PDA

View Full Version : Tony Bloom Secret Billionaire

eaglejez
24-12-2014, 07:26 PM
As we all know TB is a gazillionaire with unlimited cash but manages to hide it totally from the power that is the World Wide Web.

Given that in a couple of days it will be the quiet post Christmas let down phase it might be a good time for us to post (non NSC) evidence of his wealth and try to piece it all together once and for all :p

If you look at the entire evidence on the internet then you find;

1. He's made c1m in poker winnings (not bad TBF)
2. He sold Premierbet for 1m
3. St Minver /St Enodoc sold for c30m
4. Tribeca table sold for c50m

Well, even assuming he was the largest shareholder in items 2-4 above (unlikely) thats still only 50-70m ?

Articles state he is involved with Star Lizard which has a net worth of 2.9m

So, I'm struggling to get to the 750m - 1bn that he's got unless he plonked the whole lot on Palace to stay up last season ?

Confused :(

http://www.igamingbusiness.com/gtech-acquires-st-enodoc%C2%A0

http://uk.pokernews.com/news/2006/11/tribeca-tables-purchase-playtech.htm

http://www.investegate.co.uk/article.aspx?id=200508010700205293P

wigman
24-12-2014, 08:36 PM
As we all know TB is a gazillionaire with unlimited cash but manages to hide it totally from the power that is the World Wide Web.

Given that in a couple of days it will be the quiet post Christmas let down phase it might be a good time for us to post (non NSC) evidence of his wealth and try to piece it all together once and for all :p

If you look at the entire evidence on the internet then you find;

1. He's made c1m in poker winnings (not bad TBF)
2. He sold Premierbet for 1m
3. St Minver /St Enodoc sold for c30m
4. Tribeca table sold for c50m

Well, even assuming he was the largest shareholder in items 2-4 above (unlikely) thats still only 50-70m ?

Articles state he is involved with Star Lizard which has a net worth of 2.9m

So, I'm struggling to get to the 750m - 1bn that he's got unless he plonked the whole lot on Palace to stay up last season ?

Confused :(

http://www.igamingbusiness.com/gtech-acquires-st-enodoc%C2%A0

http://uk.pokernews.com/news/2006/11/tribeca-tables-purchase-playtech.htm

http://www.investegate.co.uk/article.aspx?id=200508010700205293P

He is a billionaire.

old git
24-12-2014, 08:43 PM
He is a billionaire.

Phew.
Thanks for the confirmation,for a minute I thought he may just be a front man for some middle east consortium.

FraserH
24-12-2014, 09:03 PM
He is a billionaire.

Any actual proof?

PIE "N" MASH
24-12-2014, 09:09 PM
He is a billionaire.

What currency:rolleyes:

mpfn
24-12-2014, 09:09 PM
If Wigman has confirmed it, thats good enough for me .

Jim Cannon
24-12-2014, 09:11 PM
He is a billionaire.

So with all the evidence that nobody can find could you enlighten us on how and why you assert this

mpfn
24-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Can Wigman also confirm Kaz is still going to get us ?

old git
24-12-2014, 09:18 PM
So with all the evidence that nobody can find could you enlighten us on how and why you assert this

Workingclasspride has confirmed this.
Good enough for me.

Fur cough
24-12-2014, 09:58 PM
Jez, do you not think you're getting a little..well.......obsessed.

Big Gav
24-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Nope just want the comedy to continue. We have been spoilt I know by the goings on down at Brighton but just want it to carry on

Londoner
24-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Wait until the hotel is built. What next for the BHA empire? Their own tv station?

RUSSELL
24-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Wait until the hotel is built. What next for the BHA empire? Their own tv station?

It may have been a good idea to start the empire with a half decent football team.

DARZET EAGLE
24-12-2014, 10:43 PM
Talk Sport saying Pulis has confirmed his interest in the Mager's vacancy.

