PDA

View Full Version : Questions to CPFC2010 ?

Pages : [1] 2

PeterK
27-08-2014, 03:04 PM
"Questions to CPFC2010 - Closed for the Summer"......when will this be back? If ever?

palacea
27-08-2014, 03:05 PM
When the shit has stoppeth flying

liberal clubber
27-08-2014, 03:10 PM
We have lift off....
oh alright-how about Questions to Nutella?

thehalifaxman
27-08-2014, 03:15 PM
When the transfer window shuts I imagine it will open up again. Saves everyone asking questions they can't answer

Thanet Eagle
27-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Probably won't open again what with the hyperbole flying around on here.

beef
27-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Think they've had a few things to do recently

TheRev
27-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Doubt there's an internet connection in the bunker they've holed in...

Gollum
27-08-2014, 03:19 PM
September 2nd...

nottsunieagle
Read somewhere it wouldn't come back until after the window closed.

Sensible given the larger than usual level of shit being spouted here.

beef
I love technology but it is amazing how needy it has made us. Everything is micro-analysed and criticism is amplified.

Selhurst Celtic
27-08-2014, 03:20 PM
I have heard that Neteller will be the voice of the club for the fans now, and that the forum is to be renamed 'Questions to Neteller' & they are currently discussing with the Mods off of this site if they will include a Waitrose green colour for the section.

palacea
27-08-2014, 03:25 PM

The hordes are getting numerous and closer...

Quipton
27-08-2014, 03:30 PM
I have heard that Neteller will be the voice of the club for the fans now, and that the forum is to be renamed 'Questions to Neteller' & they are currently discussing with the Mods off of this site if they will include a Waitrose green colour for the section.

Damn, beat me to it!

biggus mickus
27-08-2014, 03:33 PM
"Questions to CPFC2010 - Closed for the Summer"......when will this be back? If ever?

Lucky its there at all. With the bed wetting going on here at the moment, if I was Steve, I would keep it closed.

norwood58
27-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Browett would be mad to come anywhere near this for a while !

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Lucky its there at all. With the bed wetting going on here at the moment, if I was Steve, I would keep it closed.

That is very tempting :)

I said that we'd try again once the transfer window closes down and the current hysteria dies down a little, so let's stick with that.

I'm very happy to try and help people with ticketing questions, problems with seats, catering, travel etc and other general questions but, as usual, I won't be answering questions about players, managers etc

Cheers

Steve

PS - great to have a new manager installed and looking forward to Neil getting the team back on track and maybe bringing in a few new players.

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Browett would be mad to come anywhere near this for a while !

True, but it will all calm down again soon. We've got a very good team, great staff at the training ground and now a very experienced manager. With a few new additions to the squad and some points on the board everyone will be happy again.

smileysmith
27-08-2014, 03:46 PM

Must spread rep etc ...

CPFC247
27-08-2014, 03:52 PM
True, but it will all calm down again soon. We've got a very good team, great staff at the training ground and now a very experienced manager. With a few new additions to the squad and some points on the board everyone will be happy again.

You will never keep everyone happy, believe me. There are some very sad individuals on the internet who will actually want NW to fail so they can come on here and get all excited.

The silent majority will just carry on supporting the team 100%.

norwood58
27-08-2014, 03:53 PM

Fair play Steve.

Ali77
27-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Damn. No questions about players. I was going to ask why the buckley deal fell through.

Lingfield Eagle
27-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Careful Steve, talking sense on the BBS never works.

Norwich_Eagle
27-08-2014, 04:00 PM
WHEN DOES NUGENT COME?!?

ARRRRRRRGH!!!!

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Damn. No questions about players. I was going to ask why the buckley deal fell through.

Only you will ever know that as I think you invented it in the first place didn't you?

MikeyBaby
27-08-2014, 04:03 PM
:D

LDNEAGLE
27-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Only you will ever know that as I think you invented in the first place didn't you?

Haha :lux:

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 04:04 PM
You will never keep everyone happy, believe me. There are some very sad individuals on the internet who will actually want NW to fail so they can come on here and get all excited.

The silent majority will just carry on supporting the team 100%.

There are a handful of posters on the BBS who really do want Palace to fail but I've never met a Palace fan in the flesh like that.

LDNEAGLE
27-08-2014, 04:06 PM

Whilst I know you cannot confirm any particular players/transfers did Neil say he wanted to bring in any more targets? (I.E Do I need to have sky sports on at work on Monday)

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Whilst I know you cannot confirm any particular players/transfers did Neil say he wanted to bring in any more targets? (I.E Do I need to have sky sports on at work on Monday)

Yes, Neil has some good suggestions and so do Palace's scouts.

NW is meeting up this evening with Keith, the scouts and SP to discuss them further and I'd expect some good news pretty quickly. Certainly before Monday.

Davy64
27-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Only you will ever know that as I think you invented it in the first place didn't you?

Game, Set and Match ha ha

Ali77
27-08-2014, 04:13 PM

Not me, my flatmates cousin! Ha ha can't believe you have even commented on that. I concur with your thoughts that a couple of points on the boards and possibly signings will get everyone going again. Reading between the lines I feel you as a board couldn't find a suitable long term option in the timeframe you had after mckay fell through. I and 99 percent of our support will be behind Neil and the boys. I'm actually excited I fancy us for a cup run and Neil has always loved a cup run!!!!! All the best now for the season, fully behind you and the other 3.

LDNEAGLE
27-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Yes, Neil has some good suggestions and so do Palace's scouts.

NW is meeting up this evening with Keith, the scouts and SP to discuss them further and I'd expect some good news pretty quickly. Certainly before Monday.

So I need Sky Sports News on in the office all day between now and then? ... Cheers, I'll let the boss know.

Scrumpy
27-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Do we need to pop any Cork's any time soon?

CPFC247
27-08-2014, 04:21 PM
There are a handful of posters on the BBS who really do want Palace to fail but I've never met a Palace fan in the flesh like that.

Thats cause they are too busy bashing their keyboards rather than actually turning up at a game.

norwood58
27-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Does SP keep you all updated on what's happening and do you get a chance to input ?

Bognor Eagle
27-08-2014, 04:23 PM
I take it Keith millen will remain at the Palace then, the man deserves your and our loyalty

davech
27-08-2014, 04:26 PM

I thought I heard singing....

"Men of Palace stop your dreaming
Can't you see their spear-points gleaming ....."

yorkshire eagle
27-08-2014, 04:26 PM
steve, can you confirm that as a Yorkshire man i now get a 100% discount on anything i buy at palace:D oh and when are you building my brewpub:p that you discribed as the best surggestion ever on the BBS

Langers
27-08-2014, 04:27 PM

I said that we'd try again once the transfer window closes down and the current hysteria dies down a little, so let's stick with that.

