PDA

View Full Version : Brighton "Cheating" to continue

eaglejez
14-11-2014, 09:57 AM
...until they reach the Premiership

They accuse us and other clubs of 'cheating' by living outside our means but.....

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?312770-Bloom-at-Seagulls-over-London-tonight

You just couldn't make it up. Worthy of a separate thread since to be honest their slagging off other teams for 'living outside their means' is more sickening than LOL :eek:

Selhurst Celtic
14-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Just had a read of that myself. The Tarquin element are suckers for a bit of PR. The constant references to 'when we are in the Premier League' from the Penguin are very amusing.

Bragging rights forever for shitting on their dreams that glorious night at the Amex.

"Wembley, Wembley, we're the famous Crystal Palace and we're going to to Wembley..."

Selhurst Celtic
14-11-2014, 10:12 AM
The Penguin

When we reach the Prem, we have to accept that we will probably come back down eventually.

:D

Selhurst Celtic
14-11-2014, 10:14 AM
The Penguin

Amex capacity - unlikely to be increased bar maybe squeezing a few hundred more in. Too expensive and makes no sense if we drop back down from the Prem.

:D

Selhurst Celtic
14-11-2014, 10:17 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/14/article-2324204-19C53DAB000005DC-941_306x423.jpg

the drexciyan
14-11-2014, 11:02 AM
I saw the thread title and thought it was a new pronunciation of 'shitting'.

the drexciyan
14-11-2014, 11:17 AM
So he voted at the last minute for the changes to FFP, and as it turned out it was that vote that tipped it in favour of changing the rules. Lol. No leg to stand on with their moralistic whinges now.

Penstone Eagle
14-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Was reading this earlier today, amazing how they plan for and consider relegation from a league they've never reached, stupid arseholes.

Daneagle24
14-11-2014, 12:25 PM
The Amex capacity statement is just unbelievable ...won't increase Capacity as we may drop back down from premier league !!!!! You couldn't make it up ����

Selhurst Celtic
14-11-2014, 12:28 PM
Deluded Tarquins.

FourtyTwo
14-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Defensively we've done very well. Restricted the opposition's chances well. Some significant defensive mistakes.

Very good Tony!

Three best Albion games - FAC Final, not the replay. Play off game at Millenium stadium. Beating Palace at the Amex.

As opposed to the fact that the first league loss there was to Palace, and the play off game. We'll let you have one, I think ;)

Penstone Eagle
14-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Just had a read of that myself. The Tarquin element are suckers for a bit of PR. The constant references to 'when we are in the Premier League' from the Penguin are very amusing.

Bragging rights forever for shitting on their dreams that glorious night at the Amex.

"Wembley, Wembley, we're the famous Crystal Palace and we're going to to Wembley..."

well I suppose he needs to keep trying to convince the Tarquins that they'll get promoted, although judging by the attendances they appear to have seen through all the bullshit

HOVE EAGLE
14-11-2014, 01:12 PM
they clearly don't think they will be relegated this year!

Penstone Eagle
14-11-2014, 01:23 PM
they clearly don't think they will be relegated this year!

Some do, and I know a few of them, they think that Wigan will now pick up as Bolton and Fulham have, there is no confidence in the manager.

Great isn't it !

Nth Kent Eagle
14-11-2014, 02:34 PM
I like the bit where Barber is criticised for calling fans customers. If people get worked up about that then they are going to burst something before they are 50. Actually, some of our over-sensitive fans would erupt in the same way.

brighton_eagle
14-11-2014, 02:39 PM
There do seem to be a disproportionately high number of deluded BHA fans. They seem to believe they are already in the Premier League for one.

Bloom is desperately trying to talk things up, and I understand that. Their stadium already loses them money on match days, and if the 7000 odd st holders who didn't turn up to Wigan don't renew, that will only become worse. The really need a last promotion push, but that isn't going to happen this season, and they clearly don't have the money to invest in proper replacements for the key players they have sold. I can only see them heading in one direction at the moment.

tasty_snacks
14-11-2014, 02:54 PM
It's Christmas every day with BHAFC as your rivals.

East-End Eagle
14-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Whats the difference between all of the below and BHAFC. One is PLR, the others have actually been there

derby
boro
ipswich
watford
blackburn
charlton
Wolves
norwich
forest
cardiff
sheff weds
reading
leeds
fulham
bolton
wigan
birmingham
blackpool
sheff utd
oldham
barnsley
bradford
coventry
portsmouth

Nth Kent Eagle
14-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Is that athletics track at Withdean still there? Perhpas they could sell their ground and go back there. If they go down and the results are still poor they won't need more than a 9000 capacity anyway.

