PDA

View Full Version : Who do most Brighton fans actually follow?

Gosling
13-01-2015, 07:05 PM
We've seen plenty of incriminating evidence against them, with various complicit parties, but which team lends more support to Brighton than any other?

wigman
14-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Epic fail.

smoll
14-01-2015, 07:50 PM
p*ss of wigman you know 2/3rds of your ground is full of plastic tossers who support other clubs. I live down here & you can add the following to the list:
Newcastle, Fulham, Derby, Watford, Portsmouth, West Ham, Leeds
I've actually met people who support these clubs & the Seaweed. Startling I know, but completely true. The best one was the Watford fan. Myself & some fellow Palace fans actually met him on the last day of the season in 2013 in a pub in Hove after we had beaten Peterborough. He had a Seaweed fleece on but told us he also supported Watford. We told him not to be so ridiculous. He then proceeded to show us his forearm which had a Watford tattoo on it. It was hilarious but very very wrong at the same time

hull eagle
14-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Whoever is on the other half of their scarf

NorthPalace23
14-01-2015, 07:51 PM
The way they rolled out the red carpet for them it would have to be Liverpool. They even applauded Gerrard-an opposition player with no affinity to Brighton!!!!!

They have the small club mentality where they support their local small club Brighton, and a big Premiership team as there is no conflict of interests as they are only going to meet their other team in a rare cup draw. For us this attitude would make no sense. We are always in the top 2 divisions and our team has the capabilities to beat teams like Chelsea, Liverpool, and Spurs. We get in their faces and do everything to beat them not worship the ground they walk on like Brighton.

old git
14-01-2015, 07:51 PM
Epic fail.

Not really.We just have no idea where the 20k customers defected from.
As your next post will be where did our 10k come from ,I will answer it. Look at our crowds over the years they go up and down.

RUSSELL
14-01-2015, 11:24 PM
Epic fail.

But the evidence is there.... The half and half shirt, the pictures of people wearing a scum shirt and Man U / Liverpool bags, the lad that posted a video of the play-offs in his Tesco bag shirt only to post another video wearing a Chelsea shirt a few days later. The love of Stephen Gerrard and the signing of YNWA.

Latvian
14-01-2015, 11:26 PM
I've actually met people who support these clubs & the Seaweed. Startling I know, but completely true. The best one was the Watford fan. Myself & some fellow Palace fans actually met him on the last day of the season in 2013 in a pub in Hove after we had beaten Peterborough. He had a Seaweed fleece on but told us he also supported Watford. We told him not to be so ridiculous. He then proceeded to show us his forearm which had a Watford tattoo on it. It was hilarious but very very wrong at the same time

Wtf is wrong with people?

CharlieCPFC
14-01-2015, 11:46 PM
And the only Brighton fans who will deny this are the small 6,000 Withdean lot. I was driving by Hassocks the other day and saw a Man United flag with a Brighton scarf by the window.

Of course not to forget my classic photography with the Brighton kid in the away kid with his Liverpool rucksack when we beat them in 2011.

rowaneagle
15-01-2015, 12:09 AM
The obvious option for me 'any mans bum bum' is not available so I'm out

KentEagle1
15-01-2015, 12:36 AM
Whoever's winning so at this moment in time Chelsea

RickyB
15-01-2015, 12:47 AM
Of Late, I vote 'The Palace' - curiously omitted!

Seth
15-01-2015, 02:04 AM
I have two cousins who live in East Sussex, not far from Brighton. One supports Chelsea, the other Liverpool. They are brothers and as kids were never taken to any games by anyone, so are strictly armchair fans. Before the Tampax was built they had no interest whatsoever in BHAFC. Since then they have taken up a kind of affinity with the weed; going to games with their youth football teams, or scout groups or whatever, when tickets were being given out cheap to local clubs etc.

They are the future for Brighton. They are the ones they want to fill the extra 20,000, from the local area. But their loyalty, if you can call it that, is to their prem teams. Brighton are just who they go to watch sometimes when they get cheap tickets. They don't really care about them.

This is the future for Brighton. People who don't really care watching rubbish football in a half-empty wonky warehouse. They are going to have to learn to deal with reality at some point, or eventually the hope will kill them.