I'm very happy to try and help people with ticketing questions, problems with seats, catering, travel etc and other general questions but, as usual, I won't be answering questions about players, managers etc

Cheers

Steve

PS - great to have a new manager installed and looking forward to Neil getting the team back on track and maybe bringing in a few new players.

Fair play Steve ... just get Wilf to sign and all the doubters will be happy :p

Kirby
27-08-2014, 04:32 PM

Stop speaking sense for God's sake.

Latvian
27-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Do we need to pop any Cork's any time soon?

Don't Farr Vinters only have screw-top type wines?

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Thats cause they are too busy bashing their keyboards rather than actually turning up at a game.

Not just their keyboards.

Barbara4003
27-08-2014, 04:39 PM

:eek:

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 04:39 PM
I take it Keith millen will remain at the Palace then, the man deserves your and our loyalty

I would be very surprised and disappointed if Keith left but we will never tell our manager how to run his training ground nor what players to buy or what tactics to use.

GodstoneEagle
27-08-2014, 04:40 PM

don't look, Barbara.

Scrumpy
27-08-2014, 04:40 PM

way hey! lol

http://www.richborough.org.uk/images/bishop.png

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 04:41 PM

I hope the journos don't quote me on that one, but you know which happy BBS souls I was referring to, don't you?

Langers
27-08-2014, 04:42 PM
I hope the journos don't quote me on that one, but you know which happy BBS souls I was referring to, don't you?

The Gay Snake? :D

Scrumpy
Serious question now, I imagine the first we will here from Neil will be in the normal pre match press conference?

croydonexile
Have you met neil yet steve ?

Barbara4003

I most certainly do ;)

PauLo
27-08-2014, 04:44 PM
I can see the headlines now... CPFC CHIEF IN MASTURBATION JOKE SHOCKER!

Bet some would blame that on SP too.

L'kooch
27-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Mr Steve, why did you go with Warnock instead of Clarke?

Jon_C-Pal
27-08-2014, 04:50 PM

On the subject of being happy again, do you know of the problems with row 26 of the arthur??

croydonexile
27-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Why was the announcement on NW's appointment made by Neteller before the clubs own official announcement. ?

CPFC2010
On the subject of being happy again, do you know of the problems with row 26 of the arthur??

Yes I do, that has been noted and the stadium manager has been asked to get the contractors who fitted the seats to sort it out. They will do it before the next home game. If it's still not right then let me know.

EDIT - The stadium manager has checked this out now and agrees that the contactors have not got the leg room right on this row. They will try and find a way of fixing this.

Scrumpy
I can see the headlines now... CPFC CHIEF IN MASTURBATION JOKE SHOCKER!

Bet some would blame that on SP too.

If its in the Daily Mail

"PALACE CO-CHAIRMAN IN SLUR SHOCKER
'All Palace fans are w***ers' claims Eagles Supremo

Palace co chairman SB caused controversy yesterday by claiming all of the fans of the his club are "w**nkers". This has caused outrage amongst Palace fans who are calling for the immediate resignation of his fellow co-chairman SP"

Danny boy
27-08-2014, 04:55 PM
Mr Steve, why did you go with Warnock instead of Clarke?

Did they even interview him?

thereichstuff
27-08-2014, 04:55 PM
If its in the Daily Mail

"PALACE CO-CHAIRMAN IN SLUR SHOCKER
'All Palace fans are w***ers' claims Eagles Supremo

Palace co chairman SB caused controversy yesterday by claiming all of the fans of the his club are "w**nkers". This has caused outrage amongst Palace fans who are calling for his immediate resignation"
You've done it now !

Heb 7:4
27-08-2014, 04:58 PM

That would be because Danny Boy doesn't go to games.

Jon_C-Pal
27-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Yes I do, that has been noted and the stadium manager has been asked to get the contractors who fitted the seats to sort it out. They will do it before the next home game. If it's still not right then let me know.

Wonderful, didnt know if it had been bought to your attention. Thanks!

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 05:00 PM
Did they even interview him?

I was just thinking about you Danny. :hi:

Sorry but I'm sure you know that I can't answer that question. All I can say is that the process was very thorough and a huge amount of effort and serious thought went into the appointment. Time will tell if it was the right one but I think there was more criticism of the appointment of TP than this time round.

Everything we do is for the good of the club and done with the best intentions. It's all gone pretty well so far in the last 4 years, even you would have to admit that.

civil eagle
27-08-2014, 05:03 PM

Cheers

Steve

I wouldn't bother If we're You Quite. a few on here don't deserve to have their questions skewered

JDawg
27-08-2014, 05:04 PM
I wouldn't bother If we're You Quite. a few on here don't deserve to have their questions skewered

Que?

civil eagle
27-08-2014, 05:05 PM

Cheers

Steve

I wouldn't bother If we're You Quite. a few on here don't deserve to have their questions answered

civil eagle
27-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Que?

Bloody phone

Langers
27-08-2014, 05:07 PM
Fair play Steve ... just get Wilf to sign and all the doubters will be happy :p

That was quick! I love watching Wilf ... Wolves away was the night I was blown away by his talent ... Thank you CPFC2010 :lux: ... watch the doubters crawl away ... can't wait for Saturday :p

HurstpierPalace
27-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Cheers for making the appointment, Steve. Not sold on the idea but we could do a lot worse and you've all earned our trust after what you've done for the club and where you've brought it to.

Most of all I wanted to say good effort to whoever has done the merch this season. The gear looks proper smart. Do you know if we'll be getting more retro kits released in the future?

silver
27-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Game, Set and Match ha ha

:p

richj363
27-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Steve , any news on the Selhurst 6

lombardo7
27-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Do we need to watch @neteller for news of any signings now, instead of the clubs official media?

Ali77
27-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Steve, are you able to tell us why nina left the crystals? How long until a replacement is announced or is this likely to be a lengthy process in which you and the other 3 discuss the best way forward?

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Do we need to watch @neteller for news of any signings now, instead of the clubs official media?

One day you will post something that's not taking the * out of the club and that will really be news.

JDawg
27-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Can we re-sign big Calv?

GreatGonzo
27-08-2014, 05:22 PM

Cheers

Steve

So that's an admission we will not buy any players, the owners are pocketing the cash and we are planning for relegation then?

Just to help out the moaners out as i don't think this post has been disected, twisted and misrepresented yet has it? ;)

Regarding the questions forum, it has its place it is very useful but after the window slams shut we still have 12 days till the next game, so unlikely anything groundbreaking will be asked in there. Give yourselves a week or two after it shuts before opening it up IMO.

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Steve , any news on the Selhurst 6

I've just spoken with Mandy and she hope to get them on sale next week.

burgess hill 84
27-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Steve, can you explain to me why Neil Warnock is on the Talksport breakfast show tomorrow morning with Alan Brazil on the first day in a new job ,and not at the training ground meeting the players and staff?