Jim Cannon
24-12-2014, 11:27 PM
It may have been a good idea to start the empire with a half decent football team.

They have never let the facts get in the way of a good story on the south coast

eaglejez
25-12-2014, 09:56 AM
He is a billionaire.

ah ha. Ok thanks.

Mods please can you close the thread ;)

Merry Christmas Wiggy :p:)

eaglejez
25-12-2014, 10:02 AM
Jez, do you not think you're getting a little..well.......obsessed.

yep - does come across that but in my defence

1. I'm a boring numbers person
2. I'm an even more boring financial analyst
3. I'm a Palace fan
4. I find analysing financial structures / doing the financial maths interesting (before you comment please see points 1 & 2 above)

Given the above the gloating from Brighton's fans re their amazing wealth without any evidence (see my Brighton Finances thread) and the fact that theres no evidence anywhere in the world that he's a billionaire is like a red rag to a bull :)

Maybe he is and then good luck to him its fascinating that no one provide any evidence

Obsessed may be a strong word but very interested definitely :)

More importantly - Happy Christmas to you and your family :):)

eaglejez
25-12-2014, 10:04 AM
. double post

eaglejez
25-12-2014, 10:04 AM

oh - lets build a hotel then. If they are such cash cows lets all do it :D

Palace those perennial strugglers suddenly became Champions League regulars are they built a large chain of hotels in Croydon. Its soooo obvious :D

Merry Christmas you mad saddo :)

eaglejez
25-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Talk Sport saying Pulis has confirmed his interest in the Mager's vacancy.

poor TP. He's losing it big time :D

bit unlucky no one firing their manager in the Prem League before Christmas

spt1978
25-12-2014, 10:16 AM

Premier League Football? :D

little al
25-12-2014, 02:21 PM

:p

PeterH
26-12-2014, 03:39 AM

They had one, but Wilf ran them a merry little dance. Completely broke their team spirit, the Gus Bus went north, and the happy clappers were packed away in the loft for a re-appearance in about 20 years.

Maiden Eagle
26-12-2014, 08:05 AM

I thought the hotel would be up by now ?

Apparently Premier Inns don't take long to build.

old git
26-12-2014, 08:53 AM

Administration ? Liquidation ?
Who knows with the ridiculous debts and losses that are building up.

Penstone Eagle
26-12-2014, 08:55 AM

Surely you mean Bloom empire don't you ?

Anyone would think BHA have built a stadium and a training complex from funds gained by getting into the PL by beating their closest rivals in a play off semi final.

eaglejez
26-12-2014, 09:43 AM

they are different know to when we were 'living outside our means'. "Palace fans talking about finances, blah blah " :D:D

AddoWolz
26-12-2014, 09:49 AM

League 1 Inn more like

Big Gav
26-12-2014, 12:23 PM

Have Millets got an after Christmas sale on? Might be able to get a few tents on the cheap

thereichstuff
26-12-2014, 01:55 PM
I've heard it will be a toys r us superstore , which should suit the op down to the ground .

rowaneagle
27-12-2014, 06:57 PM
League 1 Inn more like

Hahahaha don't know how to give rep but you'd be my first recipient

wigman
27-12-2014, 07:54 PM

I suppose that you would be better at spotting the signs. :D

Londoner
27-12-2014, 09:46 PM
They are also taught how to play with matches at a young age also.

old git
27-12-2014, 09:47 PM
They are also taught how to play with matches at a young age also.

Better than learning how to play with your uncle's dick.

BW_Palace
27-12-2014, 09:55 PM
fwiw Star Lizard has a supposed net worth of 2.9m but like all betting 'consultancies' (read: syndicates) all the money they have on the books is for their consultancy business. All the off-books stuff in Asia is where the real money is made (I have no idea of the legalities of running a business to make money in Asian markets but I imagine the syndicates are pretty well lawyered up). They're the biggest known player in those markets, no-one really knows exactly how much money is being made but I suspect it's at the very least into the 8-figures per season if not much more.