Phil's Barber
15-01-2015, 02:14 PM
I have met three weed ST holders in the last few years. One was trying to sell me a car said his first team were THFC (didnt buy the car obviously). Other two met through work. One was also THFC and the other was Naaaarch.

gilesy14
15-01-2015, 02:17 PM
A guy I know, who is an absolute bellend, from Sussex supports Man Utd, Aston Villa & Brighton. Brighton more so since they got that shiny, wanky, goldfish bowl of a new stadium. Pretty much epitomises the majority of Brighton fans these days.

I also know several Man Utd/Brighton, Tottenham/Brighton & Liverpool/Brighton fans. It really is tragic.

Payney
15-01-2015, 02:53 PM
I have told this story before on here but worth repeating.

Last summer I did a bike from Guildford down to Lancing, We stayed over in Lancing for a few beers. Whilst in the pub (The new Sussex) that evening I got chatting to two Brighton fans who had been at the game that day, Brighton had lost 1-0 at home. They were both wearing new Nike Brighton home shirts, After a bit of banter one of them reveals that he is actually a Spurs fan but goes to Brighton as it is local. Typical Seaweed JCL/plastic.

I voted Chelsea though as I also work with a Chelsea fan who lives in Lewes and has a Brighton ST.

strolling bones
15-01-2015, 02:55 PM
Several multi club bha in Eastbourne , who in fairness do not impress the real bha here. I'd say over half of the Brighton in Eastbourne support other clubs as well. To give you an example ., after our play off win, i was having some banter with one in the eagle pub and he said, its just another game , alwAys next year . when i said but you just lost at home to your biggest rivals, in your biggest game for years, that's got to hurt, He said, well not really, im an arsenal fan .. i have an st at the amex but my team is arsenal and its my 9 yr old sons too . When i told my neighbour who is true bha. he said i know the fu kin place is full of em every week .. i reallyDon't know why they deny it .

Breaking rocks
15-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Judy Garland?

Big Gav
15-01-2015, 03:12 PM
I voted Man U as I know 4 Man U fans who are ST holders at Brighton. Although they all hardly go anymore. Think this season is their last one when the deal they got runs out?

thereichstuff
15-01-2015, 03:33 PM
It will be revealing as to how many arsenal fans jump up when they score in the home ends .

Selhurst Celtic
15-01-2015, 03:40 PM
It's a tough question, but I'm going to go with Liverpool. The sickening behaviour by the Tarquins when they played has swayed my decision.

RUSSELL
15-01-2015, 04:19 PM
It's a tough question, but I'm going to go with Liverpool. The sickening behaviour by the Tarquins when they played has swayed my decision.

Wait until they've given Arsenal a guard of honour, swooned over the 4400 'away fans' and burst with excitement as the Arsenal team that runs out matches their 'Arsenal starting line up' thread on the NSC!!

Brighton (spit) LOL

wigman
15-01-2015, 07:56 PM
p*ss of wigman you know 2/3rds of your ground is full of plastic tossers who support other clubs. I live down here & you can add the following to the list:
Newcastle, Fulham, Derby, Watford, Portsmouth, West Ham, Leeds

What a load of crap, we average over 25,000 every home game.
Are you trying to tell me that over 16,500 of our supporters, support another club.
Fulham, Derby, Watford and funniest of the lot, Portsmouth.
This is pure gold.

old git
15-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Are you trying to tell me that over 16,500 of our supporters, support another club.
This is pure gold.

Don't be ridiculous. 25000 -6500 =18500.:p

Nucking Futcase
15-01-2015, 08:38 PM

This is pure gold.

If you want to talk about your pretendances, there is another thread for that mate.

Back to the point; yes; we are trying to say that MOST of your "supporters" (I think you mean fans) "support" another club.

Brighton is comedy gold mate.

wigman
15-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Don't be ridiculous. 25000 -6500 =18500.:p

He said 2/3 rds .:p

wigman
15-01-2015, 08:48 PM
If you want to talk about your pretendances, there is another thread for that mate.

Back to the point; yes; we are trying to say that MOST of your "supporters" (I think you mean fans) "support" another club.