Breaking rocks
27-08-2014, 05:26 PM
COYP

CPFC2010
So that's an admission we will not buy any players, the owners are pocketing the cash and we are planning for relegation then?

Just to help out the moaners out as i don't think this post has been disected, twisted and misrepresented yet has it? ;)

Regarding the questions forum, it has its place it is very useful but after the window slams shut we still have 12 days till the next game, so unlikely anything groundbreaking will be asked in there. Give yourselves a week or two after it shuts before opening it up IMO.

Actually there was no need for me to have used the word maybe.

richj363
I've just spoken with Mandy and she hope to get them on sale next week.

Thank you for that quick answer. :lux:

James
27-08-2014, 05:27 PM
The Moderators (and Steve B) have been discussing a change to the format of the Questions forum and this may be a good place to raise the matter for comments and suggestions.

Concerns have been raised about too many questions in the forum drifting off topic, or into general banter. Often the discussions widens into interesting areas which ought to be in the more widely visited GPD.

One suggestion is that when the forum reopens we ask CPFC2010 to be more ruthless in only approving sensible questions which follow the guidelines (so, for example, questions about players' contracts would be unapproved and would not appear - and nor would threads with mere pleasantries, sycophantic congratulations, abuse and/or idle chatter).

Once a question has been opened and a discussion follows, it will be moved/duplicated by one of the Moderators to GPD, where it can develop or sink with the other GPD threads. Of course CPFC2010 could still contribute to such threads, but away from the Questions forum. The original question and answer will remain duplicated in the Questions forum, but closed for further discussion there.

Another suggestion is that we abandon the Questions forum completely, and just ask Steve to pop in to GPD occasionally (as he is doing now) to address questions.

lombardo7
27-08-2014, 05:27 PM
One day you will post something that's not taking the piss out of the club and that will really be news.

Simple question though, do I need to follow them for transfer news after today?

Let's see where we are at the end of the season re Pulis, Warnock and any signings that strengthen our squad.

Eagle's Nest
27-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Are you having us on? Serious question!

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Steve, can you explain to me why Neil Warnock is on the Talksport breakfast show tomorrow morning with Alan Brazil on the first day in a new job ,and not at the training ground meeting the players and staff?

Well they do have a phone at the training ground and I assume he'll do the interview before the players arrive for training.

Scrumpy
27-08-2014, 05:30 PM
The Moderators (and Steve B) have been discussing a change to the format of the Questions forum and this may be a good place to raise the matter for comments and suggestions.

Concerns have been raised about too many questions in the forum drifting off topic, or into general banter. Often the discussions widens into interesting areas which ought to be in the more widely visited GPD.

One suggestion is that when the forum reopens we ask CPFC2010 to be more ruthless in only approving sensible questions which follow the guidelines (so, for example, questions about players' contracts would be unapproved and would not appear - and nor would threads with mere pleasantries, sycophantic congratulations, abuse and/or idle chatter).

Once a question has been opened and a discussion follows, it will be moved/duplicated by one of the Moderators to GPD, where it can develop or sink with the other GPD threads. Of course CPFC2010 could still contribute to such threads, but away from the Questions forum. The original question and answer will remain duplicated in the Questions forum, but closed for further discussion there.

Think that's the sensible way forward. Before it closed too many questions kept on being re-asked (is that a real word) and threads descending into chit chat. Its privilege enough to have a chairman that answers questions, so it should at least be done sensibly :)

croydonexile

He's doing a quick chat on the phone , not In the studio.

L'kooch
Well they do have a phone at the training ground and I assume he'll do the interview before the players arrive for training.

lol burnt

Latvian Eagle
27-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Steve... I love Neil Warnock. Great appointment! :p Well done.

Always an Eagle
27-08-2014, 05:32 PM

Another suggestion is that we abandon the Questions forum completely, and just ask Steve to pop in to GPD occasionally (as he is doing now) to address questions.

Like the transfer threads- rumour, confirmed etc- could there be similar for 2010 Q.

Ticketing, memberships, Selhurst etc

Just a thought, they could then be moved to the respective forums etc.

croydonexile
27-08-2014, 05:32 PM
A serious point although stupidly put has been raised steve.

Was it mis communication that allowed neteller to break the news instead of the club or is that part of the deal with them ?

Ralph
27-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Steve can you explain to me why, several years after you took control of the club we still have so many pillocks, idiots and prats still following us?

(ps. This is a joke so please don't neg rep me all you pillocks, idiots and prats).

Stellavista

What a fantastically Soviet solution, comrade Jameski.

burgess hill 84

According to Adrian Durham, his on from 7 till 10.

Andrews69
27-08-2014, 05:36 PM

Durham is hardly solid source material....

mexicaneagle
27-08-2014, 05:39 PM

Bloody long interview.

GreatGonzo
27-08-2014, 05:41 PM

James, as long as the duplicated thread is linked to in the original questions forum so it can be resurrected if needed that makes a lot of sense. That wway both fans and CPFC2010 can get to the discussions they want to continue quickly rather than searching GPD. What distinguishes between a question thread and a discussion though? Anything with more than 10 replies is moved?

mexicaneagle
27-08-2014, 05:42 PM

I like this option, combined with an encouragement to give the question a category, so that questions and answers go naturally together. I don't ask much but am only really interested in the legit questions and the direct answers from CPFC2010. I fully agree that discussion leading from those answers should be moved to a new thread in GPD.

Pistol Knight
27-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Bloody long interview.

will be mainly spend talking about the best fans in the country and saying ey by gum

GreatGonzo
27-08-2014, 05:43 PM

He is on from 7 untill 10?

Or he is on between 7 and 10?

Windsor_Eagle
27-08-2014, 05:45 PM
A serious point although stupidly put has been raised steve.

Was it mis communication that allowed neteller to break the news instead of the club or is that part of the deal with them ?

Seriously, why does it matter? Does it affect the decisions taken by the club/board? Does it affect us? We hear the news from BBC and Sky a short while before the club announce it anyway. I really don't understand why people cared so much that Neteller got to 'confirm' it minuted before the club did....

L'kooch
Will you get a new dof.

PauLo
will be mainly spend talking about the best fans in the country and saying ey by gum

Are you related to Jono14?

rpad27
27-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Hi Steve, well done on appointing Neil, I'm feeling strangely optimistic about this!

It really is brilliant to know the club is being run by people who genuinely have Palace's best interests at heart. After all the nervous breakdowns I've suffered as a Palace fan, this is the first time I have that strange feeling that everything is going to be ok.

Oh, and as this is a questions thread, which wine do you suggest I buy to celebrate us staying up this season?

Cheers and best of luck.

burgess hill 84
27-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Hi Steve, well done on appointing Neil, I'm feeling strangely optimistic about this!