I imagine if you looked into Matt Benham (owner of Brentford+FCM in Denmark) that you'd find similar - that their documented net worth is a lot less than what is speculated upon.

eaglejez
27-12-2014, 09:56 PM

One sign is owing one person 200m ! Risky

eaglejez
27-12-2014, 09:58 PM
fwiw Star Lizard has a supposed net worth of 2.9m but like all betting 'consultancies' (read: syndicates) all the money they have on the books is for their consultancy business. All the off-books stuff in Asia is where the real money is made (I have no idea of the legalities of running a business to make money in Asian markets but I imagine the syndicates are pretty well lawyered up). They're the biggest known player in those markets, no-one really knows exactly how much money is being made but I suspect it's at the very least into the 8-figures per season if not much more.

Congratulations on being the first person to at least offer some evidence :p.

Keep it coming. Obviously he's not in the poor house but losing over 10m pa is gonna hurt at some point

Breaking rocks
27-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Better than learning how to play with your uncle's dick.

:D

Jim Cannon
27-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Anyone would think BHA have built a stadium and a training complex from funds gained by getting into the PL by beating their closest rivals in a play off semi final.

Anyone would think BHA were a big club steeped in tradition of mixing it in the top flight and the occasional cup glory. A sleeping giant perhaps.
What they are is a club most at home in the 3rd tier with the odd spell in the championship, and as we are seeing, no amount of money thrown at them proves the point they are no more than mutton dressed as lamb:D

SJ'sLoveMonkey
27-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Anyone would think BHA were a big club steeped in tradition of mixing it in the top flight and the occasional cup glory. A sleeping giant perhaps.
What they are is a club most at home in the 3rd tier with the odd spell in the championship, and as we are seeing, no amount of money thrown at them proves the point they are no more than mutton dressed as lamb:D

Thing is Jim that is what a lot of them actually think and that's what makes them the hilarious laughing stock they are

Jim Cannon
27-12-2014, 10:43 PM
Thing is Jim that is what a lot of them actually think and that's what makes them the hilarious laughing stock they are

I know this, you know this too SJ. But here's the clincher, we all know they read these boards due to to their bitter jealousy and hatred of us, so I just put it up so they can read it. The truth hurts:D

old git
27-12-2014, 10:47 PM
I know this, you know this too SJ. But here's the clincher, we all know they read these boards due to to their bitter jealousy and hatred of us, so I just put it up so they can read it. The truth hurts:D

You mean they are not a sleeping giant ? That they do not average 40 k crowds over the last 100 years ? Has workingclasspride been lying to us ?
:eek:

SJ'sLoveMonkey
27-12-2014, 10:59 PM
You mean they are not a sleeping giant ? That they do not average 40 k crowds over the last 100 years ? Has workingclasspride been lying to us ?

How dare you OG that man never makes things up to suit his agenda, you know that!! :D

Londoner
27-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Why would i be jealous of you?

Croydon is a dump and yes i have family members there. It's a horrid place.

Your ground is no better. It's cramped.leaky,run down and simply not a nice venue. The only saving grace for it is it's location. please don't come out with that old bollox about having cahracter. I

Londoner
27-12-2014, 11:05 PM

Your ground is no better. It's cramped.leaky,run down and simply not a nice venue. The only saving grace for it is it's location. Please don't come out with that old bollox about having character as it doesn't wash with me. It really hasn't any character.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
27-12-2014, 11:05 PM

Your ground is no better. It's cramped.leaky,run down and simply not a nice venue. The only saving grace for it is it's location. please don't come out with that old bollox about having cahracter. I

What all of Croydon is a dump?

Londoner
27-12-2014, 11:07 PM
What all of a Croydon is a dump?
Most of it. Chuck in New Addington as well.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
27-12-2014, 11:08 PM
Most of it. Chuck in New Addington as well.

