PDA

View Full Version : Leicester v Palace.

leicester1
14-01-2015, 09:29 AM
I realise we both have a couple of games before this one but i may as well start this up now.....

Any questions on haunted pubs,parking,sitting in the home ends,inner city travel ie bus numbers,our team,......fire away and i'll try to answer them...

Stoke at home for us on Saturday and our new Croation striker should be straight in the team now he has FA clearance and the nod for a work permit.:p

Del Fenner
14-01-2015, 10:20 AM
Will there be Wagon Wheels?

leicester1
14-01-2015, 10:27 AM
In the away end?.......i can find out.....but i doubt it...:D

BERT'S HEAD
14-01-2015, 10:30 AM
I realise we both have a couple of games before this one but i may as well start this up now.....

Any questions on haunted pubs,parking,sitting in the home ends,inner city travel ie bus numbers,our team,......fire away and i'll try to answer them...

Stoke at home for us on Saturday and our new Croation striker should be straight in the team now he has FA clearance and the nod for a work permit.:p

Will I pull in the Criterion Friday night ?

leicester1
14-01-2015, 10:36 AM
I honestly could'nt tell you that,for a run down on its clientel ...the Bbs'er Hilaireshair on here would be best placed to answer that ....iv'e never really used the place since it was a football lads pub and called ''the nags head''....its now a studenty type pub apparently....

leicester1
14-01-2015, 10:37 AM
Not doing very well am i.....:lux:................:sob:.................. .....:D

BERT'S HEAD
14-01-2015, 10:39 AM
Not doing very well am i.....:lux:................:sob:.................. .....:D

Will I pull in ANY Leicester boozer ? (making it easy for you :D )

leicester1
14-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Thats easy to answer....Liquid or Fanclub....first one you'll need to dress youngish...second one you'll need your jeans on and Rocker attire....theres always Lamplighters if your desperate...

BERT'S HEAD
14-01-2015, 10:51 AM
Thats easy to answer....Liquid or Fanclub....first one you'll need to dress youngish...second one you'll need your jeans on and Rocker attire....theres always Lamplighters if your desperate...

Jeez christ, Lamplighters is a must for anyone who wants to see another side of Leicester boozing culture. Thanks for reminding me :p

Chris K
14-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Do you still spend the whole game showering the away end with coins like you did at Filbert Street?

Penstone Eagle
14-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Will you be copying our songs, and will that large chap still be banging the drum ?

leicester1
14-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Theres no throwing coins these days Chris we're all skint.....i used to make a few quid in pen 2 back at Filbert Street as a teenager picking up schrapnel....;)

Penstone.....you copied ''Love you''...we then adopted it,as you know...theres fresh songs being attempted at the moment and even if a few ar'nt ready you should hear the odd new one from the last time you visited.....last week pre Villa a young un sang a new Leicester song for me in the pub,was'nt bad as it happens........yep,we have 2 drum bangers now,mate of mine next to the away end,and i could'nt see whoo was drumming against the Geordies when i was in with the Ultras...:lux:

Battle EAGLE
14-01-2015, 03:09 PM
Can't make it this time because of work, last time we drank in the Counting house I think it's called, friendly staff and nice banter with Liecester fans. I hope we win obviously but good luck for the rest of the season.

Walrus
14-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Memories of Leicester away are a bit fuzzy. Seem to remember them being amongst the very best at giving goalies the "you're shit, aaaaaaaaaaah" though.

leicester1
14-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Cheers BE....thats my matchday local but with the bigger away supports swamping us we've had to move on to other pubs pre match most home games....Walrus....yep,we still do the ''your shit ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. .....:hi:

Dorking .Eagle
14-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Do away fans still get ambushed in Nelson Mandela park (I think that's what its called) in the dark on the way back to the station? :D;)

cpfcfly
14-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Coming in by coach into St Margaret's bus station. Any buses to the ground from there?

leicester1
14-01-2015, 11:14 PM
Yes....go into the bus station and head for stand 13.....theres a few buses either side you can get....84,84a,85,47,....all go to Morrisons/near the Counting House away fans pub....8 minute ride then ...3 minute walk from Morrisons or the Counting House to the ground...

PalaceNI
15-01-2015, 12:51 AM
Me and a mate are flying over for this, staying in the city center, is the ground easy to get to from there?

leicester1
15-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Yes...you can either walk and nip in a couple of pubs leaving at town 11-midday....or get a bus....88,88a from Charles Street with FIRST bus company.......or 84,84a,85,47 from Charles Street with ARRIVA.....8 MINUTES duration travel time....

doogleboy
15-01-2015, 03:45 PM
What's the best away fans pub?

Selhurst Celtic
15-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Local Hero or F-Bar.

:vader:

Selhurst Celtic
15-01-2015, 04:03 PM
doogleboy, Counting House usually fills up with away fans.

leicester1
15-01-2015, 04:54 PM
D....Counting House next to Morrisons...SC.....:D........Local Hero is home supporters...F-Bar is....out of bounds.....:p

whyteleafeeagle
15-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Rob not sure if I can make it yet, will let you know if I do mate

leicester1
15-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Ok Ja....hope alls well mate....

chrisophiex
15-01-2015, 10:36 PM
Will the bloke, after the 1996 Play Off Final, that crawled along at the same speed as me to get away from Wembley in a traffic jam, that casually asked me "what the score was?"when he saw my Palace top, and then slowly pulled away , revealing a Leicester City sticker in the rear window of his Volvo Estate, be there ?

leicester1
16-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Only a seance has a chance of answering that one mate....:p......to be fair,i know most of our lot that are regulars in the Counting House and i don't think any drive Volvos....low thing to do that....just for the record,after the above mentioned game at Wembley 12 of us went in a pub behind the Palace end,the one where the West Indians were slamming the Dominoes down,no problems considering the Palace in there were gutted....