It really is brilliant to know the club is being run by people who genuinely have Palace's best interests at heart. After all the nervous breakdowns I've suffered as a Palace fan, this is the first time I have that strange feeling that everything is going to be ok.

Oh, and as this is a questions thread, which wine do you suggest I buy to celebrate us staying up this season?

Cheers and best of luck.

What the **** are you on?
And where can I get some?

Ian
27-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Seriously, why does it matter? Does it affect the decisions taken by the club/board? Does it affect us? We hear the news from BBC and Sky a short while before the club announce it anyway. I really don't understand why people cared so much that Neteller got to 'confirm' it minuted before the club did....
Just watch the bookies odds. They told us that Pulis was leaving several hours before he went into his last meeting with SP. Beats any official announcement every time.

eagles2008
27-08-2014, 05:52 PM

I'm a fan of this and one of the reasons I started posting on here is it's entertaining looking at the questions and answers.

Could an FAQ section somewhere on the page be set up to stop similar questions.

Perhaps we could answer some of the questions to help out. One of the classic questions is what time does the club shop open and close?

Or what time do the bars open on a matchday?

croydonexile
27-08-2014, 05:54 PM

rightly or wrongly I want to hear from the club for "official announcements" rather than a corporate partner as I feel it cheapens it a little. Maybe I'm just old fashioned

burgess hill 84
27-08-2014, 05:54 PM
He is on from 7 untill 10?

Or he is on between 7 and 10?

He does the breakfast show with Alan brazil once or twice a week, and ginger bollocks said at least 5 times, he will back on tomorrow from 7 till 10 with Alan.
Im sorry to all the arse lickers on here, but is that not a fair question to ask?

JAS78
27-08-2014, 05:58 PM

He's on a beach in Costa Rica, sun and sea always lightens your mood.

the drexciyan

:lux: cpfc2010 on top form smoting down the naysayers tonight.

eastend eagle
Here's the thing, this board grew up quite organically as a part of the fan community. I'm aware that certain individuals have put in extraordinary time and even money to make it happen, but I'm sure that most contributors here feel a sense of membership and even 'ownership' of this community.

It's absolutely great having the owners post here, particularly Steve B., who is clearly an avid BBS'er just like the rest of us - long may that continue!

But - it's really annoying, and disenfranchising when the boards start to feel excessively modded and regulated.

I appreciate that there is a balance to be had between the owners sharing their time with us, and them being protected from abuse, inappropriate questions, etc. But I feel that, to a certain extent, the unique nature of this resource (fairly open, largely self-regulated, non-hierarchical, etc.) is the most important thing that needs to be preserved.

It's fine for Steve and the others to have set limits on what they will discuss (in fact, I'm sure it's imperative), but they have made the conscious decision to post here, so I feel as though they need to operate within the boards established apparatus as much as possible, and not turn a corner of it into a fiefdom.

I'm comfortable with things the way they are - and once again I want to underline how much I appreciate the owners contributions to this board - but, there have been times when the modding has felt slightly heavy-handed and unaccountable, and I would hate for us to head back in that direction.

mpfn
27-08-2014, 05:59 PM
He does the breakfast show with Alan brazil once or twice a week, and ginger bollocks said at least 5 times, he will back on tomorrow from 7 till 10 with Alan.
Im sorry to all the arse lickers on here, but is that not a fair question to ask?

Maybe he was due to go on tomorrow, but things changed after the show ?

Windsor_Eagle
27-08-2014, 05:59 PM
rightly or wrongly I want to hear from the club for "official announcements" rather than a corporate partner as I feel it cheapens it a little. Maybe I'm just old fashioned

Fair enough I suppose, but I find it an irrelevance really. Each to their own I suppose.

rpad27
27-08-2014, 06:00 PM

It's called Gayle fever :love:

Elephant with mouse gyp
27-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Agreed e e. All this messing about seems like a solution seeking a problem. If it ain't broke...

Jono14
27-08-2014, 06:03 PM

**** :p

917L
27-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Just watch the bookies odds. They told us that Pulis was leaving several hours before he went into his last meeting with SP. Beats any official announcement every time.

They also told us Malky Mackay was being appointed

the drexciyan
27-08-2014, 06:06 PM
I like this option, combined with an encouragement to give the question a category, so that questions and answers go naturally together. I don't ask much but am only really interested in the legit questions and the direct answers from CPFC2010. I fully agree that discussion leading from those answers should be moved to a new thread in GPD.

Giving the questions a prefix like in transfer hotline is a decent suggestion. Likewise a way to filtering out some of the sidetracks and pointless / repetitive questions.

supereagle01
27-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Well done cpfc2010 warnock was a brilliant choice and you deserve credit. Thank you as always
:):):):):):):):):):):):)

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 06:14 PM

Cheers and best of luck.

I'd recommend a solid, deep flavoured red such as a Malbec.

This one is pretty good I believe :-

http://www.thewinesociety.com/shop/productdetail.aspx?section=pd&pd=AR2891

lombardo7
27-08-2014, 06:20 PM

Interesting choice, have you got it in yet?

Canterbury Ted
27-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Steve et al - a big thank you for the board's hard work. As always, we are safe in your hands and i hope you remain owners for years to come. look forward to cheering loudly at the next home game

ciao

Spoons
27-08-2014, 06:26 PM

And the Bishop Shiraz, 2012 for the bashers?

Dingle
27-08-2014, 06:27 PM

Looks nice but I feel it's just too good for me.

Pistol Knight
27-08-2014, 06:28 PM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa52/Pistol_Knight/th_PulisGIF_zpsb31c0871.mp4 (http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa52/Pistol_Knight/PulisGIF_zpsb31c0871.mp4)

danpalace07
27-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Did Wilf let you have a go in his Lambo again, Steve?

James
27-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Looks nice but I feel it's just too good for me.:D

Gooders
27-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Looks nice but I feel it's just too good for me.

:lux:

burgess hill 84
27-08-2014, 07:31 PM
The day the club has gone backwards, and all people want to know is about what wine to have with there dinner.

palacenurse
27-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Question about seats.
I sit in the Whitehorse F74/73, has the level of the pitch been raised? I can see 'diddly squat' now, the horizontal of the goal post completely obscures my view and I have to crouch down or stand up (not allowed). I have emailed the box office as ours seats are now a restricted view. My seat neighbour in F72 also can't see.

danpalace07
27-08-2014, 07:52 PM
The day the club has gone backwards, and all people want to know is about what wine to have with there dinner.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8tivkdHtc1qegtup.gif

DARZET EAGLE
27-08-2014, 07:54 PM

Your opinion based on gut feeling not fact.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
27-08-2014, 07:56 PM

rLiEn0AjiBw

strolling bones
27-08-2014, 07:59 PM

Popping into gpd periodically sounds a good idea , as does filtering out the sycophantic element.. Its quite embarrasing ..nay cringe forming to read at times so no doubt its not a chore to relish for steve browett either .

