 04:10 PM
When have you ever had a lot to shout about?
Well apart from when Toys 'R' Us had its grand opening.
Where The Gaulstone used to be.
That is.

We wouldn't know anything about that, as we are all JCL's.

The Last Dodo
31-05-2014, 04:30 PM
We wouldn't know anything about that, as we are all JCL's.

Fair play to you for that but I think you may have left the word '****' out.
I may be wrong there although I have a feeling I'm not.
You scumbag Brighton cnuts!

The Last Dodo
31-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Our time will come.

Your time has been coming for nearly 30+ years innit?

The Last Dodo
31-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Our time will come.

Just to reitterate....a silly little no-Mark Sussex club like you up against a London club.
And one that has just finished 11th in The Prem!
Who the f**k do you think you are?
Apart from some no-Mark Sussex club.
Like Crawley Town?

wigman
31-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Just to reitterate....a silly little no-Mark Sussex club like you up against a London club.
And one that has just finished 11th in The Prem!
Who the f**k do you think you are?
Apart from some no-Mark Sussex club.
Like Crawley Town?

Insert facepalm smiley.

The Last Dodo
31-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Insert facepalm smiley.

Now why would I do that you Brighton scum?

wigman
31-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Now why would I do that you Brighton scum?

Because you're talking crap you Pikey Twat.

The Last Dodo
31-05-2014, 04:54 PM

Well there was no need for that was there really?

The Last Dodo
31-05-2014, 04:55 PM
You Brighton scum.

The Last Dodo
31-05-2014, 04:57 PM

And one other thing... You call me a pikey and you call all Palace pikeys.

wigman
31-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Well there was no need for that was there really?

One has to let steam off from time to time.

The Last Dodo
31-05-2014, 05:03 PM
One has to let steam off from time to time.
'One' should remember whom 'one' follows from time to time then.
'One' follows a scumbag club that has lived in 'ones' shadow for longer than 'one' can recall.
One recalls this though....'ones team is a loada cnuts.'
By that I mean ones club.
Not ones.

The Last Dodo
31-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Oh and 'one' other thing.
As a Brightscum fan then one can f**k right off!

wigman
31-05-2014, 05:11 PM
'One' should remember whom 'one' follows from time to time then.
'One' follows a scumbag club that has lived in 'ones' shadow for longer than 'one' can recall.
One recalls this though....'ones team is a loada cnuts.'
By that I mean ones club.
Not ones.

You love us really.

wigman
31-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Oh and 'one' other thing.
As a Brightscum fan then one can f**k right off!

It is the Mighty Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club to you Nige.
Oh, and I ain't going anywhere.:hi:

The Last Dodo
31-05-2014, 05:15 PM
You love us really.

No I don't.
Well not really.
I can have a laugh and a joke about most things.
Except about youse lot.
I bought my boy up hating BHA.
I despise you. As all Palace should.
Xxx.

thereichstuff
31-05-2014, 05:17 PM

Abit like your team wiggers :)

The Last Dodo
31-05-2014, 05:22 PM

I'd like to know where you get this soppy 'Nige' lark from.
We are South East Londoners. The last name that should be aimed at us is 'Nigel.'
Your lot are from Sussex.
We should call you 'inbred sister shagging shag pots.'
Or some such. I couldn't think of a better wording than shag pots.
A bit more time then maybe. Well a bit more time and interest then maybe.
Anyhoo, 'Nigel?????'
Who the f**k are you?

The Last Dodo
31-05-2014, 05:33 PM
No I don't.
Well not really.
Except about youse lot.
Xxx.

I will say this though. He has mild dyslexia so grew up hating British Home Stores.
Until me and his mum smacked him in to understanding the difference.
He loves British Home Stores now. Especially the 'Towel' section.
Hates Brighton and Hove Albion with a passion though.
And that's what electro shock therapy can do sometimes.

Nth Kent Eagle
31-05-2014, 11:18 PM
You love us really.

Recently Brighton have been useful. The gift that keeps on giving.