Selhurst Celtic
14-11-2014, 04:04 PM
The hotel complex shoehorned onto the wonky warehouse seems to be on the backburner now. Who was the Tarquin div that came on here rattling on about that?

And when will they learn?

Mark Bright summed them up better than any of us ever could.

eaglejez
14-11-2014, 04:07 PM
The hotel complex shoehorned onto the wonky warehouse seems to be on the backburner now. Who was the Tarquin div that came on here rattling on about that?

And when will they learn?

Mark Bright summed them up better than any of us ever could.

mentioned in the TB dispatches could happen but at the moment its on the back burner due to its large upfront cost ! You don't say :D

Penstone Eagle
14-11-2014, 04:57 PM
mentioned in the TB dispatches could happen but at the moment its on the back burner due to its large upfront cost ! You don't say :D

But surely sell out away attendances in the Premier league each week would make it worth the outlay wouldn't it ?

Oh hang on :D

smoll
14-11-2014, 05:07 PM
The utter arrogance & delusion from the Chairman down is astonishing...."when" they get in the Premiership!!?? I think they need to have a bit more respect for the Championship & the clubs in it. When they havent been outside of the top 2 divisions (like us) for consecutive 38 seasons they can start giving it the big one.

thereichstuff
14-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Did I read correctly that uncle tone spoke for two and a half minutes :)

Pidster
15-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Premier Inn Ready? Another delusion for Quentin and his chums.

Nucking Futcase
15-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Even after 2 minutes of reading I thought.....

What a deluded bunch of wankers they really are.

"Premier League this"
"Premier League that"

Silly Tarquins

pumaspalace
15-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Are they being serious when they say beating us 3-0 a couple of seasons ago was one of Brighton's best games ever?!?! Hahahahahaha :D In the season that we also beat them 3-0 and treated it as a normal, good but nothing special, derby win? And obviously the same season we destroyed their hopes and dreams in the play off semi? Ok then. :D

FourtyTwo
15-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Are they being serious when they say beating us 3-0 a couple of seasons ago was one of Brighton's best games ever?!?! Hahahahahaha :D In the season that we also beat them 3-0 and treated it as a normal, good but nothing special, derby win? And obviously the same season we destroyed their hopes and dreams in the play off semi? Ok then. :D

Not just any old Brighton fan either - Tony Bloom himself.

Silly little club!

vegas78
15-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Can afford the 10m loss per season, but reluctantly.

:eek:

I bet he is reluctant, that is a hell of a loss.

bestperch
16-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Don't forget that many of their fans will never have seen them beat Palace before !

Pistol Knight
16-11-2014, 07:43 PM
Whats the difference between all of the below and BHAFC. One is PLR, the others have actually been there

derby
boro
ipswich
watford
blackburn
charlton
Wolves
norwich
forest
cardiff
sheff weds
reading
leeds
fulham
bolton
wigan
birmingham
blackpool
sheff utd
oldham
barnsley
bradford
coventry
portsmouth

:lux::lux::lux::lux::lux:

they really are :clown::clown::clown::clown:

Vince Hilaire's Afro
16-11-2014, 09:49 PM

To be fair, given the existing debt and historical outlay, it's pretty much just like pissing in the Atlantic ocean

Gosling
16-11-2014, 11:55 PM

derby
boro
ipswich
watford
blackburn
charlton
Wolves
norwich
forest
cardiff
sheff weds
reading
leeds
fulham
bolton
wigan
birmingham
blackpool
sheff utd
oldham
barnsley
bradford
coventry
portsmouth

I don't see Swindon Town in this list :)

Vince Hilaire's Afro
17-11-2014, 03:27 AM

Bradford

East-End Eagle
17-11-2014, 09:14 AM

My memory was fading, couldnt remember if that was the year they got booted down a couple of divisions after winning promotion.

Bradford are there.

Gosling
17-11-2014, 09:57 AM
Swindon are founder members of the Premier League. Along with... erm... us. :)

Billyd
17-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Tony Bloom is way too good for that club and its fans.

smoll
17-11-2014, 04:44 PM
add Notts County to the list too

old git
17-11-2014, 04:48 PM
add Notts County to the list too

I don't think they have been in the premier.They did thrash Brighton in the final at wembley in the early 90's to get to the old division one though. :p

dannyb1
17-11-2014, 06:11 PM
Did I read correctly that uncle tone spoke for two and a half minutes :)

No he left ten seconds before the end.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
17-11-2014, 06:39 PM
No he left ten seconds before the end.