L'kooch
27-08-2014, 07:59 PM

http://www.photo-dictionary.com/photofiles/list/963/3963bell.jpg

Popester
27-08-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm a tad disappointed he suggested something so heavy. I'd have gone for a Pinot noir and then a few ales down the local!

Great to have SB back. Mixed feelings about Neil (footie good, other stuff not) but I really hope that the process followed shows this was the right decision.

Ali77
27-08-2014, 08:02 PM

Zaha is coming home. Were in the premiership. Not sure about you but I'm moving forwards with the rest of the true Palace fans…..going down are we f@@@, Buckley didn't come but we'll win the cup.

Ollie Ox
27-08-2014, 08:07 PM

Phones at the training ground?!?! Things are on the up. We'll have hot water next!

Andycol
27-08-2014, 08:09 PM

Don't change it too much. One of the best things about the BBS. Maybe a 20 post max before its moved.

EnglandEagle
27-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Steve, I'll always be grateful for what you and the rest of the board have done. I'm sure you all believe in the decision that you have made and it is your place to do so. Unfortunately I've suffered this man as manager of our beloved team before and I find the thought of his return truly depressing. You've always appeared to do the right thing by the fans and I hope that you will continue to do so by offering a full refund to those who now feel that their season tickets have been mis-sold to them.

Adlerhorst
27-08-2014, 08:17 PM

Another suggestion is that we abandon the Questions forum completely, and just ask Steve to pop in to GPD occasionally (as he is doing now) to address questions.perhaps CPFC2010 could reject questions they don't like with this

HvkKd572vCw

Nth Kent Eagle
27-08-2014, 08:20 PM

We might as well make use of the board's expertise. We can drink wine now but I can't enjoy Palace live until Saturday

Barbara4003
27-08-2014, 08:22 PM

Crikey. You really are a grumps today.

You need an early night, I think.

firstgame63cpfc
27-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Cheer up all, Burton are beating QPR 1 0

Barbara4003
27-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Steve, I'll always be grateful for what you and the rest of the board have done. I'm sure you all believe in the decision that you have made and it is your place to do so. Unfortunately I've suffered this man as manager of our beloved team before and I find the thought of his return truly depressing. You've always appeared to do the right thing by the fans and I hope that you will continue to do so by offering a full refund to those who now feel that their season tickets have been mis-sold to them.

Just out of interest, how did you suffer this man as a manager before? How exactly did you 'suffer'?

I'm genuinely interested.

croydonexile
27-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Not just for steve but has Gerry Francis left now or is he sticking around for a while?

swhib

Hey you're a great Palace fan, well done.

Dorking .Eagle
On the upside, he likes to spend pre-season in Devon and Cornwall. As do I, so I'm in.

spt1978
27-08-2014, 08:33 PM
We might as well make use of the board's expertise. We can drink wine now but I can't enjoy Palace live until Saturday

Wine or beer is essential when supporting Palace.

Ali77
27-08-2014, 08:35 PM

Didn't a fan do this after the Pulis appointment?! Then ended up apologising. Hope your doing the same come the end of the season.

Yogya
27-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Just out of interest, how did you suffer this man as a manager before? How exactly did you 'suffer'?

Penalty miss by Ben Watson at Bristol? I suffered that night too. Mind you he is just lucky he is not a Man Utd fan. THen he would have something to complain about

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 08:37 PM

Groundhog Day. Had the same messages the day we appointed Pulis.
If people dont want to support Palace then fine, I'm sure Tony will have another club soon for them to support.
Pull yourself together mate and stop being so dramatic. We are Palace and we need to stick together.

PS - while you have every right to have an opinion on the manager and to totally disagree with the board's choice, I cannot understand why you would say that we have "mis-sold" season tickets. They come with no guarantee of who will be manager of the club!

arabian eagle
27-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Well played CPFC2010. Now let's get a couple of players in especially a left back. Get behind the team BBS. It's never boring being a Palace fan.

Gathers54

If you dont want to support Palace then fine, I'm sure Tony will have another club soon for you to support.

Pull yourself together mate and stop being so dramatic. We are Palace and we need to stick together.

Signs for QPR on Page 45 after 'Arry declines new contract

EnglandEagle

Watched too many games under him that were poor where we looked like headless chickens hoping for something to happen rather than making it happen. Can't stand watching us launch the ball hopelessly up field and don't believe he has done anything to show he is tactically capable. Think he buys shit players and doesn't have a track record of buying the quality of players that will improve us, which worries me that we will end up with expensive purchases of Championship quality.

philsick
27-08-2014, 08:42 PM

If you want us to stick together,why make such a divisive appointment?

Popester
27-08-2014, 08:42 PM

Unless you bought your ticket on the condition NW didn't return you are legally and morally screwed.

Suggest you hope NW brings back the exciting attacking play we saw with Moses, Sinclair and (ahem) Scowcroft and otherwise forget about the past.

Joe85
27-08-2014, 08:43 PM

If you dont want to support Palace then fine, I'm sure Tony will have another club soon for you to support.

Absoltely brillaint reply. Wo in the funk would ask for a bloddy refund after the last few years...Crazy.

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Didn't a fan do this after the Pulis appointment?! Then ended up apologising. Hope your doing the same come the end of the season.

Yes, he asked for a refund when we appointed Tony and then ate humble pie in public.

History repeats itself!

Barbara4003
27-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Penalty miss by Ben Watson at Bristol? I suffered that night too. Mind you he is just lucky he is not a Man Utd fan. THen he would have something to complain about

That noise will haunt me forever :(

burgess hill 84
27-08-2014, 08:46 PM

Im sorry to say this Steve, but I think you and the board have dropped a massive bollock.

mushroom
27-08-2014, 08:47 PM

Do you think they should have asked all palace fans who to appoint? Maybe we could have had a poll?

CPFC2010
Absoltely brillaint reply. Wo in the funk would ask for a bloddy refund after the last few years...Crazy.

Here's another one e-mailed to the box office :-

"I would like a refund on the season ticket with the above number. When I bought my season ticket I was under the influence we would be successful under Tony Pulis. That clearly isn't the case due to Parish not being able to maintain a relationship with any manager. We are quickly becoming a joke club again, well done to cpfc2010 for that. Thanks."

Laugh or Cry? It's a tricky one.

EnglandEagle

Oh excuse me for having a different opinion. I don't remember this level of reaction for a previous appointment. But we all must be wrong and crap fans.

burgess hill 84
Yes, he asked for a refund when we appointed Tony and then ate humble pie in public.

History repeats itself!

You hope.

Arron
27-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Question about seats.
I sit in the Whitehorse F74/73, has the level of the pitch been raised? I can see 'diddly squat' now, the horizontal of the goal post completely obscures my view and I have to crouch down or stand up (not allowed). I have emailed the box office as ours seats are now a restricted view. My seat neighbour in F72 also can't see.