Gooders
01-06-2014, 05:06 AM
Fulham will go well, as will Derby. Norwich may well keep hold of enough players to challenge as well.

Cardiff can sign as many players as they like - they have a twerp in charge and he'll be gone before Christmas.

Gooders
01-06-2014, 05:06 AM
Well, not in charge exactly, but running the team. Ish.

Cleon
01-06-2014, 06:12 AM
No I don't.
Well not really.
Except about youse lot.
Xxx.

Calm down there fella. You are factually right on all points of course, but there's no need to hit the special needs kids. And poor old Wigman puts up with a lot with a modicum of humility and decency. Save your bile for the day when the real scum (Londoner etc.) dare to show their pathetic little faces in public again.

stumpy feelers
01-06-2014, 07:35 AM
Don't shoot wigman down. He's the only one with balls to come back on here all the time. The others however. ..........

stumpy feelers
01-06-2014, 07:39 AM

With all due respect you have a shit manager and a even shittier owner. It's not who you buy in the championship it's team spirit. Something I see nothing of in Cardiff until you get rid of that nutter in charge. Derby will win the league.

eaglejez
01-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Our time will come.

that's what the Nazis used to say

The Last Dodo
01-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Calm down there fella. You are factually right on all points of course, but there's no need to hit the special needs kids. And poor old Wigman puts up with a lot with a modicum of humility and decency. Save your bile for the day when the real scum (Londoner etc.) dare to show their pathetic little faces in public again.

I will never calm down where the scum are concerned.
F**k them.
They are cunce.

The Last Dodo
01-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Don't try and be a clever c**t with me.
There may be some posters on here that think you're ok but not this one.
You're a Brighton ct.
As is, was and ever shall be.
Ya Brighton c**t.

Ninjas Headband
01-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Banter comes in many forms but abuse is just sad. Reel it fella.

Pistol Knight
01-06-2014, 05:08 PM
You're a Brighton ct.
Ya Brighton c**t.

your making yourself look a right ****

The Last Dodo
01-06-2014, 05:11 PM
your making yourself look a right ****

Where have I heard that before!

wigman
01-06-2014, 07:23 PM
You're a Brighton ct.
Ya Brighton c**t.

You need to stay away from the illegal substances fella, they are obviously having an affect on you.

Fur cough
01-06-2014, 07:37 PM
And you wonder why some of us have stopped posting?

SJ'sLoveMonkey
01-06-2014, 07:39 PM

At least you can still post on here Furk, Palace fans have been banished to one thread on NSC!

:D:sob:

Fur cough
01-06-2014, 07:42 PM
At least you can still post on here Furk, Palace fans have been banished to one thread on NSC!

:D:sob:

Not true.

The piss taking can now only be done on that thread, plenty of other posts from Palace fans on others all day.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
01-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Not true.

The piss taking can now only be done on that thread, plenty of other posts from Palace fans on others all day.

Oh goody!! ;)

Cleon
01-06-2014, 08:29 PM

To be fair Furc, our Angry Man has only been on the scene recently but most of your lot stopped posting just over 12-months ago. I don't think you can blame The Last Dodo for the exodus.

We don't have any Charlton fans on the BBS either, yet 10 years ago we had legions of the tedious wankers on here.

biggus mickus
02-06-2014, 07:04 AM
To be fair Furc, our Angry Man has only been on the scene recently but most of your lot stopped posting just over 12-months ago. I don't think you can blame The Last Dodo for the exodus.

We don't have any Charlton fans on the BBS either, yet 10 years ago we had legions of the tedious wankers on here.

Agreed.

elgin eagle
02-06-2014, 07:28 AM
I don't think they will storm anything, their defence is a bag of shit and the manager cannot complete a sentence.

Penstone Eagle
02-06-2014, 07:53 AM

Oh I think there are other reasons don't you.

Nobody's enjoying this clowns worthless posts on here, so just ignore him.

fang
02-06-2014, 09:37 AM
One question for Bluebird 08. Has it been confirmed that Malky (and I assume the same goes for Moody) have received no compensation payments?