Selhurst Celtic
16-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Will the bloke, after the 1996 Play Off Final, that crawled along at the same speed as me to get away from Wembley in a traffic jam, that casually asked me "what the score was?"when he saw my Palace top, and then slowly pulled away , revealing a Leicester City sticker in the rear window of his Volvo Estate, be there ?

:D

leicester1
31-01-2015, 05:11 PM
After todays results theres still light at the end of the tunnel for us....next weeks game is a slightly large one for Leicester......bring it forth....:lux:

Kylie_Tracey
31-01-2015, 08:37 PM
definitely a 6 pointer, still there is a few hours left to spend 20 odd million and wreck your FFP !

leicester1
31-01-2015, 08:59 PM
We don't need 20 mill to spend....we just need me to give the pre match team talk...

FoxInPeace
02-02-2015, 10:24 AM
Hi all, Leicester fan in peaceJust thought I'd post my views and possible line up for our upcoming game. This is a massive game for us and could possibly see us cut too far adrift for survival. I'd imagine it's a big game for you too although you'll be well clear of relegation come May imo.

The game itself could be a cracker if you come to attack us, if you set up defensively we'll really struggle to break you down. Algeria losing last night could see Mahrez return for us which would be huge for us although I'm not sure he'd start. The middle of the park is where we've really been struggling due to injuries and suspensions but hopefully we have Cambiasso back for saturday.For anybody travelling to the game fancying a couple of pre match beers, I'd suggest the Counting House (5 min walk from the ground). Away fan friendly and usely a good atmosphere. Hoping for a good atmosphere at the game also but that largely depends on our performance at home games

.Would expect us to line up
Schwarzer

Simpson wasilewski Morgan De laet

Albrighton James Cambiasso Schlupp

KramaricUlloa

Match prediction

Heart says 2-1
Head says 1-1

Best of luck for the rest of the season after saturday

beelsylegend
04-02-2015, 12:22 AM
Hi all, Leicester fan in peaceJust thought I'd post my views and possible line up for our upcoming game. This is a massive game for us and could possibly see us cut too far adrift for survival. I'd imagine it's a big game for you too although you'll be well clear of relegation come May imo.

The game itself could be a cracker if you come to attack us, if you set up defensively we'll really struggle to break you down. Algeria losing last night could see Mahrez return for us which would be huge for us although I'm not sure he'd start. The middle of the park is where we've really been struggling due to injuries and suspensions but hopefully we have Cambiasso back for saturday.For anybody travelling to the game fancying a couple of pre match beers, I'd suggest the Counting House (5 min walk from the ground). Away fan friendly and usely a good atmosphere. Hoping for a good atmosphere at the game also but that largely depends on our performance at home games

.Would expect us to line up

Schwarzer

Simpson wasilewski Morgan De laet

Albrighton James Cambiasso Schlupp

KramaricUlloa

Match prediction

Heart says 2-1

Head says 1-1

Best of luck for the rest of the season after saturday

I'd imagine Pardew will look to attack and try and get 3pts so could be a cracking game, really looking forward to it.
I'd say I'm fearful of Schlupp and Mahrez ( if he's back), from what I've seen they look decent. Ulloa too obviously knows where the net is but seems to have gone off the boil since those early few weeks - is that accurate?
I'd be interested to see what Kramric is like. Never heard of him and big money but if it's true that Chelsea were after him then he must be decent - early thoughts?
Tbh I'd probably take a draw, seeing as I'm always of the opinion that a point away in the prem is decent regardless of opposition, although I'm confident of 3pts.
Prediction - 1-3, Ulloa, Sanogo and Gayle.

Best of luck for the rest of the season (starting after our game!)

I

PalaceNI
04-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Leicester is Highcross close to the bus station in the city? My hotel is there and I've no idea if it's walkable or a taxi will be required?

leicester1
04-02-2015, 05:15 PM
Its walkable mate....walk up past the Richard 3rd pub then turn right past Macdonalds and you can't miss it at the end....or get on the main inner ring road and head left to the open square,its on the left....5 minutes...

PalaceNI
04-02-2015, 08:53 PM
Cheers!!

Stellavista
04-02-2015, 11:25 PM
Always a big one in our family, as my mum is Leicester born and a Foxes supporter.
She was only in Leicester a day, as Gran was caught short on her way back to civilisation.

leicester1
06-02-2015, 02:02 AM
I like it Stell.....look forward to seeing you all at our pub...some clown might advertise it as ...the Counting House as an away pub ...but as you know if you read any of my posts....:D

Palace22
08-02-2015, 12:54 AM
Great support by the palace

Jogia
08-02-2015, 09:56 AM
Palace fans were great but Leicester deserved a point for sure!

detroiteagle
08-02-2015, 10:21 AM

No one 'deserves' a point, you earn it.

Don't do what is required to earn a point? Then you didn't deserve it.

Supa Pard
08-02-2015, 10:33 AM

We did something we wouldn't have done under Warnock - we ground out a result.
And that's what will keep us up.

Palace22
08-02-2015, 11:20 PM
Crystal Palace fans at Leicester check my videos out

leicester1
09-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Seen a couple of decent vids of Palace fans...but this is the AWAY END mate...is there any of our L1 Block on any of them?:D........................:p