Brighton is comedy gold mate.

23,000 st holders prepared to part with their money.
I think you mean supporters.:p

Maiden Eagle
15-01-2015, 09:03 PM

When was the last time you averaged over 20000 when you were at the Goldstone Ground ?

I would guess the early 80's, when you were last in the old Division 1.

So, fast forward 30 years to the opening of the Amex, all those who gradually deserted BAHAFC, before you got kicked out of the goldstone and got locked out the Withdean (even though most of the time, it wasn't full), returned lazarus like to become Brighton fans again, like the 80s, 90s and 00s had never happened.

Maiden Eagle
15-01-2015, 09:03 PM

When was the last time you averaged over 20000 when you were at the Goldstone Ground ?

I would guess the early 80's, when you were last in the old Division 1.

So, fast forward 30 years to the opening of the Amex, all those who gradually deserted BAHAFC, before you got kicked out of the goldstone and got locked out the Withdean (even though most of the time, it wasn't full), returned lazarus like to become Brighton fans again, like the 80s, 90s and 00s had never happened.

Heb 7:4
15-01-2015, 09:45 PM
This is pure gold.

Zj36KFIoXvA

Nth Kent Eagle
15-01-2015, 09:47 PM
Does seem to be a lot of Spurs down there.

thereichstuff
15-01-2015, 10:05 PM
23,000 st holders prepared to part with their money.
I think you mean customers .:p

:p

rowaneagle
15-01-2015, 10:19 PM

I know for a fact there is at least one more toys r us

Nucking Futcase
16-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Zj36KFIoXvA

What an absolute c*** that 'bloke' is.

Still... The video pretty much sums up Brighton and their 'supporters'

The Addonians
16-01-2015, 09:50 AM
What an absolute c*** that 'bloke' is.

Still... The video pretty much sums up Brighton and their 'Customers'

EFA

Londoner
16-01-2015, 09:54 AM
10,000 new fans since promotion.

Who do they support?

hull eagle
16-01-2015, 10:08 AM

Who do they support?

Yes but where was they before promotion?

hull eagle
16-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Zj36KFIoXvA

What an embarrassment!

Heb 7:4
16-01-2015, 10:23 AM

Who do they support?

7,000. A mixture of established fans coming more often, lapsed fans coming back, new fans, and more away fans.

All of which will have been true for your extra 20,000, except you've got a load of plastics too. It's why the atmosphere at the Amex is an absolute embarrassment.

strolling bones
16-01-2015, 11:07 AM
All of which will have been true for your extra 20,000, except you've got a load of plastics too. It's why the atmosphere at the Amex is an absolute embarrassment.

I think this ^ ^ ^ is the most honest appraisal of Brighton i have seen for quite some time. The true weeds know this, they will even tell you this when they take their tesco bag glasses off . They know that a huge part of their support is part time and is not bothered about atmosphere, or being kindred in spirit, or actually really bothered whether they have success or not. Its about as genuine as a party political broadcast by the conservatives or tony blooms tax returns..

Selhurst Celtic
16-01-2015, 11:10 AM
That Bushy div who supports Chelsea that was rightly hounded off the BBS a while back for being a bigotted pig is quite active on NSC. Doesn't hide his support of Chelsea and is a season ticket holder at the Amex by all accounts.

And can be found offering people out on the Big Board or 'inviting them for a chat' as he calls it.

:vader:

Selhurst Celtic
16-01-2015, 11:12 AM
I'm sticking with my previous answer of Liverpool though.

Penstone Eagle
16-01-2015, 01:19 PM

Agreed.

Counted up the number of friends and other people I know that go to the Amex, I can count 23 of which 4 are Spurs fans (1 went to Charlton away), 1 W Ham and 2 Liverpool.

smoll
16-01-2015, 03:11 PM
just remembered, I know a Seaweed/Everton fan too
Liverpool are the big one though for definate. A lot of them will try & make out its just the youngsters who have only known the weed in the bottom 2 divisions (not that its any excuse) & have never known the Amex etc that support all the prem sides as well as the Weed but I actually know a couple of blokes in their 40's who support Liverpool & Brighton. They're roughly same age as me so would have known the weed in the old 1st div when they went up with us & when they got to the Cup Final in 1983 so basically their glory days but they still support another club too.....
all very odd!!