Del Fenner
02-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Nobody's enjoying this clowns worthless posts on here

How do you know this? :confused:

Bluebirds 08
02-06-2014, 11:08 AM
One question for Bluebird 08. Has it been confirmed that Malky (and I assume the same goes for Moody) have received no compensation payments?

He dropped his case and received nothing. It must have cost him a fortune. He also apologised to Vincent Tan. It doesn't look good on him at all.....In hindsight, I have changed my mind regarding Malky. He was given plenty of money to spend and he squandered it badly.Here is an interview with Tan..He may be a bit of a nutter but he does make some valid points, I think.

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 11:49 AM
I do apologise for me outbursts recently.
I did get carried away a bit.
I spose.
One thing I won't apologise for though is my hated of all things Brighon.
I'll never apologise for that.
Xxx

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Fukc em.
Btw.

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 12:00 PM
You need to stay away from the illegal substances fella, they are obviously having an affect on you.

If that was advice given by a Palace fan then I might take some notice.
But it's not.
So I won't.

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Normally I wouldn't mind all this affrontery by Brighton fans. I really wouldn't you know.
The fact is that they can come on here at will spouting their nonsense.
We do the same on their site and get a ban.
I don't like that behaviour really.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
02-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Not true.

They're going to stop replacing our avatars, calling us pikeys and Nigels and other abusive names, revelling in people's misfortune during the Croydon riots, and so on? This is great news.

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 12:17 PM
I'm sorry to keep all on about this but it really does nark me.
If I have a failing, and I don't think I do, then it would be about Brighron and their fans.

fang
02-06-2014, 12:52 PM
He dropped his case and received nothing. It must have cost him a fortune. He also apologised to Vincent Tan. It doesn't look good on him at all.....In hindsight, I have changed my mind regarding Malky. He was given plenty of money to spend and he squandered it badly.Here is an interview with Tan..He may be a bit of a nutter but he does make some valid points, I think.

They 'reportedly' walked away with nothing. I have heard that , whilst not getting the full extent of their original claims, they were compensated.

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 01:46 PM

Oh I do apologise.
Well I don't really.
Fukc you, your scummy club and your scumbag county.

Beanie
02-06-2014, 01:47 PM

No compensation quite possibly, but I'm sure they didn't do too badly out of "wages owed" "expenses" "loyalty payments" and umpteen other obscure contractual payments.

Gosling
02-06-2014, 01:55 PM

Two soulless organisations, divorced from the fans and the community, which you attempt to emulate by wanking yourselves silly over the generosity of your Malaysian sugar daddy.

You make me sick. AMF

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 02:02 PM

You seem like a nice fella for a Brighton fan.
I'm sure we can both agree that you support a team full of cnuts though.
Surely?

Cleon
02-06-2014, 02:03 PM

I don't doubt that Tan is right on some things. So was Simon Jordan, and even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

However I really really really don't believe that Malky wasn't paid off in some way shape or form. Why else make that statement? If Tan had him by the balls in a counter-sue he would have sued him to high-heaven and got his version made public. Instead it all goes away quietly. Hmmm.

Gosling
02-06-2014, 02:08 PM

:lux:

He truly is.

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 02:10 PM

He truly is.

Well that's not very nice.
I ain't done nuffink to you have I?

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 02:13 PM
I problee have.
In which case, I apologise.

spt1978
02-06-2014, 03:55 PM
We spy when we want, we're Crystal Palace we spy when we want.

the drexciyan
02-06-2014, 04:35 PM
No compensation quite possibly, but I'm sure they didn't do too badly out of "wages owed" "expenses" "loyalty payments" and umpteen other obscure contractual payments.

Yes, I'll also bet the agreement could be dressed up in such a way that Malky got something but Tan could say he got no compensation as such. It would make sense if the LMA were involved too, though at the end of the day Tans lawyers are probably better funded than theirs.

Neillo's Son
02-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Not true.

Which are now all being moved on the basis that Palace fans are posting on threads that don't concern us apparently.