Let me get this right. You're moaning that the horizontal of the goal post (better known as the crossbar) is obscuring your view, thus meaning you're entitled to a refund as you're now in a restricted view seat?

You couldn't make it up.

spt1978
27-08-2014, 08:49 PM
Im sorry to say this Steve, but I think you and the board have dropped a massive bollock.

:D Sorry but this made me laugh.

Not really happy with Warnock but on we march.

croydonexile
27-08-2014, 08:50 PM
did you sit in on the Iinterviews ?

GorBlimey

"I would like a refund on the season ticket with the above number. When I bought my season ticket I was under the influence

That's what comes of doing things when you're pissed.

SKATE

Worked last time didn't it.

Steamy
Watched too many games under him that were poor where we looked like headless chickens hoping for something to happen rather than making it happen. Can't stand watching us launch the ball hopelessly up field and don't believe he has done anything to show he is tactically capable. Think he buys shit players and doesn't have a track record of buying the quality of players that will improve us, which worries me that we will end up with expensive purchases of Championship quality.

1) Headless chickens - we have a different group of players now, all with Premier League experience, so they know what to expect in this league.

2) 'Poor games' - we're Palace, we have played in some abysmal games over the years, not all of them with Warnock as manager.

3) Shit players and no track record - he was operating with a completely different budget. With a different scouting network. The club has grown and can attract better players now.

I was non-pluses by his appointment first time around, as I hated him as Sheffield Utd manager. But he won me over. Give him time to win you over this time around. Ultimately it's the team you support not him, and we aren't relegated yet...

Joe85
27-08-2014, 08:51 PM

"I would like a refund on the season ticket with the above number. When I bought my season ticket I was under the influence we would be successful under Tony Pulis. That clearly isn't the case due to Parish not being able to maintain a relationship with any manager. We are quickly becoming a joke club again, well done to cpfc2010 for that. Thanks."

Laugh, then forward them my email address, i will happily purchase, at the full price, an unwanted season ticket. Just taken a promotion at work and can now actually afford a season ticket for myself and my 2 kids :( after giving up my ST in the Upper Holmesdale after winning promotion in the first place!

davech
Signs for QPR on Page 45 after 'Arry declines new contract

Many a true word spoken in jest :D

burgess hill 84
Did you sit in on the interviews ?

Do you want to take your tongue out of Steve's arse?

CPFC2010

Yep that's exactly what happened when TP was announced. Who knows? You could be right but let's hope not. Ultimately we gave to make a decision and we do it with the best intentions after reviewing all candidates and taking advice from hundreds of people. If we screwed up it's cost the 4 of us more than anyone else isn't it?

maestro
27-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Dont listen to them Steve

Im always getting called for being negative on here but I think its a good brave appointment, we need a manager who can continue on with the current way of playing and Warnock is a good choice imo.

croydonexile
27-08-2014, 08:53 PM

I just got my backdated pay rise. Can I buy his ST if it becomes available? PM me pls

hughsey
27-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Thanks for not considering Lennon. It's appreciated.

CharlieCPFC
27-08-2014, 08:55 PM

Whether you like it or not Steve all that's gone on recently will cause some divide and sulks from certain supporters. The spirit amongst supporters now is half of what it was when we were in the Championship, that's just the reality of it in my opinion is the more successful the club becomes the more demanding supporters become. I remember similar outbursts and whinges on here 10 months ago at the time of Pulis' appointment. See Mexicanhorse's signature for sad pre-judgements of Pulis. The same will go for Neil Warnock as he isn't perceived as a young good looking manager who has the ideas of total Football by the media which plays a huge influence on our supporters. I'll openly admit I weren't keen on NW but I can see the positives he can bring, and SP has spoken to Warnock in the flesh so will have a very good idea of what he can do at the club.

Here's hoping all goes well.

Gathers54
27-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Yep that's exactly what happened when TP was announced. Who knows? You could be right but let's hope not. Ultimately we gave to make a decision and we do it with the best intentions after reviewing all candidates and taking advice from hundreds of people. If we screwed up it's cost the 4 of us more than anyone else isn't it?

I am just glad its done. I wasn't expecting NW even though i like him and on the outside looking in, he wouldn't have been my choice. However, now its done and we can move on and get some players in. Most will get on-board and support him as that's what we do.

W Malling Eagle
27-08-2014, 08:59 PM
The news was a huge surprise to most of us and I can understand some people being disappointed about the appointment. I like Warnock, but he wouldn't have been my first, second or even third choice. However, we're still Palace, Neil Warnock is our manager and that isn't going to change for now. If we want Palace to win games, we have to get behind NW, like him or not. I just hope those who have been really badly affected and are thinking of not following the club any more will think again and come back soon. We need to stick together to keep the club in the Premier League and have more incredible seasons like the last one. COYP

LLCOOLSTEVE
27-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Your opinion based on gut feeling not fact.

well its certainly not a long term appointment with a view to the manager being here for a few years building a squad of players

thereichstuff
27-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Oh excuse me for having a different opinion. I don't remember this level of reaction for a previous appointment. But we all must be wrong and crap fans.

Not all mate , just some .

steveholmesdale
27-08-2014, 09:02 PM
football a game of opinions eh, some right and some wrong and some somewhere in between,
One thing that seems to be fairly evident, the game of football is results driven and if we do ok then most will come round, and if we don't those that are not happy will get there wish and say told yer
The club we support ultimately make the decisions that steer the club in what we all hope is the right direction, quite funny really four years on and in the prem and still certain decisions seem to incite mutiny
As I have heard before you cant please all of the people all of the time
If the club sifted through every single item that is posted then no agreement would ever be made because you would never have 100% agreement from all the fans and the club would just drift on aimlessly
Welcome back NW and good bloody luck

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 09:03 PM
well its certainly not a long term appointment with a view to the manager being here for a few years building a squad of players

I hope you get my point that it is very hard for clubs to plan for the future as so often, when they are successful, managers move on anyway. Steve Bruce here for example. I think that, in an ideal world, we'd love to appoint a hungry young manager and give him time and money to build up a team, but you have to be pragmatic and the situation where we find ourselves right now requires as little disruption as possible. We have a great team spirit and some excellent players and you don't want to dismantle that and start again from scratch, more fine tune what we have already with a manager who's not got radically different ideas from the last one. I hope you agree with the reasoning behind that. Today's appointment is a very sensible one IMHO.

burgess hill 84

I truly, truly hope i am wrong, Steve.
And if I am, I will come on here and apologies to you and the board.
But im sure you would rather people speak there mind than blow smoke up your arse.

croydonexile
Do you want to take your tongue out of Steve's arse?