You would have to because New Addington is part of Croydon......HTH

SJ'sLoveMonkey
27-12-2014, 11:09 PM
Whereas all of Brighton is salubrious

Londoner
27-12-2014, 11:09 PM
You would have to because New Addington is part of Croydon......HTH
If there is any nice parts it's very much short lived

SJ'sLoveMonkey
27-12-2014, 11:11 PM
If there is any nice parts it's very much short lived

Warlingham, Sanderstead, Woldingham, Purley....

old git
28-12-2014, 08:53 AM

Your ground is no better. It's cramped.leaky,run down and simply not a nice venue. The only saving grace for it is it's location. Please don't come out with that old bollox about having character as it doesn't wash with me. It really hasn't any character.

Because we are a sustainable premier league club with real supporters.Brighton on the other hand has supporters that are 75% Tarquins.I would include you in that number with your middle class snobbery.
If Brighton town ever gets a 'rugger' team they will be off quicker than the WSU during a losing match.

Pidster
28-12-2014, 09:10 AM
Because we are a sustainable premier league club with real supporters.Brighton on the other hand has supporters that are 75% Tarquins.I would include you in that number with your middle class snobbery.
If Brighton town ever gets a 'rugger' team they will be off quicker than the WSU during a losing match.

I am conflicted by the use of Tarquin to describe our fickle chums from the South coast. Surely Quentin is much better. Didn't Fatboy Quentin also change his footballing allegiance.

relegatedeagle
28-12-2014, 09:40 AM
Or here http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?p=12133995#post12133995

eaglejez
28-12-2014, 09:41 AM

but what about the 29,000 they got for a Championship relegation scrap :D

old git
28-12-2014, 09:43 AM

What brings you back ?
Is it because you think that you have a slight bit of room to take the piss because Warnock has gone ?
If so ,you are mistaken as it is bad news for your hopes of our relegation.

eaglejez
28-12-2014, 09:45 AM

through all our current 'troubles' its great to relax thinking about the club that keeps on giving :)

Another amazing post I saw on NSC was our old mate Andy1980. He was boating about FPP compliance. I know finance is not everyone's expertise but even he must realised that ignoring a few costs so that a club can comply with an artificial (and still changing) rule dreamt up by a footballing body has no impact on the real world accounts.

Its amazing how few of the Brighton fans realise that their club could be on a financial knife edge :(

eaglejez
28-12-2014, 09:47 AM

I know you are a (poor) troll on here but deep down you do realise that your shiny stadium is not shiny anymore and lets face it it aint that great (this ignores things like you can't fill it and its already a mega white elephant)

old git
28-12-2014, 09:53 AM
I know you are a (poor) troll on here but deep down you do realise that your shiny stadium is not shiny anymore and lets face it it aint that great (this ignores things like you can't fill it and its already a mega white elephant)

Some idiot on nsc says eventually that stadium will put them miles ahead of us as a club. Seemingly ignoring the fact that the stadium is costing them a fortune and we have at least two years of premiership money.

eaglejez
28-12-2014, 09:56 AM

got excited for a moment that a Brighton fan might have come on with some evidence (anything at all ?!!) :)

All clubs fans leave early when they are losing. The hilarious thing is that loads of yours pile out when they are winning but more hilariously you all think that that you've had massive loyal crowds for years and you look down on clubs like Leeds Derby and Forest. Now that the magical new 20K are getting bored its even more hilarious :D

eaglejez
28-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Some idiot on nsc says eventually that stadium will put them miles ahead of us as a club. Seemingly ignoring the fact that the stadium is costing them a fortune and we have at least two years of premiership money.

the ticket income is 8.7m. Can't quite see that rocketing up too much

(I can't be bothered to mention the stadium costs again)

Jim Cannon
28-12-2014, 10:24 AM

Does the idiot realise that having a lovely stadium in League 1 with more empty seats than the capacities of some of their divisional rivals will not actually put them ahead with of anyone.