I thought the two cents from an outside perspective might prove entertaining but Bozza's decision to defect to North Korea has clearly altered his stance on this.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
02-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Which are now all being moved on the basis that Palace fans are posting on threads that don't concern us apparently.

I thought the two cents from an outside perspective might prove entertaining but Bozza's decision to defect to North Korea has clearly altered his stance on this.

They seem to want to pat each other on the back and tell each other how fantastic Brighton are! Another thing i constantly read on there is that how "Palace have the upper hand on us at the moment." At the moment?? Try 35 years!!

spt1978
02-06-2014, 06:48 PM
But they have the AMEX, lets hope they keep it longer than the ground they sat back and watched being taken from them.

wigman
02-06-2014, 06:56 PM
But they have the AMEX, lets hope they keep it longer than the ground they sat back and watched being taken from them.

Are you Old Gits son ?

Fur cough
02-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Hold on a minute here gents.

Is it really any different to here now, where in GPD you lot can all "pat eachother on the backs" without one of "us" putting an alternative point across.

There are several threads on there now with active Palace posters airing their views and not one is being moved, only ones derailing other threads.

Which coincidentally is what is happening to this one.

old git
02-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Are you Old Gits son ?

Are you workingclassprides mum?

wigman
02-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Are you workingclassprides mum?

Hook, line and sinker. :lux:

old git
02-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Hook, line and sinker. :lux:

Is it? It is good to see that the myth of your great battle has been exposed.:hi:

wigman
02-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Is it? It is good to see that the myth of your great battle has been exposed.:hi:

I've seen you lurking with intent recently, it is good for the forum that you've now resurfaced being the Main Man and all that.
You now need to sort that twat Dodo out and teach him how to show some respect for us JCL's.

old git
02-06-2014, 07:17 PM
I've seen you lurking with intent recently, it is good for the forum that you've now resurfaced being the Main Man and all that.
You now need to sort that twat Dodo out and teach him how to show some respect for us JCL's.

To be honest this place has gone to pot.Let's face it there is no argument to be had about who is presently more succesful and if there was who would we argue with? The majority have done a bunk.:D

Penstone Eagle
02-06-2014, 07:20 PM
To be honest this place has gone to pot.Let's face it there is no argument to be had about who is presently more succesful and if there was who would we argue with? The majority have done a bunk.:D

In a nutshell :p

wigman
02-06-2014, 07:21 PM

It would probably be with me and Furc, as we seem to be the last ones standing.

Penstone Eagle
02-06-2014, 07:23 PM
It would probably be with me and Furc, as we seem to be the last ones standing.

makes a change from being the last ones sitting at the Amex with 10 minutes to go :D :p

wigman
02-06-2014, 07:25 PM
makes a change from being the last ones sitting at the Amex with 10 minutes to go :D :p

No one leaves until they announce the attendance, which is around the 83rd minute. :D :p

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Are you Old Gits son ?

Ever been In The Premier League?

Fur cough
02-06-2014, 07:31 PM

Showing your age here boy, although I think we already knew.

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 07:33 PM

Showing your age here boy, although I think we already knew.

1992 it began.
I'll ask again. Ever been in The Premier League?

wigman
02-06-2014, 07:36 PM

Ever been in administration ?

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 07:37 PM
I'll add one more thing..of course you've not been in The Premier League.
The reason? You're no marks.
The best thing about you is that we are your rivals.
I know it. You know it. Every **** from Selhurst to Brighton knows it.

Fur cough
02-06-2014, 07:38 PM
1992 it began.
I'll ask again. Ever been in The Premier League?

Yes, for you and your generation Football began in 1992.

:D

Gathers54
02-06-2014, 07:39 PM

Ever had an income of approx 90m a season?

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 07:39 PM

Yes we have thanks very much.
Ever been 14m in debt?
Or been in The Premier League?

Pistol Knight
02-06-2014, 07:40 PM

Is it really any different to here now, where in GPD you lot can all "pat eachother on the backs" without one of "us" putting an alternative point across.

There are several threads on there now with active Palace posters airing their views and not one is being moved, only ones derailing other threads.