I'll reserve judgement for a few weeks before making a judgement. Having seen mackay's reputation explode and Sherwood withdraw from a job he wasn't even offered, I think we'd have dropped a massive bollocksl employing either. So who else was out there that would have gained mass approval from fans ? Warnock wasn't my first choice but I can see sense in his appointment.

I'd suggest you remove your head out of your own arse

Naboo
27-08-2014, 09:04 PM
I trust the judgement of cpfc2010 in appointing a new manager after all the excellent things they have achieved with this club. As soon as an appointment is made I get behind it as I support the club and the individuals that work for it. There is a general theme on here in that the ones that shout loudest and moan the most are the ones that never go to games. I hope Steve knows they don't represent the true majority. One thing is for sure is that we are in for another exciting season. Up the palace!!

AJ's right boot
27-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Trouble with doing that Steve is they piss off up north for a quick buck when they've won a few games.

:lux:

Barbara4003
27-08-2014, 09:05 PM

Different team, different mentality.

Didn't you think that when Pulis was announced? I certainly did and was pleasantly surprised.

L'kooch
27-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Trouble with doing that Steve is they piss off up north for a quick buck when they've won a few games.

R.I.P. LLCOOLSTEVE

Gathers54

Or they stay, get a free trip to Brazil, Austria, USA and Germany then leave.

Joe85
Steve, appreciate the PM there, can't seem to reply though..?

LLCOOLSTEVE
27-08-2014, 09:07 PM

You really think thats a sensible thing to post about someone you claim to still be friendly with?

Hows that chip on your shoulder ? cause thats how its coming across by posting that

And well done on trying to take the attention away from what was reasonable point

Shown your true colours there

Steamy
27-08-2014, 09:08 PM

I sense a Froch-Groves 2 coming on.

Actually, that would be a great idea...end of season, charity boxing match. Steve v Steve. Far better than buckets of ice.

CPFC2010
27-08-2014, 09:08 PM
I truly, truly hope i am wrong, Steve.
And if I am, I will come on here and apologies to you and the board.
But im sure you would rather people speak there mind than blow smoke up your arse.

It's all about opinions and good on you for speaking your mind.

So far we have managed to get lucky every time and have done nothing but progress since we bought the club. One day we'll probably screw up but so far so good so trust us again on this one.

If this was the wrong choice the pints are on me at Doncaster away next season.

spt1978
27-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Didn't you think that when Pulis was announced? I certainly did and was pleasantly surprised.

Very different track records with regards to survival in the PL though Barbara.

Time will tell but I am fearful.

James
27-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Sweet Jesus. There are some ******* miserable ***** on the BBS at the moment.

Barbara4003
27-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Very different track records with regards to survival in the PL though Barbara.

Time will tell but I am fearful.

But he was talking about style of play.

L'kooch
27-08-2014, 09:12 PM

Not a bad way to announce that you've logged in

spt1978
But he was talking about style of play.

As you were :D

Massive Attack

Classy Stephen, Classy.

Be careful, otherwise Steve will tell you off again.

Gathers54
27-08-2014, 09:13 PM

Yes there are indeed. Not everyone who is against NW is miserable though, some come up with some sensible posts. Unfortunately, some just take it too far.

spt1978

Well you hardly sound like a ray of sunshine with that post!

danpalace07

snigger

croydonexile

So far we have managed to get lucky every time and have done nothing but progress since we bought the club. One day we'll probably screw up but so far so good so trust us again on this one.

If this was the wrong choice the pints are on me at Brighton and Bolton away next season.

EFA ;)

CPFC2010
You really think thats a sensible thing to post about someone you claim to still be friendly with?

Hows that chip on your shoulder ? cause thats how its coming across by posting that

And well done on trying to take the attention away from what was reasonable point

Oh Steve, when it comes to chips on shoulders you have a large portion as everyone knows.

Dougie''s a great guy and so is Tony, but they both chose to leave Palace and we are still here. Managers come and go but Palace fans are here for life.

Feather
27-08-2014, 09:14 PM

Experience shows that building for the long term around the manager doesn't work.

bhcp
Blimey, there are some miserable people on this board.

I hated Warnock before he came to Palace. But after suffering some of the worst football I've ever seen under Taylor, he got us playing some good stuff, with plenty of passion and gave the kids a fair crack. I'm looking forwards to this season again now :)

LDNEAGLE

Lighten up

richj363
Can I suggest we just get on with supporting our team, cos one thing is for sure if we continue squabbling and fighting with each other we will certainly go down, if you don't like it don't go, then I might have more chance of a ticket.

Joe85
27-08-2014, 09:15 PM

Steve left some details on the vistor page as i can't Pm. Thanks!

danpalace07
27-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Oh Steve, when it comes to chips on shoulders you have a large portion as everyone knows.

Dougie''s a great guy and so is Tony but they walked out on Palace and we are still here. Managers come and go but real Palace fans are here for life.

Any idea where Pulis is off to? Might as well make a few quid off it

burgess hill 84
27-08-2014, 09:16 PM

Lol. Fair play, I will keep you to that.

But i hope you give me a great big shit burger to eat at the end of the season instead.

Adlerhorst
If we screwed up it's cost the 4 of us more than anyone else isn't it?how so?

Actual real money or evaporation of paper gains?

eagles #1

Jesus Christ is this really one of our co owners coming out with this shit? How embarrassing.

He's probably pissed again.

LLCOOLSTEVE
27-08-2014, 09:17 PM

Dougie''s a great guy and so is Tony but they walked out on Palace and we are still here. Managers come and go but real Palace fans are here for life.

So was my post wrong then? is NW likely to be here for a few years or are you just going to use your position to encourage everyone to have a go at me again?!

Pathetic

Chunt

Jesus, have some decorum. The board are classless to the core.

danpalace07
Jesus Christ is this really one of our co owners coming out with this shit? How embarrassing.

He's probably pissed again.

Of course, you know better, right?

palacenurse
Perhaps I should have tried harder!! you think that excuse is abit lame. But when you've been sitting in the same seat for awhile and then first game of the season I'm looking at the HORIZONTAL bar yes I think I can complain. I don't want to spend my hard earned NHS pay on a seat where I can't see our winning goal against moan utd.

Barbara4003
27-08-2014, 09:18 PM
I can't think of a better person to bring in, steady the ship, instil a bit more passion and enthusiasm into the game.

I'm far happier with him than I ever was with Malky Mackay.

There. I've said it.

Andy Adams
27-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Woo hoo, what a great day this has been and finally got confirmation of the news I have been waiting for...selhurst sixes are going on sale next week! Thanks for the great news Steve! I can't say that Warnock as manager got me excited, but I'm just thankful that the club I love are still going, in the premiership and I wIll get to see 6 home games! COYP!

Ali77
27-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Neiiiiiiiiiiil Warnock's rednblue army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lombardo7
Any idea where Pulis is off to? Might as well make a few quid off it

Could imagine Shepherds Bush way after tonight.