eaglejez
29-12-2014, 02:30 PM
:)
http://i.imgur.com/3BKwfBw.png

relegatedeagle
17-03-2015, 09:27 AM
got excited for a moment that a Brighton fan might have come on with some evidence (anything at all ?!!) :)

All clubs fans leave early when they are losing. The hilarious thing is that loads of yours pile out when they are winning but more hilariously you all think that that you've had massive loyal crowds for years and you look down on clubs like Leeds Derby and Forest. Now that the magical new 20K are getting bored its even more hilarious :D

I know how you lose sleep about this subject, so seeing this article which states (Twice) that sources working for Bloom estimate he is a billionaire, I thought you would want to know, as stated above "anything at all? !!".

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2200795-mugs-and-millionaires-inside-the-murky-world-of-professional-football-gambling?utm_source=outbrain.com&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=special-projects?is_shared=true

SJ'sLoveMonkey
17-03-2015, 09:41 AM
I know how you lose sleep about this subject, so seeing this article which states (Twice) that sources working for Bloom estimate he is a billionaire, I thought you would want to know, as stated above "anything at all? !!".

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2200795-mugs-and-millionaires-inside-the-murky-world-of-professional-football-gambling?utm_source=outbrain.com&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=special-projects?is_shared=true

Good job for you if he is because Brighton is a cash cow, hope he doesn't get bored with continually propping it up! :hi:

Big Gav
17-03-2015, 09:46 AM

Rumoured! Anyway whatever he is worth Brighton are still shit

Pidster
17-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Rumoured! Anyway whatever he is worth Brighton are still shit

And he's a quarter of a billion lighter.

Santos-er
17-03-2015, 10:13 AM
I bet he lost a fortune on Chelsea's defeat to Bradford. Makes it all the better :D

Adlerhorst
17-03-2015, 10:44 AM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2200795-mugs-and-millionaires-inside-the-murky-world-of-professional-football-gambling?utm_source=outbrain.com&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=special-projects?is_shared=trueFWIW I disagree with eaglejez, however quoting bleacher report is stretching the definition of anything at all to its absolute limits.

Payney
17-03-2015, 10:51 AM

Hardly evidence is it?

Star Lizard’s operation confirms Bloom as one of the most successful professional gamblers alive today. His wealth is unknown—he does not appear on any rich lists—but those close to him have estimated he is worth more than £1 billion.

Phil's Barber
17-03-2015, 11:27 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvGPcSDh_uFCEJb0mAlUYIebI9Sx_Oj RK6exrarx37gzQLE7kYdQ

eaglejez
17-03-2015, 10:03 PM

That's an old article and all those supposed areas that he made his money from are discussed and poo pooed in this thread !! :)

eaglejez
17-03-2015, 10:06 PM
FWIW I disagree with eaglejez, however quoting bleacher report is stretching the definition of anything at all to its absolute limits.

Which bits do you disagree with ? He may have millions but I don't think he could have made hundreds of millions from the ventures mentioned

Billy Rhino
17-03-2015, 11:12 PM

Why are you called relegatedeagle?:confused:

CPFC since 1989
17-03-2015, 11:14 PM
a billion rupees

Jim Cannon
20-03-2015, 08:13 AM
Even if he is a billionaire, it just goes to show that even with all that cash, Brighton remain 2 bob

JDawg
20-03-2015, 09:16 AM

A plastic factory.

Lemming
21-03-2015, 01:15 PM
For what it's worth, I got talking to a Brighton fan on the way to see them play Leeds a couple of years ago (my mate's a Leeds fan). He said he was a friend of Blooms brother. I asked him how wealthy Bloom was, he said that he had decent personal wealth but not enough to sustain Brighton. The football finances were funded by an Australian consortium.

It was a ten minute conversation and I was pissed at the time but there you go.