Your allowed to post in GPD Furk, you choose not to...............
I have another account on NSC in my real name now (well PK) with a Palace avatar, :D

NSC is pants run by a Nazi

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Yes, for you and your generation Football began in 1992.

:D

Well I know the Premier League started in 1992.
But why would that concern you?

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 07:44 PM
We are Palace and you ain't.
And that's the truth of it.

Fur cough
02-06-2014, 07:51 PM

Thank the bloody lord for that.

Amen brother.

Ade 70
02-06-2014, 07:53 PM

Now I'm far from being a fan of Brighton, but...

1) the vitriol you are aiming at 2 of their more respectable and decent fans is somewhat uncalled for and is making you out to be a bit of a twerp just trying to "up" your post count (keep your powder dry sir, until the Weed up their game a bit)

and...

2) this thread is about Cardiff....stop hijacking it :p

Chris K
02-06-2014, 07:55 PM

That's because we all agreed no one gives a toss about Cardiff :)

How's the manager search going? No one fancy it?

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Thank the bloody lord for that.

Amen brother.

What's it like being a no mark?
As Palace fans we've never experienced that.

Ade 70
02-06-2014, 08:00 PM
That's because we all agreed no one gives a toss about Cardiff :)

You make a valid point there....but to be fair to bluebird, he had the guts to reappear after we stuffed them, and there is some morbid fascination watching Tan screw things up :lux:

Fur cough
02-06-2014, 08:01 PM
What's it like being a no mark?
As Palace fans we've never experienced that.

Not been around too long then have you.

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 08:05 PM
That was nasty.
No need for that was there really?

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Also, forever in our shadow.
You always have been and you always will be.

Fur cough
02-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Also, forever in our shadow.
You always have been and you always will be.

Oh no, really?

Nobody has ever said that before, you have cut me to the quick with that one.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to post again after that, goodbye Dodo, I know when I'm beaten.

jjeagle
02-06-2014, 08:19 PM
If it looks like a troll, smells like a troll and posts like a re-hashed banned former troll then...................

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Oh no, really?

Nobody has ever said that before, you have cut me to the quick with that one.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to post again after that, goodbye Dodo, I know when I'm beaten.

Oh don't be like that.

The Last Dodo
02-06-2014, 08:28 PM
If it looks like a troll, smells like a troll and posts like a re-hashed banned former troll then...................

Eh?

Neillo's Son
02-06-2014, 11:14 PM

Having an away end on the NSC would totally change things, I'd like to think I know a fair share about BHAFC given that I'm from Brighton but getting told I should F off and die for posting something with more sense than a previous and irrational comment from a NSC native says it all about the attitude on there at times.

There are some decent people on there but since our playoff victory, the level of bitterness has reached an all time high in my lifetime and it's almost impossible to have any sort of debate.

New LP
03-06-2014, 12:02 AM
Hasn't the thread starter already gone some way to telling the Brighton fans their line up for next season?

Bluebirds 08
03-06-2014, 11:56 PM

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-cardiff-city-manager-malky-7094557

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/malky-mackay-issues-humble-apology-3520490

Arron
04-06-2014, 05:17 AM
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-cardiff-city-manager-malky-7094557

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/malky-mackay-issues-humble-apology-3520490

The Walesonline piece says nothing about Mackay not receiving any money, and whilst the Mirror article says Mackay ended up without a penny it also says he reached a "settlement" with Loony Tan. If you honestly believe that both Mackay and Moody dropped their legal action without receiving a penny then I think you are extraordinarily naive.

anti-addick
04-06-2014, 07:12 AM

Would this awful situation be the one where Cardiff weren't in the relegation places?

Bluebirds 08
04-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Would this awful situation be the one where Cardiff weren't in the relegation places?

