PDA

View Full Version : Scotland v England

Mad Raschic Ken
14-07-2014, 08:12 PM
18 November at Celtic. Flights and hotel booked. Looking forward to it.

maestro
14-07-2014, 08:14 PM
Trying to distract fans from the disaster of the world cup.

CPFC_DAVE77
14-07-2014, 08:22 PM
To be fair will be a competitive test - fairly evening matches teams. ;)

Mad Raschic Ken
14-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Trying to distract fans from the disaster of the world cup.

To be fair the game was strongly rumoured well before the World Cup. In my case I don't need a distraction, because I thought we did alright in Brazil. Young players weren't quite good enough, but will have learnt from the experience. They exceeded my low expectation level!

Aside from all of that, just like with Palace, there's more to an away trip than the football. I've got Basel in September, Tallinn in October, Glasgow in November and Dublin next June booked up. Should all be cracking trips irrespective of the level of performance of the team.

Gosling
14-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Forget England v Scotland. They should arrange a regular England V France Agincourt Memorial game. Even if the frogs weren't up for it at least the England team will have had a game against a 'better than league 1' opposition team. I know The England team doesn't deserve it, but they need to be stretched a bit. Playing the haggisworriers on a regular basis isn't the way to do it.

Gosling
14-07-2014, 08:36 PM
I don't like the sweaties much, me.

PALACEFAN
14-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Forget England v Scotland. They should arrange a regular England V France Agincourt Memorial game. Even if the frogs weren't up for it at least the England team will have had a game against a 'better than league 1' opposition team. I know The England team doesn't deserve it, but they need to be stretched a bit. Playing the haggisworriers on a regular basis isn't the way to do it.

Maybe the French don't want to waste time playing against a lowly team like England?

It was hardly like England beat Scotland convincing last time.

Mad Raschic Ken
14-07-2014, 08:41 PM
I don't like the sweaties much me.

Each to their own. Personally I quite like the Scots. It was a great atmosphere when they came to Wembley and will hopefully be the same at their place. Love a bit of friendly rivalry me.

NorthCurveEagle
14-07-2014, 08:47 PM
I'm excited, Scotland match at the stadium of the team I support, against our oldest most bitter rivals? Sign me up!

Mad Raschic Ken
14-07-2014, 08:55 PM
I'm excited, Scotland match at the stadium of the team I support, against our oldest most bitter rivals? Sign me up!

If you fancy a beer in Glasgow with a bitter rival give me a shout. We can talk about Palace!

cupid stunt
14-07-2014, 09:13 PM

It`s what fitbas all about!!!

NorthCurveEagle
14-07-2014, 09:15 PM
If you fancy a beer in Glasgow with a bitter rival give me a shout. We can talk about Palace!

No bother mate, will have to see if I'm free on the day, might be unable to go, but if I can make a pub pre-match I'll give you a shout

the drexciyan
15-07-2014, 07:23 AM
Each to their own. Personally I quite like the Scots. It was a great atmosphere when they came to Wembley and will hopefully be the same at their place. Love a bit of friendly rivalry me.

I used to be pretty ambivalent to Scotland, and sided for them when they played in WCs. Then I went up there during the 2002 WC and saw things like all the football shirts of competing nations in a sports shop window, minus England and plus Scotland. There's friendly rivalry for sure but an undercurrent to the English that would make me want to steer clear of Glasgow for this one.

Dorking .Eagle
15-07-2014, 07:29 AM
Have the points (sorry caps) needed to go to this, but just cannot justify renewing my ef (or whatever they are calling it this time) membership as I'm not even sure I'd bother with France 2016 getting the tickets face value (all I'd need to do really is keep going every home game. Unfortunately I'm out (but I did do the Scotland away game in 1999 and that was brilliant, so anyone going - enjoy!)

Mad Raschic Ken
15-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Have the points (sorry caps) needed to go to this, but just cannot justify renewing my ef (or whatever they are calling it this time) membership as I'm not even sure I'd bother with France 2016 getting the tickets face value (all I'd need to do really is keep going every home game. Unfortunately I'm out (but I did do the Scotland away game in 1999 and that was brilliant, so anyone going - enjoy!)

That's a shame. I reckon it'll be great in France - the closest we'll have had for some time to Germany in 2006 and the last tournament like that for a while too. I'm hoping to get my son's caps level high enough to get him to at least one game out there too. Hopefully I'll get him out to San Marino next year for his first away trip. He'll be 11 by 2016 and will absolutely love it.

GloverUK
15-07-2014, 08:26 AM
Bring back the 4 team Home International Championships !!!!!!! It was only three games, but what fun they were.

World Cup every 4 years
European Championships every 4 years
Home Internationals every 2 years in between

cpfc4evandeva
15-07-2014, 08:45 AM
That's a shame. I reckon it'll be great in France - the closest we'll have had for some time to Germany in 2006 and the last tournament like that for a while too.

Yep. After that one the Euros are being f*cked up with no host nation, and the subsequent World Cups will be rubbish. I've no interest in watching England, but I think I'll go to France and try and catch a game or two.

Dorking .Eagle
15-07-2014, 06:44 PM
That's a shame. I reckon it'll be great in France - the closest we'll have had for some time to Germany in 2006 and the last tournament like that for a while too. I'm hoping to get my son's caps level high enough to get him to at least one game out there too. Hopefully I'll get him out to San Marino next year for his first away trip. He'll be 11 by 2016 and will absolutely love it.

Did 53 England aways from 97-2013 but lost a lot of interest in it to be honest. Used to be really on the ball and book up flights etc at the merest mention of a fixture, getting to some great games for really decent prices. Hard to justify the cost and time it takes up at the moment, especially as I've waited half a lifetime to see Palace properly competing again at the top level. Don't want to miss Palace at the moment so that has to come first for me and mine.

Maybe I'll get back into it again in a decades time or something! It is addictive until you break the habit.

Mad Raschic Ken
15-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Did 53 England aways from 97-2013 but lost a lot of interest in it to be honest. Used to be really on the ball and book up flights etc at the merest mention of a fixture, getting to some great games for really decent prices. Hard to justify the cost and time it takes up at the moment, especially as I've waited half a lifetime to see Palace properly competing again at the top level. Don't want to miss Palace at the moment so that has to come first for me and mine.

Maybe I'll get back into it again in a decades time or something! It is addictive until you break the habit.

I know what you mean. Watching football is addictive full stop. I don't do every England trip. I missed 5 over the last two years and didn't go to the World Cup. Fortunately I am able to do Palace and England at the moment, so don't need to choose. When Palace get into Europe next season it might be a different story!

Dorking .Eagle
15-07-2014, 09:17 PM
If Pulis is still manager for 3 more full seasons it will come.