LONDONMAN
16-01-2015, 04:32 PM

Who do they support?

It's easy to guess who Londoner's other team is:

Gateshead. :S:

strolling bones
16-01-2015, 04:52 PM
It's easy to guess who Londoner's other team is:

Gateshead. :S:

Never known predictive text to come up with gates instead of Dick ! ..;)

LONDONMAN
17-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Never known predictive text to come up with gates instead of Dick ! ..;)

Londoner also has been known for his love of Littlehampton.

spt1978
17-01-2015, 10:02 AM
I know a diehard chelsea fan who goes to all of chelsea home and European games, he has a Brighton season ticket for the Saturdays when chelsea are away.

tasty_snacks
23-01-2015, 12:24 AM
Two people in the office with STs, Liverpool/ Spurs respectively. BRIGHTON basiclly has the transient support of a non-league club.

JAT - as 93% of Amex attendees support a bigger, better, richer, more successful club, shouldn't Palace be an option in that poll?

HurstpierPalace
23-01-2015, 08:03 AM
Back in Sussex I have a Tottenham mate, one West Ham, one Arsenal and 2 Liverpool off the top of my head who started going back in 2011 and a couple of whom even asked me to go a few times as it'd be a 'Good day out' fully aware of my loyalties!

Apart from one Liverpool mate none of them go anymore and seem to have gotten bored with it all. Also the Arsenal fan was over the moon with the cup draw and has said there's no way he can miss it this time. Hasn't worked out who he wants to win yet though.

On a side note several of my German mates over here have asked me who I hate most as a Palace fan. None of them have any idea who Brighton even are so I get tired of explaining and just go with a club they have heard of like Millwall.

Pidster
23-01-2015, 09:00 AM
I used to spend a fair amount of time in Lewes, and thought I might buy a season ticket for the AMEX for the Saturdays when Palace were playing away. Unfortunately they donít sell season tickets for the away end.

CPFC_DAVE77
23-01-2015, 09:18 AM
A woman on the train this morning said a colleague of her's has a season ticket at Brighton, but that his actual team is Man Utd. Clearly that's two reasons that this bloke is a total ****. She said he doesn't bother with night matches though as it's a pain in the arse to get too and from the stadium.

Payroll Legend
24-01-2015, 09:00 PM
I live in East Sussex. My sons mates all support Brighton but have other teams that they follow as well. I'm talking about 20 mates.

It's understandable, they lost a whole generation through the Withdran years. These new fans don't have a proper affiliation with Brighton, they just go (when they aren't at the cinema or something) because they can't watch their real team.

Martinsleftpeg
24-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Back in Sussex I have a Tottenham mate, one West Ham, one Arsenal and 2 Liverpool off the top of my head who started going back in 2011 and a couple of whom even asked me to go a few times as it'd be a 'Good day out' fully aware of my loyalties!

Apart from one Liverpool mate none of them go anymore and seem to have gotten bored with it all. Also the Arsenal fan was over the moon with the cup draw and has said there's no way he can miss it this time. Hasn't worked out who he wants to win yet though.

On a side note several of my German mates over here have asked me who I hate most as a Palace fan. None of them have any idea who Brighton even are so I get tired of explaining and just go with a club they have heard of like Millwall.

A German mate of mine who supports Palace went to Egypt and (as all good Germans do) laid out his Palace towel on the sun lounger only to be met by some Millwall fans who were gob smacked when he told them in good English with a German accent "ah I see Millscum are allowed entry here what a shame "......!

CPFC85
24-01-2015, 09:51 PM
Liverpool. Definitely Liverpool.

sydney eagle
25-01-2015, 02:49 AM
I just saw this on there

Chelsea 2 - 0 up, and a quality starting eleven ? Wow!

I happen to have a 'not so secret soft spot' for Chelsea, but this is what football and the supporters are all about.

sydney eagle
26-01-2015, 01:26 AM
Some discussion in this thread about them surrounding the arsenal bus :D

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?317294-Made-my-stomach-turn