No we were hovering just above, however he had to deal with the fall-out from Tan and Malky and the ensuing hostility between Tan and the fans, all played out to the footballing public. It wasn't a stable situation for a young new manager to come into at all....real diving in at the deep end stuff. The fact that two of his next 3 games were away to man city and man utd, didn't help either.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
04-06-2014, 02:55 PM
No we were hovering just above, however he had to deal with the fall-out from Tan and Malky and the ensuing hostility between Tan and the fans, all played out to the footballing public. It wasn't a stable situation for a young new manager to come into at all....real diving in at the deep end stuff. The fact that two of his next 3 games were away to man city and man utd, didn't help either.

Let's face it, he looked like a little boy lost, tactically inept and indecisive, and regardless of whether the opposition were Man City or Palace, his management did not increase the team's chances of success.

Bluebirds 08
05-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Let's face it, he looked like a little boy lost, tactically inept and indecisive, and regardless of whether the opposition were Man City or Palace, his management did not increase the team's chances of success.

Yep, I agree with that....just hoping that we might see him blossom now that he isn't in the cauldron of the Premiership...We will have a good squad so it's whether he can perform now as a manager or not. Lots of City fans have got their doubts about Ole

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142503

elgin eagle
05-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Yep, I agree with that....just hoping that we might see him blossom now that he isn't in the cauldron of the Premiership...We will have a good squad so it's whether he can perform now as a manager or not. Lots of City fans have got their doubts about Ole

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142503

Do you think you'll keep Marshall? I think with your defence, if you lose him you could struggle next season.

Crozzy71
05-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Having an away end on the NSC would totally change things, I'd like to think I know a fair share about BHAFC given that I'm from Brighton but getting told I should F off and die for posting something with more sense than a previous and irrational comment from a NSC native says it all about the attitude on there at times.

There are some decent people on there but since our playoff victory, the level of bitterness has reached an all time high in my lifetime and it's almost impossible to have any sort of debate.

That's great in my opinion. I would trade them reaching all new heights of bitterness for my life ban from NSC.

Crozzy71
05-06-2014, 11:43 AM

Grabban has chosen to go to Norwich.

Jim Cannon
05-06-2014, 11:48 AM

It got even worse for him after the "unexpected" defeat to Palace

leicester1
05-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Question for anyone....Frazer Campbell.....marks out of 10 please for team effort and being a danger to defences 25 yards outside the box....i know naff all about him but apparently he's talking to our club....cheers......then you can carry on....:p

old git
05-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Question for anyone....Frazer Campbell.....marks out of 10 please for team effort and being a danger to defences 25 yards outside the box....i know naff all about him but apparently he's talking to our club....cheers......then you can carry on....:p

Who is he?:confused:

leicester1
05-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Thats what i thought...Cardiff player apparently....thought you Premiership lot would know OG....:hi:

JAS78
05-06-2014, 08:47 PM
I think Campbell has been riddled with injuries through his career.

Jury still out if he is PL standard. Doubtful.

leicester1
05-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Cheers JA....0 out of 1 so far then...

JAS78
05-06-2014, 09:04 PM
I remember he looked a real prospect when he was on loan at tottenham few years ago, was in and around the England setup touted the next Defoe etc. Then was sold to sunderland had injuries and went backwards, before being offloaded to the welsh for about 600k I think

Decent if fit but championship probably his level nowadays, just my opinion.

leicester1
05-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Ah...thats where iv'e seen him...Sunnerland a few years ago...pacey if i recall correctly...cheers..:p

CharlieCPFC
05-06-2014, 09:53 PM
He scored a few goals last season at Cardiff, he definitely has ability in my opinion. Although I thought Leicester would've gone for somebody a bit better, I'm surprised Wood hasn't come through as good as I had expected in the last season. He's somebody I'd like to see us take a hit at for 2M.

Jim Cannon
06-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Thats what i thought...Cardiff player apparently....thought you Premiership lot would know OG....:hi:

Looks ok to me but nothing special. My west ham mate rates him very highly though and wishes they would sign him if this helps

Malarkey
06-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Nah Frazier Campbell is average imo...says a lot that I think Kenwynne Jones was Cardiff's better striker...