Plus the two and a half minutes became 120 following the application if Bloomflation (to be paid back upon over 25 years once time travel is invented)

passion4palace
17-11-2014, 08:06 PM
To be fair, given the existing debt and historical outlay, it's pretty much just like pissing in the Atlantic ocean

Rubbing salt in the wound a bit though, when you've chucked in 200m and it still needs nearly 250k per week to keep it afloat :eek:

bhcp
17-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Swindon are founder members of the Premier League. Along with... erm... us. :)
They were the season after. They we're premier league the season we won the championship.

eaglejez
12-08-2015, 12:49 PM
I used to think they were joking but I just don't understand (and neither does anyone outside Brighton) why their fans think they have some sort of moral high ground wrt FPP etc. Just because they think they complied with some arbitrary ill thought out accounting concept they think that their free gift of a stadium (THAT THEY TAKE ALL THE INCOME FOR BUT HAVE NO FINANCING COSTS - although some depreciation will be coming through) and their massively losses (aka living massively outside their means) is all ok compared to all those other nasty teams ! :eek::eek:

Popester
12-08-2015, 01:11 PM
I used to think they were joking but I just don't understand (and neither does anyone outside Brighton) why their fans think they have some sort of moral high ground wrt FPP etc. Just because they think they complied with some arbitrary ill thought out accounting concept they think that their free gift of a stadium (THAT THEY TAKE ALL THE INCOME FOR BUT HAVE NO FINANCING COSTS - although some depreciation will be coming through) and their massively losses (aka living massively outside their means) is all ok compared to all those other nasty teams ! :eek::eek:

They have been brainwashed by Barber: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33820941

Niel Smillie
12-08-2015, 02:00 PM
They have been brainwashed by Barber: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33820941

Interestingly Barber has now been appointed to the Football League Board and could now be in a position to have a say and influence on such things as FFP.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/paul-barber-jez-moxey-and-andy-ambler-elected-to-league-board-2502099.aspx

BBK
12-08-2015, 02:20 PM

I thought Bloom was taking a decent amount from the club for allowing them to use his stadium?

eaglejez
12-08-2015, 02:44 PM
I thought Bloom was taking a decent amount from the club for allowing them to use his stadium?

no interest cost but there are 'running costs' which no one has disclosed (aka the reason they will never ever make a non player trading profit)

Vince Hilaire's Afro
04-09-2016, 01:47 AM

Wiggy, I thought he was happy to fork this over each year?

anti-addick
04-09-2016, 06:54 AM

Funny to hear him whine about PL parachute payments pushing up prices yet I seem to recall them wanting well over 20m for 3 of their players this window, having declined bids for those values.

Phil's Barber
04-09-2016, 09:52 AM
Weed fans in hypocrisy shocker

eaglejez
04-09-2016, 01:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CNr4cFJ.png

If you look at their accounts its pretty clear that practically everything is pretty much fixed ie the accounts for YE16 will be c19m loss excluding player trading. I'm not aware of much of a trading profit for YE16 so it looks at best that sort of loss for YE16. As for YE17 - they'd better sell some players !

Nth Kent Eagle
04-09-2016, 01:30 PM
Unless the players wages have gone up to keep them? Those stats look seriously grim. Bloom's decision to keep all the players to really go for it again is one hell of a gamble, even for a gambler.

ceeby
04-09-2016, 01:47 PM
Didn't realise that Football League distributions and media come to under 6 million in the championship.

Assuming Palace finish 17th this season in the PL. We will get 103 million.:lux:

eaglejez
04-09-2016, 02:00 PM
would love someone to tell me anything that will change apart from player wages. They are screwed financially due to the stadium. Even if they go up they are fundamentally screwed financially forever since things may improve in the shorter term but long term they effectively will have a massive overhead disadvantage

SJ'sLoveMonkey
04-09-2016, 02:01 PM
would love someone to tell me anything that will change apart from player wages. They are screwed financially due to the stadium. Even if they go up they are fundamentally screwed financially forever since things may improve in the shorter term but long term they effectively will have a massive overhead disadvantage

Where's Kev to tell us we are totally jealous of them!

sherrifbart
04-09-2016, 03:21 PM
Brighton do not want to hear any bad news,Tony will apparently keep dipping into his bottomless pockets and keep the circus running for ever and ever,and we are just jealous,they really are special people down on the south coast.