Kidofwonder
Jesus, have some decorum. The board are classless to the core.

it was a light hearted joke? :confused:

spt1978
http://i1.wp.com/apublicdefender.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

plectrum
how so?

Actual real money or evaporation of paper gains?

Aside from 4 years of their life where they have focused either their entire time or a portion of their time on CPFC rather than any other aspect of their business life

mean

Mate, I dont come on here much but just whenever I do you are on here moaning and bitching. Seriously.

I'm sure there's some history I've missed, but what is it you want? Really, dosn't it get a bit boring being down on everything Palace all the time? If its the ownership and board that stress you out so much, shouldn't you move on for your own health? Or, save up your pennies, buy them out, and you can make all the decisions yourself? JAT.

LLCOOLSTEVE
27-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Sorry everyone but im fed up with being unable to post my opinion without reference to the past and a family friendship.

LDNEAGLE
27-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Wow I don't know if half the posters here are just miserable, sulking keyboard warriors or just trying to provoke a reaction.

Cheer up people! We're still in the Premier League for at least another season!

TheMexicanHorse

Steve, knowing Ian Moody's track record at Cardiff and Palace, and his, shall we say his alleged 'interesting' views on race, woman and homosexuals, and the fact he had his house raided in March, and was continued to be employed, do you do blame Tony if he did indeed 'walked out' on us?

I'd be more worried about the fact our best manager for years and years was allowed to leave us, whilst Moody was retained in employment.

palacenurse
Let me get this right. You're moaning that the horizontal of the goal post (better known as the crossbar) is obscuring your view, thus meaning you're entitled to a refund as you're now in a restricted view seat?

You couldn't make it up.

Perhaps I should have tried harder!! you think that excuse is abit lame. But when you've been sitting in the same seat for awhile and then first game of the season I'm looking at the HORIZONTAL bar yes I think I can complain. I don't want to spend my hard earned NHS pay on a seat where I can't see our winning goal against moan utd.

Barbara4003
it was a light hearted joke? :confused:

Chunt doesn't do light hearted or joke.

Especially not in the same sentence.

eagles #1
Neiiiiiiiiiiil Warnock's rednblue army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never. People have very short memories. Left us in the shit and tried to take/unsettle our best players...Nah, not for me.

RlxuqJPTQVk

spt1978
27-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Or, save up your pennies, buy them out, and you can make all the decisions yourself? JAT.

Not digging you out as this gets said a lot and not in reference to Steve's post but if we are required to own the club before we can have an opinion you might aswell shut the BBS.

danpalace07
27-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Wonder if any Sky Sports journos are reading this thread

Maximus Dowieus
Aside from 4 years of their life where they have focused either their entire time or a portion of their time on CPFC rather than any other aspect of their business life

Goodness me you are very naive if you don't think the end game is for them all to make a great deal of money out of this by the time they exit! Seriously.

racehorse-80s
Wish the board would stay off the BBS even had an angry PM from Browett once accusing me of all sorts of shite over my posts.

LDNEAGLE
27-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Wish the board would stay off the BBS even had an angry PM from Browett once accusing me of all sorts of shite over my posts.

You are in the minority

LLCOOLSTEVE
27-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Mate, I dont come on here much but just whenever I do you are on here moaning and bitching. Seriously.

I'm sure there's some history I've missed, but what is it you want? Really, dosn't it get a bit boring being down on everything Palace all the time? If its the ownership and board that stress you out so much, shouldn't you move on for your own health? Or, save up your pennies, buy them out, and you can make all the decisions yourself? JAT.

I suggest you look more closely at my posts, rather than at posts every so often where I dare raise an opinion that might not be like the majority. I have today got nothing against the board or the club,but why can i not post an opinion that is quite frankly factual aswell? ie NW will not be here for a few years

JAT

chav_hater
popcorn.gif

Chunt

Tragic innit? I've likewise heard tales of them sending accusative inbox messages. Time for Dave to close their account I think - they've served their purpose on here.

Ralph
Ha ha ha. The pr!cks are out in force tonight.

Steve (CPFC2010) ignore the negativity, it's the pessimists naturally feeling uneasy about the last few weeks. There are bigger issues in life than the manager of CPFC, the club will always have my support and I'm proud of what you've turned this club into and I'm still confident in the long run we'll come out of this in better shape than where we started.

HOWEVER please don't get drawn into bickering on the boards. Sometimes it's good to keep some distance. We all need to vent from time to time and this is the "everyday" fans place for it, sadly, whilst you're here you'll naturally take it all personally.

L'kooch
27-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Sorry everyone but im fed up with being unable to post my opinion without reference to the past and a family friendship.

Stop talking out of your ass then

He doesnt have to explain to you if an appointment is long or short term, in fact Steve P said today that it's not a long term appointment. For all we know the club considered all possibilities and this is the decision they made so if ur a Palace fan you got to live with it. If you insist on gargling on Dougie's balls then you cant have the nerve to criticize the board for not keeping managers longer cos as they said, Dougie is the prime example of why you cant bank on a manager to stay put for a long time

LDNEAGLE
27-08-2014, 09:27 PM
I suggest you look more closely at my posts, rather than at posts every so often where I dare raise an opinion that might not be like the majority. I have today got nothing against the board or the club,but why can i not post an opinion that is quite frankly factual aswell? ie NW will not be here for a few years

JAT

DoF?

TheMexicanHorse
27-08-2014, 09:28 PM
You know what will happen next, these comments about TP will be lifted from the BBS, turned into a newspaper article and then SB will bitch and moan about Ashton and his other rat journo's in the media (whilst they continue to be winded and dined in the executive lounges).

LLCOOLSTEVE
27-08-2014, 09:28 PM

I got a phone call!

alanlee11
27-08-2014, 09:29 PM
i despair with people on here.

are you not able to just pull back from this situation and realise you are talking to other human beings, football is one thing, but how dare people on hear bitch and moan at these guys so so much, it's disgusting. If you don't like it, then you can make constructive criticism of course, that's what debate is about, but the torrent of people who actually seem more comfortable insulting people and moaning, compared to enjoying their life - it's pretty grim.

why do some of you even bother with football? you actually seem to be addicted to being negative and attacking people. if the board make a mistake, I'll say that i disagree with how they've done things, but that's it - what's the point in going any futher than that. there are some really miserable people on here, clearly very frustrated with their lives and seem to revel in negativity wherever they can apply it.

sw16girl
Goodness me you are very naive if you don't think the end game is for them all to make a great deal of money out of this by the time they exit! Seriously.

Seriously? - if so then they must be very stupid - making money out of football is something only a very very select few do - the vast majority of owners end up having to pay into their club and writing off a lot of debt. No one with any sense goes into football expecting to make money these days and I think our owners have some sense.

alanlee11

JAT

and so what if he's not here for years, you're one of the worst, miserable posters on here.