Bluebirds 08
06-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Ah...thats where iv'e seen him...Sunnerland a few years ago...pacey if i recall correctly...cheers..:p

He doesn't stop running and gives it his all. Jordan Mutch was our top scorer last season and Campbell was just behind him with 6 although he also scored 3 in the FA cup. He didn't have much service to be fair to him. I honestly think the Championship is his level though. His touch let him down badly last season and in the Premiership that showed on too many occasions.
Here he scores against Man Utd on and around the 1.40 mark..nice goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DZRjWMn6V0

leicester1
06-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Cheers Blue and everyone else...juries out i think....on reading the comments i'm not wholly convinced but the manager knows best.......or does he?

We,Leicester are apparently keeping an eye on whether Palace lad Koshigi gets offered a new contract........by the way,i watched Chris Wood in his first game for us away at Bristol when he scored a cracking hat trick....though Bristol had doomed written all over them....since then he's missed an awful lot of games though occasionally showing good signs with a clinical eye for the net...hope he stays....not overjoyed at some of our signings but theres still time.....Palace Away 1st game please....not bloody winter again...

Jim Cannon
07-06-2014, 05:37 AM
Cheers Blue and everyone else...juries out i think....on reading the comments i'm not wholly convinced but the manager knows best.......or does he?

We,Leicester are apparently keeping an eye on whether Palace lad Koshigi gets offered a new contract........by the way,i watched Chris Wood in his first game for us away at Bristol when he scored a cracking hat trick....though Bristol had doomed written all over them....since then he's missed an awful lot of games though occasionally showing good signs with a clinical eye for the net...hope he stays....not overjoyed at some of our signings but theres still time.....Palace Away 1st game please....not bloody winter again...

You are after KG.....

hdeagle
19-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Marshall is wanted by Southampton according to the Sun.

maestro
16-09-2014, 08:47 PM
BUMP!

17th place with -1 goal difference!

apparently they have the best championship squad ever :D

Jim Cannon
16-09-2014, 08:53 PM
OGS out

Winny
17-09-2014, 01:30 PM
crisis talks this afternoon. Cardiff have only won five of Solskjaer's 25 league games over his time and only picked up 1 point out of a possible 12.

everyone's favourite Malaysian will be at it again

Penstone Eagle
17-09-2014, 01:37 PM
It's quite clear that clubs have known Cardiffs starting eleven, it is inconceivable that OGS is a sh*t manager.

Santos-er
17-09-2014, 03:43 PM
ITK's on the Cardiff board saying Pulis is lined up to replace OGS.

Can't see it personally, but apparently he grew up a Cardiff fan and has said in the past he would like to manage them "at some point".

Would enough wonga and lots of lubberlee money to spend on transfers (at the club he supported) outweigh working for a maniac, in the Championship, that publicly humiliates past managers that he doesn't like?

Hmm.

rhynoeagle
17-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Personally don't think Pulis would be anywhere near as effective in that division. Always said I was happy with him in the Prem but had we been relegated with him I'd have been concerned.

Jono14
17-09-2014, 04:51 PM
If he didn't get on with Parish I'd love to see him try get on with Tan.

BeaverWilly
17-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Solskajear set to leave according to Sky Sports.

It was always only a matter of time.

Far East Eagle
17-09-2014, 05:18 PM
BBC is saying he is likely to go tonight as well. A strange appointment, and a strange man to boot

maestro
17-09-2014, 05:31 PM
If Tan throws money at it like he did for Mackay I think it will work well.

stumpy feelers
19-09-2014, 08:22 PM
With that nutter in charge Cardiff bluedragons will stagnate into nothingness

Leap of faith
23-09-2014, 07:49 PM
With that nutter in charge Cardiff bluedragons will stagnate into nothingness

Looks like the stagnation has started tonight, or could it get worse!:vader:

JAS78
23-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Such a toxic atmosphere at this club, all fed down from that maniac owner to the deluded fans.

Team spirit is everything in the championship and this lot haven't got an ounce. Another relegation could definitely be on the cards, a club with absolutely no direction.

Jim Cannon
24-09-2014, 12:50 AM
Such a toxic atmosphere at this club, all fed down from that maniac owner to the deluded fans.

Team spirit is everything in the championship and this lot haven't got an ounce. Another relegation could definitely be on the cards, a club with absolutely no direction.

The further and quicker they drop, the better

SJ'sLoveMonkey
24-09-2014, 03:27 AM
The further and quicker they drop, the better

This :p

eaglejez
30-09-2014, 09:29 PM

Your team suck big time :D

maestro
30-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Hows KG worked out for you :D

danpalace07
30-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Hows KG worked out for you :D

still unfit

Jim Cannon
01-10-2014, 11:51 AM
still unfit

I keep looking for his name in the team and never see it, still he's probably on very good money though:D

Shoreditch CPFC
03-10-2014, 07:30 PM

LOL. How's KG getting on?

maestro
03-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Im actually in shock at how shit Cardiff are! wont be far off relegation

KentEagle1
03-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Should change the title to storm league one for next season

Jim Cannon
03-10-2014, 09:13 PM
Im actually in shock at how shit Cardiff are! wont be far off relegation

Cardiff fans would do well to remember that until fairly recently they were a long established lower league club. Their delusional arrogance is of course replicated by our friends on the south coast:D

Bluebirds 08
17-10-2014, 12:40 PM
New manager in charge now..beating Forest tomorrow would give us confidence and kick start our season into action. I wouldn't be too disrespectful of Cardiff. Yes we've gone through a bad patch and a dreadful start but we won't be too far off the play-offs. :-)

Neillo's Son
17-10-2014, 12:51 PM
New manager in charge now..beating Forest tomorrow would give us confidence and kick start our season into action. I wouldn't be too disrespectful of Cardiff. Yes we've gone through a bad patch and a dreadful start but we won't be too far off the play-offs. :-)

The only reason we're taking the mick is 'cos you said you would storm The Championship!

Bluebirds 08
17-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Fair enough!! :-)

Vince Hilaire's Afro
17-10-2014, 01:05 PM

You haven't gone through a bad patch, you're still in the middle of one, and there's very little, if any, evidence that Slade has the qualities to get Cardiff to the playoffs.

Other than that, your optimism is well founded.

Bluebirds 08
21-10-2014, 09:14 PM
I think my optimism was well founded.........WE ARE BACK!!!!!! :-) Defeated unbeaten Forest and now Ipswich....Now for Millwall on Saturday!

little al
22-10-2014, 03:13 AM
I think my optimism was well founded.........WE ARE BACK!!!!!! :-) Defeated unbeaten Forest and now Ipswich....Now for Millwall on Saturday!

Battle of the scumbags.

22-10-2014, 07:44 AM

I don't mean to be rude, but I honestly could not give a shit. You're an irrelevant club. I would expect most of your fans to feel the same way about us.

sw16girl
22-10-2014, 08:06 AM

Beware the dead cat bounce. Not saying you will not be doing better now but 2 wins do not make a turn round in form to get you to the playoffs.

Bluebirds 08
22-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Beware the dead cat bounce. Not saying you will not be doing better now but 2 wins do not make a turn round in form to get you to the playoffs.

That's true but there's grounds for cautious optimism after the rubbish we've had to endure for so long. Actually playing as a team now, with the best players playing in their best position....that's been missing for too long

Bluebirds 08
22-10-2014, 09:22 PM
I don't mean to be rude, but I honestly could not give a shit. You're an irrelevant club. I would expect most of your fans to feel the same way about us.

I like to chat about other teams as a fan of football. That's why I go on other forums as well as Cardiff's. I know a lot of supporters only care about their own team...no probs. I think there are a few Palace fans who watch out for our results though....even if it's only hoping that we get beaten! :) And you never know, one way or another, we could well get to play each other again next season!!

Arron
22-10-2014, 09:51 PM

Delusional f*ck-wittery. You're as bad as the soppy bastards from the south coast.

PeterH
23-10-2014, 01:23 AM
I think they'll make the play offs. As they should with the players and backing they have. Shows what a twat Ole was.

Not exactly storming the Championship, though.